F.A.O: Nine Inch Nails fans. With Teeth tracklisting.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alpha Centauri
http://www.nin.com/current/2-12c.gif

Some pretty cool titles.

Trent also put a teaser up: http://www.nin.com/visuals/with_teeth_teaser.html

Sounding pretty good.

-AC

moviejunkie23
OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH ccccoooooolllllllll stick out tongue

Dr. Strangelove
Looking forward to it. thumb up

Alpha Centauri
Trent always has that quiet epicness to his records.

From the teaser, while it sounds a little similar, I just got this feeling that it's gonna be a special album. Here's hoping.

-AC

Arachnoidfreak
droolio

Deathblow
I hope it's less dramatically depressed than TDS and The Fragile, I have a feeling the whole nihilism kind of thing will start to sound a little old after four albums of it.

Also time to start anticipating the (at least) three more halos with remixes and singles and what not churned out by the end of this year.

Alpha Centauri
Trent said it's more brutal.

I thought The Fragile was way more positive than The Downward Spiral. I mean, We're in this together was the closest thing Trent has done to a love song.

Even The Downward Spiral, while being about becoming a monster and a destructive person, was relatively positive at the end with Hurt. Basically the guy realising what he did wrong and being sorry, if he could change it he would.

Trent's a remix whore, but that never bothered me. I don't need it so I don't buy it. It's the NIN fans who suck Trent off all the time and buy everything he puts out then complain.

I think there's always room for nihilism as a theme, coz we can always relate. If the music is no different it'll grow stale though, I agree with you. I think the snippet on the trailer sounded cool.

-AC

Deathblow
I sure hope he doesn't mean Fixed brutal, there's only a certain amount of random screaming noises my ears can take.

It was, but only in small doses. It is one hell of a big album, so it's obviously not all going to be gloom and doom. It was positive by NIN standards I guess, but that's still not exactly happy chappy material.

I wouldn't call Hurt a positive song, it may not be violent like the rest of the album, but it's as dank and depressing, just in a less abrasive way.

I have Closer To God, March Of The Pigs Maxi, Further Down The Spiral, The Perfect Drug, Fixed, Things Falling Apart and the 10 track version of Head Like A Hole...I just feel like I'm missing out on something special if I don't get the big ones, even if it's just one or two decent remixes. I got them all except Things Falling Apart (which is probably the best one) cheap off of eBay anyway. Suprising how many people bought them and ended up hating them.

I'd like to hear more of the minimal, subtle stuff like The Great Below really, honestly I'm not all that keen on the brutal thing. I'd like to hear the under exploited softer side of NIN because everytime he's tried it so far it's worked beautifully; Something I Can Never Have, A Warm Place, La Mer etc, some of his best work.

Victor Von Doom
Same here.

For me, what differentiates him as a great artist is his soundscape style writing. The 'brutal' industrial thing doesn't exactly put him in the pantheon of greatness, much as I liked it.

Alpha Centauri
I don't buy those remix releases so they don't bother me really.

I think The Fragile is the best he's ever done because of the stuff like you mentioned. I think he went for a more brutal sound but it changed over time. As did the album title.

Maybe the brutal side was in theory.

-AC

Silver Stardust
Awwww man I can't wait for this album...the track names look quite interesting, the teaser is great.....

StinkFist462
i have all 17 Halo's and all 3 of the We're In This Together EP's , and yes im a remix whore embarrasment ...... the lil teaser thing sounds familiar to me

furryman
I have all the halos aswell, downloaded though, of course embarrasment

StinkFist462
lmao at least you have them all . noone of mine are burned

i lovejake
they r awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StinkFist462
yea

Arachnoidfreak
*pees himself with anticipation*

Nice Sig Deathblow

StinkFist462
yea nice sig DB

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.