Spy-Hunter (2005) The Rock

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lau_timmy
Based on Midway Games' popular arcade game of the 1980s, "Spy-Hunter". Former F-15 pilot Alec Sects (The Rock) is recruited to become a member of a government agency called International Espionage Services (IES), specifically joining an elite group called the Spy Hunters. Piloting an experimental battle-car, the G-6155 Interceptor, with all varieties of weapons and gimmicks (including the ability to transform into a speed boat or a super-fast motorcycle), Sects and his fellow Spy Hunters are given the assignment of defeating Daemon Curry, the evil president of a cartel called NOSTRA International, which has plans of world domination. Of course, the bad guys have their own souped-up weapon-packed vehicles, and they don't like being "hunted".

Latino Review spoke to The Rock on the set of Be Cool, where the action star announced he had just found out that Mission: Impossible II director John Woo is in the running to helm Universal's Spy-Hunter, coming summer 2005.

Interestingly, The Rock said last month to the press that Spy-Hunter is "like what Mission: Impossible was for Tom Cruise." Sounds like he was dropping a hint early on regarding the director. Expect to see doves flying everywhere!

Neo_Version 7
John Woo's directing is shit in my opinion!

lau_timmy
I think John Woo is the best action director out there. Although he is losing his touch these days. Anyway, he did direct MI2, FACE/OFF and Paycheck.

Cinemaddiction
Bump and move to the new forum!

snake_eyes616
The Rock in this one too!?!? Must like video games. Not that I care big grin

TheBlackWidow
Dude i think u talkin bout Doom Cause its like crazy with all tha movies comin out

Hit_and_Miss
I like the concept... I loved the first game on the xbox... Not the best game ever.. but a fun one anyhow!!! I think it could be an ok movie... but it will be lost on most!

Cinemaddiction - Shockwave sig and avi are great!!!!

edwinian
the rock is in spy hunter? cool. that video game was great in the arcade (and the ps2 version wasnt too shabby either)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.