What makes a person popular?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Koorime Yume
me and my friend Tikal were just talking at lunch about this. so far we got that they dont exactly have the best grades *ah who are we kidding, they make Kuwabara seem like Einstein, at least the people in my school* and that they talk WAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY to much. let me hear your guys reasons. oh yah, im not popular and proud of it! =^.^=

Kitoky
Does this really involve anime? ^-^;;

Koorime Yume
naw, i was just bored and felt like putting this up.

SumWatTwisted
They have* to be good looking.
And most of them have money.

CaPtaInCLaUdiA
mostly its having good looks.

i slayed buffy
not really, not boasting but i am in my years(grades) popular group and its mostly about being your self and the looks come in there somewere but not all the time most of the girls in our group arnt that pretty

spookey
well i think good looks do help but its the personality of the person you may look like a supermodel but when u open your mouth you might be a right cow!!!.............plus to be a hit i htink u have to be open and sometimes a bit flirting

leatherface12
^ thats me. Im ugly but I have a good personality.

i slayed buffy
lol good 4 u

spookey
yes but robbie are u popular..............and i said a bit flirty not 'come and get me guys' flirty...i mean theres nice but then there is tarty

leatherface12
Robbie! My name is Robert and now everybodys gonna know my real name. Im gonna get you spookey. mad stick out tongue

leatherface12
I know. big grin

spookey
yes but a cute guy like you should go by robbie........hey every one my names CaseyLeigh......hahah robbie come and get me

leatherface12
* chases after spookey with a fish *

i slayed buffy
i agree and all these peps r like omg i wish i was popular but its really hard you just be yourself but then theres always the bitches

spookey
yes you must be yourself you act like a tart you get labled a tart

leatherface12
I act on the computer just as I act with my freinds.

i slayed buffy
wow so do i what a coincerdence but wen i wiv my m8s i a bit louder and randomer

i slayed buffy
yees but i cant reveal the secrets of our kind can i

BackFire
Generally to be popular you have to be shallow and actually care about trivial things such as popularity. Or if you're a girl, be extremely easy and/or hot.

Evy_O
Hmm, I disagree, BF erm
I am quite popular without even TRYING to become that, like I give a f*ck weather I am or not stick out tongue and I don't think I'm shallow (nor easy roll eyes (sarcastic) and I DO have high grades happy )
Most popular people (NOT all though) are rich, social, smoking and have "earned" their way to the popular group by a) sucking up to the populars b) dressing with expensive clothes, generally have what's considered to be trendy c) (for girls) being pick-ups...

However, that's not true for every popular person, and it's unfair to generalize. confused
And yeah, they don't have high grades, most are complete idiots stick out tongue

whatshisface
i was popular when i was in high school. but then i was member of the dance group and the student supreme council. people are just drawn to me, i guess. but that was high school. teenagers tend to have fickle minds (it's not their fault, it's the hormones).

Linkalicious
BackFire, you swing a pretty big hammer, because you hit that nail right on the head.

Well atleast it's true like this is in Hungington Beach...shallowness capital of the world...

Fëanor
debonair good looks...a dashing smile...a cocky walk...one eyebrow up...a cocktail in one hand a ciggy in the other...and hey...dance like Tony Manero...

*Dance fever dance fever...you know how to show it...*

embarrasment ...sorry

*leaves*

BackFire
Well you're the exception then. The generalization I made is very true more often then not.

Oh and Link, you live in HB too huh? See he know's what I'm talking about.

lil bitchiness
Popularity? Pfffft, its glory's small change!

Kenji34
I think that what makes a person popular is that they have to be nice, they have to really be able to get along with everyone else. I do not think that you have to be good looking or have a lot of money to be popular. People who usually do have a lot of money are stuck up and they think that they are popular, the people who have true friends and not just friends that hang out with them because they are cool are popular.

Koorime Yume
@.@ geez, where have i been! i didnt know so many people were interested in the matter.sweatdrop Anyways, it all your own opinions. i know not all bitches, some talk to me about stuff. i get lots people coming around to look at my pics. but some a real bitches. as to all the popular people who arent, sorry, and continue doing what your doing!

what i really cant stand is all this bout looks. people who dress like in the magazines act like there all that. then they treat others like dirt. makes we wana...well, lets just say id get life in prison without paroleevil face who needs them anyways, im fine with my friends

Linkalicious
well lets bring it back to High school here. Which school has shallower girls. Edison or Huntington. It's a tough call, each year they have their shinning....errr....whinning stars!

Koorime Yume
noooo idea what schools your talkin bout

Linkalicious
i was talking to BackFire...he lives in the same city as me.

DeNiro
i think u know ur popular when ur in a group of sports guys and cheerleaders / people that get noticed by the enitre school. and also being in a group that wont let ne one else in if ur not cool they dont talk to ne other kid if they do they usally make fun of them. i know thats bad but thats what life is like and dont start biting my head off because of this post it is just what i think popular is.

Koorime Yume
im not gona bite anyones head off. fun to see what other people think...sometimes..evil face

pharmacist
Around here popularity is whoever can stick thier nose highest in the air without drowning when the rain comes...if you've never heard of that expression just ingore my comment and move on. smile

Linkalicious
never heard that comment but i like it.

Kaleanae
Popular
Popular people don't have a "great personality"?

Oh, and I like your comment Pharmacist yes

pharmacist
thanks linkalicious. smile

Koorime Yume
ha, i like that!big grin i bet that really is what they do.

silver_tears
I guess I can be called popular, but I don't try.
I'm smart and don't really care too muhc about looks. I don't care what others say or do, I live my life the way I see fit, not like others see theirs fit.

Popularity is what you make of it.

iluvpippin
nah, it mainly is the looks...(im in tha pop group... an well) ok what happens is 2 ppl who r pretty get together, then they like talk to ppl who they think look or sound cool and then the group gets bigger and sometimes meaner! sad but not me!

§pearhead
Popularity is people liking you. So you do things that people like. Like being nice. That usually works! smart

silver_tears
Not me pippinerm
I'm not bragging but I know almost everyone in my grade, but I only hang out with certain people, I may be a bit more advantaged then others, but I don't have my own ferrari. I don't smoke either, or do drugs.
I play sports though and make friends through that, and my after school clubs.

Dogbert
The easy way to become popular around here is to be:
a)Good looking
b)A party animal

roll eyes (sarcastic)

silver_tears
You are all prejudiced, although being a party animal is fun happy

Koorime Yume
i dont really think being nice is a popularity thing. no offense, im sure some people are, it just seems like the majority act like snobs and *****'s

silver_tears
mad i resent that

Dogbert
You would fit in nicely here wink

§pearhead
Really.

Of course, everyone loves a good jackass, am I right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dogbert
Plenty of those big grin

silver_tears
Are you calling me a jackass What the f**k?
And I am visiting New York, so no worries shifty

§pearhead
No sil, I'm not calling you a jackass. I'm simply pointing out the absurdity of what Koorime said. Christ...

Orlando Bloom03
I've had thrre guys like me just for my looks(On KMC)

silver_tears
well then your personality must be shit What the f**k?
people like or don't like me, I get over it cool

Orlando Bloom03
Thanx........

§pearhead
Most people don't like me sad thats why im such a cynic happy

Orlando Bloom03

silver_tears
I couldn't care much, why does it affect so many people?
Why do people wanna be popular to begin with?

§pearhead
cuz being popular gives them attention erm

Dogbert
Attention is overrated...

silver_tears
Yet so many people want it stick out tongue

Dogbert
I don't know why... I hate when I am the center of attention, but sometims I can't help myself

§pearhead
I'd much rather hide in the corner lookaround

silver_tears
roll eyes (sarcastic) thats not good either

§pearhead
but no one will see me there ninja

silver_tears
*pushes spear into spotlight* cool

Dogbert

§pearhead
Um...embarrasment *starts singing the national anthem*

silver_tears
*Throws roses and candy* love

§pearhead
o canada! my home and native land!
true patriot love in all thy sons command! stick out tongue

messed dont ask how i know that

silver_tears
that's not your anthem eek!

§pearhead
thats cuz the US one is a drinking song stick out tongue

silver_tears
well I like ours love

§pearhead
I like yours better to...its an actual song! You cant sing the star spangled banner, its more said than sung sad

Dogbert

§pearhead
death death to america!

silver_tears
Do you do the pledge of allegiance every morning What the f**k?

§pearhead
Um. It is a choice given to us. I neglect to carry it out. I stand up when its being said, and thats it.

I want to move out of the US ASAP.

Dogbert
I think that is is a requirement for me.... messed

silver_tears
I see happy
well then good luck What the f**k?

Evy_O
Uhh... I *have* to say that... some people might be offended embarrasment
IMO many people bash the "popular group" out of jealousy

Or I can just shut up now shutup

I'm not saying everybody does it, but many people would WANT to be popular... even though most of the times it doesn't worth it. And when they make it, they see it's nothing important after all.
For me, popular people are smart people smart I don't really care about all these I-am-pretty-and-I-know-it-that-is-why-I-am-always-dressed-with-expensive-clothes guys... Even though, as said, I kinda know everybody in my school without ever having tried smokin'

Also, if you are popular in highschool that is not, by ANY means, what you're going to be after that, in life. Things change. Dumb people don't "survive" for long yes

iluvpippin
thats true in yr 8 i was so bitchy, then i realised how mean it is so i stopped! most pop ppl r bitchy tho!

iluvpippin
being popular isnt even that good! i wear a headband EVERY DAY! (ive got 4 diff ones but i wanna get a black one) and now headbands are coming in fashion, ive got a black and white belt that saids iloveboys all over it, and now ive seen at least 20 ppl at out school who have it, i got a pink and white checked roxy wallet, now every1 has it, i started paul frank fashion at our school, i started wearing flared jeans, now everyone does! i started taking my discman to school everyday and now every 1 in our yr does it! seriously i h8 it! ever1 copies me! it sux! sad

i slayed buffy
its hard. guys always like me for what i look like b4 they even know me. i just got asked out by this hot as kool nice guy but i dont no if he likes me for me or me for my looks.

i slayed buffy
i have to admit i can be a real ***** if i want to be but thats only to people that r bitches to me so it just goes around.

Evy_O
IMHO, it's kind of ungrateful to complain about people copying you, or boys liking you cause you look good roll eyes (sarcastic)
There are much more worse problems in this life... Just try and at least be a tiny bit of modest and grateful of whatever you have/don't have big grin

Aaaand, I Slayed Buffy> When you first go out with a guy, it's normal for him to go for looks What the f**k? He doesn't know your personality yet stick out tongue

iluvpippin
um i know, im just saying...but seriously im one of those ppl who r like no poverty and all! every day at least once ill just go quiet because ill realise that some1 died and other ppl in the world are crying their eyes out while im making jokes...it makes me feel bad. sad

i slayed buffy
omg so true!!!

Evy_O
But of course, I did not mean any harm smile
And it does get annoying if people copy you erm BTW I don't like Paul Frank eek! You have to pay a LOT for just a simple T-Shirt with a logo!

iluvpippin
i know...i feel so bad, i can just picture a family crying their eyes out! (cant memba what i was gonna say!) oh yeah and when i see homeless ppl on tha streets i give m all my money...really i am a nice person caus of what happened to me in my past.

iluvpippin
yeah thats so annoying! i got some playboy slippaz for only $30! how good is that (for playboy)

i slayed buffy
when i c old ppl i almost burst into tears coz they look like ther just gona drop dead and old ppl r just so nice!! i was balling my eyes out the utha day coz me and my bestie had a fight but its al beta now but we not besties ne more

i slayed buffy
paul frank is kool and roxy and dickies and GUCCI SND LOUIS VUITTON!!! specially bags. i love bags!!

iluvpippin
me too! i got a new roxy bag, its white and its got rox written all ova it! any1 ceen it?

i slayed buffy
i mite hav i duno wer in oz u liv?

Fire
in general that is being popular in High School, still ppl who want to be popular need to grow up and start thinking for themselves

cause imo what BF forgot to say is that there is usualy a popular groups leader and well he or she decides the opinion for most of the group, dont you dare utter another opinion.

I say LONG LIVE the geeks, the nerds, the ppl who were not popular usualy they are the really beautiful ppl anywayz

i slayed buffy
yeah in my group there isnt a leader we all the leader

Tired Hiker
See, here's what you humans don't understand. Popularity all depends on how connected you are to the original alien species that landed here centuries ago. The most popular people in the world are the closest related to these alien species.

Fire
well TH in high-school, in belgium, being popular is all about money, looks, attitudel, music-styles and so forth

basicaly if you aren't like veryone else forget it to ever become popular WHIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Tired Hiker
Oh, sorry fire, I edited my answer again before I knew you posted. erm

Fire
np mate smile nice comment tho

Tired Hiker
Yeah, I know what you mean. That's pretty much the case where I went to school, at Gunderson High School. Home of the Grizzlies. Grrrr!

i slayed buffy
wel at my skool u just are or arnt thats how it is

iluvpippin
wa

silver_tears
Being popular kinda means your always in the spotlight, like people watch what you do and everything, not always a good thing erm

BackFire
The bottom line is this. Popularity is a refuge for the weak and for those without true confidence.

Fire
maybe BF

Dogbert
Not all people try to be popular; it just happens because they are nice or smart. I am 'popular' (not on KMC anyway) because I am a nice preson; not because I am good looking or rich.

Michael Myers 1
i hate posers theres no "popular" kids at our school..we got our own groups...but there are nerds yes alot

BackFire
Obviously my statement was aimed at those who care about being popular and actually try being popular.

Evy_O
OMG some people try TOO much laughing out loud

SK88728
-Looks
-Fashion
-Body Structior
-Outgoing
and i think of a lot more, but thouse are the basics

carlye
well im with dogbert, im popular, not the most popular but im good friends with all the populars, and im very nice to most ppls, at my skool the pops are really nice and dont have alot of money, and they are pretty nice to all of the other ppl,( its the other ppls that get the attitude with us, like they are better than us) man i hate that attitude, dont u???

steely balls
i'm popular sort of popular, but if you want to be popular you gotta have hottness.

cermiestar
well i like being dorky!

yerssot
*hugs cermie*
sure you like that

to me, you have the popular-groups, groups-influenced by said groups, un-popular-groups and groups influenced by those

I'm just glad I wasn't in the "popular"-group in highschool
that would have ment that I would be as retarded as a guy piggybackriding a lion with his body stuck in the animals mouth
oh... and being vain and thinking you're pretty while you need tons of make-up to actually LOOK presentable

steely balls
i hate cliques, they annoy the hell out of me, their are alot of potheads at my school that are "popular" but thats stupid because their losers

silver_tears
mad that last comment is untrue

yerssot
I said "in highschool" as in "my highschool"

wuTa
i never looked at popoluarity...i just be me coz if yor popular or not theres always gonna be people who dont like u no matter what

silver_tears
you better mad

yerssot
because ... ?

wuTa
alright i'm lost

silver_tears
I dont use tons of make up to look semi presentable sad

yerssot
I didn't say tons of make up to look SEMI presentable,
I said tons of make up to look presentable stick out tongue

silver_tears
even so miffed

yerssot
last time I checked you didn't go to my highschool stick out tongue

Linkalicious
Shut up Silv! You're hot and you know it!

yerssot
as she said already wink

Baylin
What makes me popular? My bank balance!!!! big grin

Oh and being hung like a donky doesnt seem to go against me either.... big grin

Linkalicious
that reminds me of this weekend Baylin...

I'm at this older persons single bar...like 30-50 year olds. And i walk by this one group of 3 girls and they say "awww....how cute, mommy must have dropped them off"

So i turn to her and say "excuse me...i know you have a hard time accepting the fact that you're almost 40 and you scrounge for minimum wage, but until the combined income of all 3 of you ladies comes close to mine....how about we keep out comments to ourselves"

So an hour later she approaches me and wants to talk about careers and crap...i told her "b!tches aren't my type" and she walked away.

moral of the story: Don't talk crap to rich people...it pisses them off! laughing

wuTa
must be nice being rich

punkyhermy
i HATE the word poularity.at least at school it isn't even used in it's right context.at school "poular"is someone who is a *****,who doesn't give,whoses nose is higher than the worl trade center.who has friends who are all back stabbers,with fake smiles plastered across their faces.no one likes this "poular" group,except maybe themselves.and yet these sort of people are considered "popular" for God knows why!!!!
I have met a person i would describe as popular.she was an amazing persona nd i'd proudly say she's one of my role models.She knew everyone and everyone knew and liked her.she liked and smilked at ppl genuinely.if she didn't like soemone,she'd never pretend but simply stay out of their way.yes she did wear the neicest clothes but they would be complete with shoes with which she could actually walk!!!

wuTa
whoooo......someone needs decaf

SlayerChick1188
Eh, so-called "popularity" is overrated. The VAST majority of popular people at my school are complete dumbasses. I'd rather be a loser and be interesting than be popular and and idiot...

Also, i think we use popular to describe the people who think they are, cause honestly, most people at my school HATE the popular kids!

And if you wanted to get technical, I'm a really popular person... with my friends! It all depends what you mean by the word...

MCElite
I thought popular meant having lots of friends - at myschool theyre are two groups of populars -the druggies hu are really rich and sleep around everynight and the clever people hu arnt obsessed with school and now how to chill nd have a gd time, anyone hu wants can hang with them and theyr nice to everyone ... i kind of belong in that group just because everyones friends with everyone else ..... i never veiwed myself as popular before mainly cos i was gettin bullied by sed druggies but this year like three different people have told me they want to be like me cos i m popular this is really scary and i never now wot to say to them ...

silver_tears
I have alot of friends, I have money, and I don't do drugs, drink only socially, and not alot. I don't go around with my nose up in the air thinking I'm better than everyone else. I'm not a senior yet, so I don't rule the school with my friends. I have friends who I can trust, and that's plenty for me, I don't need to be looked at like a ***** just cuz I have alot of friends.

§pearhead
I...don't do drugs, nor do I drink on regular occasions (down to nothin at this point). I'm acquaintances with almost every person in my grade, and good friends with a good 10% of them. I try to avoid the potheads, and I'm not gonna pretend I'm the most popular, but I DO have a lot of friends erm

steely balls
popuarity isn't always a bad thing, people at my school are popular either because their funny or nice.

i slayed buffy
same

SlayerChick1188
Popular- adj. Liked by acquaintances; sought after for company

Popularity should be defined by if you are well liked by your friends, not by whether you do the most drugs or drink the most alcohol...

yerssot
I don't have money, I drink, I'm past the senior-thingie of school, I don't have friends, ... hmm...are you implying something here? mad

ash007
i think its the way people see you.

i mean i am a sportman so i was made popular becuase of that.

i would say most people at school knew me but i only had a group of mates who knew mw really well and in this group there were clever, beautifull, sporty people.

Also i went to a Priviate school where the clever ones were more respected then the sports ones

silver_tears
you know I wuv you stick out tongue

yerssot
you think I'm terrible sad

silver_tears
no, not at all no

yerssot
what's the male variant of biatch?

silver_tears
bastard confused

yerssot
you implied I was one, you meanie! *hugs*