Favorite British Band

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morgoths_Wrath
It's a tough call, I don't even think I can decide yet...

I'll post when I come to a conclusion.

Pyro GOI
Dude, what about Muse? But Radiohead is good too. So I voted Radiohead.

SeptemberRain
Damn, this poll is tough. I like every effing band on that list

Alpha Centauri
Radiohead.

-AC

Morgoths_Wrath
Muse might as well be Radiohead, but you can just choose Other if you like them best.

Df02
i dont like voting Other... so chose my favourite off the list.
The Smiths, definately not the best band on the list, but my favourite none the less

Alpha Centauri
Muse are absolutely NOTHING like Radiohead.

They're from the UK and their singers use falsetto style singing.

The comparisons should end there. Radiohead make better music than Muse could ever dream of. Muse are one of my favourite bands also, just doesn't take a genius.

-AC

big gay kirk
David Bowie, Smiths, Radiohead..... hmmmm...... yes...... but what about the Rolling Stones, and my personal favourite, STATUS QUO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

big gay kirk
and when you say British, do you mean UK..... cos if you mean British in its broadest sense, what about U2...??

eggmayo
Led Zeppelin, but dude.... where are Black Sabbath?

Morning_Glory
Oasis..

there is already about 3 of these threads... so...confused use the search button next time

Morning_Glory
there are 2 votes for Oasis - who else voted Oasis?? erm

room #99
WHAT THE ****...Where is Iron Maiden ? mad

Norma Jean
Coldplay

bobby_sox
hmmmm.

sorry to be really anal, but no mention of...

the rolling stones
the police
travis
super furry animals
lamb
basement jaxx
the happy mondays
the stone roses
underworld
black sabbath
campag velocet
the chemical brothers
the stranglers
the coral
the sex pistols
elbow
muse
the exploited
the libertines
the levellers
selfish c*nt
goldie lookin chain
the cure
keane
the darkness
the cult
the jam
kasabian
the zutons
british sea power

amongst a zillion others!!

Df02
half of them dont deserve to be on the list. thats why
a few good mentions tho thumb up

bobby_sox
which half? its all a matter of opinion i guess.

Alpha Centauri
Well The Libertines are lame.

Goldie Lookin Chain, British Sea Power, Keane, Kasabian, Super Furry Animals, Travis, Basement Jaxx.

All either shit or boring, among others.

-AC

bakerboy
David Bowie is a band???

But by the way, my favourite british band of all time is the beatles, followed by queen, the rolling stones and u-2.

Df02
British sea power are good....not worthy of 'best of british'.... but pretty decent

Alice_In_Chains
The Smiths...

bobby_sox
....in your opinion. not mine.

rockchickgem
lostprophets are british jst thought id add that

Morgoths_Wrath
there is an OTHER option, I can only list 10 bands/artists up there and I thought I'd throw in some newer bands sorry I forgot Iron Maiden/Black Sabbath/Rolling Stones etc etc etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!

will you ever forgive me??????????

eggmayo
Ill never forgive you for the Sabbath bit, but you seem to like Zeppelin... they kinda cancel each other out erm

baracustastic
Me, have all their albums, seen them twice (rare for me).

Only voted for them cos there was no Queen band

Df02
u coulda voted other lol...

baracustastic
yeah but other could be a band that was complete turd. Like Manic Street Preachers, Bush or Toploader. *shudders*

Df02
well post and say what u voted for lol
but i agree with ur siggy.... first they steal our town names like NEW York...Birmingham Alabama etc....then they make a game that primarily uses the hand, and call it football

baracustastic
But I do really like Oasis and Queen would only edge it.

cheers about the sig.

Punk Tiger
What the heck?! Hardly heard of any of them... Beatles, Oasis & Led Zeppelin I heard but none of others... where's The Killers & Franz Ferdinand?

Alpha Centauri
Franz Ferdinand aren't worthy of being on that list and The Killers are American.

-AC

eggmayo
This is favourite british band, not best british band.... surely anyone can be on that list?

Bardock42
ThE Smiths are my favorite.

Libertine
The libertines and Muse are my favourite.

Ok U2 arent a brittish band they dont come from the right area of ireland to be british they are an international band.

Muse and radiohead were compared together when muses first album showbiz came out then when origin of symmetry came out they banshed any comparison from every critics mind, and with absolution they discovered their own sound, so dont live in the past radiohead and muse have nothing in commen.

Alpha Centauri
Discovered their own sound? Nearly everything off Absolution is borrowed from somewhere.

Origin of Symmetry is their most original album.

I love Muse but they don't deserve to be compared to Radiohead.

-AC

STYX Chick
confused Why am I the only one who voted for The Who? >.> Anyways... -Walks out ouf of the thread, randomly- o.o Rawr!

houtsjc
THE ADICTS

eleveninches
Best british bands ever:

1.Beatles
2.Queen

jaden101
its a tough one...best british band EVER...im tempted to go for stone roses...or the smiths...or one of countless other genius bands...

Deathblow
Between Led Zeppelin, probably one of the best bands ever, and Porcupine Tree, who are IMO head and shoulders above everything else thats come out of the UK for the past 20 years.

Flying High
i like Franz Ferdinand....

Ignite
Queen!!!
"radio gaga.." cant stop singing it!!

Time Of Evil
I was between Led zepplin and Oasis and Coldplay and The Who! In the end I chose Oasis due to my taste in Indie.

Libertine
Im not the greatset fan alive but for greatest british band i'd have to go with The Beatles. My fave brit bands are Muse and The Libertines, but everyone knows who the Beatles are and how great they were.

LLG
My favorite from the choices on the poll are the Beatles, David Bowie, and other

el_barto
You forgot The Clash stick out tongue

I chose The Who

room #99
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
there is an OTHER option, I can only list 10 bands/artists up there and I thought I'd throw in some newer bands sorry I forgot Iron Maiden/Black Sabbath/Rolling Stones etc etc etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!

will you ever forgive me??????????

I will never forgive you for forgetting Iron Maiden..i could just kill you for that mad

Happy Dance

Libertine
?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.