M.S.I: Watering down?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alpha Centauri
"MSI and Metropolis Records are pleased to announce that the new MSI studio CD "You'll Rebel to Anything" will hit shelves on April 12th. Fans will be interested to know that there will be three different versions of the release; a 10 track explicit version with a video for "You'll Rebel to Anything," an 11 track clean version with a video for "Diabolical," and an 11 track extra heavy double vinyl version. The clean and vinyl versions have two entirely different bonus tracks and all three have their own individual artwork."

I can safely say I'm looking forward to the new album (not looking forward to what my cash situation will be like after 05) but I can ALSO say that I never thought Mindless Self Indulgence would release a clean anything, let alone album.

Good? Bad? Shit? Awesome?

I never understood "clean" versions to be honest. If people actually have the presense of mind to know who M.S.I are then they'll know that swearing is involved haha.

-AC

Afro Cheese
It doesn't bother me.. they mostly make the clean versions so parents will let their kids buy the albums too . Also Walmart only sells clean albums so maybe they think it'll help their sales. But I sure as hell wont buy a clean version of anything, especially not msi.

Alpha Centauri
Why do they want it to help their sales though? Since when did M.S.I care about that?

-AC

Silver Stardust
MSI's doing a clean version of an album? WTF?!

Afro Cheese
Obviously they do. I really don't think any artist is above wanting to be financially successful. I mean who wouldn't want to make money doing something they love? Some may think it's compromising their lyrics for sales but overall it will add to their fan base because now kids who wouldn't be able to buy their albums will be able to. I mean if you don't want the clean version then don't buy it, what difference does it make? I remember my mom wouldn't let me buy the unedited versions of albums until I was like 13 or so. So I always had to buy the edited version from walmart. Then again back then I was listening to gangsta rap so I can't really blame her.

Alpha Centauri
Obviously they believe that they can get across what they're trying to get across with the swearing in, it's who they are.

I didn't think M.S.I would tone down so kids could buy their shit.

-AC

Afro Cheese
But they aren't actually toning down, just selling kids a toned down version. Hopefully they will make the same kind of music they have been making, so their normal cd will be of the same quality.

Alpha Centauri
Yeah I know but I can't see why they'd go "We want kids to have our album. They'll get nothing from it but we'll take their money anyway".

-AC

Afro Cheese
Well I wouldn't say they'll get nothing out of it.. but it certainly wouldn't be the full effect. But hey if the kids want to buy it why not? They know what buying a censored album means. Most of the time you can tell what they say anyway.

Alpha Centauri
Just baffles me. I hope they aren't just getting frustrated with being unknown.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
The swearing was always ephemeral in their albums anyway. It's a different case in America where Wal Mart controls a massive amount of sales, and censors artists. If you're being censored, may as well do it on your own terms. They hardly have the clout to ignore Wal Mart potential.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.