Ravemaster VS DBZ

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TrAnCeDuO
now before you type "OMG GOKU WOULD LIEK SO PWN RAVEMASTER!!!111LOLOLOL!" i would to state that this is a compare and contrast thread. if you came for your inane discussions on who would kick whos ass then go to gamefaqs you waste of life.

now i was talking to my friend yesterday. He actually said that DBZ garbage is actually better than Ravemaster. Being the kind person that i am i decided to give him the benefit of doubt. the five areas that i would to grade would be:

Style(how well is the story told? what plot devices are there? are they new?)

Originality(how many times have we seen this before? does this anime bring anything to new to the anime genre?)

Mortality(can people die? do they stay dead? does everyone in this story seem to have an even chance to kill someone?)

Characters(are their personalitys anything original? do they follow logic or impulse? What are their flaws? what are their strengths?)

Age Group(what age group is this targeted to? does this show have any maturity to it? how whored out is this series?)

Grading system: each category will be rated on a scale of 1-10 10 being best and 1 being worst

Since i dont really know much about Ravemaster im going to rate DBZ
Stlye: Every episode is told by third person. And its pretty staightforward except for the cell saga. All the plot devices are pretty boring and predictable. 4/10

Originality: for its time everything was pretty cute originally but sadly this series was quickly prone to a monotonous plot and never recovered. Episode after episode is the same if not identical. The only difference is that each one has a slight variation in plot devices which are sometimes stolen off of movies(*cough* cell saga*cough*). All in all this was good at the begining but was just dragging on in the end. 2/10

Mortality: Even if the main character dies everyone will just shrug it off and wish him back as if it was no big deal. Also this show is notorious for it being seriously underbalanced. cmon give me a break here! weirdoes teleporting left and right while shooting lasers at each other? Aliens becoming god like strong just because they do a few pushups? seriously what garbage is this!? You cant call this balanced and fair at all considering the fact that the humans can do litterally nothing to help goku. they are there because earlier existance allowed them to. they have no purpose whatsoever. 1/10

Characters: Most(if any) of the characters act on impulse only. Their only purpose in life is to fight and eat. and theres way too many flaws with the characters to list.1/10

Age Group: This was once targeted to teens but now more and more we see it aged to little 7 year olds who dont care about its repeating plot. Lets not forget all the trading cards, pillow covers, t-shirts, etc. that are still being produced even when this shows popularity is at a all time low. It might as well go to the red light district for more whoring. 1/10

now can someone please contribute to this thread?

Ironman
noob.

TrAnCeDuO
hypocrite

Sora Asakura
hey that's not nice... you guys started the debate without me! well i see how it is...

TrAnCeDuO
i will do one on Ravemaster soon enough...for now ill point out that the shows weapons are extremely unproportioned. seriously why does everyone have a sword that looks impossible for them to wield?

The Flash
Because it's cooler that way. Would you rather watch the main character weild an oridinary sword with nothing special at all or a big ass sword that can transform into 9 other swords?

justjakk
With the series of Rave Masters, the only repeating plot I can see is the damsil in destress. Poor Elie is picked on in a great number of shows. Her character is often attacked, wether she is afraid of not does seem to differ. In episode titled "Release the Beasts", she is confronted by the weilder of the beast sword, yet she plays a rhyme game with him. In a later group of episodes, she is met by Seig Hart, who tourtores her until Harus saves her. Eventhough she is in harms way, she is either saved by Haru or manages to get out of it in the end. Enemies prgress and so does the heroes. I like this show. Also, one more point to make is this show has different characters. They do not look the same as in the DB DBZ or DBGT series. I was asked to draw a merged character for someone. I looked at a character sketch and with a picture of another character, I drew a picture of the said character. Plus, I wonder if they will make another series with more letters added to it. Maybe there will be a DNABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ. Hey, it could happen.

Ironman
dont talk in the third youll confuse your self

TrAnCeDuO
http://www.sk1pper.com/youre_not_funny.bmp

piss off if your not going to contribute to discussion, *******.

JLred
laughing

I would say Rave Master wold win. I mean come on DBZ is so cheap. You know who's gonna win. And then they come back as angels.

But hen I hate Rave Master because its so stupid. everythig is just so dumb.

Maylien
Rave Master is definetly better than any of the DB series I agree that DB repeates itself way too much and not of the main characters will ever die. The story for rave master is great i have only seen up to the episode when ellie goes to see the thunder man but i think the series is great

FallenArchAngel
Rave master and DBZ cannot be compared they are two completely different things. so how can u say which is better.

Maylien
Easy base it on originality and Rave Master wins just because they are about different things you can still compare parts of them but you haven't seen rave master anyway so how do you know

FallenArchAngel
No u can't they are two completely different things. Plus DBZ is not an original idea it has been done before in a series called Fist of the North Star and Red Hawk so u cannot compare them its like comparing a mushy romance movie with a gory horror movie just coz they r both animes does not mean they are similar

JLred
Shes/hes so totally right....

FallenArchAngel
I am a guy I just think KOS-MOS from Xenosaga is cool

JLred
Well youre totally right when you put in that perspective..............

FallenArchAngel
Well if u want to campare one anime with another they obviously need similarities like the same kind of storyline or characters for example. Comparing Ravemaster with DBZ is just a complete miss fit. They have nothing in common

shangheid
Are you talking about the show or the book?Because if you are talking about the show then I think it sucks aswell...but if you are talking about the book...shame on you the book is freakin sweet...it is way better then the show which they ruined... sad

TrAnCeDuO
well fallen i have a series of questions for you.

if oranges and apples are different then why are they called fruits?
if theyre so different then why do they look simlarly?
why do they both taste sweet?
in what ways are they different?
in what ways are they the same?
aernt we compare and contrasting two different things?
cant we use this sort of logic in compare and contrasting other things?
are you missing a logic that even the dumbest of neanderthals would understand?

JLred
im talking about the show......

TrAnCeDuO
so am i.

JLred
well i still say Ravemaster would beat DbZ.....

TrAnCeDuO
well at least your (trying) to contribute to this thread unlike fallen.

JLred
yup.....i think.......

black_goku#1
right on! look at the time difference here!!!!!! mad
dbz came out in like the 80's. ravemaster is like brandnew.
dbz has benn one of the top animes for aleast 10 years and even now its still popular. now we dont nedd to spend anymore tome trying to say wich is better. dbz has left behind a legacy and actually was wht made
anime so popular in the first place!:mad" rave master was probably made by some drunkbeer who had an idea that would appeal to the likes of a simple idiot who enjoys watching people play with swords.

dbz is by far better and to prove it ill start a poll

JLred
imagine if Goku was black hed look funny....no offense just he would look funny.....................

The Flash
black_goku#1, don't be insulting the creator of Rave Master. At least Rave Master has more of a story than DBZ. Also the fights don't last that long.

FallenArchAngel
trAnCeDuo

one thing these are not fruit. Plus i did not say they could not be compared, I said that it was a silly comparison. Anything can be compared in some way or form, however that does not mean it is a good comparison.

JLred
Your Tekken sig. rocksa!!!!

TrAnCeDuO
if its so "silly" then make the comparison already! who cares if its "silly"

JLred
If its silly then why wouldnt it be in the silly thread of my ming messed

No I think Rave Master would so totally win..Yes the fights were worth it in DBZ but they took so long.....it was like 10 eps. for Cell alone........

FallenArchAngel

Madison
I love Rave Master it is so much better than DBZ

FallenArchAngel
I know its cooooooooollllllllll!!!!

Maylien
I agree DBZ is way too repetative

FallenArchAngel
tell me about it I just got sick of it after a while

Madison
i agree it was the same thing over and over you know straight away who is going to win what battles and how

TrAnCeDuO
AGH!

i must thank you for contributing to this thread but please the name is trance! TRANCE!!!!(the idiot that made my sig screwed up on my name)

FallenArchAngel
I just want to know more about Elie, why is that dude(can't remember his name i keep forgetting) trying to kill her?what is the 3173 all about? What is her story?

Maylien
you mean the guy that hit her with thunder im not sure of his name either and i really want to find out about her past

FallenArchAngel
Yeh I think so

Maylien
it must be that guy noone else unusual has been trying to kill her alone and i don't think we've been told his name yet she once thought he was called the thunder man but it turned out it was someone else

FallenArchAngel
Yeh I think thats him. Plus am I the only one that finds Griff REALLY REALLY ANNOYING

Maylien
griff can be really annoying but he can be usful too like when he turned into an umberella to get them away from the shadow gaurd

FallenArchAngel
But he is still annoying, I mean what the hell is he?

Maylien
i'm really not sure what it has never been explained just like noone knows exactly what plue is anyone got any ideas

FallenArchAngel
Maybe Little Fishy knows

Maylien
anyone got any good ideas is what i meant

FallenArchAngel
Little Fishy has got good ideas

Maylien
Good ides about what plue and griff are ask little fishy if it knows if your so obsest with it

FallenArchAngel
how dare u, I have u know Little Fishy knows about life, the universe and everything

Maylien

FallenArchAngel
exactly see isn't Little Fishy clever

Maylien
not if it doesn't know what plue and griff are get back to the subject

Maylien
i found out that the guys name is Sieghart and he workes for the shadow guard

FallenArchAngel
Yeh thats it I just keep forgetting his name but I knew he was a member of the Shadow Guard

Maylien
yeah do you believe that harus dad was part of the shadow gaurd too or do you think shuda was lying

FallenArchAngel
He was telling the truth

Maylien
how do you know was he the guy giving the orders to sieghart and the others

FallenArchAngel
trust me i've seen enough anime's to know

Maylien
yeah but do you actually have any proof that he was telling the truth

FallenArchAngel
No, all I can do is speculate but whenever in an anime, when evil dude says something like that u know there is at least some truth behind it

Maylien
ok well we will find out wont i dont think it will be long

FallenArchAngel
yeh but I bet he is telling the truth

Maylien
i think he might be too but haru really does not want to believe it does he

FallenArchAngel
yeh thats always the way with these things

Maylien
i know but its still wierd and you never answered my question do you think he was the one giving sieghart and the others orders

FallenArchAngel
possibly

Maylien
i think it is cos his dad wanted to find the rave stones and that is the aim of the shadow gaurd so i think he started the shadow guard along with the others

FallenArchAngel
well we will soon see

Maylien
hopefully yeah but do you agree that it is a possibility

FallenArchAngel
thats what I said

Maylien
so you did sorry i forgot

ninjababe
DRAGON BALL Z

ninja NinjaBabe

RoyMC
?????????????????????????????

JLred
Blah.........!

Max Spidey 24
Every one says dbz is so stupid, but yet we all watched all 80000 episodes. If it was so much crap why did you guys stay intuned that long. Also I cant stand when people go i give dbz a 1 out of 10 , please, you over exagerate.

Dbz up to freeza was the best I give it an 8 out of 10, and Dragon ball the originals was an 9outof 10. As for the guy that says its crap because we know whos going to win, I say duh the hero is going to win like in rave master, also in dragon ball goku lost the tourniment twice, and then when they fought raddiz, I had no clue piccolo was going to do that and kill goku too. The story of only survivers, and th eevil freeza that enslaved the saiyans and showed no mercy was good. The Dbz movies were prety good like the history of trunks, Bardock the father of goku,and jeneba. In the cell and buu saga I only liked certain eps in it not the whole thing. Rave Master, i like the stupid theme song, Its Catchy, and every ep is something about eli or trying to find the dragon balls.... I mean rave stoness. The fights are mostly crap, like when he fighting that beast guy, Its like dbz when they shoot crap to much. Also in every ep in rave master he abuses EXPLOSION almost as much as goku does the Kamehameha.

Dragon Ball to Dragon Ball Z Up to the freiza Saga is gold and a classic.As for GT I only like the jap theme song and the way SSJ 4 looks.

RogueGambitdare
DBZ can get a little confusing 'cause no one stays dead for more than 4 episodes.
The plot is getting boring too.

RogueGambitdare
RaveMaster is really confusing 'cause the timelines get all mixed up. There are too many flash backs.
But the weapons are cool. The characters are well thought out too.

Crazy88No.1
Kinda obvious really, DBZ, RaveMaster sucks. And I mean the japanese DBZ, the unedited one, not f*%ked by FUNImation.

JLred
I still say Ravemaster is better.....DBZ is so boring.....I watched each and every single episode of DBZ and DBGT and even a bunch of unedited ones....yet there still boring...and Ravemaster is fresh!!

BENITO
Ravemaster has a better quest.
DBZ has crazier characters but got ruined by DBGT.
Dragonballs the best of them.
Ravemaster would get my vote If it wasn't for Griffin.

Max Spidey 24
Listen to yourself. You said you watched every single ep, If you did then it cant be boring if you stayed intuned for that long. DbGt is not made by the same guy, so that doesnt even count as anything.

BENITO
Well DBZ is repetitive it's been said before
but you can't really watch DBZ over and over again.

JLred
Just because they suck doesnt mean I dont like them.....

i rule
ravemaster cuz hes cooler

JLred
Any reason why?

Max Spidey 24
Explosion. but at least goku changes it kamehameha the spirit bomb

i rule
because he has a big friggin' sword.

dragonball
Hello people. First of all I would like to say that Ravemaster is cool. Now, if i had to say which one was better i would go for DBZ. The 3 series rock! I watched Dragonball GT in Spanish and the starting theme song in spanish is the best anime song I've ever heard in my life. Inuyasha's ending song "Every heart" also is nice. Anyways before i get off topic here, let me say again that DBZ is way better. Not only because it's one of the best Anime of all time and because it has stayed on top for many years, but also because it has reached people of all places and walks of life. I can prove it too. It has definetly changed my life. whistle

FullMetalLover1
Originally posted by TrAnCeDuO
now before you type "OMG GOKU WOULD LIEK SO PWN RAVEMASTER!!!111LOLOLOL!" i would to state that this is a compare and contrast thread. if you came for your inane discussions on who would kick whos ass then go to gamefaqs you waste of life.

now i was talking to my friend yesterday. He actually said that DBZ garbage is actually better than Ravemaster. Being the kind person that i am i decided to give him the benefit of doubt. the five areas that i would to grade would be:

Style(how well is the story told? what plot devices are there? are they new?)

Originality(how many times have we seen this before? does this anime bring anything to new to the anime genre?)

Mortality(can people die? do they stay dead? does everyone in this story seem to have an even chance to kill someone?)

Characters(are their personalitys anything original? do they follow logic or impulse? What are their flaws? what are their strengths?)

Age Group(what age group is this targeted to? does this show have any maturity to it? how whored out is this series?)

Grading system: each category will be rated on a scale of 1-10 10 being best and 1 being worst

Since i dont really know much about Ravemaster im going to rate DBZ
Stlye: Every episode is told by third person. And its pretty staightforward except for the cell saga. All the plot devices are pretty boring and predictable. 4/10

Originality: for its time everything was pretty cute originally but sadly this series was quickly prone to a monotonous plot and never recovered. Episode after episode is the same if not identical. The only difference is that each one has a slight variation in plot devices which are sometimes stolen off of movies(*cough* cell saga*cough*). All in all this was good at the begining but was just dragging on in the end. 2/10

Mortality: Even if the main character dies everyone will just shrug it off and wish him back as if it was no big deal. Also this show is notorious for it being seriously underbalanced. cmon give me a break here! weirdoes teleporting left and right while shooting lasers at each other? Aliens becoming god like strong just because they do a few pushups? seriously what garbage is this!? You cant call this balanced and fair at all considering the fact that the humans can do litterally nothing to help goku. they are there because earlier existance allowed them to. they have no purpose whatsoever. 1/10

Characters: Most(if any) of the characters act on impulse only. Their only purpose in life is to fight and eat. and theres way too many flaws with the characters to list.1/10

Age Group: This was once targeted to teens but now more and more we see it aged to little 7 year olds who dont care about its repeating plot. Lets not forget all the trading cards, pillow covers, t-shirts, etc. that are still being produced even when this shows popularity is at a all time low. It might as well go to the red light district for more whoring. 1/10

now can someone please contribute to this thread? 12

big grin Ravemaster is the coolest. besides, Musica is waaayyyy hotter than Vageta!

FullMetalLover1
I love haru too!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.