Lord of the Rings RPG

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mace Skywalker
What are some good Lord of the Rings RPG's. I know there is an online PC version, but that one costs a lot to play online doesnt it? Are theyre other rpg's for like ps2 or pc that are not online. OR, do you have the option of playing the online version offline?

The Inkeeper
No happy

Just go out and buy the third age, and battle for middle earth, then when you realise battle for middle earh wont play and you cant get past that DAMN TROLL IN MORIA on the third age, you will never want to hear the words 'po-tate-ohs' again smile

shaber
At least you're allowed to combat the trolls there.

Smodden
I thought the troll was easy...no expression

Nazgul lord
me too.

Mandos
I beat him in 2 seconds

The Inkeeper
well i died okay stick out tongue
but last night i beat him, then i beat the watcher- twice, then i couldtn get past the 6 goblins at once mad Then i did stick out tongue

Now im in the chamber of records, then i turned it off to come online stick out tongue

Smodden
so in other words?....confused

stick out tongue

shadowy_blue
I want to play it!!! eek! OMG! OMG! jump

I suck at video games, but I love them, if that makes any sense at all. laughing out loud

I only play the Gameboy version, and hey, I'm an expert on it. cool (yeah, as if that means something. shifty ) But I'm proud of my "Gameboy skills"! eek! I beat the Moria troll and Lurtz and the Fangorn Troll and her baby (lol..where the heck did they come from? confused ) and all the buggers in Helm's Deep! eek!

OK, I admit. I use Legolas so I wouldn't die. laughing out loud

OK...uh, I'm done. no expression

Elessar_Strider
<a href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=15&k=video%20games" onmouseover="window.status='video games'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">video games</a> im good at them and like them too stick out tongue lol Happy Dance rock

Elessar_Strider
me 2 no expression

Smodden
Yeah, I've notice sooo many things in the games that shouldn't be thereno expression

The baby trolls crack me up...laughing When I first saw them, I thought it was the real troll...and they were so small...laughing
then I saw the mamafear

oh, and remember when you get to the mines...you only see a picture of the watcher and you don't get to fight itmad?

yeah, s-b I use legolas toomessed
I tried frodo but he gets corrupted to easily
and eowynconfused

s-b, I think you'll love the ps2/gc/xbox version....yes

And exa would die if she saw some of the names in the game(3rd age rpg). Many are used in wrong ways.

like power of grey haven???
Power of Grey Haven- a spell attack that I believe replenishes health(?)
last I checked the Grey havens was a place....and I didn't know people could call upon it for power....confused

Citadel Rage....Lmao...3-stroke sword attack.

Some of these names are kinda strange....

and I was also wondering, why they can use the names of the valar in the game? don't they only have rights to the LOTR movies? not the silmarilion?

Thorondor
Third Age is too much like final fantasy the fighting is boring and repetative.

Can't really recommend any, though if they make a The Silmarillion video game i will play it till it burns out smile

shadowy_blue
Yeah, like the wild boars. no expression I understand the Wargs, but the boars. no expression

Hey, I remember the first time I played, I got nervous when I got to the watcher because I thought I'll actually be fighting him, and I thought it will be hard. embarrasment I was actually relieved when the game just skipped to Moria, but also disappointed at the same time. laughing out loud

I tried Eowyn but I only got to Level 2. laughing Jeez, she's hard to use especially when I'm fighting against the Uruks. messed Even the "special power" thingie doesn't really help that much. fear

Ooohhh...eek!! I want to play it!! I can't wait! cool

Elessar_Strider
never read the book, it good? eat

Elessar_Strider
wtf

Thorondor
No it's crap all these silly elves going about the place getting their hands chopped off getting stamped on by big fiery bad guys and the weird guy name morgoth who is so psychotic and tries to kill basically everthing that isn't ugly smile, worst book ever

Elessar_Strider
jawdrop

REALLY?????

Thorondor
sorry smile

Elessar_Strider
You mean the gameboy version?

Elessar_Strider
i dont remember that in the gc one.... confused

Elessar_Strider
im gonna go play BattleField1942 now so.... LATER Jumpy

shadowy_blue
Yes, Smodden and I were talking about the Gameboy. stick out tongue

Exabyte
laughing laughing

shock

... yes it is.

cry w-w-w-rong names? death wherrrrrre, where are they, filthy lil game producers, we will stabs their eyeses out, kill them, kill them all, yes my precious we will furious

weep

Elessar_Strider
laughing out loud

Elessar_Strider
i dont like reading long boooks much....confused

Elessar_Strider
but i read the Hobbit!eat

Mace Skywalker
Is their one designed like everquest?

Elessar_Strider
dontgetit

Elessar_Strider
huh

Mandos
IMAGINE IF THEY VRATED A VIDEO GAME CALLED SILMARILLON' LIKE THOR SAID' AND THAT WE COULD PLAY IT ONLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVERYONE CHOSES A CHARACTER OR CREATES ONE COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

Thorondor
Middle Earth Online?

Mandos
NO, SILMARILOON ONLINE

With Beleriand and the undying lands and Numenor there

Thorondor
Silmariloon? like a cartoon thing?

shadowy_blue
laughing

Elessar_Strider
uh.... like Runescape?huh

Smodden
I would get it!eek!

Elessar_Strider
dontgetit uh ok

Smodden
beter yet, why don't we play an rpg right here in this thread!...I mean we already have the title!

I'll be Gandalf.

Everybody else can choose a characteryes

shadowy_blue
I'll be Gimli! Jumpy

conway
i have the third age for Xbox..godam pi**ing me off! im at Helms Deep, and you have to go through like 4 battles without any rest or anything, and theres like 4 Uruks, when you kill one, theres 4 more replacments so you gotta kill 16 of em! thats just 1 battle! i get to the last battle but die cause you gotta fight the red uruks AND the trolls with just your normal characters without Gimli, Aragorn or Legolas! sad

Smodden
I feel your pain man.sad but trust me it gets worse after that.

conway
yea i know i been reading guides! sad hehe ..any1 got ne tips for getting through that fight?

Smodden
use 'morgul decay' to rid the trolls and orcs of their armor...

also keep Idrial on hand...so she can revive, or heal party memebers.yes

Julie
third age is definately a wonderful game

Nazgul_Slayer
The game was too easy... I beat it 2 fast to enjoy it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.