Secondary Mutation

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mainstream
okay I know Emma Frost, Ice Man, Beast, Back Tom Cassidy (think) have had secondary mutations..who else and if one of your favorite mutants had secondary mutations what abilities would they get?

Fionnula
i think Angel has one... and Gambit's would be to chrage oragnic matter - how cool would that be... i think he's done that thoguh a few times

Mainstream
Gambit in his "true form" could not only charge up organic matter...he could also charge up stuff just be looking at it.

Fionnula
really? i kind of remember hearing about that from somewhere, would be cool if he did that in the movie

Mainstream
you want to see "full force Gambit" in the movie? hmmmmmm I never even thought of that...I kinda like him has regular gambit...New Son (Gambit in his full powered up form) would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too powerful.

Fionnula
maybe not full force, just kind of hints at his full strength, i think sometimes his power is overshadowed by the others

Mainstream
me too....Gambit does have the able to charge objects up with other parts of his body..not just his hands and he can delay charge which means stuff doesn't have to glow and explode time he touches it.

Fionnula
ya, it's kind of annoying the way he is underpowered in TAS, like he just has these sad little cards that don't do much

Mainstream
Agreed...once just once I wish he'd charge up his Staff and wack Wolverine..just once.

Fionnula
or just charge up the metal in his body

Mainstream
THe Ultimate verison of Gambit charged up the metal in his face.

Fionnula
and then shoved his staff into his mouth and blew it up...

i don't like his hair in that version, kind of wavy and just not right

Mainstream
yeah... Ultimate Gambit looks like a homeless ex rocker or something.

stormfront13
angel had a secondary mutation-i'm pretty sure it is that his blood can heal you which makes no sence to me. I wish storm would be able to turn into the elements of the storm, like the wind or lightning. That way she would be even more powerful. I also think storm should finally do some magic, all her female ancestors on her mothers side were able to and in the future she is able. I wish she would meet with dr. strange and he could teach her some magic, that'd be cool.

Mainstream
Storm being able to turn to weather....cool she could rename herself "the LIving Storm"

Fionnula
cool

pr1983
gambit did charge up logan once...

and yes angel has a secondary mutation...

Fionnula
they so have to do that in the movie

stormfront13
yeah I thought his blood could heal now.

Mainstream
have Gambit blow off Logans face...that'd be sweeeeeet.

stormfront13
yeah it would logan annoys me

Mainstream
not a logan fan huh? what would wolverine SM (secondary mutation) be?

pr1983
they won't, cos then someone would kill gambit...

Fionnula
true and that would be very bad sad

Mainstream
whatever Wolverine is under mind controll and he's forced to defend himself. then if he blow Logan face of you could say...he was defending himself and it's not like have Logan face blown off would kill him anyway.

pr1983
he cant blow his face off, he can only charge his skeleton, logan would not heal if his skeleton exploded...

stormfront13
what would his secondary wutation be

Fionnula
bigger sideburns?

Mainstream
I asked you guys and Punisher shot his face off and Logan...or James survived.

stormfront13
what??

pr1983
he can survive so much because his skeleton is invulnerable... if gambit explodes his skeleton he's dead...

Mainstream
I was talking about the whole "getting his face blown off thing" IN origin we learn Wolverine real first name is James..but he himself refused to be called that and goes by Logan..so technically I guess he's Logan now.

stormfront13
ok i get it now- can we get back on the subject with secondary mutation-just a thought huh

Mainstream
Indeed we can...I think Beast Secondary mutation sucks..he was cooler before we went all Simba.

stormfront13
yeah doesn't he have a healing factor too?

Mainstream
Beast had a healing factor before he went Blue kitty I heard him tell Wolverine that he could heal twice as fast as a regular person...thought that's nothing compared to Logan.

pr1983
beast has been slowly been mutating for years, its a gradual thing... sage just accelerated slightly...

stormfront13
I thought so. what is icemans sm

Mainstream
remains in Ice form...I seen him absorb water out of a lake and become a gaint and I think if his arms or legs get broke he can regrow them since they are no longer like a humans with bones and blood.

pr1983
he's slowly changing into living ice...

Mainstream
he's truly earned his codename.

stormfront13
yeah what should nightcrawler's sm be??

pr1983
he's also practically indestructable in ice form...

in a recent comic he was shattered, leaving only his head, he pulled moisture out of an enemy to reconstruct his body...

Mainstream
NIghtcrawler SM...hmmmmm I heard he could become invisible in shadows and Darkness...why not just give him the power to be invisible with or without having to be in darkness.

stormfront13
that'd be really cool. combine that with being able to teleport he'd be really hard to hit, almost impossible.

Mainstream
what about Havok..what kind of SM could he get? mabye an eye beam like his big bro maybe?

Zahit
HEY. Wouldn't it great if all the mutants got tertiary mutations?!?
They all suddenly grow a big red "S" on their chests!!!

stormfront13
what???

Mainstream
explain Zahit.

pr1983
#

havok is pretty powerful as it is...

maybe let him control his blasts...

Mainstream
doesn't he have more controll with his powers than Scott....no wait...at one point Alex had to wear special arm band to controll his powers..maybe he still does..I forget.

pr1983
he can control when he fires them, but not intensity...

Mainstream
seems he and his bro both have problems controlling their powers...not that I"m hating on them or anything..Rogue has a ton of problems and my fav Xman Gambit had to get Mr. Sinster to mess with his brain to get his powers under controll...you think it would be cool if Scott could controll his beam with out his Star trek the next generation visor on?

stormfront13
when he jumped out of the burning plane as a child he damaged a part of his brain that would let him control his powers. its like the on switch for his powers is always on

Mainstream
I know that..but what if he could controll it with out the aid of the visor?

stormfront13
then it'd be cool. I think that he should just wear glasses cause it makes him look cooler.

Mainstream
yeah...except at night...I mean unless your blind you don't need sunglasses at night

Zahit
I was being sarcastic.
I for one am tired of the whole "secondary mutation" thing.
Emma Frost now being able to turn to diamond????
Pretty soon Prof. X will be able to fly or some crap.
Nothing like ruining characters i've grown up on.

ayjay
i was thinkin about the 'super gambit' thing....and he would be uber powerful....he would be able to like.....wipe out countries with enough effort....he could like....destroy planets with enough power waaaaaaah

ayjay
SM for wolverine would be regeneration....like deadpool use to have....well that's my logic..since he already has the healing factor, the next step would be regenerate limbs etc....

SM for mystique would be hella kool...like she could replicate powers aswell as appearnace

stormfront13
then she'd be really powerful

Mainstream
Wolverine regrowing limbs...seems logical to me...SM seem to be the further evolution of that mutant's mutation. LIke Iceman being stuck in Ice form...which is pretty cool...forgive the pun.

stormfront13
I like the secondary mutation thing

gambitindaflesh
i was thinkin about the 'super gambit' thing....and he would be uber powerful....he would be able to like.....wipe out countries with enough effort....he could like....destroy planets with enough power waaaaaaah

Oh, yes, he could... ya know, be like a big SUN... ya know??? Right??? Gotta love that Super Gambit! bye the way everyone, this forum is hilarious, seriously, funny, funny, loving it. BUT you are going to have to pardon my big fat ignorance and please explain to me how ice man became an ice man since I don't know that story... also I think it would be nice to see Beast turn into a Big, blue puppy dog... really. No, I'de like a Wolverine with telepathic abilities, that might be interesting. ' I'm going to tear your ****** from your ***** and shred your *****, etc."

gambitindaflesh
Oh, yeah I didn't copy and paste properly and that first paragraph was written by some one else and I was trying to comment on it... okay?

gambitindaflesh
HA, Ha! You're so cute Mainstream! Natural killer of spiders, really laughing I'm not quite as frantic as this guy though (smiley)

Mainstream
ummmm okay....I like Venom and all but Scorpion is my fav spidey villian...hmmmm could Venom have a secondary mutation.....I know he's not a mutant but he's an alien freak...and that's kinda the same thing right?

Napalm
Does wolverines bones count as a second mutation?

Mainstream
you mean the fact that his natural bones are stronger than normal even before he got the adatiumum bonded to them....I think so. I heard bone claw Logans claws could cut though stone.

gambitindaflesh
Oh, I didn't know that, I figured he might be a little, I'm sorry about this, weak, since his extraction. I didn't know Venom was an alien, that's cool, I also don't know who Scorpion is as I don't know much apparantly. Well, I know a lot about Gambit, but that's not saying much, maybe you could fill me in there Mainstream give me the Comic 101 deal. Oh, yeah and no one helped me out with the ice man story. Got a thing for bones Napalm??? you know because of your bone monster image? not that funny really, I know.

ayjay
i dunno when or how ice-man evolved to his permanent ice form either....i'm so0o losted...cos stuff happens in uncanny, then carries on into X-men, and then argh!..iono....

stormfront13
I don't know either

gambitindaflesh
Mainstream knows, he'll tell us when he gets back on, won't you?

Mainstream
hopefully tell me what you what to know I've been reading Xmen books since the mid 90's if it happen between then and now....I'm sure I read about it or could find out.

gambitindaflesh
that would be nice.

Arcane
pr1983 knows, i think it has some thing to do with black tom ninja

gambitindaflesh
no, I think he said he didn't know. How come no one knows?

Mainstream
know what exactly...tell me tell me c'mon tell me already!!! pleeeeeese!

pr1983

Mainstream
that's a great briefing...I hope Iceman grows his hair back soon...the iceman with hair looked more evolved than the baldy the one.

Arcane
see i was right, pr did know

Mainstream
I knew too...I think

gambitindaflesh
Oh, well, did he ever... so ice man was could change to ice before this incident but now has a problem turning into flesh? is that right?

pr1983
pretty much yeah...

stormfront13
I think that shadowcat should get a secondary mutation- what would it be anyway??

pr1983
invisibilty would be a natural evolution i suppose...

though i'm not sure she needs one...

stormfront13
I think she should be able to turn diamond hard- like being able to turn intangiblr to the complete opposite by becomg like hard as steel or something- is she immune to telepathic or telekinetic attack while intangible??

pr1983
not sure at all actually...

but emma and colossus have the whole organic armor thing... its been done...

stormfront13
I know but the opposite thing of intangiblr is like really tough or somethin, I don't know how to put it, but it makes sense to me thatshe should be able to turn super dense.

pr1983
maybe... though i still think its been done...

stormfront13
yeah i guess invisibality would be good for her.

ayjay
yes i agree

ayjay
wat would colossus second mutation be?

KurtWagnersgirl
Where did everyone go?

stormfront13
idk wht his should be
maybe to fly??

gambitindaflesh
everyone left because we couldn't think of an answer... sure, fly. Okay, stumped.

gambitindaflesh
to the Colossus thing I meant.

stormfront13
idk if he really needs a secondary mutation?? He seems strong enough as it is and it seems that nothing would fit, maybe a danger sense or heightened senses or maybe even a healing factor in case anything ever hurt him cause I think that really hot things can hurt him.(not really sure)

gambitindaflesh
Ooo, he could melt and take another shape like that Terminator 2 thing!

stormfront13
yeah thats what i was goin for lol( I think)

ayjay
o0o...thats a good one...liquid metal...that would be the koolest....that way....nothing could pierce him....

pr1983
i'd rather see him become adamantium or something...

ayjay
but isn't he already as tough as adamantium? wasnt there a bit where he asked wolverine to slice him and nothin happened?

Mainstream
Wolverine SM...the ability to come back from the dead up to 5 times per day or something...boost his healing factor up to a godly like level.

pr1983
he is pretty durable... i just wanna convince the fanboys he's that durable stick out tongue

wolverine's is pretty high as it is... he survived a nuke didnt he?

gambitindaflesh
Wow, I never saw that nuke story. He survived having the adimantium torn out of his body, I think he is probably close to impossible to kill. He will never die!

pr1983
he can drown...

ScarletSpider
For Shadowcat's, I understand what you meant, stormfront. You want her, like Vision, to be able to control her entire density, both for becoming intangible, and for being diamond hard. Personally, I don't really think she needs one. Not all mutants can have super-lethal awesome razorsharp badass powers, when people get caught up in trying to make mutants super-lethal awesome razorsharp badasses, we wind up with ArcAngel. Regular Angel is the way to go (and I like his healing power, it actually makes sense in the context Austen gave him)

Wolverine surviving the nuke happened in the crappy Venom Tsunami series, take it, not with a grain of salt, but with a pound of salt.

I don't mind Iceman's secondary mutation, though I think it's kind of stupid, he was powerful enough originally. As long as he grows some icehair, it'll be okay though, he just looks stupid when he's bald, imo.

Mainstream
Iceman needs Ice hair...agreed what about Angel...I miss the metal wings am I alone on this?

gambitindaflesh
Aww, NO, I love the bald ice man, come on, he looks great. I liked the metal wings, but the authentic ones are beautiful too, they are both great but they give off a completely different feeling. It would be cool if he could change his soft, sweet, gorgeous wings into hard, sharp, metal, lethal wings when he got pissed or was ready for action!!

stormfront13
I think that would be cool_ I think that archangel should be able to shoooooot his feathers out of his wings like daggers, That be really sweet!!

ayjay
o0o so a combination of arch and original.....razor shard feathers....that would be kool..

personally...i like the iceman that was human..and temporarily transformed....being bald and shiny...reminds me of silver surfers...especially since iceman ice-surfs his way around

pr1983
angel's offensive capability has suffered since regaining his feather wings, but i prefer the look of the feathers...

iceman bald looks pretty sweet, but in aoa with the hair he looked pretty cool too... i don't know which is better...

Mainstream
the one with hair...shows he'd evolved.

pr1983
not neccessarily, it seems more to do with vanity or the artists whim...

Mainstream
I see but in all the future based story lines he seems to have ice hair.

gambitindaflesh
I don't recall ever seeing the ice hair... Pr can you whip up a pic? you're good at that! big grin

pr1983
i have to go, but i know i have one somewhere...

platinumx
I remember when Iceman was funny and a joker, his seondary mutation made him become an ass. I think ice hair would really cheer him up =)

pr1983
iceman with hair:

http://ultimatecomics.free.fr/xmen/images/aoa/AoA_X-men_02.jpg

Mainstream
Age of Apoc Iceman right?

MindReeper01
I think Colossus should be able to turn anything that he touches to metal at will.

ayjay
o0o like a midas touch thing goin on....kool

o0o heey..i know this myt be a bit off topic...but i promise i'll get back on topic....
u know spike from x-men evo?....was he ever in comics?? or is he just a rip off of marrow?

ayjay
wait...never mind....i just serached him on da net..he is from the comics....ma bad

stormfront13
i don't know how there can be a spike cause storm was an only child, and hes supposed to be storms nephew right??

ayjay
i dunno...maybe they stuffed his heritage in da cartoon..but i've seen comci pics of him on da net

Mana4X2
Can someone please explain Black Tom's secondary mutation to me please? His is just plain confusing to me. laughing out loud

Oooooh, and I so wish I could draw like that, Ayjay! Nice job!

Catch ya,
Mana

stormfront13
yeah black tom is confusing to me too someone please explain

pr1983
he lost his powers but regained them, they were removed and it seems his secondary mutation forced them to return...

stormfront13
ok pr ur so smart u know everything

pr1983
theres alot i dont know... am just trying to help...

stormfront13
ok well it was a compliment lol

Jimmy Buggs
Colossus should be able to change his for with his metal skin, like spikes on his fists or like razor shard edges, arms turn into clubs or whatever.

if wolive had a SM I think he would turn more animal like.

stormfront13
I wish storm could get one

ayjay
i rekon..if storm ever evolved more...she would probably be able to direct;y control the four elements...fire, water, earth...and wind(wghich comes under the weather thing i guess)....heheh she sounds like captain planet now ^__^

Jimmy Buggs
well at least earth quakes and volcanos. I dont know about creating fire and water, and doesnt she already control the wind?

stormfront13
yeah but she controls te elements of the storm so why not the elemts of the earth?? or maybe she could turn into the elements os the storm, like lightning body, or turning into wind

Mana4X2
Whoa! Now that would be something to see! eek! She already looks awesome when she uses her lightning abilities. Imagine how cool she'd look able to turn completely into it! WOW!

Mana

Mainstream
"The living Storm"

Mana4X2
eek! WAY COOL!

Mana

Mainstream
Indeed....I want to see gambit reach his full power too...again.

Mana4X2
What is his full power? I'm only new to the character. Care to share, cos that guy is my fav. love

Mana

Mainstream
New son Gambit is a verison of Gambit who has his full power...regular gambit had mr. sinster experiment on his brain so gambit could controll his powers better....so basically the classic card throwing gambit...is a weak verison of the character.

pr1983
new son is an alternate gambit, there is no way to know if he could actually be that powerful...

and writers have messed about enough already with him beating gladiator...

Mainstream
indeed pr.

Jimmy Buggs
but new sun is gone now, he was just a stupid twish to give new life to a character, gambit will never become the new sun becuse of the brain thing.

Mainstream
hmmmm.

pr1983
i dont think he could be new sun, i think it was just some writer praising his character...

Mainstream
maybe.

pr1983
i mean the amount of writing f*ck ups are unreal, logan surviving a nuke, gambit beating gladiator, aoa and onsluaght have some abysmal writing...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>