Nirvana

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kaztiyo
whta could i sayabout this band its AWESOME , who else could play the guitar and sing AT THE SAME TIME? well maybe anyone but however kurt was unique.

heres a pictureof Frances Bean Cobain, Kurt's daughter...

kaztiyo
so what do you all think huu?

kaztiyo
what the hell?

kaztiyo
another one

kaztiyo
last frances' pic

moviejunkie23
she is gonna grow up really screwed up, just a lucky guess big grin

room #99
Many of vocalists play guitar and they do it better then kurt

anyways Nirvana are great

eggmayo
Nirvana kick ass, but cobain is not a great guitarist.
He created an awesome sound, but with simple riffs

slashwristbarbi
I think this quote about Kurt pretty much sums it up:

"A great guitarist? No. A man who did great things with a guitar? Definatley"

room #99
agreed

Lord_Andres
Great guitarist, laughing out loud he SUCKS! as a singer and guitar player, its all wrong with that music everything, bad singer, ba guitar, no good melodies, nutin worth remembering

Deathblow
That's taking it too far. I think Nirvana are heavily overrated, but they did have a huge influence on 90's music scene. Plus Cobain could write better riffs with his eyes closed than most modern guitarists can when he was in the Nevermind zone.

Tptmanno1
I agree with Deathblow on some parts, I have heard much better guitarists, but if by modern guitarists you mean like GC or some shit like that then yes, easily.
Nirvana are very overrated, people think that they are like the second coming of christ or something and their not.

Afro Cheese
They're ok I guess.. all their songs sound the same to me though.

Lord_Andres
Ya and his voice is so ****in bad its unbelieble, he sounds well sad, taht boring voice, no power in it!

eggmayo
Nirvanas all about simplicity

Darth Jello
the big problem with Nirvana, is that they never released their best work and only a fraction of which was released on the box set. I'm talking about songs like Sappy, Verse Chorus Verse, Song in D (which most likely has already surfaced on an acoustic demo), Old Age, Do Re Mi (there's a version recorded with a full band), Weird Radio Jam (recorded in Holland), Dave's Meat Song, and probably a bunch more that we've never even heard of.

moises
First came the beatles, led Zeppelin, Metallica, then came Nirvana and the music world will end with them! No Alternative.

Alpha Centauri
Well Nirvana ended and the music world of Rock is arguably riper than it's ever been.

-AC

Silver Stardust
Well, I have to say that I love Nirvana, as I literally grew up listening to them. But they aren't then end-all and be-all of music.

Df02
nirvana seriously suck my balls

no really im serious, i was a roadie, he DID

eggmayo
mwahahahaha cobain was murdered!

terra grl 123
hi

terra grl 123
any 1 here?

Lord_Andres
no

Evil Dead
okay, so you didn't like Nirvana........that's your own personal tast. It however, does not make your statement any less assinine. Nirvana changed the entire music industry...not just in America, abroad aswell. If a band changes the entire musical world.....it's pretty safe to say they don't "suck".

I don't particularly care for the Beatles or Elvis Presley. Not my kind of music. That doesn't make them "suck". I'm sure that anybody with half a brain can see that they must have been pretty good at what they did to affect the industry the way they did....to conquer the musical world....even if I don't particularly care for them.

It seems that you have some kind of superiority complex. If you like something it must be good.......if you don't like something it must be bad. What the hell makes you so special that your personal opinion is the sole indicator of universally good or bad?

Lord_Andres
There is nuting special about them, thats what I'm saying, bad singer, no melodie, no good guitar work, I havint heard any talent from those guys, you know when all that is bad, the music IS bad,, well i would say they destroyed the music, check out some of the 80's hard rock bands, they sing good, play good, make good melodie that are worthy of remembering, and write damn good lyrics, its all good about their music, but Nirvana just dont have those quality's, do you understand that? Nirvana are overrated, and I mean overreated, no talent at all!

kaztiyo
yeah kusrt was murdered

eggmayo
theres no conspiracy, its just that kurt really didnt kill himself

moises
yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........................................................................................

rickyduck
Im sorry if I offend anyone who likes Nirvana, but I couldnt choose - the weird al yankovic thread or this thread. But this video rocks!:
http://www.hotget.com/videocode/Weird_Al_Yankovic-Smells_Like_Nirvana--11653.html

Grimm Reaper
I really enjoyed Nirvana's album Nevermind, I thought the songs were all good. I don't believe that they were the GODS of music but they were good and I liked them. I'm not saying that you should all bow down to my words, just pitching in my two cents. That's what you do on forums.

rickyduck
Judas Preist! w00t!

el_barto
Originally posted by The Highlord
There is nuting special about them, thats what I'm saying, bad singer, no melodie, no good guitar work, I havint heard any talent from those guys, you know when all that is bad, the music IS bad,, well i would say they destroyed the music, check out some of the 80's hard rock bands, they sing good, play good, make good melodie that are worthy of remembering, and write damn good lyrics, its all good about their music, but Nirvana just dont have those quality's, do you understand that? Nirvana are overrated, and I mean overreated, no talent at all!

Dear god, learn grammar and spelling please. If your going to argue that a band is stupid, at least try to make yourself SOUND smart.

XxILuvVegetaxX
I'm not really into rock and stuff, but I did like, no LOVE Nirvana, that cd Nevermind is great from start to finish.

mysterio69
nirvana's pretty overrated. they would've just broke up anyway if he didn't die. and dave doesn't get enough credit for making that band the way it was. it's always kurt this, kurt that. they'd be nothing without dave.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.