Disney whats gone wrong?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dizzyblondegirl
what do you think disney are doing wrong in there animation and genre

Cinemaddiction
Apparently letting PIXAR go is going to kill them. Kids just don't dig hand drawn animation as much as they used to.

botankus
Do you work for them? If so, I've got a pretty good idea about how to start answering your question.

Lydia_J
Disney went downhill a long time ago cos their storylines went rubbish. I dont think they'll survive long without pixar.

angelsflame265
They stopped having good story lines.

And I don't know how many people will agree with me, but I also think part of it is that the movies stopped being musicals.

Look back on your favorite Disney movie. Is it a musical? If it is, think about the story line with out the great musical numbers. Would the movie be as great with out the songs?

dizzyblondegirl
i wish i did work for disney sadly i dont, but some of there new disney films such as home on the range and brother bear sucked
however hand drawn animation is still great it just needs a good storey line to it

dizzyblondegirl
that way disney may just come back on top

King Burger
Originally posted by angelsflame265

And I don't know how many people will agree with me, but I also think part of it is that the movies stopped being musicals.

Look back on your favorite Disney movie. Is it a musical? If it is, think about the story line with out the great musical numbers. Would the movie be as great with out the songs?

Partly agree. I think it's about the interaction between the
music, and the film.

Very often the songs in modern Disney films sound forced,
almost like they have to have a song in the film,
otherwise it wouldn't be a true Diseny cartoon. While in the
classics, the music supported the film, with the "Baby
Mine" song in "Dumbo" being a prime example; nothing
forced about this tearful masterpiece scene.

Also, if you notice with the old classics, they didn't necessarily
have famous singers singing (think "Dumbo" or "Sleeping
Beauty"wink, while today it almost always has to be soemone
famous like Phil Collins.

dizzyblondegirl
your right about that but its to gain interest besides tarzan did very well alhtough brother bear didnt not all the songs are forced they just have to fit in with the story

King Burger
True Tarzan did well, and that one main Phil Collins song was
good. But the movie was no classic, neither was that song.

And Brother Bear was never meant to be a "major" Disney
movie, like Tarzan or Alladin, but rather one of those "filler"
films, like "The Aristocats" or "The Rescuers". Just something
to put out, until they're done with the real big ones.

But I see what you're saying. I was just saying that Disney's
whole approach to songs in their animated movies has become
stilted and tired.

dizzyblondegirl
you are true in saying that disney are filling in the gaps and are using them to put somthing great on in the mean time
although tarzan is considered a classic in the use of animation.
but is it just the music thats going wrong or is it a whole lot more?

King Burger
Unfortunately, it's much more than the music that is the problem.

Here, maybe this piece from a MAD magazine parody will help
(it features Eisner talking to a revived Walt Disney):

King Burger
Here's another funny one, form the same article:

ragesRemorse
Disney lost values a long time ago. Every once and a while someone with the goal of creating entertainment will come around and create somthing hearfelt, that makes money. Disney latches onto them and eats there soul.

Mickey mouse diddnt retire, he just became child molester who likes parents money.

dizzyblondegirl
nice image

but what would you do to help disney

King Burger
First, I'd stop whoring (pardon the language) the classics
with those damned straight-to-tape/dvd "sequels" that
they've put out over the last year or two.

The I'd fire everyone, and start hiring people who care
about creativity, and not the bottom line.

"Fantasia" lost money at the box-office, but it is a
timeless master-piece.

Also, enough of those prerequisite goofy supporting
characters. One is enough (like in Dumbo or in
Pinnochio). And they should be integral to the story,
not just comic relief.

dizzyblondegirl
you make a intersting point

grade 3 ol
Disney is still the BEST!!! I just think the animation has gone to crap!!!

Compare for example the more realistic drawins of... The lion king and... snow white with the newer, styalised drawings of ...Kim possible and... the emperors new grove. I mean, I'm not bagging the new stuff or anything, I LOVE THEM! It just makes me almost want to cry over the loss of Disneys charm. It's conformed more to the sloppier drawings of say... Warner brothers! What's happened to Disney's style?

King Burger
Yes "charm" is an mportnat key word here.

It's dead and buried, and cremated too for good measure!

grade 3 ol
It's so sad sad

LandoSpeeder2
Walt Disney dies, so you figure Disney is going to die also.

chelsearammer50
Originally posted by angelsflame265

I think the songs are a very big part of the movies!! After all my top three faves are: #1. Aladdin
#2. The Little Mermaid
#3. The Lion King

They all have VERY good songs, however it's not just the songs that make them good. They have wonderful story lines. and it's not just those three either alot of them are very good even without the songs. I just hope Disney can pick them selves up soon.

b-dan
guns and alot more violence and as lawyas the hidden sex joke or swear word

SaTsuJiN
I think disney should make a studio of animators to make movies for the kids that grew up off their films.. with more involved plots and emotions between characters.. more mature stuff (in terms of emotions, and overall design of the film)

but.. hmm.. to revive the old disney they need to stop doing crappy sequels to their originals, start being a little more creative, because they obviously havent done everything there is to do yet, to be actin like they're broke and dyin'

mr.smiley
I remember when every Disney release was damn near monumental.Now they are straight to video or barely looked at in the light they used to be.

TheVapor
There are a lot of things wrong with Disney. For one as good as some of their t.v. shows are the release them TOO fast. They've released 3 new shows since January. As far as the monthly t.v. movies go i don't watch them cause i think there a waste. And i havn't seen a decent released-in-theaters movie from Disney since maybe 1996.

If only Walt was here...... than we'd have better shows and movies. sad

ragesRemorse
disney has become more of the wes craven of the family movie department. Disney finds people with good ideas, and tags their name on it. Disney is fine though. There movies are still filled with all the emotional candy, i think some people just grow up.

Darth Nauj
its mostly eisners fault because he ruined classic disney movies by making dumb ass sequels. come on there already making bambi II. I just wanna go and shoot him mad

yerssot
so which mom will die in Bambi II then?

ragesRemorse
no one's mother. "Bambi II ; one bad mother" See, Bambi goes ape shit on loggers after they start tearing down bambi's home. Bambi isnt taking this shit anymore, Bambi then conspires with iraqi black market traders and aquires automatic weapons. Thumper gets a tank and bambi's bird friends are the bombers. It is guerilla warfare at it's finest. every forest animal is packing heat. Look out for bambi II; one bad mother, coming this winter. This winter it snows blood. Happy Dance Happy Dance

MissCurlyCat
Disney has got nothing to work with, I mean their leader is DEAD! I say Disney should sell every thing to pixar, kids just don't want hand drawn cartoons anymore especially if theirs no singing.

kanis
starwars What's happening is disney is bringing too many straight to video things like the tarzan prequel and the lion king prequel and sequels, and now that pixar is on its own that means disney will have to do their CG or animated movies which won't be as good as pixar's.

dizzyblondegirl
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
I think disney should make a studio of animators to make movies for the kids that grew up off their films.. with more involved plots and emotions between characters.. more mature stuff (in terms of emotions, and overall design of the film)

but.. hmm.. to revive the old disney they need to stop doing crappy sequels to their originals, start being a little more creative, because they obviously havent done everything there is to do yet, to be actin like they're broke and dyin'
i completely agree with what you are saying and disney difinatly need to stop doing crappy sequels such as little mermaid 2

botankus
Is Disney behind that Buttcheese and Vomit movie that just hit the theaters?

Susan-Storm
No Disney is not Behind Walace and gromit if that is what you are saying. Disney is Dieing a slow painful death as CGI Destroys the foundation of what made the disney company a Popular Bussiness. When walt died it was down hill from there, after A while, disney started to die sad Sad isn't it ?

dizzyblondegirl
yeo it is sad for disney
people got rich to quickly and became greedy and started sucking the life out of disney
even the disney stores are going downhill i swear the disney teddybear pit gets smaller every year
som havent even got them anymore whats up with that
BRING BACK THE TEDDY BEAR PIT !!!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.