Wolverine Or Spiderman In Gotham

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Max Spidey 24
Could Wolverine Or Spiderman Handle Gotham.

Bad Guys They Would end up Fighting

Joker/Harley Quin
ClayFace
Mad Hatter
Two Face
Cat Woman
Bane
The Riddler
Poisin Ivy
Peguin
ScarFace
Killer Crock

moises
Spiderman would be plrobaly able to take on the ,Harley Quin
Two Face,Poisin Ivy ,Peguin and ScarFace

AND LEAVE THE REST TO

Wolverine

Scoobless
spidey could handle all of them as he's pretty resourceful, wolverine could take most...... and they wouldn't be repeat villains after he got through with them, but i don't know if he could take clay face..... it'd be like fighting sandman (as far as i know) and woly may not be able to kick his ass

moises
I agree the whole thing about wolvorine

BUB

Max Spidey 24
I dont know about The them taking out the joker(he aint stupid)

Beyonder
He ain't, but Logan's going to gut him rather reason with him.

moises
thats true but batman always lets him go to the police once hes done beating him

WOLVORINE WONT, HE WILL KILL THAT CRAZY CLOWN

spetznaz
Spiderman could once he got to know about them. Wolverine would be able to take down the more physical villains, but the Joker (an intellectual) and Clayface (amorphous) would be too much for Wolvie to handle (since he is the slicing equivalent of the Hulk at times).
Peter Parker on the other hand is smart. He'd be smart enough to know that you do not attack Clayface directly for example, and he would not underestimate a smiling clown.
Wolvie would.

Scoobless
if wolvy ever got into the same room as the joker i don't think he'd let him leave in one piece

srankmissingnin
I think you under estimate Logan's intelligence here, its not like he is the Scorpion or anything. The only time intelligence has a substantial effect on a battle is when you are as dumb as a mud puddle and since Logan isn't the Joker would be screwed.

Scoobless
exactly, and being ultra smart doesn't do you much good when your intestines are decorating the carpet

theflyxx
Really interesting thread topic. I'd definitely like to see how Wolverine or Spidey would clean up Gotham.

I really don't think either of them would have any trouble in Gotham whatsoever.

Swanky-Tuna
Is it the Joker's style to get into a hand to hand fight?

Scoobless
would the joker have a choice about getting into a fight if wolverine was tracking him though?

Swanky-Tuna
Depends on how much sucess Batman has had tracking him.

Scoobless
not really, wolverine can track purely through scent which can be much more efficient than anything batman can come up with

Swanky-Tuna
More efficient than knowing and battling the person for decades?

Scoobless
it is if you don't know where they are but have found where the have been

Max Spidey 24
they take down
Mad Hatter
Two Face
Cat Woman
The Riddler
Poisin Ivy
Peguin
ScarFace
they loose too
Killer Crock
Clayface
The Joker
and Bane

srankmissingnin
How do they lose to Killer Crock? Seriously that has to be one the dumbest thing I've ever heard... right behind Wolverine and Spiderman losing to Bane actually.

Max Spidey 24
I guess your right about killer crock but not bane because seriously spiderman would get crushed by bane or if wolverine fights him wolverine will get his Kneck broken

Swanky-Tuna
Wouldn't Spiderman just web the venom tubes? It's such a cliche that even comic book characters should know to do that.

Scoobless
why does no-one have a problem with them losing to joker though? he aint that tough after dealing with the kingpin and norman osbourn for years and joker isn't as psycho crazy as carnage either

Scoobless
spider man would kick the crap out of bane and wolverine would kill him

srankmissingnin
I think that it is conceivable that Joker could beat them with some crazy plan so it isn't as bad as someone saying Killer Croc or Bane would win... but it is close.

Max Spidey 24
The Joker Invented Phyco. Carnage is no where near as crazy as the joker,maybe you think hes crazier because he got powers but i bet if the symbiote joins with the joker then you will see crazy.Joker killed more people than carnage in his life time and the joker probaly killed them with a whoppie cusion

Tron
Max is right. Joker set the standard for psychotic murderer in comics. The difference between him and Carnage in that area though is that Joker's smarter and craftier. Being human, he has to be, especially against someone like Batman.

Scoobless
ok, fine the jokers a loon........ but how many degrees of "psycho" are there? you gotta admit cassidy aint playin' with a full deck...... and that was before the symbiote, the point was originally made to show that crazy isn't new to MU heroes

StrawNilla
Once Spidey saw Joker's carelessness with human lives and the joy he gets in taking them away, Spidey's berserker rage will rise to white-hot levels and you know what that means, he might put the guy on life support for the rest of his life and that's excluding the possibility that he doesn't just outright kill him.

Out of the villains on that list I'd say that the only one that could give Spidey a remotely good battle would be Clayface. The rest are out.

Wolvie would claw them up into tiny meat chunks and think nothing else of it.

Scoobless
i tried to find a decent bio on bane for a description of his strength level and the best i got was peak human + as in if you were to say batman and cap were level 10 (not a reference to ton, just a control number) then bane would be around 13........... does this sound right?

Scoobless
damn, i liked this thread........ it died quite quickly....... any more?

Daddy Reddss
These villians are right up Spiderman's and Wolverine's alley.

They beat them all but there will be some very interesting stories and rivalries for sure.

Linkalicious
Bane is strong enough to get pissed off and pick up a car, it's not an easy task for him, but he's capable of juicing up and lifting a car over his head to throw it.

Spidey is stronger with one hand.

Spidey could beat any of those villains. Wolverine could beat any one of them, with the possible acception to clay face.

Joker is capable of out smarting Wolverine or trapping him in one of his wacky circus-esque traps....but I don't see what he's going to do to actually kill Wolvie.

Scoobless
i don't see how Clayface will give Spidey a harder time than either Hydroman or Sandman does....... not saying he ever beats them too easily, but he knows how to fight guys he can't just punch out

Max Spidey 24
Spiderman Probaly will survive Bane since Batman did. Spidey strength will rip bane up. I did research and bane aint that strong. Well Spidey survives and wolverine gets killed with a rubber chicken by the joker.

shaolin9976
This is bad writing...there is no way Wolverine or Spider-Man on their own would lose to Killer Croc!

Max Spidey 24
Maybe not Spidey but wolverine growling and spitting will fight for his life with Killer Croc well the strong one, now adays hes an retart.

shaolin9976
Killer Croc will go down and probably die too...just because Wolverine doesn't like him.

Superherovandal
THe New Clayface can take the powers of anyone he transforms into. That definitely will cause problems for both of them.

LordFear
I wanna say that Joker will send SM into early retirement or an aylum.
This is a level of insanity that SM is not used to. If you notice Joker always makes Bats decide on whether to catch him or let thousands die. Fortunately Bats being the genius he is always comes prepared which is another reason why I think Bats is always prep for anything mostly cuz of fighting Joker all the time. Spidey will probably not recover from letting people die because he would never expect Joker to be so deranged. After most likely killing Joker, Parker wouldn't be able to get pass the self loathing and guilt.
Logan doesn't stand a chance against Joker.

jrodslam
Originally posted by LordFear
I wanna say that Joker will send SM into early retirement or an aylum.
This is a level of insanity that SM is not used to. If you notice Joker always makes Bats decide on whether to catch him or let thousands die. Fortunately Bats being the genius he is always comes prepared which is another reason why I think Bats is always prep for anything mostly cuz of fighting Joker all the time. Spidey will probably not recover from letting people die because he would never expect Joker to be so deranged. After most likely killing Joker, Parker wouldn't be able to get pass the self loathing and guilt.
Logan doesn't stand a chance against Joker.

Agreed. Joker IS the defenition of "Villain"

shaolin9976
Joker will get cut in half by Wolverine just because Wolverine don't give a rat's &^*( about other people!

LordFear
Another question is that are Logan and Parker smart enough to unlock the Mad Hatters plans and Riddler's riddles?

Max Spidey 24
The Joker is sicker than Carnage in sickness and Carnage got the symbiote. The Joker will Make wolverine laugh to death, in a second if they just met on the street and wolverine charges like a mainiac. But Spiderman Has Spider Sense so that could help.

shaolin9976
Let's not forget that Spidey has a genius or gifted level intelligence..so I wouldn't count him out against the Riddler. It would be a quick fight.

jrodslam
Spider and Wolverine probably wouldnt even get pass Scarecrow's gas. Dont drink the water!!!

Once Logan gets a whiff of that, hes done for. Same for Parker.

shaolin9976
Are you kidding me? None of these freaks from Gotham can surprise Spidey...Remember he deals with serial killers and manipulative millionaire bastards as well in New York...It won't be new to him...Plus Scarecrow (DC VERSION) is weaker than Scarecrow (MARVEL) that Spidey faced!

LordFear
I have read a story where Joker was walking down the street and some guy bumped him cuz he just got fired and was mumbling to himself on what he was gonna tell his wife. So Joker picks the guy's pocket, get's his info, tracks the guys down and tortures him to death.
When Harley asks him why?Joker says"He got the makeup on my face all smeared" Harley says "but you don't wear makup" Joker says" Oh yeah, what do you know, Oh well" and laughs maniacally.
That's insanely depraved dudes!!!Wicked

Max Spidey 24
Lol Wolverine Got enough problems with his weapon xpast aso if scare crow throws that thing at Wolverine, wolverine will be scared out of his minddddddd.

LordFear
Scarecrow, Mad Hatter and Riddler are guys who lack muscle but makes up in brain power. SM had chemistry, in the lab smarts, not this level of smarts to handle these guys individually or worst if they teamed up.

jrodslam
Originally posted by shaolin9976
Are you kidding me? None of these freaks from Gotham can surprise Spidey...Remember he deals with serial killers and manipulative millionaire bastards as well in New York...It won't be new to him...Plus Scarecrow (DC VERSION) is weaker than Scarecrow (MARVEL) that Spidey faced!

What! I know you just didnt bring up strength in saying Marvel's Scarecrow is better than DC's.

DC's scarcrow is a better hand to hand combatant than Marvels. Croc, Freeze, Bane, are all stronger than Batman, but he still beats them due to better fighting ability wth the combination of brains.

DC's Scarecrow is better than Marvel's. Better fighter, and smarter.

shaolin9976
Wolverine doesn't have time to get scared!

Max Spidey 24
So why he always freaking out with out gass. Weapon X stuff.

shaolin9976
It's all part of his strategy!

jrodslam
Originally posted by shaolin9976
It's all part of his strategy!

laughing laughing laughing

Max Spidey 24
lol good job

brainchild81
Originally posted by StrawNilla
Once Spidey saw Joker's carelessness with human lives and the joy he gets in taking them away, Spidey's berserker rage will rise to white-hot levels and you know what that means, he might put the guy on life support for the rest of his life and that's excluding the possibility that he doesn't just outright kill him.

Out of the villains on that list I'd say that the only one that could give Spidey a remotely good battle would be Clayface. The rest are out.

Wolvie would claw them up into tiny meat chunks and think nothing else of it. Ditto. Clayface is the only problem

Max Spidey 24
I say ClayFace Bane And The joker. More of a problem for owolverine

xmarksthespot
I'd say Spidey can figure out how to take them all out. Wolverine has trouble with Clayface and Joker.

Batman Wins
If Batman was in there, he could of taken Spidey out

CorderaMitchell
hell no!

Max Spidey 24
Agreed

TwisterGameX
Clayface kills them both. Bane vs Wolverine, would be kool.

Sparkz
Can't see any of these guys giving either heros any trouble, cept clayface, sure you say scarecrow can use gas to freak em out etc, but Spider-man and wolvy have a hell of alot of will power to over power that kind of thing, Riddler can try and outsmart em, wolvy would hack him into little peices and post him to batman, and spider-man would probaly get around the problem as he always does, as for joker, sure you say he's crazy and he can freak out spider-man, but before u say anything spidey has the green goblin, and before you say anything about that, GG has attacked peter with things much closer to home than lots of ppl dieing, such as the clones, gwen stacy, brain washing him into his heir sending an entire city after him.and he has gotten past all of these things, and all the joker will do is something to affect spider-man only not Peter parker, so in theory it wont be as effective, and wolvy wont care and prob just go in for the kill.

So as you can see not much challenge, well ok wolvy may have a little challenge with killer crok but Spidey won't.

willRules
I agree with most people on this Thread, Wolvie or Spidey can take all of them with the exception of Clayface. Wolvie who isn't the brightest Lamp in the street would probably lose. Spidey's intelligence plus the fact he has fought and beat sandman before may help him beat clayface...........

Sparkz
Originally posted by willRules
I agree with most people on this Thread, Wolvie or Spidey can take all of them with the exception of Clayface. Wolvie who isn't the brightest Lamp in the street would probably lose. Spidey's intelligence plus the fact he has fought and beat sandman before may help him beat clayface...........

Is clayface weak gainst electricty? Iv seen him beaten by it somewhere not sure, if so Spidey will prob work that out and beat him with that knowledge.

TwisterGameX
isn't that cheating....why don't Spidey get a nuke then.

brainchild81
Originally posted by Max Spidey 24
I say ClayFace Bane And The joker. More of a problem for owolverine Bane would end up KOed and webbed to a lampost by Spidey after Spidey hits him on the head w/a mailbox. Wolvie'd gut Bane like a fish w/no problem @ all. Wolvie'd sniff the Joker out, kill all his goons and then kill him. "Ya got no problem offin' people bub, only thing we got in common". Joker might finally take enough lives to push Spidey over the edge. Then Spidey'd put his fist through Joker's head(See Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight for an example of what this'd look like). Clayface is the only problem

Metalmanx
I would LOVE to hear how Wolverine defeats Clayface.

Spiderman has a much better chance (waterproof, hardening webbing).

Basically what I'm saying, is that Spidey would take care of Gotham much easier.

wolverine8888
I love how u all act as wolverine is retarded. he far from it actauly he quite smart. he knows more languages then probly any other hero. he went to school he has over 100 years is experince in life. so stop acting as if he a retard.

peejayd
Originally posted by wolverine8888
I love how u all act as wolverine is retarded. he far from it actauly he quite smart. he knows more languages then probly any other hero. he went to school he has over 100 years is experince in life. so stop acting as if he a retard.

* isn't he? he goes berserk, doesn't he? it figures, Logan really is fit in Gotham...

wolverine8888
goes berserker does not mean ur are stupid at all actauly beserker means that u are goign in to a state of mind were ever part of ur body is workign at it fullest and ur mind has a singular purpose of just killing making u perfect killing machine. wolverine necause he knows so many styles of fighting it makes him almost unstopable becuase all he thinking about it the perfect way to kill his foe. also he tactics he can think up far faster too well in beserker

Metalmanx
Hey, wolverine888. Question.

How do you propose Wolverine defeats Clayface?

Seriously. Create a scenario (a genuine, truthful one, please) describing how Wolverine could beat Clayface.

wolverine8888
I neevr said he could beat clay face I just said to stop actaing as if joker can easly out smart wolverine. any ways I no nuthign about clay face I hardly ever read batman comic books. so I have no idea what his powers are. also it wolverine8888 not three 8's it with four. I hate number 3 so please try and right it correctly next time.

Wickerman
right it correctly next time.

Oh the endless irony roll eyes (sarcastic)

~wickerman~

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Wickerman
Oh the endless irony roll eyes (sarcastic)

~wickerman~

I'm glad you said it and not me, Wickerman. laughing

Metalmanx
And Joker would kill the hell out of Wolverine. Joker sometimes outsmarts Batman.

Wolverine doesn't stand a chance of outsmarting Joker.

wolverine8888
first off no joker would not diffrence is mazes and shit will not work vs wolverine at all he just smell him out. second I know im one with all the spellign issue I said but I honestly hate the number three pisses me off when some one right 888 instead of 8888 I have no idea why lol

brainchild81
Originally posted by Metalmanx
And Joker would kill the hell out of Wolverine. Joker sometimes outsmarts Batman.
Doubtful. Wolverine isn't the easiest person to kill. He'd find Joker and take him out very quickly.

Orestes
The Riddler is in for a really ugly surprise the first time he tries to do one of his stupid riddles and Wolverine simply tracks him down by scent, ignoring the riddle entirely, and kills him.

I agree that Joker with prep could very well end up trapping Logan, though, and for those wondering how he'd kill him? Well, there're a number of possibilities. For one, drowning would work. You can't heal that. I suspect a continuous high-voltage current would do it. Or he might just gas Logan so that he laughs himself to death (suffocation).

But that's with one-sided prep, and it assumes Logan fails to escape. A likelier scenario is a very dead Joker.

Initially I was going to say that I didn't think Spider-Man would have much trouble with Joker at all, but you know what? I'm not so sure. Wolverine is ruthless and would very possibly simply kill the clown on first contact, sort of like what Punisher would do. But Spider-Man is more likely to screw around a little, and he's not going to be going balls to the wall and trying to kill Joker. That could leave an exploitable opening.

But anyway ... obviously Clayface would give Wolverine fits, but like most others, I think Spider-Man could probably eventually beat him. Killer Croc is screwed against either of them. Ditto for Bane.

Scarecrow could pull off some real surprises ... again, with prep. Ditto for Hatter.

Two-Face, not so much.

Catwoman beats them both. Because I said so; that's why. big grin

And with Joker dead, Harley turns to Ivy for uh ... support. big grin

Creshosk
Clayface will be the only problem for either of them. If given prep time however Spiderman wouldn't have problems with any of the villians.

"How many people have I murdered by letting him live" Is not something that Wolverine would be thinking after an encounter.

"Fear" doesn't work very well on Wolverine, MU opponents have tried to induce psychological fear. And it didn't work. . .

Sparkz
Originally posted by TwisterGameX

Wouldnt that mean that batman cheats everytime he fights him, come on your not suggestiing Batman beats up clayface with his fists are you, and if he can well spidey should have no problem.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Sparkz
Wouldnt that mean that batman cheats everytime he fights him, come on your not suggestiing Batman beats up clayface with his fists are you, and if he can well spidey should have no problem. It's just a KMCCV rule thing.

Sparkz
Originally posted by Creshosk
It's just a KMCCV rule thing.
KMCCV?

Creshosk
KMCCV? remove one of the Cs. . .

Killer Movies Comics Versus.

willRules
Originally posted by TwisterGameX

thats not what im getting at, wolverine could use enviromental factors to help him as well, i just don't think he would realise it due to the fact he isnt as intelligent as spider-man..........

wolverine8888
actauly wolverine is very good at using his terrain as a advantage

black robb
Originally posted by willRules
I agree with most people on this Thread, Wolvie or Spidey can take all of them with the exception of Clayface. Wolvie who isn't the brightest Lamp in the street would probably lose. Spidey's intelligence plus the fact he has fought and beat sandman before may help him beat clayface........... He's created different web fluids so after an initial battle he could come back with some sort of acid but Wolvie would just die so easily

black robb
actauly wolverine is very good at using his terrain as a advantage not as well as Spidey though(especially since his powers accomodate using his environment)

wolverine8888
last tiem i check doesent spiderman now able to just shoot webs with out any fluid dident he evolve to a piont were his body makes webs

Sparkz
Originally posted by black robb
He's created different web fluids so after an initial battle he could come back with some sort of acid but Wolvie would just die so easily

Why would wolverine die easy, I know I usualy go against wolverine, mainly when hes against the hulk etc, but Clayface will be a challenge but not exactly Wolverines deathbed.

black robb
Why would wolverine die easy, I know I usualy go against wolverine, mainly when hes against the hulk etc, but Clayface will be a challenge but not exactly Wolverines deathbed. yeah you're right,he could probably get away of Clayface could just get tired of fighting him,but if he was going on forever,he'd win.After putting up a fight respectively

black robb
last tiem i check doesent spiderman now able to just shoot webs with out any fluid dident he evolve to a piont were his body makes webs But does that mean he just threw away his web shooters? Probably not

willRules
last tiem i check doesent spiderman now able to just shoot webs with out any fluid dident he evolve to a piont were his body makes webs

Yes but like Black Robb said, this doesn't mean he has thrown away his web shooter, we don't know the full potential of the organic webbing, it could be able to accommodate combating clayface. Plus in the upcoming The Other: Evolve or Die, storyline, spidey may get some new enhancements anyway..........

jplatinum
Joker and bane are the only, and I mean only threats in this post, dude.

Joker for his with,cunning, and ability to hide hie true intentions til you realize your have been strayed with special stunn/laughing gas and blowed the **** up.

Bane for his fighting skill, cunning, and his ability to juice up and break you in two.

That being said, they both get killed.

Now , how much of a chance do you really think the rest of these ****in' losers have!?!

Superherovandal
don't forget Poison Ivy, and Solomon Grundy. There is no way either of them could beat Solomon Grundy. And Poison Ivy would have them as her loyal slaves.

Superherovandal
Oh and mister Freeze would also roast both of them.

black robb
Originally posted by jplatinum
Joker and bane are the only, and I mean only threats in this post, dude.

Joker for his with,cunning, and ability to hide hie true intentions til you realize your have been strayed with special stunn/laughing gas and blowed the **** up.

Bane for his fighting skill, cunning, and his ability to juice up and break you in two.

That being said, they both get killed.

Now , how much of a chance do you really think the rest of these ****in' losers have!?! Bane wouldnt stand a chance against either. Spidey is WAY more powerful and Wolvie's claws combined with his bloodlust means he wont be as nice as Bats is with him

black robb
Originally posted by Superherovandal
don't forget Poison Ivy, and Solomon Grundy. There is no way either of them could beat Solomon Grundy. And Poison Ivy would have them as her loyal slaves. Maybe he could outsmart him i mean he once was able to temporarily stop Juggernaut for a long amount of time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.