DC and Marvel heavy hitters! (warning lots of pics)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

USAgent
This really isnt a "vs" question, But after looking through abunch of different threads, I wanted to play out a mega battle with Freedom Force using some heavy hitters from DC and Marvel.

And just wanted to throw up some pics of the battle that unfolded and some results(of course these probably wouldnt be actual comic results since this is a video game and I set the battle so both teams are computer controlled)

So if its ok with the mod-Tron (whom is doing a fine job moderating these boards) on with the battle

on the Marvel side we have:
-Silver Surfer
-Airwalker
-Firelord
-Thor
-Beta ray Bill
-Gligamesh
-the Hulk
-Hyperion
-Overkill (he is a Guardian of the Galaxy villain who is a extremely powerful
version of Ironman)

on DC side we have
-Superman (of course)
-Bizarro
-Eradicator
-Cyborg Superman
-Black Adam
-Shazam
-Amazo (whom has superman's strength and durability,Flash's speed,Black Canary's sonic sttack,a power ring blast,Plastic man's streaching, and Supe's super breath)
-Martain manhunter
-Wonder woman (probably should of picked someone else)

The only combatant that couldnt fly was the Hulk so he had to either wait for someone to land or until someone got knocked out of the sky-then he pounded!
The computer Ai isnt smart enough to have him pick up a bus and launch it at someone.

USAgent
So on with the battle......
The Battle started out pretty good with the 9 vs 9 combatants I chose with the first 2 characters that met up were Airwalker and Amazo:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v34/USAgent/bb1.jpg
In which Amazo was met with a power cosmic blast before he knew it

Meanwhile around the corner.....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v34/USAgent/bb.jpg
In the background Eradicator tries to slow down the Hulk with a blast and as Bizzaro comes to help him he gets a dose of repulsors in his back!

Later...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v34/USAgent/bb4.jpg
Gilgamesh doesnt think twice about punching Wonderwoman in the back as Amazo and Firelord prepair to meet.

As the combatants take to the air..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v34/USAgent/bb3.jpg
Superman,Manhunter,and Shazam run for cover from a Surfer blast (but poor Cyborg Supes gets nailed)

This was a neat one..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v34/USAgent/bb2.jpg
Hyperion Blasts Manhunter with his nucular vision while Beta Ray sneaks up behind him....but,Beta ray doesnt know Manhunter can Phase and ends up on the receiving end of Hype's attack

which led to....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v34/USAgent/bb5.jpg
A weakened Bill getting knocked out by Black Adam

And still later in the fight...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v34/USAgent/bb6.jpg
The Manhunter (surprisingly) knocks down the Hulk and Cyborg tries to put on the finishing touches.

Wonder Woman was the first to fall overall, and Gilgamesh was the first to fall for Marvel. Superman and Cyborg ended up taking out the Hulk.
And in the End it was Superman against Surfer,Hyperion , and Airwalker.
Needless to say Clark went down pretty easy against those 3.

Sorry if I shouldnt of posted this here, I just thought it was kinda a neet battle that I wanted to show off

kgkg
marvel , will win they got cosmic charecters , surfer alone will take 3-4 heros on that DC list. Then we got thor an overkill.

Amazo will be hardest to take down.

David Duchovony
Where did you get that game from??? I must know.

USAgent
on side note, I know there were tons of other characters who could of been in this battle instead of some , but I just picked some random heavy hitter characters from my list of thousands.

and also Amazo actually might of been tougher here, but unfortunatly the game just isnt programed for characters to learn others powers, so I gave him some of the JLA's powers to see how he'd do

Oh and the game can be found in most of the video stores bargin bins now a days (its a few years old)......and you can even get it at Amazon.com for about 5 bucks!

but keep in mind all the Marvel and DC's characters dont come with the game, they are all downloaded from fan's sites

Scoobless
nice battle.......... do you think their comparable strength and power levels look about right from your experiance of the game?

Alpha Centauri
That game looks pathetically fun.

I must own it.

-AC

Tron
About how long did that whole fight take?

I'd get Freedom Force myself, but I know I don't have the proper video card to support it, and I'm too cheap to get one.

Oh, and why not try doing that with street-levels next time?

Scoobless
you could use it to see how many street level guys it takes to beat a more powerful guy

Swanky-Tuna
I think FFX has mimic and/or chameleon powers.

I set something similiar up. I had Surfer, John Stewart, Sinestro (me), Juggernaut, Superman, Thor, Wonder Woman, Onslaught, Doomsday, a T-Rex (seriously), Gladiator, and Wolverine (so he could die). Because of the way I had it set up, the match ended when I accidently landed next to Juggernaut and he KO'd me in one hit.

I used an add-on so you could give characters durabilty in direct "minus ## damage taken" and it took years to play out when I was Thor.

And for those who don't know, it's Freedom Force. There's a new one coming out soon though. It's supposed to be easier to add-on to I think.

Oh, and I do stuff like that all the time.
http://members.lycos.co.uk/zanpanzer/ants.jpg
And no, they didn't win.

Scoobless
well i didn't mean galactus................ lol

Tron
LMAO!!laughing out loud

Arachnoidfreak
That looks like an awesome game.

I need it.

long pig
how many wolverines would it take to defeat galactus...like a few million?

USAgent
That particular battle took about 30 minutes itself, when you just let the computer control all the characters the battles dont take as long as when your controlling them (you end up doing alot more planning and thinking)
And also my video card is severly underpowered for this game but for some reason it works just fine.......I think you can download the demo for free to see if your card can handle it.

Any certain characters or battles you guys wanna see played out?
You are allowed to have up to 29 characters per battle and the teams can be split up numerous amounts of ways like 28 vs 1 or even teams or like say "4 X men vs 4 Avengers vs 4 JLA members vs 4 Villains vs vs 4 teen Titans vs Doomsday" practicaly any combo scenario.

I think when you control the characters their streangth and power levels are more realistic, but when you let the computer AI take control, , there are a number of things it wont do (like automaticly using a force field when fired upon or having the Hulk rip a tree out of the ground and hurl it at a flyer) But for the most part the battle played out kinda like you would think

Yep I am aware of that add on, but the Mimic power doesnt work like Amazo's does, when You use the mimic power the character takes the exact form and powers of the character he mimics. And only that ONE character, so If Amazo would mimic Antman, he would look just like Antman and have only his powers.

But like I said if anybody has any certain battles they would like to see played out, ill take some pics of the battle and post the results.
And I have over 1,500 Marvel characters to chose from ranging from every last Avenger to the Living Tribunal down to some of the most obscure Marvel characters that no one knew existed..you name it I probably have it. But just to let ya know this game wasnt designed to create characters on the UBER cosmic level (Lt/Death/Eternity/Celesitles) Even though I have those guys there is no way to represent their powers.

oh and I only have about 100 DC characters. Im a big Marvel fan and only collected the MAIN DC heros and villains

srankmissingnin
Give us agency x vs heros for hire because it would be wicked

Swanky-Tuna
Well, the 24 Wolverines almost took out Surfer because my mouse got stuck. The first time I did Wolverines vs Galactus they did like 30 damage out of 400-something hitpoints before I killed them all by throwing them into the air and bouncing them off the "ceiling."

USAgent
I dont think I heard of agency X, who is in that group and who is all apart of heros for hire these days

Tron
laughing out loud

I'm gonna sleep with that thought in my head tonite.

And USAgent, why not try an all street-level battle and see how that goes?

Ironman
thats friggin awesome

GRIMM THING
USAgent - I have been thinking about getting a PC game for my computer but wasn't sure which to get. All I am really interested in at this time is DC and Marvel.

Can you tell me the name of the game and the sites to download the characters?

Thanks!

USAgent
The game is Freedom Force (with freedom force 2 coming out next month)

and here is a pretty huge list of sites pertaing to the game with all your downoading needs:
http://newpowerinc.com/Links_page.htm

our main forums: http://freedomreborn.net/phpbb/index.php

Sure thing, I just wasnt sure what characters you would like to see, and by "street level" you mean guys like Spidy,Cap America,Shang Chi,Ant man, Red skull?

Ill do a battle of a bunch of non flyers guys like those listed and post a new thread when I get home from work...

Im glad everyone enjoys the sceennshots, one of the reasons I did it was I know there are alot of good comic fans here that wasnt aware of a game like this

long pig
its pretty sweet....i downloaded it offa warez site and its pretty fun....i cant find a lobo character no where!! the AI is kinda off a lot of the time but ....its sweet as hell im glad you showed this to everyone

Napalm
That was retarted they made the hulk look like a pussy

USAgent
Thanks, Im glad you liked it, the game out of the box is pretty fun with its own characters and story , but it really opens up to greatness when you find all the cool fan made stuff for the game, like all the characters, different entire mods (adventures), advanced AI ect.... Just getting the game now some people will find the amount of add ons overwelming, but the people at FreedomReborn.com are extremly helpfull.

and if you want I can send you that Lobo character.

Im gonna go out on a limb here and say you havnt the slightest clue what your talking about ......Who made what Hulk look like that????
What hulk, the Grey Hulk, the Savage Hulk, Mr. Fixit, Patheon Hulk,2099 Hulk...there is about 50 different Hulks you can have for this game. So before you comment like that (with your cursing and all) Get a Clue

Tron
Alright USAgent, here's my little street-level list:

Marvel:

Captain America (of course)
Black Panther
Wolverine
Deadpool
Punisher
Bullseye
Daredevil
Elektra
Shang Chi

DC:

Batman (naturally)
Deathstroke
Prometheus
Green Arrow
Batgirl
Deadshot
Nightwing
Lady Shiva
Wildcat

Feel free to add or remove whoever you want.

Swanky-Tuna
Deathstroke will probably mess everybody up. The computer is not against pumping wristbombs into a crowd no matter who's in range of the knockback. And street level folk, knockback, and collapsing buildings don't mix.

Post pictures of the carnage.

Tron
Frikkin' sweet, now I really wanna see it.no expression

The Tick (the greatest superhero EVER) wouldn't happen to be downloadible would he?wink

GRIMM THING
well - I gave up on downloading the demo. did it twice only to find that I get the message that the game is incompatible with my computer upon opening the game. I have a one year old Dell with XP. I also then tried to download the patch only to find dead links.

Oh well. sad

grey fox
I MUST HAVE THAT GAME (Lol the galactus fire ants thing was really funny ) is there any sites where i can download it for free because i am skinter then skinty mcskintingson

long pig
i appreciate the thought...but i found it on a fansite.
i gotta aunt may char. fun to let spidey attack her...positively evvvvil

USAgent
Looking over your character list Tron, I noticed that a number of them were in my first fight as well smile But Yes,I can do this fight, but I dont think I have Prometheus, or Lady Shiva, Ill have to check, if not Ill repace them with other street level guys (I know they are available for the game but maybe I just didnt doenload them)

Oh, and also the Tick is Most definatly available for this game (there probablyis over 10,000 different characters for this game ranging from all the comic guys to movie characters (aliens and preditor) to cartoon guys (Homer simpson???)

grey fox

Maestro
Has anyone got a link to a demo of this or the full game?

Tron
Homer Simpson?!

Oh god, that's a must see. 20 Homers vs Wolverine, or Galactus.laughing out loud

Swanky-Tuna
You can get the demo from the site. And the full version is pretty cheap since the sequal is supposed to be coming out in like a month.

Be forewarned though. I've been hearing that most people with the XP service pack 2 can't play the game for some reason. I have it but all I get is the windows incompatability message, the game works fine for me.

Tron
I'll try it, but since I got Service Pack 2 also, I might have the same problem. Knowing my luck, I WILL have the same problem.

Swanky-Tuna
I'd say half the fun of the demo is replaying the first mission while trying to kill and destroy as much as possible.

Tron
Well, apparantly the server's maxed out right now, so I won't be downloading the demo til later tonite.

USAgent
Im pretty possitive there is no full free version of this game, its just to big and involved, you definatly need the "cd" to play the full version. And over at amazon.com Ive seen it for 4.99$

For those with "service pack 2" there are work arounds to play the game (also you can remove the pack as well). And the company is aware of the problem and is (supposably) working on a fix, but in the mean time visit the freedom force forums for the work around.

Oh, and Tron I didnt get a chance to get to my computer yesterday to play out that battle, maybe after work .....(wife permitting......)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.