The NeverEnding Story

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlackC@t
I recently just learned that one of my favourite movies was based on a book.

Has anybody read it?

What was it like?

big gay kirk
Michael Ende's masterpiece, The Neverending Story was first published in Germany in 1979, where it quickly became a favourite.... printed originally in two colours, red and green, the book mirrored the "fictional" book within the text, red showing the parts of the book dealing with Bastian Balthazar Bux and our world, the green being for the hero Atreyu and Fantasica... of course, as the book progresses, this colour scheme does become mixed up... some later editions introduced the idea of using different typefaces, but this was not well received, as it detracts from the meaning and intent of the original... the tale of Atreyu and Bastian's search for the cause of fantasicas destruction leads on to even further magical adventures befor ethe realisation of both their quests.... many parts of the book were omitted from the film, and some ideas were used in the second, but the book itself far outpasses the vision of the movies.... the book is still in print, and is a must-read for any fantasy fan.... another book by the same author which may interest you is the modern fairy tale, "Momo"

Baylin
I read it some years ago, probably must be getting on for 20 years ago and I can remember it being much better than the film!

But then I usually think books are... roll eyes (sarcastic)

BlackC@t
I should probably but it off Amazon.

Bardock42
Yes you should, I read it it is great, I liked it way more than the movies.
You should read it in german though yes

Oh yes and as BGYK said Momo is great too.

big gay kirk
BUY IT!! READ IT!!!! If it does not please you greatly, then I will give you my address and you can hit me over the head with it.....

Clovie
i've read it
very much like the movie

BlackC@t
Do the Empress and Bastian have that talk in the dark near the end in the book?

I really loved that part.

Lyra Rose
never read the books but the films are great

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.