Storm - will she take us by storm?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Spear-it
I've been popping around the threads, planting seeds as to get opinions of Storm and her involvement in the next movie. She is my favorite character, and it is easy say, her fate is mine! If she dies away from the movie, I will too! I will die away from the theater opening, and die in general. She is the best, and it is ludicrous she hasn't been major! So please people, share your thoughts, and let us give her life! sad

Isn't she beautiful?droolio

Clovie
no halle in next movie

pr1983
i love the storm character, shes my third fave x-woman... but i don't like halle berry's portrayal erm

i do hope we see storm in x3, just not halle...

Spear-it
Excuse me, the both of you? What's wrong wi...with...HER!! Is it because she is petite and doesn't have a deep voice? I can't believe this! What you said...It was horrible!!!! I call down LIGHTNING!

pr1983
she doesn't need a deep voice... and i love petite women... but storm is like a mother to the x-men, she has the grace and maturity of a queen... halle berry doesn't imo...

Spear-it
You say the most beautiful things about storm, pr1983... but don't you think halle could be all of that and more if only they would create it in the script. She surely gave that presence in the 1st movie when teaching the mutant children, and in the 2nd with Nightcrawler? Agree!

And by the way, how many fronts are we gonna have here and in other threads? Hmm?

pr1983
i like halle, don't get me wrong, she's a very good looking woman... and yes if the script and direction was better maybe we'd see a better berry... but i have this feeling in my gut that she's wrong... she's just not storm to me... erm

the nightcrawler thing was quite odd imo... could work... might not...

fronts? u mean arguments? i dunno... u seem pretty cool... just i get pretty passionate in x-men debates embarrasment

Spear-it
Thank you and touche yourself, goodfellow! I am cool, and aspiring to be even more so, as cool as the "arctic winds" my girl can command! I can respect your "feeling." I've had plenty of those, and they've been correct in the past. But then again, I'm psychic (I'm delusional) so don't think for a second I accept it. Give me your intuitive statement, the one that implies direction as to who this "feeling" is making you feel good about! I've always considered Angela Bassett...

Spear-it
Damn it! How do I start a poll here after I missed the opportunity when I first created the thread?

pr1983
touche myself? i didn't...

bassett could do it imo... i'm just not impressed by berry...

and i have no idea about the poll...

Spear-it
All i meant is you are a worthy opponent, mind, personality, etc... (or are you shifty ). And while we are admitting confusion, what does "imo" mean? I know, I'm an idiot. Hehe! -cough- embarrasment

pr1983
thx embarrasment ... i think we just both want the best storm on screen, we just disagree on who it should be big grin

i only learned recently about it, and im here six months...

imo = in my opinion...

Spear-it
i went to the link you put i your post (we don't need to address each other anymore, do we? We're the only ones here...So big and empty...I can read instead of hear our echoes...My thread is as unsuccessful as Catwoman! Oh God! -Not a bad movie-)

Back to prior, halle is just trying to get storm a more involved role (like interpersonal with other characters - romance?) They didn't say anything about money, I don't think, I'm to lazy to click. It's what storm deserves and halle. She just wants to be remembered. Why play the role if you aren't going to be?

pr1983
storm deserves a huge part... but i'm sorry i'm still skeptical about halle...

she just doesn't strike me as an actress who's more concerned about her role than her media exposure...

Spear-it
Here's some schoolin' on my girl halle. Her idol was the performer Dorothy Dandrige. A black woman herself, Dorothy tried her best to share her talents and influence people's lives, but died before the era arose where she could get appreciation. Halle negotiated with funders and used her own money (the thing she would be looking to gain) to bring Dorothy's story to life on screen and honor her memory.
if you don't believe me, then research yourself, as if I would lie to you. Is there anyone you don't have a personal vendetta for or is it just Halle...

pr1983
first of all, i am well versed in halle's early career...

i have no vendetta against halle whatsoever, she was excellent in monsters ball, though i believe she has a limited range... trust me there are actors i dislike alot more than halle... i just don't like her as storm, i just don't think the role suits her... thats it... no big vendetta whatsoever...

stormfront13
Storm id by far my favorite character and i think that the script writer and the director are making her look bad. I don't have a problem with halle cause shes a good actress and I'm sick of people saying that its halles fault for storm not being good. Storm has a ralationship with all the x-men but the movies make her seem like shes an outsider to the x-men. In the first movie toad took out three x-men easily when storm herself could have handled him quickly. The movies are making it seem like storm is a weak person which shes not. In the movie it takes her so long to use her power when in the comics she can use them instantly. Imo the writers and directors need to be someone who reads a lot of comics, they should be a fan. I think that storm is being protrayed so wrong!

pr1983
i agree with every line except this one:

its as much her responsibility as anyones to make storm good, look at michael clarke duncan, practically the only good thing about daredevil, he had a bad script and director but still made a decent attempt...

halle is a good actress, but being a good actress does not automatically make her able to do any role properly... if she really cared that much she could have gone out and bought a comic, there not exactly expensive...

stormfront13
Yeah ur right-didn't think before i wrote

Spear-it
So you dislike her! HA! i mean, you couldn't possibly! What does somone have to do, to prove, they are a good person with integrity, pr1983? How many roles does someone have to play excellently, to prove, they aren't limi... you know what? I'm sick of this argument at the moment... Let's talk, or argue, about something else (though Storm-related, because under my dead fingers will this thread lose focus.)

Stormfront13, please stay and be our new friend. We were so pathetic and lonely, and having each other wasn't enough, so thank you! For some reason, I don't think the Storm-neglect was intentional. I think they had other characters as a priority, in staying true to the universe... but how could storm not become enough of their favorite to change things? Do they not know what a treasure they have? Halle, the most beautiful woman in the world... whata shame...

stormfront13
ha ha don't worry i'm not planning on leaving anytime soon. I wish there was a thread where we could just talk about storm and how good she is

pr1983
dude... i think you are a major halle fan...

so this will be my last post tonight...

how many roles? there are so many different genres that very few actors can be accomplished in all of them... i liked halle in die another day, monsters ball, swordfish, even the flintstones, i just don't believe she's the right kind of actress to play storm... i have nothing against her personally... she does some movies wonderfully, but nobody can be great at everything...

and she's only the most beautiful to some...

stormfront13
r u talkin to me or spear??

pr1983
spear...

and i'm pretty sure there is a storm thread somewhere here...

just have to find it...

stormfront13
k thanks
i'll have to look for it too

Spear-it
it's right here people! we're the founders. I guess i didn't realize what's small, is cozy... Oh God! Listen to me! I sound like an afterschool special, on Lifetime! haha!

pr1983
you sure... there's a thread for almost every x-man and woman...

stormfront13
well should we restart one?? I think i'll do it

pr1983
ok... the only other storm thread i could find is this one...

Storm Pics...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=3020007#post3020007

so it's at Paola's discretion whether this becomes the Storm thread...

stormfront13
does she have to tell us or what??

pr1983
She's the mod... its up to her...

stormfront13
well I just sent her a private message, hope thats o.k

pr1983
Paola's cool... though she's been busy lately... you might not see her for a while sad

stormfront13
k well i got nothin to do so i'll wait

pr1983
alrighty, but it could be like tomorrow...

stormfront13
k, i'll just go to other threads

stormfront13
wheres spear-it in all this, i thought storm was like his/her favorite character.

pr1983
no idea...

Spear-it
I'm here! Yay! Cheer! I'm back! I was doiing homework, or rather, it was doing me...

And, uh... his/her,pr1983?
Hmm, a mystery... What am I?..
Wow, almost makes me feel godlike... Doubt you'd even be able to tell if you met me... That's an invitation, people.

pr1983
to what? guess? huh

and it was stormfront, not me...

Spear-it
Does it matter anyway? And oh, sorry pr1983...
I guess I'd target you more as an enemy then stormfront...
He/she has been on my side. Ha! Got you back, sf13!

pr1983
no biggie... i'm a cyclops fan.. i'm used to it stick out tongue big grin

Spear-it
AhhhhhhHHHHHHhhhhh...ahh! What is up with that big ass black box i see everytime you post... WHat does it mean??

pr1983
thats my signature... most people on kmc have one... mine is lines from a song...

Spear-it
Well, i'm making a statement... i don't need one... because i'm to unique and lazy to find something defining like that. Anyway, i wouldn't be able to find one storm image i'd like more than the others. They wouldn't all fit...

Fionnula
storm's one of the best x-men...Halle Berry was very disappointing in the role though she didn't quite get the goddess likeness that Storm is famous for, i think she should be in x3 though cause storm is a great character.

pr1983
surely there's one...

stormfront13
how do you do it anyway?? i'd put a stormk pic up if I knew how. hey finnula are you a big storm fan like the rest of us??

pr1983
its in your profile... go here for a guide...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1719904#post1719904

stormfront13
thanks

stormfront13
paola wrote back to me and she said to keep this thread up and running so we should continue talkin about storm, what did you guys think about the arena?? I liked the plot of the story even though it was a little confusing, the aret was alright but I really liked storm in it. her attitude was awsome and the way she was beating everyone showed how powerful she is. I was really glad they gave her her own mini series.

Fionnula
i am indeed as you can probably tell from my signature - Gambit, Storm and Rogue are my favourites and sometimes Wolverine

Mainstream
only "sometimes" wolverine?

Fionnula
yeah, sometimes he can be a bit annoying so it's more of a most of the time wolverine rather than a sometimes, he's cool though and very hot in the movies

Mainstream
ummm ok.,

Fionnula
laughing i know what i mean

Mainstream
good...glad to hear it.

Fionnula
what i meant is most of the time i like Wolverine.

'sometime' sounds like most of the time i don't like him

Mainstream
I'm okay with Logan...but Gambit, Rogue and Cable are my three all time favorite Xmen.

Fionnula
yeah Gambit's my absolute favourite smokin'

anyway this is way off-topic

Mainstream
oh yeah .,.,, about Storm...Storm okay she's my favorite Black Xman woman...wait..she's the only Black Xman woman...or should I say Black Xwoman...you know what I mean right?

Fionnula
of course, she's my favourite charcter on the Legands game

Mainstream
oh yeah...her supermove..is great!

Fionnula
i know the others don't seem to do much but her's is great and her chain/legend lightning

Mainstream
I love that move...I doubt I could have beat the Sentinels without it.

Fionnula
Magama's x-treme thing is good as well, she's another that i like

Mainstream
Indeed

pr1983
cecelia reyes is black too...

and storm kicks ass in legends...

Fionnula
okay off-topic again...so Storm

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/Fionnoula/172.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/Fionnoula/storm2.jpg

Mainstream
I thought she was mexican or something...what about Bishop I think he's half black...on legends (in his cameo) he was a black kid.

Fionnula
Bishop was in Legends?

Mainstream
yeah...you save him from sentinels during the big sentinel fight toward the end of the game..you don't play him....but maybe in Legends 2.....

pr1983
bishop and cecilia are both african american...

and yes storm rules...

Mainstream
Storm wasn't born in Africa...I read that somewhere...she was raised their though.

Fionnula
kind of remember that..

Mainstream
A lot of people think she was born in Africa...a lot of people are wrong.

Fionnula
yeah she was born in New York i think

pr1983
storm was born in new york i think...

dammit... stick out tongue

Mainstream
Did you know Storm met Xavier years before she joined the Xmen? She was a child who stole his wallet in Africa before he got crippled.

Fionnula
interesting... stick out tongue

but before he could talk to her about her mutant abilities he was attacked by Shadow King

Mainstream
yeah...it was on the 90's cartoon...but I saw a clip of it in a comic as well.

stormfront13
yeah she did, thats when he first met her. although he didn't talk to her. Storm was born somewhere in new york, i think the bronx maybe or somewhere arounf there. She moved to africa(Cairo) at a really young age.

Mainstream
indeed....Storm comes form an Afican tribe who have magical powers and are born with ghost white hair...I read that somewhere.

stormfront13
yeah over in the secondary mutation thread i said that I wish she would be ablt to turn into the elements like the wind or lightning. I also said that storm should meet up with dr.strange and he should teach her some magic. I think that'd be really cool.

Mainstream
the living storm.

stormfront13
she'd be pretty unstoppable. she could turn invisable and intangible with the wind. she could easily drown someone by turning into water. by turning into hail she'd be a little invulnerable, i think. well she'd be pretty powerful. Imaging having to fight lightning.

pr1983
she'd be pretty strong...

but they can't make her god-like...

Mainstream
why the hell not....you afraid of powerful woman dude....I know I am.

pr1983
no, because then she won't be an x-man anymore...

Mainstream
oooooh I see she'd be so powerful she won't really be a part of their merry little band of mutants. But "the Living Storm" could kick so much ass even Magneto couldn't.....never mind.

stormfront13
I doubt that being god-like would make her leave the x-men. They are the only family she has left.

pr1983
she'd never equal magneto...

Mainstream
never...you mean even if her powers were boosted like 50 to 60 times over.

pr1983
they'd just make magneto stronger... having one x-man/woman able to defeat magneto would ruin magneto...

stormfront13
if her powers were multiplied that much then she could like destroy the earth by creating a huge storm with tsunamis and hurricanes and tornados and stuff like that.

Mainstream
God Like Cable could beat him....I would think..but yes Magneto is a super powerful mutant..having a single Xman beat him would F**k up his character..but if "living Storm"did do it...it would be one hell of a tale thought...the mighty Magneto..beaten by but one Xman...I'd be huge.

pr1983
cable isnt an x-men member, he doesnt count...

and storm will not evolve, shes too old... her powers are at their peak... maybe her kids could, but she cant...

Fionnula
how old is Storm?

stormfront13
beast is older than her and he had a secondary mutation

pr1983
beast did not have it recently... he went blue a long time ago...

Mainstream
Beast is what mid 20's Storm is what early 20's maybe?

pr1983
both are late 20s-late 30s i think...

and the blue thing was one secondary mutation...

storm is probably the third most powerful of the x-men, i cant see them making her any stronger...

stormfront13
no his sm's were that he now has a feline look and has a healing factor. sage opened them with her powers.

Mainstream
that's right Sage can "jump start" sm.

stormfront13
aren't they older then that

Mainstream
I doubt it I'd say mid 20...early 30's.

stormfront13
I thought they were early 30's

pr1983

Mainstream
I don't think so..but then again they could be...I mean Xavier is in his 40's and I figure most of his students would be at least 15 to 20 years younger than him.

pr1983
cyclops is early 30s, as is jean and beast, storm would be close...

Mainstream
early 30's huh...then Xavier would have to be mid 40's at least.

stormfront13
yeah isn't he a lot older than his students?? well just a thought. anyway how good of a hand to hand fighter is storm. she beat callisto and I read that callisto knows all of the martial arts known to man. so thats impressive. also storm went through years of not having her powers and she still was with the x-men so she must be a really good fighter. also she trained with wolverine.

Mainstream
Storm should have at least above average fighting skills.

pr1983
storm is an accomplished hand to hand fighter... she's one of the best in x-men...

stormfront13
i'm guessing way above average, but i'm a hardcore storm fan so anything she does is great to me.

Mainstream
yeah....though Rogue anit not pushover neither..but Storm is a great fighter with or without her powers.

pr1983
rogue has very little fighting skill hand to hand, storm would kick her ass if rougue didnt have super strength...

Mainstream
Rogue more of a street fighter...Storm has had traditonal fighting lessons.

stormfront13
how long do you think that she could stand against cap. america without her powers and him without his shield.

Mainstream
Storm vs Cap...Cap got better fighting skills but I'm sure Storm could get a good lick in or two..but beat Cap one on one....no way.

pr1983
cap would beat her, he's enhanced, she not...

Mainstream
by enhanced you mean in stenght and speed right...not in her ummm other areas. cuz I always Storm was all natural...if you know what I mean.

Fionnula
isn't he really old now?

stormfront13
I only asked how long do you think that she'll last.

Mainstream
who...cap? or Xavier Fionnula?

Fionnula
i just wanted to know how old he was becuase i thought he was in WWII with Wolvie

Mainstream
Captain America will give a long ass speech before he fight her . the speech will be about 5 to 10 minutes and about 2 minutes after the speech she goes down. big grin

pr1983
captain america was frozen in a glacier for many years...

he's early 30s and still has super soldier enhancements...

stormfront13
she's better than that

Mainstream
he's technically a senior citizen you know.

Fionnula
of course, should have seen that one coming...

Mainstream
okay 5 minutes after the speech she goes down.

pr1983
without her powers cap would destroy her... she aint batgirl...

Fionnula
that's true... what's so good about him?

Mainstream
indeed....Cap is like marvel Batman...some would say he's better...but if Storm fought Cap or Bat he'd go splat.

pr1983
she would?

Spear-it
You all...are ridiculous. Storm would beat him hands down. He'd probably try to be the gentleman and storm would show him, or she wold think of something to cancel his advantages. She's above average intelligence you know...close to genius.

pr1983
nowhere near genius, but yes shes intelligent... and this is without powers, rogers'd wipe the floor with her...

Spear-it
stop it!! she's perfect!!!!

stormfront13
Spear we both love storm(cause she's perfect) but if she had better fighting skills then captain america then she'd be like able to take on thor and other stronh people like that. Maybe with a lot of practice then she might be able to give him a run for his money. She is in fact above average intelligence wise. I was reading a comic where beast said that he underestimated her intelligencce wise, that she might be on par with him.

doctorstrongbad
Storm is a coo x-man are we sure she is no going to be in X-3?

pr1983
i never said she wasnt intelligent, but she aint a genius...

and all the fighting skills in the world wouldn't let her compete with thor...

nobody is perfect...

stormfront13
yeah maybe not with thor but a lot of strong people

pr1983
like who? shes up there but she's still 3rd in xmen...

stormfront13
what do you meen by 3rd x-men?? who's ahead of her

pr1983
iceman and jean (not counting professor, he the most powerful) are more powerful...

stormfront13
I bet storm could take iceman. She['s resistant to cold. In the comics iceman only freezes your blood as a last resort. Storm could make it hot enough and then just hiit him with a lot of lightning.

pr1983
iceman is practically unkillable... the only way for her to kill him would be to remove all the moisture from the air... and her resistance to cold is not absolute, i bet he could make it cold enough to hurt her, or he coudl just encase her in a block of ice...

stormfront13
none of the x-men kill. I know that storm is smart enough to knock out iceman quickly. in one of the marvel encyclopedias i have read it says that storm can make it hotter than 100 degrees. if its that hot then wouldn't he weaken instently. In a comic I read recently iceman was weakening because it was getting to hot. If its over 100 degrees then there won't be a lot of moisture in the air which means that it will be hard for his powers to function. Lightning is also realy hot. If he gets hit by that a lot then he's bound to go down.

pr1983
first of all... i only used that as an example, i know full well that very few x-men if any actually kill...

he could freeze her instantly, long before she could raise the temperature, it doesnt happen instantly... him freezing her is a lot quicker...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>