Ironman vs XO Manowar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

David Duchovony
Remeber the game on Sega Saturn?

X-O MANOWAR II DATABASE p>Designate: Pol-Bekhara
COMPONENTS:
REMOTE VIEWING NODE:
Independently mobile, detachable surveillance camera.

OMNI BEAM:
Functions include force field generator, illumination, force blast, tractor beam and energy dampening field.

GAUNTLET:
Mounted 100 MGHz pulse ion cannons (port and starboard gauntlets).

ENDO-SHIELDING:
Flexible secondary metalloid casing functioning as armor's energy absorption vehicle.

GREAVES:
Leg casings and housing for armor's propulsion systems.

CARAPACE:
Silicone polymere casing, housing armor's main technological functions. The right breast plate of the carapace contains the ring compartment from which the wearer extracts the armor's control ring.

EXTERNAL VIEWING NODE:
Mounted surveillance "eye" providing full 360 degrees of peripheral vision.

HELM:
Fitted helmet equipped with retractable face plate and audio processors. Face plate also features heads up display capabilities to receive images from either remote or external viewing node.

ARMOR LAYERS:

PRIMARY SHELL:
This solid organometallic array, used in the carapace, gauntlet, and greaves, serves as a first line of defense for the wearer. The armor compound has the ability to withstand extreme temperatures and has a high degree of resiliency. Its main purpose is to house the technological and weapons systems of the X-O armor.

SECONDARY SHELL:
This flexible endo-shielding makes up the majority of the X-O armor and serves as a supporting line of defense. The silicon metalloid mesh is most functional as an energy absorption unit for the armor.

SENSORY INTERFACE NET:
This third layer, composed of silicon irons arranged in a coordination tissue array, serves as information exchange between wearer and armor. The X-O armor's limited telepathic ability is dependent on tactile contact with the wearer. This contact facilitates the armor's protection and healing functions.

ARIC OF DACIA
Chief Operating Officer of Orb Industries. In 408 A.D., Aric, one of a tribe of Visigoth warriors, was kidnapped by the spider aliens and taken aboard a mother ship where he was studied and made to work as a slave. Using a map etched into his hand by the "Map Giver", (who bore an uncanny resemblance to Elvis), Aric sought the ultimate weapon - the X-O armor - and used its power to destroy the alien ship.

Shanhara, Aric's armor, adapted to Aric and brought him safely back to a world in which many hundreds of years passed. The armor helped Aric learn English and slowly acclimated him to 20th century life. Vengeful Spider Aliens concocted a plan to destroy Shanhara and kill Aric. After poisoning Aric's water supply, the armor was slowly contaminated with compounds that weakened it. Shanhara was completely shattered in an ensuing battle. Paul Bouvier willingly sacrificed himself to become Aric's new armor, Pol-Bekhara.

CONTROL RING:
Composed of the same synthetic organosilicon compound as the armor, the control ring serves as remote contact between wearer and armor. Whoever has possession of the ring controls the armor.

And you all know what Ironman can do.

David Duchovony
Here's what he looks like.

radioboy121
I remember XO Manowar and he was a very interesting character up to the point I remember where he abandoned the suit (I stop reading after the girl took over it). It was similar to the symbiote where it wrapped around it's host, but it had a built in energy attack among other things. Aric without it was a tough cookie ("Roman dogs!"wink and could maybe be a good matchup against Kazaar, or better yet Conan. But against Iron Man, I didn't see him to do anything too impressive to say he was tough enough to defeat Iron Man's gadgetry.

David Duchovony
I'll say XO because I think his suit is cooler. And the fact he'll probably kick Ironman's ass.

Ironmanpower
Ironnman will wipe the floor with XO something.

spetznaz
XO-Manowar all the way (thanks for reminding me about him BTW. Used to have his comics, still have some of the rarer ones). In terms of hardware and power XO defeats virtually all of IronMan's armor (although i have to keep silent on the S.K.I.N armor).
The XO armor has power abilities and magnitudes typical IronMan armor doesn't have.
The only advantage Tony Stark woudld have is his mind. If he goes itno this half drunk, like usual, he may not get out of it.
Or he might get out his super-duper armor prototypes, and in the process burst his heart.

Tron
I remember Iron Man and X-O Manowar having a crossover comic and video game a few years ago, never got to actually look at either though.

David Duchovony
Shameless bump.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.