Carnage vs. Black Panther

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CountQuan
Who wins?

Scoobless
carnage would easily gut anyone slower than spider-man or less durable than the thing, black panther falls under both those catagories

Tron
I wouldn't say he's slower. Not as agile, but not slower.

Capt.JK
I like Panther, but I say Carnage takes him out. He's just one nasty, nasty symbiote. He has handled both Spider-Man AND Venom at the same time in the past. Way too much for BP.

The Flash
BP has handeld the F4. I give this one to BP since he's much smarter than Carnage and will think of a way to defeat him.

theflyxx
I think Carnage is a little more than Black Panther can handle.

Carnage wins......slightly.

Scoobless
sorry to disagree with you, but panther but the marvel website has him at speed level 2 and spidey at 3 (not entirely sure what 2 and 3 exactly mean but i know 3 is faster smile )

and on this page http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/b/blackpanther.htm

it say's
"Strength Level: The Black Panther is near the pinnicle of human physical perfection, his natural strength and abilities having been heightened by unidentified heart-shaped herb administered only to Wakandan kings during a sacred ascension ritual. THe herb os also only in Wakanda. While not superhuman, he is nearly as strong as a human being can become. He can lift (press) a maximum of 750 pounds with supreme effort.

Known Superhuman Powers: None"

so he isn't any faster than captain america by the look of it

K3VIL
He's equal to cap or slightly faster, cause the Panther God enhances him.
Flash BP has handled the FF4 with a trap and prep time.

Gryn Jabar
Carnage.

Ruthlessness? Carnage
Speed? Carnage
Strength? Carnage
Badass Name? Carnage

muffin man
yeah black panther always seems to need help

Lord-of-Dreams
So? Batman always needs help. And using prep. time isn't a bad thing. Panther was just smart enough to bide his time and come up with a good strategy. He was smart enough to take the time, it wasn't given to him in advance so... that's a dumb arguement.
Now!! I say that if it's a one book fight, Carnage takes it, but after a fight. If Carnage was say... terrorizing a town, and BP was called for help, he could take it with a good plan. And Carnage took out Venom and Spidey back when he was new. And we all know that new badguys are always super powerful.

DarkCrawler
I think BP can be pretty ruthless when he wants to. Especially against murdering beast like Carnage. After seeing all the blood and guts of teh humans, he would probably go apeshit at Carnage.

After all, Wakandians are known for their ruthlessness evil face:

http://www.milehighcomics.com/firstlook/marvel/blackpanth1/5.jpg

Lord-of-Dreams
I loved that page!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In fact, the whole comic is pretty damn sick!! And phsically, BP is quite tight. He took Cap. (stupid busted scanner...)

Arsenal
Wow, I've gotta read more Black Panther!

Lord-of-Dreams
It's SO good!! My very first comic, in fact. Does his knife thing emit heat??

DarkCrawler
http://www.milehighcomics.com/firstlook/marvel/blackpanth1/15.jpg

http://www.milehighcomics.com/firstlook/marvel/blackpanth1/21.jpg

http://www.milehighcomics.com/firstlook/marvel/blackpanth1/22.jpg

Arsenal
Nice.

DarkCrawler
It's energy dagger and it can cut through forged steel.

DarkCrawler
Here is couple more.

http://www.milehighcomics.com/firstlook/marvel/blackpanth1/16.jpg

http://www.milehighcomics.com/firstlook/marvel/blackpanth1/17.jpg

From MileHighComics.com. There is most of the issue.

Arsenal
haha awesome, BP looks badass standing there!

DarkCrawler
Yeah, except its not T'Challa, it's some of his ancestors.

Lord-of-Dreams
You want me to just post the whole issue?? yeesh man. And that's not most of the issue. That part is about showing the technological prowess of the Wak.s what you've shown is pretty pictures. Show us some words. Show us PanthervsCap.

FujiFuu
I don't know much about the black panther, but in that comic wouldn't that not be the current black panther but a previous king because it was in world war 2, so.... the new black panther may not be as skilled, and captain america doesnt have half the experience he currently does... but back to the topic, carnage would beat the black panter in a fight, carnage has to much power to lose in a hand to hand fight to BP, but with prep time, and some science, he could win

ScarletSpider
Black Panther is a different kind of ruthless entirely. He acts without passion, and is a cold, calculating mother****er. He threw the world economy into a tail spin just to spite an enemy.

For clarification, his energy dagger has two settings. A stun setting, and a high powered kill setting. At it's top setting, it slices through forged steel like warm butter. I'd also be interested to see what his anti-metal claws do to Carnage. As symbiotes are vulnerable to ultra sonic waves, and anti-metal vibranium constantly emits a series of waves (though not sound waves necessarily, so I wonder if there would be any extraneous reaction).

With prep time, he easily took out the seemingly much more powerful Iron Man. He then took out Iron Man again, without prep time, and IM was in a suit specifically meant to battle the Black Panther. So that's a double slap in the face. "I built this suit to take you on T'Challa. Oh crap, you beat me already!"

The new Black Panther series is, in the author's own words, in a "year one" type arc. A partial reboot to smoothe over continuity, and recounting the entire history and origin of the Black Panther (both T'Challa, and all those who have worn the mantle before him). Though it's in the MK line, so it doesn't have to make perfect sense with preexisting continuity.

With prep time, he'd ***** slap Carnage so hard, it wouldn't even be funny. With none, he'd most likely lose.

Scoobless
the symbiotes react to loud noise and certain vibration frequencies, when spidey was fighting venom he went to the FF for help and reed gave him a sonic gun thing......... which venom eventually trashed, the torch went too and they took the fantasti-car (as venom was on an island) johnny had to tune the car's sonic emmiters to a specific frequency to properly hurt venom, but in the end none of that stopped him and spidey had to talk him out of killing them both (as they were originally there to get his help against carnage back when carnage first showed up)

so overall, i doubt the panthers vibranium tech frequencies would be on a level that would cause the symbiotes pain

ScarletSpider
Probably. The frequency gave Klaw's solid sound form a ***** of a time and actually killed him. Though just because A affects B, and B affects C, doesn't mean A will affect C. Still, we'll never know until there's a written conflict between the two.

Tron
Or unless we see either Venom or Carnage affected by Vibranium

Scoobless
but klaw was solid sound and vibranium absorbs sound so it's not that great a comparison

Banner
Panther is way more intelligent, cunning and ruthless than Carnage is. If Black Panther can beat Mephisto ( Marvel Universe's Devil ) he can defeat Carnage easily. P.S. Hulk beats all.

Lord-of-Dreams
I don't know about him being way more ruthless, Banner. Carnage is pretty crazy. I know Panther, he's a madman, but he has morals (don't argue, there just not the once-cant spell that...- we go by in america/europe. How I know? I'm African, just living in cold-ass Canada) Carnage has no morals. None. So, if he really goes crazy, it'll take all of Panther to stop him.

crazyspinz
it doesnt matter if BP has morals, someone with morals is more likly to murder carnage because of his absolute evil.

Tron
If I'm not mistaken, BP has no problem taking someone's head if he feels it's necessary.

long pig
panther is kinda cool to me now. That was panthers father who beat cap.
panther now is probably more powerful with all the new tech.
why isnt there a site where you can see comics page by page? looks like it woulda been done by now.

Lord-of-Dreams
I was not really trying to compare their two morals, I was saying that Carnage could blow up a whole world without thinking about it. BP is NOTHING like that. I know he's bad. Panther is one bad mamagama!! But Carnage is a bloody demon. I understand what you were saying though, BP would, and does, kick Carnage's dumb ass, hardcore!

mikalv1224
EZ win for carnage

azndrgn
Hey. What powers does Black Panther have? I never followed his comic, but he had a sweet suit.

theflyxx
Black Panther is near the pinnicle of human physical perfection, his natural strength and abilities having been heightened by unidentified heart-shaped herb administered only to Wakandan kings during a sacred ascension ritual. While not superhuman, he is nearly as strong as a human being can become. He can lift (press) a maximum of 750 pounds with supreme effort.

An accomplished gymnast and acrobat, T'Challa is also an expert tracker. In addition, he has mastered various African martial arts.

From former BP writer, Christopher Priest's website:

"The title "Black Panther" is a rank of office, chieftain of the Wakandan Panther Clan. As chieftain, the Panther is entitled to eat a special heart-shaped herb that grants him enhanced senses: hearing, smell, taste, agility, speed, balance and night vision. Like Wolverine, he can pick up a prey's scent and memorize tens of thousands of individual ones. For instance, if T'Challa ran into Peter Parker at a press conference, he would instantly know Parker was Spider-Man (I did a similar trick with Logan in SPIDER-MAN vs. WOLVERINE #1).

Beyond his enhanced senses, the Panther is an above-average athlete. He is probably faster than Captain America, and can certainly track prey better, but Cap is probably a bit stronger than T'Challa and may have greater endurance. The two are very similar in terms of their abilities and their zeal for justice. And, like Captain America, Panther will always find a way. Unflappable even in the face of great peril, Panther, like Cap, ignores the odds and keeps fighting for victory.

The Black Panther has a very simple set of toys. As an inventor, he could certainly pull the Fractal TechGear Deep Sea Panther Armor (TM) out of his hat, but we try to play by the rules we set out. Panther's basic arsenal is:

an energy dagger. This is supposed to be a virtual dagger, with a typical, ornate hilt carved out of ivory or stone or something, and an energy-generated blade that can be set to stun or kill. Early in the run, the editors and artist decided the energy dagger blades could be either handled like an actual knife or fired like darts.

a Kimoyo card. Kimoyo is Bantu for "Of the Spirit." It is kind of a Mother Box with tons of applications. It is basically a Palm Pilot amped to the Nth degree. It functions a lot like the Avengers' communicards, but with a lot more practical applications (in issue #14, for example, Panther called up a virtual schematic of a jumbo jet's cockpit controls and took command of the plane, landing it safely in a river).

energy dampening soles in his boots. Energy regulators create varying fields from the Vibranium in the molded soles of the boots, enabling Panther to survive a fall of eight stories and land like a cat. Given enough momentum, Panther can also scale walls or walk on water, and the field can be also used offensively to shatter or weaken objects.

the Panther's costume contains a Vibranium microweave mesh that works a lot like super-kevlar. The microweave robs incoming objects of their momentum (bullets do not ricochet off but simply fall to the ground when they come in contact with the weave). Likewise, the Panther cannot be stabbed, but the costume (and Panther) can be cut if the attacker slashes along the grain of the costume (see the Kraven fight in issue #7 and 8). The lenses in the mask cut glare and enhance his natural night vision. The claws in his gloves are made of Vibranium-based "Anti-Metal," and can break down most any metal known to man at the molecular level. In *theory*, Panther's claws could damage Captain America's shield, the hardest metal known to the Marvel Universe. But, that's, in *theory.* Combined with the Vibranium-soled boots, the claws enable Panther to scale any wall to any height, and even cling to the underbelly of a plane in flight (again, issue #14). The cloak can be elongated or shortened or eliminated with just a thought, and the entire costume can morph into King T'Challa's trademark black business suit (he usually steps into a shadow and emerges in the other outfit).

Never
How many times have I pointed that out?

They will ALWAYS find a way.

So many square pegs, so little time...

demigawd
Panter takes this one. He's too smart for Carnage.

Scoobless
he always finds a way................... yeah...........in this fight he'll find a way to decorate his office in his own guts.......... of course carnage will be helping him find this particular way

saying cap or BP will "always find a way" is such a cop out on these threads......... with no prep time BP will get broken in half in this fight

demigawd
No prep time? Yeah, probably. But even with a little bit of prep time. Panther owns him.

Scoobless
did you see the issue of avengers when panther went to investigate who was busting up his quinjet factory? it was alkhema and she beat the living crap out of him........ this would be a similar situation

Tormentor_2004
Carnage wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.