Death of a Playwright

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KillTheLight
Playwright Arthur Miller, the creator of The Crucible and Death of a Salesman, has died at the age of 89.
Miller died on Thursday evening, having battled with cancer, pneumonia and a heart condition.

He was one of the most significant American writers of the 20th Century, whose fame was further magnified by his short-lived marriage to Marilyn Monroe.

rip

KharmaDog
I can hear Biff weeping now.

WindDancer
I just read the news and this is sad. sad

When I was in high school I read Death of a Salesman with some schoolmates and we loved it. I love the play is quite sad to lose Miller, but his works will last for ages.

R.I.P. Arthur Miller.

KillTheLight
I agree I studied both the Crucilbe and Death of a Salesman and I thought they we're both equally great.

botankus
Living to 89 and celebrating a prominent writing career while you're doing it is quite a life.

The Inkeeper
I got to be john proctor when we did the Crucible at school, its ****ing brilliant----great allegory to Mcarthyism yes

Shame he died weep

Clovie
that's sad sad

though i thought he is already dead bag

amity75
I live 10,000 miles away from you and that's the same thing my classmates and I experienced in school. His work should be compulsory reading to all schoolkids.

WindDancer
Absolutely! I think the crucible and death of salesman are required in all english high school classes. For me it was optional to pick his book to read.

bilb
I will never understand how this guy got Marilyn Monroe to marry him...... but a great playwright nonetheless......

Silver Stardust
I read Death of a Salesman and the Crucible...brilliant.

This is really sad...

shaber
I think Willy may top himself at the news sad

amity75
Monroe wanted a father figure in life and, for a not very intelligent woman, was fascinated by intellectual minds.

shaber
he wrote view from the bridge - now that's a play.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.