Captain Marvel vs. Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arsenal
http://img160.exs.cx/img160/4428/capgla6cb.gif
http://img90.exs.cx/img90/2320/captainmarvel0pg.gif http://img90.exs.cx/img90/6757/gladiator19hn.gif

kgkg
Gladiator wins

ScarletSpider
Hmm...not sure. Nice pics as always though smile

juggernaut74
Im not sure either on this one. But Gladiator supposedly has the confidence weakness. If this is true then I lean towards Captain Marvel.

The Flash
Where did you get those sweet sprites?

Khellendros
Assuming you mean DC's Captain Marvel, I say Gladiator. Gladiator is more like Pre crisis Supes and CM cant really get decisive wins against current Superman.

EDIT: Oh, the sprites just showed up, so yeah, my answer stands.

kgkg
ya Captain Marvel from dc will losse but i think marvel Captain Marvel can take him

muffin man
gladiator he yells SHA-ZAM and he starts beating on a little kid

K Von Doom
Nice pic of Gladiator. Captain Marvel looks out of proportion.

Arsenal
I know, I couldn't find any better pics.

Arsenal
They're basically just clones of Superman, but I think Captain Marvel has the advantage because of Gladiator's confidence weakness.

Scoobless
gladiator is way more ruthless than marvel, he'd take this fight to a level marvel isn't prepared for

Arsenal
Being a kid, wouldn't Marvel be just as ruthless back?

long pig
gladiator when not shown by the writers being beat by weak punks for plot reasons is actually extremely powerful.....the guy can do anything...and really only looses confidence when the plot of others needs him to...when its not about others hes practically unbeatable...i would say he can take this pretty easy....well...fairly easy

cdtm
Bump.

red sabre
Originally posted by Khellendros
Assuming you mean DC's Captain Marvel, I say Gladiator. Gladiator is more like Pre crisis Supes and CM cant really get decisive wins against current Superman.

EDIT: Oh, the sprites just showed up, so yeah, my answer stands.

Gladiator PC Superman? Gladiator cant hang with high heralds, get his ass kicked constantly by hulk thor and any other top dog out there, cant handle black bolt, gets raped when fighting anyone notable but he can beat captain marvel? and he is PC Superman level?

http://freefunnypixs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/YouFailfish.jpg

Mindset
Originally posted by kgkg
Gladiator wins Noob.

JakeTheBank
Billy would beat the shit out of him, honestly.

-Pr-
Billy should win, imo.

Hyperion Prime
Captain Marvel beats Glads.

Colossus-Big C
Black Adam>Superman>Gladiator

zeel
id say they are even, although id give a very small speed advantage to glads. Billy got alot of heart though. Id give a small edge to billy. could go either way.

Id love to see a Black Adam vs gladiator fight though, think it would be a more interesting fight. Adam is more ruthless then glads.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Black Adam>Superman>Gladiator

Superman > Black Adam > Captain Marvel > Gladiator

cdtm
I'd say they're evenly matched, speed wise.

Funny how Gladiators biggest fans (Not talking about you, Zeel.) just assume he's faster because he flies around the universe under his own power constantly.

Take that away, and he really doesn't have any speed feats Superman hasn't matched or bettered.

And besides, Eradicator flew around the universe under his own steam too, and he's not faster...

The_Dog_of_War
Cap wins after a semi-decent fight.

juggernaut74
Yea I think so.

Stoic
Gladiator wins.

Philosophía
Captain Marvel beats the shit out of him.

carver9
KMC style debating, Cap cant touch Gladiator and Glads stomps.
Using scans, on panel evidence, battles, etc... giving this to Cap.

juggernaut74
Glads will feel the thunder.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9

Not sure how 'KMC style debating', as you term it, gives this to Glads.

Surfer 'KMC style' uses cosmic awareness 10/10, correct?

Billy, 'KMC style' (lol) uses the Wisdom of Solomon 10/10 to gauge Glads' intentions and tactics, and adjusts accordingly.

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Not sure how 'KMC style debating', as you term it, gives this to Glads.

Surfer 'KMC style' uses cosmic awareness 10/10, correct?

Billy, 'KMC style' (lol) uses the Wisdom of Solomon 10/10 to gauge Glads' intentions and tactics, and adjusts accordingly.

Glads have displayed speed billions of times faster than Billy. That's why.

DarkSaint85
But Billy will know exactly what he's going to do before Glads knows it.

https://m.imgur.com/xJhRNZC

'KMC style', which should really be renamed 'Carver misunderstanding style' laughing out loud

Philosophía
Glads have displayed speed billions of times faster than Billy. That's why. Combat speed? No.

Glads can fly really fast, though. So if he wants to self-bfr to save his life, that'd be nice thumb up

-Pr-

I don't think you've ever been more wrong about anything, and that's saying something.

leonidas
i might actually take glads here, but it would be really close, similar to hype vs glads. billy even has a personality similar to the hyperion glads beat. i might choose him for the same reasons he beat hype--skill and ruthlessness (i know cm fights adam who is as ruthless as anyone but i don't think ba is as skilled as glads is, and i do wonder if billy has combat speed to match what glads did against hyperion). btw, has billy done anything recently to make people think he'd beat gladiator?

Philosophía
Black Adam is what Gladiator wishes he will be when he grows up.

Surely you're not arguing that Gladiator is even a shit on his boot in terms of performances?

Senor Cage
SHAZAM!

leonidas
this isn't adam vs glads though, this is billy. adam has been, in general, much more impressive than billy ever has except in head-to-head (though he's done pretty well there too.) i could see this pretty much going either way.

abhilegend
Originally posted by leonidas
this isn't adam vs glads though, this is billy. adam has been, in general, much more impressive than billy ever has except in head-to-head (though he's done pretty well there too.) i could see this pretty much going either way.
What kind of logic is that? Adam is much more impressive except when he isn't?

leonidas
who do you think has the more impressive showings.....? i don't think it's really even very close. but of course adam IS a cm villain, and this IS comics, so there's that. superman vs billy has been historically ridiculously close, but i don't think you're going to use only those combat showings to conclude billy=superman, are you?

Philosophía
I agree about Black Adam being more impressive than Billy in terms of sheer volume of people he has taken one, and how frequently - but we can't ignore the fact that they're essentially copies of each other. Considering how Billy is able to handle him just fine in normal conditions, and Black Adam being much more formidable than Gladiator -- it paints a pretty clear picture who is the favorite here, imo.

I think Billy's record is underrated, though -- besides Black Adam -- AND the fact that he has a much higher ceiling - there's stuff like this:
https://imgur.com/a/Q7A6d
...which, again, is something that Gladiator can't touch. Quite frankly, it's ridiculous.

And I hate to use cheap-moves, but Gladiator's kind have a weakness against magic:
https://imgur.com/a/3umKDhK
aaaand...Cap's lightning amped punches...:
https://imgur.com/a/HrrjLdC

abhilegend
who do you think has the more impressive showings.....? i don't think it's really even very close. but of course adam IS a cm villain, and this IS comics, so there's that. superman vs billy has been historically ridiculously close, but i don't think you're going to use only those combat showings to conclude billy=superman, are you?
Superman holds back and their only fight to finish (Eclipso crossover), Superman almost killed Cap.

Adam has never beaten or even shown upper hand on cap before.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Shazam(Like most heroes) hold back they full strength....Black Adam has no regard for life,so his feats gonna look better cause he's ruthless...but they clearly equals

carver9
But Billy will know exactly what he's going to do before Glads knows it.

https://m.imgur.com/xJhRNZC

'KMC style', which should really be renamed 'Carver misunderstanding style' laughing out loud

Show me Billy avoiding someone coming at him at billions of times the speed of light. Remember, we are talking about a guy who crossed Galaxies in the blink of an eye, flown 100 times the speed of light.

Even durability is a plus for him. He withstood an attack that was going to level half of the solar system. Swam in suns.

Strengths contained a blast that was going to shes half of a solar system. Planet busting. Fighting evenly, temporarily against Phoenix Force users.

Billy doesnt have anything comparable to what I said. KMC style debating, Glads treat him like fodder.

DarkSaint85
But Billy is magic.

Gladiator is vulnerable to magic. He'll hurt his hands punching Billy laughing out loud

'Carver style debating'

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by -Pr-
I don't think you've ever been more wrong about anything, and that's saying something.

Well, Carver is still going along this path lol.

carver9
But Billy is magic.

Gladiator is vulnerable to magic. He'll hurt his hands punching Billy laughing out loud

'Carver style debating'

Heat vision him in his eyes at FTL speeds for the 10/10.

DarkSaint85
Heat vision him in his eyes at FTL speeds for the 10/10.

Lol scans of his HV when he's at FTL?

This post of yours doesn't even make sense lmao. He's FTL....so surely he's faster than his HV?

You're trying so hard lol. Not sure if this falls under WIS or CIS laughing out loud

leonidas
@phil--not sure the magic scan really works--even against magic his confidence did not falter. my interpretation of that is that young glads was able to 'confidence' his way through that unexpected attack. if he does have weakness to it, it seems his confidence can carry him through.

and billy may win this. but i think it would be really close every time.

@abhi--proof superman (and not billy) holds back in all their fights....?

DarkSaint85
But as the elder says, even the strongest of the Strontians are vulnerable to it..

leonidas
and yet his confidence didn't waver. were he truly hurt by it, or bring stopped, how could he have remained confident. failing or being beaten doesn't inspire confidence. in the same breath the guy says they are prepared to fight against it. so, i dunno. /shrug

Philosophía
I mean, Superman 'wills' himself to withstand magic attacks, too, but it doesn't mean that he's not taking them at sub-optimal levels.

It's like two guys fighting, but one of them having brass knuckles.

C'mon...

DarkSaint85
and yet his confidence didn't waver. were he truly hurt by it, or bring stopped, how could he have remained confident. failing or being beaten doesn't inspire confidence. in the same breath the guy says they are prepared to fight against it. so, i dunno. /shrug

By having some adepts learn it to better defend against it.

Glads didn't learn it, nor does he have adepts in this thread to protect him against it.

BUT, having said that....magic didn't exactly help Asgard when he came a knockin, lol.

BUT BUT, Heimdall wasn't exactly pulverised by his billions of FTL speed or whatever calc Carv has come up with. So perhaps magical invulnerability DOES help....

carver9
By having some adepts learn it to better defend against it.

Glads didn't learn it, nor does he have adepts in this thread to protect him against it.

BUT, having said that....magic didn't exactly help Asgard when he came a knockin, lol.

BUT BUT, Heimdall wasn't exactly pulverised by his billions of FTL speed or whatever calc Carv has come up with. So perhaps magical invulnerability DOES help....

Or that is a high showing for Heimdall. Ya know, things like that does happen. Gladiator using KMC style debating destroys here, with ease.

DarkSaint85
Please stop with this 'KmC style debating' nonsense. You're salty and you completely misunderstand the rules, doesn't mean you have to keep bringing it up.

carver9
Please stop with this 'KmC style debating' nonsense. You're salty and you completely misunderstand the rules, doesn't mean you have to keep bringing it up.

Lol... I'm not salty though. Ok, I'll say this... Gladiator based off of his speed showings do not get touched here. Is that better?

DarkSaint85
I've reported your trolling posts, either way

Philosophía
Yeah, all joking aside, this meltdown is getting ridiculous.

carver9
I've reported your trolling posts, either way

Understandable. Who do you think wins this and why?

abhilegend
@phil--not sure the magic scan really works--even against magic his confidence did not falter. my interpretation of that is that young glads was able to 'confidence' his way through that unexpected attack. if he does have weakness to it, it seems his confidence can carry him through.

and billy may win this. but i think it would be really close every time.

@abhi--proof superman (and not billy) holds back in all their fights....?

I mean seriously?

juggernaut74
Well Gladiator may have just proved once and for all he can beat Billy.

Philosophía
In terms of feats -- no. Captain Marvel withstood a prolonged beating from DoV Spectre, which is even moreso than what Gladiator did against Galactus, withstanding it for moments then getting one-shotted.

In terms of relative portrayal -- yes. Gladiator is shown as being above the other heroes to the point that I don't think Captain Marvel is.

DarkSaint85
But but but magic......

:P

carver9
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Well Gladiator may have just proved once and for all he can beat Billy.

He can destroy Billy with ease.

juggernaut74
He can destroy Billy with ease. Unfortunately you may be right.

MrMind
Still Billy

Carver can suck it

Philosophía
Originally posted by MrMind
Still Billy

Carver can suck it thumb up

I change my mind back again, and will keep this position, just to make him cry again.

leonidas
huh? i'm not the one who stated unequivocally that superman holds back against cm. i was curious if that was explicitly stated somewhere given the way he declared it as an apparent fact. and if it is true (and i have no doubt it is given they are both heroes....) i equally have no doubt at all that for the same reasons, cm holds back against superman in their fights making it a wash anyway. /shrug

eclipso had the advantage at the end but are you kidding--cm was holding back that whole fight. he even told him he was going to be forced to get 'rough' in the second half and called him a 'grump'! lol so if that was a non-holding back superman, (and it was) that was STILL a cm who WAS clearly holding back.

the next time eclipso took superman, cm did much better, fought smarter, caught his fist even and used lightning--but cm was still holding back against a non-holding back superman, even telling eclipso outright he wasn't going to fight him. (eclipso would have preferred cm's magic body over superman's).

i don't doubt superman holds back--but i also don't doubt cm holds back against him as well. obviously abhi you think superman beats everyone and would kill cap. and i don't really care that you think that. history, repeatedly, says you're 100% wrong though but i'm dropping this before it turns into something worse.

i also see the fear that comes with scaling that's happening here. THIS is why superman threads were closed. because there is ALWAYS some veiled threat that something can be scaled in superman's direction. if glads can beat cm, and cm can match superman, then glads (LE GASP!) might not be so easy for superman all of a sudden and every dc fan is in an uproar that gets fanned by marvel people jumping on--the result is no more superman threads.

imo, a great form of a modified no-superman rule would be that the word superman can't be used in any thread that doesn't have his name in the OP. that way discussions won't get derailed into 'how does this opinion reflect on superman!!11!' honestly, superman has been MY superhero since kindergarten and my superman encyclopedia. but the recent spat of fanboyism regarding him, the way he's sort of become this almost toxic lynch pin in the forum is....unfortunate. it reminds me of the way the forum turned so many people off of thanos (among others) who was at one time such a great villain. and obvs i'm not directing this at just abhi. thumb up

DarkSaint85
Problem is, he'll ALWAYS be in the back of certain people's minds. Abhi would never let Glads win, because Cap has good showings with Supes, etc etc. It'll always be there.

Adam Grimes
But that's with any character, you see it all the time.

You either have to accept it or stop debating cb vs altogether. I guess most choose the former.

leonidas
lol i know, but it seems like that sentiment has been on the rise in recent months (years?)

anyway, your point about glads vs magic and asgard was a very good one. that entire arc he was dealing with magic, even punching his own god in the face at the end. given the way he handled jane i think glads can handle magic as well as most can. does that mean cm can't punch him out by amping his fists with lightning, or calling down a couple blasts of lightning? lol no, of course not. just don't think that is the way all the fights would go. each would be brutal by the end, probably and i really could see this going either way for the most part. i don't think that's a particularly volatile position to take. /shrug

abhilegend
huh? i'm not the one who stated unequivocally that superman holds back against cm. i was curious if that was explicitly stated somewhere given the way he declared it as an apparent fact. and if it is true (and i have no doubt it is given they are both heroes....) i equally have no doubt at all that for the same reasons, cm holds back against superman in their fights making it a wash anyway. /shrug

Cap holding back against Superman is not the same as Superman holding back. Superman has mental blocks preventing him from accessing his true power. Cap has no restrictions.

Advantage? Cap was stated to be lucky to be alive after the beating he received.

http://i.imgur.com/L74sYHh.jpg

That was weeks after that fight too.

What are you talking about? Eclipso was holding back against Cap, he even went as far as to save Billy because he wanted Cap's body without any damage.

Have you actually read the comic?

Yes, Cap does hold back against Superman but its hardly the same as Superman holding back against Cap. You're once again inserting your views in the comic.

What are you talking about now? Who has said any of these things?

Well, this esacalted fast.

zopzop
He can destroy Billy with ease.
Agree. Gladiator would put poor Billy out of all our misery. But I've been saying that BEFORE this latest Gladiator showing.

DarkSaint85
This latest showing shouldn't change people's perceptions of the character, due to context...

Philosophía
This question is easy to answer and it is done so in two fold, because it takes an understanding of Superman's holding back.

1). The conscious holding back. Superman has only not held back against Doomsday prior to OWAW
https://imgur.com/a/NGYvjEi
Superman instinctively pulls his punches, even in the most extreme situations. He has done so even against omnipotent Emperor Joker:
https://i.imgur.com/F9HucG7.jpg
It's the reason Supergirl looked more powerful at first, for example:
https://i.imgur.com/6W5evTM.jpg

2). The unconscious power reserves:
https://imgur.com/a/1xGQzmj
Superman's power in its actual raw sense is literally dependent on the state of his mind. He can even depower himself, as he has done post-Infinite Crisis, as it has been made clear time and time again. Like here:
https://imgur.com/a/DORhNLX
He has to have a specific mindset in order to access his power. By altering his mindset, his power surges and he accesses more of it:
https://i.imgur.com/XHMjDYR.jpg
This same surfer of hidden power was what happened in DoS, at the end when he killed Doomsday on his deathbed:
http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx28/PhilosophiaKMC/RogerSternNovelisation.jpg

On top of this, he actually gets more powerful in critical situations and absorbs more solar radiation:
https://imgur.com/AHwLy5C?fbclid=IwAR29BajZpqoQl6Uy-kE5VKUZ4CLa1minMfSd0DVLJpLu8sBwDaOFE4rPwWk

So, in essence, you have 3 levels:
1). Holding back consciously . Superman does it extremely so but, obviously, Captain Marvel does it, too.
2). Subconsciously holding back. Even if he is not holding back consciously, he subconsciously is not accessing his power.
3). Amping himself by also absorbing extra sunlight in emotional duress.

---

To give you an illustration of the levels we're talking about here, here is pre-OWAW Superman stalemating Captain Marvel both Hercules' strength and Atlas while the latter is clearly trying his hardest to beat him, as Supes is like "wtf?":
https://i.imgur.com/dnpENog.jpg

Here is Superman training with Mongul to access more of his power :
https://i.imgur.com/XHMjDYR.jpg

Here is Superman, after that training with Mongul, double-teaming an Imperiex Probe, and they barely take it to it:
https://imgur.com/a/eoYXZx6

Here is the all-out non-holding back Superman against that same Imperiex Probe by his lonesome:
https://imgur.com/a/B7CGolH

Here is the all-out Superman against an army of probes and he goes through them like butter for days:
https://imgur.com/a/V55CDhg

Levels.

leonidas
Originally posted by abhilegend
Cap holding back against Superman is not the same as Superman holding back. Superman has mental blocks preventing him from accessing his true power. Cap has no restrictions.

Advantage? Cap was stated to be lucky to be alive after the beating he received.

http://i.imgur.com/L74sYHh.jpg

That was weeks after that fight too.

What are you talking about? Eclipso was holding back against Cap, he even went as far as to save Billy because he wanted Cap's body without any damage.

Have you actually read the comic?

Yes, Cap does hold back against Superman but its hardly the same as Superman holding back against Cap. You're once again inserting your views in the comic.

What are you talking about now? Who has said any of these things?

Well, this esacalted fast.

lol so your assertion is that superman holds back....more against cap, than cap does against him? proof that superman 'tries less'? are you kidding me with this take?

and just because eclipso didn't want to 'kill' billy doesn't mean he was holding back his strength when billy stopped his blitzing fist and matched his strength. wtf? he wanted his body for a host which he deemed better than superman's. again, the clear, non-biased implication is that they are effectively equal. in the first fight billy was clearly holding back the whole time. in the second eclipso made it clear cm's body is better for him given its magical nature. but cm still held back against eclipso, yet still caught his fist and matched his strength, and no, i don't think he was holding back either time there. seriously.

and of course this is all about superman in this cm/glads thread. like it always is. have the last word because i won't propagate this typical turn of discussion.

ShadowFyre
What context exactly? He punched a highly amped galactus.

I know yall love to literally shortchange every single thing done in Marvel every time.

But Gladiator got a good showing, how about the dc fans just ****ing deal with it for once instead of downplaying everything and trying to lowball everything.

I get that a few Marvel fans on here do the same damn thing but damn.

Gladiator punched a highly amped Galactus and got him to bleed. Then got wrecked. What other context is there?

leonidas
@phil: i'm not saying superman can't access power beyond billy--i'm saying in all their battles, they are shown as equals. a typical superman=cm. this isn't owaw superman we're talking about (shouldn't be superman at all) nor am i talking about an amped superman. superman, as normally shown, is matched by billy and has been repeatedly. i am also far from sure that those blockers remain in place while eclipsed....

as far as amping himself--he's been in plenty of situations and under tons of distress and yet NOT accessed those levels of power too. you're talking about 2 states of superman that are Atypical.

MrMind
Why are Marvel fanboys so whiny. You guys already got the numbers, give it a rest will ya? Nobody is lowballing the feat right now

DarkSaint85

abhilegend

Philosophía
@phil: i'm not saying superman can't access power beyond billy--i'm saying in all their battles, they are shown as equals. a typical superman=cm. this isn't owaw superman we're talking about (shouldn't be superman at all) nor am i talking about an amped superman. superman, as normally shown, is matched by billy and has been repeatedly. i am also far from sure that those blockers remain in place while eclipsed....

as far as amping himself--he's been in plenty of situations and under tons of distress and yet NOT accessed those levels of power too. you're talking about 2 states of superman that are Atypical. You asked for proof of Superman holding back in their fights.

I provided it. Hell I even spent some time fetching scans and detailing all the layers.

I even provided Superman and Cap armwrestling to a stalemate - while Cap is using Hercules+Atlas AND clearly putting more into it due to frustration.

I don't know what exactly...is the next goalpost? That Eclipso, who is weak to sunlight and avoids it , a creature supplementing Superman's fully functional mind -- which is shown as being needed to access both his conscious and, another layer, unconscious power -- is the equivalent of uber Superman?

You're also randomly saying stuff about how he rarely goes all-out --- no shit? He held back against Emperor Joker. All I've said above is consistent - his conscious holding back, his unconscious holding back, his power surges. This is across multiple writers, across multiple decades, across multiples titles. It's one of the most fundamentals fact about Superman. Scott Lobdell literally dealt with a mini-OWAW arc in the H'el arc. Greg Rucka had him go all-out against New 52 Doomsday in a "never before seen power display" etc.

If you mean "random, nice guy, every day Superman" has a "these are for charity" contests with Cap and they come out as equals, then yes. But Superman clearly goes to the stratosphere in terms of power compared to him when he really wants to.

carver9
laughing out loud... DC fans saying Galactus was weakened. Hilarious. Skrulls thinking the universe was going to end, Watchers going blind during the time he absorbed BB energy but he was weakened. Terrible.

carver9
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
What context exactly? He punched a highly amped galactus.

I know yall love to literally shortchange every single thing done in Marvel every time.

But Gladiator got a good showing, how about the dc fans just ****ing deal with it for once instead of downplaying everything and trying to lowball everything.

I get that a few Marvel fans on here do the same damn thing but damn.

Gladiator punched a highly amped Galactus and got him to bleed. Then got wrecked. What other context is there?

Exactly.

DarkSaint85
laughing out loud... DC fans saying Galactus was weakened. Hilarious. Skrulls thinking the universe was going to end, Watchers going blind during the time he absorbed BB energy but he was weakened. Terrible.

Not a DC fan, but he was literally writhing in pain, and his figurative diarrhoea was messing the entire universe up.

Then Glads flies in and punches him. That's like a 12 year old landing punches on Tyson as he's on the floor pooping himself. Said poops being so bad the guy in the second row are being splattered.

Then Tyson gets back up, and destroys the 12 year old, perhaps the most powerful 12 year old he's ever fought.

carver9
The Supreme intelligence fight amnesia. The Watchers go blind. The Skrulls begin their end time rituals. Otherworld is infested with technology. Machines breath their last breath.

All of this happened because of the SUPPOSEDLY weakened Galactus...

https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/41686818/Doctor_Strange_016-013.jpg.html

Try harder.

DarkSaint85
The Supreme intelligence fight amnesia. The Watchers go blind. The Skrulls begin their end time rituals. Otherworld is infested with technology. Machines breath their last breath.

All of this happened because of the SUPPOSEDLY weakened Galactus...

https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/41686818/Doctor_Strange_016-013.jpg.html

Try harder.

I don't have to 'try harder', or even try at all....it's literally spelled out.

Tyson's just eaten a bad burrito, and his poops are so bad the ramifications are being felt around the stadium. The ringside girl has been KOd by the smell. The guy in the first row had it in his eye, blinding him. Guys in the 2nd row are throwing up.

And all this takes place at a time when the rules of science are literally being rewritten.

But yeah, that 12 ye old totally rocks, and should challenge all the other boxers for the heavyweight championship belt....

carver9
Moments after this, it was outright said Living Tribunal knew fear...

https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/41686822/Doctor_Strange_016-017.jpg.html

Some weakness.

carver9
I don't have to 'try harder', or even try at all....it's literally spelled out.

Tyson's just eaten a bad burrito, and his poops are so bad the ramifications are being felt around the stadium. The ringside girl has been KOd by the smell. The guy in the first row had it in his eye, blinding him. Guys in the 2nd row are throwing up.

And all this takes place at a time when the rules of science are literally being rewritten.

Took place during the time Galactus was about to destroy everything and had a multiversal level being in fear. A 12 yr old vs an Adult isnt a great comparison. Herald tier vs Abstracts is SIGNIFICANT. You should be able to cut an Abstract power in half and a Herald still shouldn't be able to even tickle them. Galactus was at a level where the most powerful being in the Universe feared him. Gladiator drawing blood from this type of being speaks volumes. Gladiator punching him so hard that every bone in the universe shook speaks volumes. Gladiator baking his skin speaks volumes. Gladiator temporarily powering through his attack speaks volumes.

DarkSaint85
Moments after this, it was outright said Living Tribunal knew fear...

https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/41686822/Doctor_Strange_016-017.jpg.html

Some weakness.

Because after that, he wasn't weakened anymore?

Why is this so hard to understand lol.

DarkSaint85
Took place during the time Galactus was about to destroy everything and had a multiversal level being in fear. A 12 yr old vs an Adult isnt a great comparison. Herald tier vs Abstracts is SIGNIFICANT. You should be able to cut an Abstract power in half and a Herald still shouldn't be able to even tickle them. Galactus was at a level where the most powerful being in the Universe feared him. Gladiator drawing blood from this type of being speaks volumes. Gladiator punching him so hard that every bone in the universe shook speaks volumes. Gladiator baking his skin speaks volumes. Gladiator temporarily powering through his attack speaks volumes.

He was at that level AFTER the fight with Gladiator.

Jesus wept lol.

carver9
He was at that level AFTER the fight with Gladiator.

Jesus wept lol.

So he became weakened and then became so powerful that he put fear into Living Tribunal? How did that happen?

DarkSaint85
So he became weakened and then became so powerful that he put fear into Living Tribunal? How did that happen?

He absorbed the entire shi at guard, PLUS all of Earth's heroes and anyone else who was still knocking about.

Strange says marching thousands upon thousands to their death was the hardest thing he had done, but he needed them to fight and have the will, to be at Max energy so they could overcharge Glads.

Did you read the comic at all?

carver9
He absorbed the entire shi at guard, PLUS all of Earth's heroes and anyone else who was still knocking about.

Strange says marching thousands upon thousands to their death was the hardest thing he had done, but he needed them to fight and have the will, to be at Max energy so they could overcharge Glads.

Did you read the comic at all?

Again, he absorbed a HELL LORD, Dormammu along with other beings before this. Him absorbing Herald level characters (a couple of trans) doesnt add up to him becoming powerful enough to put fear into the Living Tribunal. You're better than this. Also, if he was so weakened, how was he able to withstand a punch that shook the bones in every being in the Universe?

AlbertoJohnAvil
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud watching saint add his imaginary context to lowball the feat is truly hilarious.

carver9
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud watching saint add his imaginary context to lowball the feat is truly hilarious.

Hes trying extremely hard. Darksaint target characters are Hulk and Gladiator. Anything good they do, he excuses it. Primarily attack Marvel characters but those two are his main peeps.

DarkSaint85
Wtf, who said it....are you being deliberately stupid?

If you have the shits from something bad you ate.... you're telling me you're at 100% fighting shape? When it's so bad you're doubled over in pain? Wtf.

He absorbed thousands upon thousands. So it would have been literally every hero in the universe.

As for the punch....the laws of science were literally being rewritten. You trying to make some scientific gauge is hilarious.

Btw, just so you both know, have reported both of you.

carver9
Wait, so you report someone but in the same post above me, you call someone stupid?

DarkSaint85
I asked if you were being deliberate about it.

IOW, there's no way you can be stupid about it. If anything, I'm saying you're the direct opposite of stupid.

carver9
You said "are you being deliberately stupid".

Galan007
The BS in this thread needs to stop.

Now.

DarkSaint85
thumb up

It's over, I'm done. Hopefully the explanation, coming as it does from Goobs, will be more palatable to Carv and Alberto.

Edit: as I said, it's a great feat, but there was context, and it doesn't change people's views either way.

zopzop
Marvel is starting to show Glads some respect. First, a Thanos written by Starlin stated that Gladiator was the most formidable of the Annihilators and wanted to get rid of him first. Then we have Glads taking out the GotG and X-men before unleashed Jean stepped in and KOed him. Next we have Glads KOing BRB (off panel but still). Now we have Glads portrayed as the most powerful of the heroes Strange assembled to take on Galactus.

Billy is out of his league here. He was NEVER Superman tier. He's more mid herald level on his BEST day.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by zopzop
Marvel is starting to show Glads some respect. First, a Thanos written by Starlin stated that Gladiator was the most formidable of the Annihilators and wanted to get rid of him first. Then we have Glads taking out the GotG and X-men before unleashed Jean stepped in and KOed him. Next we have Glads KOing BRB (off panel but still). Now we have Glads portrayed as the most powerful of the heroes Strange assembled to take on Galactus.

Billy is out of his league here. He was NEVER Superman tier. He's more mid herald level on his BEST day.

"perhaps the single most formidable mortal Galactus has EVER faced"

mmmmmmmm yes

carver9
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
"perhaps the single most formidable mortal Galactus has EVER faced"

mmmmmmmm yes

thumb up

EVER!!! Gladiator heat vision turns Captain Marvel into mildew.

LordGod
gladiator should be able to edge him out after a VERY good fight

BrolyBlack
Captain Marvel beats him senseless.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.