Most Frightening Horror Film?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jason_Krueger
If you vote for a different film that is not on the list then tell us what it is.

eggmayo
Dude, none of those are even slightly scary.
Where is Hellraiser, the Dead trilogy, 28 Days Later and other films that are not in rubbish series with the now tired baddies of Myers, Jason and Freddy?
The first or even second films in those series were good, but Friday 9th?
ANOES 6? RUBBISH.

SaTsuJiN
yeah I have to agree, the above are decent horrors, but nothing completely chilling. To be honest, I like 'elements' of each of the above but not the entire thing to cause me to vote for it. For some reason I still like how Day of the Dead had an entire city of zombies pouring down a 6 lane road... that was some awesome atmosphere

PissedOffGoalie
Canibal Holocaust

VENOMfan
well when I was about 7 or 8 and watched Silver bullet for the first time it scared the ever living crap outa me. other than that I know scary a movie. its they just dont get too me anymore. hopefully somthing new will come out that puts really fear back into the horror genre

SumWatTwisted
I was 6 when I watched Salem's Lot, and ever since then I thought that was the freakiest movie.

slayer
I don't get easily scared, but the scariest on the list is the shining

Bishop777
I watched it when I was five years old, and the first Nightmare on Elm Street was very scary. Recently, most movies aren't scary. They're either gory, creepy, or have startling moments. For instance, The Ring was really creepy, Freddy vs. Jason was really gory, and Signs had a lot of startling moments. But nothing that put the fear in my heart.

Play the Silent Hill series. Konami does not mess around, and those games will scare you more than most movies these days will.

Dario Argento
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

evilbitch
It is very hard for me to find a movie that actually is scary anymore. But when I was like 12 years old, The Exorcist scared the **** out of me for some reason. Not anymore, of course. The Ring had it's moments! A few others also.

VENOMfan
I know what you mean, and there making a silent hill movie

roundisfunny
I voted for "The Exorcist". It's still the champ, in my book, followed by "Salem's Lot" and "The Amityville Horror".

Also, it struck me funny that, although Stephen King intentionally misspelled "cemetery" for his novel "Pet Sematary", in this poll, an entirely new spelling of "Semetery" was invented (true to the spirit of the internet).

I thought that was "definatly" (or perhaps "defiantly"wink amusing.

Jason_Krueger
VENOMfan do you have info on the Silent Hill movie?

A Talking Dog
still hasn't come out yet. none of those are the least bit scary.

badkittykitty
it's funny my mom gave me that game and told me i had to play it(she loves video games)..then I couldn't play it when I was alone cause it scared the crap out of me! laughing out loud

Linkalicious
i lost sleep after watching The Exorcist the 1st time, granted i was about 10, but still....scared me half to death.

Topher123987
ya know i not skared of most movies the only movies ever that gave me nightmares were Poltergeist and childs play but it didnt last long
i first matach them at the age of three though since the age of 5 or 6 I have yet to find a movie that gives me nightmares

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.