The Wicker Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

_tre_cool_
Hello people. I'm studying The Wicker Man for my dissertation. I wasn't really getting anywhere so i've decided to look at it from a fans POV and its cult status. i really need some help and would love to use some of your answers as quotes in my essay so if i write a few questions below, u think you can answer them as thoroughly as possible. It will help me so much. Thank You

1. Have you heard much about the wicker man's history? (don't tell me about the history, i already know....hopefully you will know what i mean.)

2. What do you think about the film The Wicker Man in terms of its cult status today and are you a fan yourself?

3. Have you been on a Wicker Man tour?

4. Do you believe the missing footage is still out there today? Does someone have it or is it dead and buried?

Not many questions i know, but try and write quite a bit so i can quote you.

Thanks for all your help

Kirsten

Jackie Malfoy
The truth is that I never heard of it.JM

papabeard
The wicker man is one of my favourite films, typical of british drama at the time and very effective. There was alot of stuff on tv like this in the 70's.

The ending is incredible, very realistic and disturbing, knowing that this has gone on before and will continue is chilling.

I havent taken the tour.

BadKitty
woah..I just saw this on kmc's front page http://www.killermovies.com/w/thewickerman/articles/4977.html

they are remaking this movie...I honestly can't wait! this movie was great but I thought it should be remade ,glad to see others so as well.

MildPossession
Lol, it doesn't need remaking, it's a cult classic.

Old news anyway, he has been up for the role for over a year now, just official now.

ragesRemorse
yeah, remaking wikerman is like remaking evil dead...pointless.

FEDFAN316
what is wicker man?i never really got the story when my uncle told me it.

ladygrim
i saw it on the top 100 movies so i thought id watch it ....

ragesRemorse
It's good,but very long.

Blinky
This is the only thread I could find on the original Wicker Man.

Question - What the F*CK does Howie scream at the end. To me it sounds like he screamed "DAMIEN!". Who was Damien? Gay lover? Who knows?

I've read that he said "Failure!" or "Jesu!" but whoever suggested these must have bad ears. Here's a link to people discussing this at the shit-hole known as IMDB:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070917/board/thread/137741215

Any official word from writer or director? It's bothering me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.