Palpatines powers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jimmy986
i have just started really getting into star wars as far as discussing all the deeper stuff.i was just wondering if we know where palps gets his powers. it seems pretty amazing that he could possible be that skilled in the force and politics as well as everything else he does. i was also wondering if he is considered a sith. it doesnt seem as though he is b/c he doesnt put as much faith in the force as anakin does since he favors things such as the death star.

XX Emperor XX
Well to answer your question he gets his power from a kyber crystal he wears around his neck or something it basically increases your powers greatly, without it palps/sidious wouldn't be as powerful as Yoda or Anakin or maybe even Windu and yes he is considered a Sith he is the greatest and powerful sith of all time.

BAILY
**cough cough EU EU cough cough**

JKozzy
Is that true, or just EU? confused Doesn't really make much sense... was it from one of the child's novels?

Ushgarak
It's EU.

sinistra
who knows how palpatine gets disfigured????

BAILY
by Mace Windu.... no one knows exactly how

XX Emperor XX
confused

XX Emperor XX
For all I know its true not EU

BAILY
No it is EU buddy.... sadly

Bc Palpy isnt that powerful and that would explain it right there... but I doubt it is in the movie

XX Emperor XX
Does anyone know where any information about this can be found

BAILY
The original Star Wars Scripts maybe?? I will check for ya

EDIT: there is some crap about a Kiber Crystal... want to read it??

XX Emperor XX
yea sure send it to me

Darth_Nefarus
Kyber crystal, not so much.
The personal Sith holorcon of Darth Bane, yeah, I could agree.

But if you choose to ignore the crystal idea, just look at what the movies have told us. The Sith have been hiding for 1000 years, training and waiting to make their move. Palpatine was powerful because the Sith prior to him had such incredible knowledge.
Like his master, Darth Plagueis, the Sith with the power to create life with midichlorians.

There's all sorts of factors that attribute to his powers.

BAILY
Here is that file for ya XX Emperor XX.....

http://s21.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3O2LBCJH4QRKE3OHELS6EFODEX

jimmy986
where does it mention his master. i havent heard anything about it in the movies.is it just eu. if it is in the movie why do we not hear much about him. you would think if he was as great of a master to instruct the man who would destroy the jedi from within.

jimmy986
also why was he so special that made him decide to destroy them from within whereas most other sith have tried blatant violence.it just seems that palpatine is far superior to any other sith we know about.

Captain REX
We don't hear much about him because no one knows who the Sith are until Episode III! They know Dooku is, but they don't know if he's the Master or the Apprentice or whatnot.

And Palpatine IS powerful. The crystal is EU, but I am sure he doesn't actually have it.

bilb
Yeah, this really cool new site, just opened up, called Starwars.com, you should check it out.....

Darth Subjekt
lol......damn i love you....but ok....how can he be good at using the force and be in politacis? Arent you good at two things? The whole senate thing is nothing more than him learning the rules and using him Sith mind powers to further his career. Kyber crysatl is crap, hes strong with the force cause of his master, and he's been practicing for YEARS....some beleive he's quite old.....maybe even as old as yoda. But where yoda had to take time to teach others, Palps only had to teach himself.

Darth_Nefarus
I would accept the kyber crystal on one condition. Sidious busts it out to revive Anakin after the lava bath.
But it won't happen.

jimmy986
Darth Subjekt

i didn't mean he couldnt be good at both politics and force mastery.i was wondering how he could become so skilled at everything and not be known to the jedi. it would take much practice and it seems to me like most sith become evident to the council very quickly such as dooku and maul not to mention any eu stuff. all i wanted to know was how he was able to spend all that time training while he must have gained favors in the republic to be such a prominant figure all while the jedi are on top of him.

bilb
Anybody here ever watch a Kirosawa flick or any old B movie? Thats how villians are in those flicks, they are just the bad guys plain & simple, Noone needed elaborate krystals or traumatic childhoods then, There were good guys & bad guys....thats it. And THOSE are the movies Lucas based the SW flicks on. Do the math. Sids is all evil, all powerful, all the time. Thats why we have a SW saga so accept it & move on!!!! yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.