Reasons the terrorists are terrorists

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KharmaDog
Pat Buchanan debated Natan Sharansky on Meet the Press and states what he believes is the cause for anti-American terrorism:

BUCHANAN: In my judgment, what happened on 9/11 was a result of interventionism. Interventionism is the cause of terror. It is not a cure for terror. The idea that the president of the United States, as he said in his inaugural, is going to help democratic institutions in every region in every nation on earth is a formula for permanent war, Tim. And look, the president of the United States has no constitutional authority to do this. Where in the Constitution do we get the right to intervene in the internal affairs of countries that do not threaten us and do not attack us?

BUCHANAN: The president of the United States was profoundly mistaken. He has misdiagnosed the malady. He has misdiagnosed the reason for the attack, Tim. The United States was not attacked because we are free. Bin Laden was not attacking the Bill of Rights. We were attacked because the United--over here because the United States' military and political presence is massive over there. Bin Laden in his fatwah, his statement of declaration of war on the United States, said the infidels were standing on the sacred soil of Saudi Arabia. They want us out of the Middle East. They don't care whether we have a separation of church and state.

MR. SHARANSKY: America was attacked because it is the leader of the free world and the world of terror where the values are very different. So it is a danger.....

BUCHANAN: We brought down the shah and we got the ayatollah. You bring down that Saudi monarchy, you destabilize that regime and Howard Dean, an Arab Howard Dean, is not going to rise out of the wreckage.

Any thoughts?

PVS
im scared that i actually agree with something Pat Buchanan said blink

KharmaDog
That's why I posted that, freaked me out too.

Napalm
Ohh come on terrorists are that way because they hate america end of story

KharmaDog
So why do they attack other countries too Napalm? Your reasoning is stunningly one dimensional and incredibly lame.

Napalm
Cause there violent and ignorent the only good terrorist is a dead one

finti
yeah US aint the only terrorist target in the world

KharmaDog
Funny, that is how many of them look at Americans. And the gigantic wheel of misunderstanding and stupidity continues to roll along. rolling on floor laughing

PVS
thank you for supplying yet more of your mindless catch phrases and
bringing zero thought to the table.

and if being violent and ignorant are what makes a terrorist a terrorist, i think you should report yourself immediately to the dept of homeland security.

Napalm
Yeah right osama is misunderstood roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
yeah look whos talking

Napalm
At least I dont fly planes into skyscrapers with innocent people in them

KharmaDog
No you just condone the killing of people who sole transgression is that they don't live in your country.

Napalm
Thats not why its cause they drew first blood

PVS
so you admit you are violent and ignorant.
not surprising. what i find shocking though is the pride
you exhibit in your ignorance.

finti
was aiming more on the ignorant part than the violent, which you obviously agreed on

PVS
and so we begin the dance, where napalm spew his excrament about how 'they' attacked us, meaning every muslem man wonam and child. no point in argueing with him, as he is a proud racist.

Napalm
I never said I was ignorent I said I was violent

finti
you dont have too

Linkalicious
Why work full time when you can terrorize people when ever you feel like?

Napalm
Why the hell are these idiots trying to defend scum like bin ladin?

finti
who is defending bin laden

Napalm
frankly I dont care why they try to bomb us I just want them to stop or die

finti
there is one part of the problem

KharmaDog
Failure To Understand Your Enemy's Mind Is A Devastating Weakness

PVS
ah yes and finally we come full circle.
--if you do not accept everything bush feeds you...you support bim laden.
yes napalm, you are right. since we believe there is more of an explanation
to why they attack then "they hate freedom"...we support bin laden.
good job.

Tex
Pat's saying what I've been saying all along.

Like Bin Laden said, if he wanted to attack a country for its freedom he would've attacked Sweden.

Sweden has more freedom and is more liberal than the United States. Many countries are.

America was attacked because of its atrocious foreign policy.

No one is excusing terrorist behaviour, we're understanding why it happened. So then maybe we can prevent it from happening again.

However, seeing as we have the most ignorant, misinformed, good judgement impaired Bush administration running the country, we're f ucked.

WindDancer
http://www.realchange.org/buchanan.htm

Miss_Faye
O.O whoa that is freaky first time i agree.....whoa...

KharmaDog
Wind Dancer, I agree that the guy is a toolfor the most part, but I was interested in what you thaought he had to say.

finti
one can always hope evil face

WindDancer
What he had to say maybe is his opinion or just said it to boost his popularity image. Either way I just don't think is easy to just summarize the reasons a terrorist might possess to attack a government. There are too many factors involved and plenty of politics behind them. So is not easy to pin point the problems. But you could look into the origins of the conflicts and sumarize certain ideas. Personally, this is far from being over. It might take years or even generations and the conflicts will still be there.

shaber
It's all good yes

manny321
bin laden is manic, lunatic, ******* however a very smart one never the less. He is a very smart man, and i doubt we will ever get him if we don't understand him.
Terrorism napalm is beyond your understanding. It is not only group of people but also an belief. To win the war on terror you must fight terror head on and also stop the factors that start terrorism in the first place. If you do not do that, you will be fighting for a very very long time in the middle east. This war will not won be by bombs only!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.