Die Hard 4

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ToMacco
Bruce Willis once said he was gonna make Die Hard 4. So where the hell is it? Now he says he's never gonna make another action movie again. Why can't he make up his mind?

LanceWindu
Who know's why he can't make up his mind. I don't really care if they make a Die Hard IV or not. I never really got into the original three anyways.

ToMacco
I thought the first three were pretty good.

Texas
First one was great, second one sucked!!!!!!! Third one was watchable, doubt there will be a 4th one roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ushgarak
If there is, I wonder if it will actually be a Die Hard movie from the start this time, rather than another idea that Die Hard hijacked? Not that they did a bad job with III.

King Jedi
What do you mean? confused

ToMacco
I think he means Die Hard With A Vengeance.

Originally, it wasn't Die Hard. But the makers noticed some similarities, and just made a few changes and it became Die Hard 3.

Ushgarak
The book Die Hard II was based on was not a Die Hard book.

III, as To says, was rather more distinct. The idea for the story 'Simon Says' had been going around for some time, and at some point someone noticed that it could VERY easily be a Die Hard movie what with the central character being so similar., and it didn;t take much re-working before it was born anew.

ToMacco
I know what they could do for a fourth Die Hard.

McClane gets dropped into Afghanistan!

FLIPMODE
If they did it the right way, it might work. If Bruce drops the ball On Die Hard, he's a fool. And on action, he's a fool.

DH 1 was the bes, then 2, then 3, Only because Mctiernen has a sligh problem with special effects. And needs to bring it up a notch, for these times.

I dont Like how, in his thrid appearance, Mctiernen, Diminishes the histor of Mclean a bit, by, splitting him up with his Wife AGAIN!! Used an Association to Hans, Like Mclean cant be in ANY OTHER types of Die Hard Situations.

Eventhough action wise, 3 was good, it with just 1&2 they both had a better chance of keeping it more of a series. But 3 kind of hurt it. What about his kids?? He has kids.

My Idea for the Die Hard Series is, they should use the Character of John Mclean, in another movie, where John can be Seen in another setting besides Die Hard. Just so we can see him live out his day by day Functions of how he is as a cop. This movie would also give him, and the Audience a chance at, working on his terrible relationship with his wife. THIS MOVIE WOULD NOT BE LABLED "DIE HARD", yet another title. It can even be about something else, like a homocidal killer. A long Case, not One Day of action.
Then after this movie, they can make ONE MORE "Die Hard" Movie, to end ALL Die Hard's. It would be in one Day, just like the Other's, but perhaps he dies this time, But in the Hardest way. This way, he would save the day..AGAIN, but also cause much sympothy for him, just like he did in armageddon.

You see, for him to just shrug off a great character, (THAT HIS ACTING STYLE CREATED) that has been copied by EVERY other action film, would be a waste. If he want's to end the action series, he should work on Ending it With some diginity.

ToMacco
There was a story they were going to use for another Die Hard.

McClane is in a helicopter with some of his cop buddies. Somehow, as they always seem to do in movies, the copter crashes. And the whole movie was about how he and his friends escape from the jungle. There was to be no guns, no explosions.

Why they don't do this, I have no idea. That sounds pretty damn cool to me! It was to be called "Die Hard Again"

FLIPMODE
Yes, ToMacco, I heard of that one too. It was supposed to be set in South America.

ToMacco
THey should make it, because I'll buy the ticket.

ToMacco
Okay, how reliable is this source? They've been talking about a fourth Die Hard for about 8 years.

Are they gonna do it, or not? They need to stop playing with my emotions.

Tex
Part 2 and 3 were plain pants.
Would anyone really want to see another one?

ToMacco
Ah, yeah. Me.

Fire
according to yerss, this is a reliable story.

I sure hope they do, and they need to keep samuel L jackson in it, he was good, all die hards are good the first one was the best but 3 wasn't bad either

Bad Boy
Who would you like to see direct?

Thomas H
bruce wants antoine Fuqoa or something to do it!
And i can confirmed that Bruce has signed!

Tex
Oh God!
Sam Jackson will probably sign too.
He's been making stinker after stinker lately.
No reason to stop nowroll eyes (sarcastic)

Bad Boy
I would like to have John McTerian, Michael Bay or ummmmmmm Brett Ratner directing it.

Or I could direct it........

Tex
Whoose John McClane gonna go after in this one?
Hans Grubers cousin??roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bad Boy
Could be his son.

I could play his son..............

ToMacco
They better not have that sugar *** Michael Bay direct this one. I'll start slapping people.

Tex
start by slapping Bay's sugar **** stick out tongue

ToMacco
Honestly, look at Pearl Harbor. That would have been such a great movie if it had been handed over to a competant director, instead of that choppy film half-wit.

Tex
Yup
But we already have a thread to bash Bay.
Let's just try to bash Die Hard Poor in this one, OKsmile

ToMacco
I hope it wouldn't be poor.

I don't think Willis will sign a contract to make a shitty Die Hard movie. He said he doesn't want to ever make another action movie, so I think he will be real picky about the script.

And I'm positive that he will be a part of the script selection process. They can't make the movie without him.

Fire
We need another good hardcore action movie, willis can surely give us that with the right director (I still think ridley scott makes pretty good commercial movies) and well samuel jackson would be good in it for the jokes, still think the guy's comments were hilarious

Tex
We have 2 good hardcore action movies on the way: Matrix!
I dont need another Die Hard crap movie.

Fire
matrix is another style than die hard
the matrix, is awesomely cool fighting, but it ain't exactly like shooting out someone's kneecaps which I'll always remember from Die Hard 1

mah
matrix is lame. the fights have been outdone after The MAtrix and the story and acting was weak

Fire
well mah I disagree about the story; the acting I never notice anywayz.
and the fighting, everything which is similar to the matrix which was done after it ain't half as good as the original matrix

mah
sure it has. the fighting choreograph that did those fights made much better ones for Crouching Tiger,... the only thing special with Matrix was that bullet-time effect. which everyone uses nowadays. the new matrix'es has to do something special to be anything other than mediocre.

finti
and crouching tiger are but just learners if you watch Jackie Chans choreographing

mah
jackie chan fights cant be compared, its TOTALLY different styles of fighting.

finti
actually they are both based on Kung Fu.
But the JAckie Chan is meant to be humerous, so they must be even harder to choreograph.

mah
why? slapstick isnt any harder than elegance

finti
you dont think Jackie Chans fighting is elegance tehn you really need to watch them again. And watch him fight with stiks, chairs what ever. He is incredible

mah
yes, but you say its harder because they're making it funny, and I can't see why.

finti
I mean the fighting part especially oriental fighting is meant to be real serious business. Making them funny kind of mocks the serious stuff and must have met huge resistance in the "inner"circles. Even Bruce Lee never got accepted and to me he looks plain compared to JC and those of crouching tigre. Hated the flying part there

mah
it was nice and stylish.
bruce lee is as good as jackie

Fire
I still think the visual fighting effects of the matrix beat CTHD but that's MY opinion

Mujaffa
you could play his fascha, with very toigth pants laughing

ToMacco
Anyway, back to Die Hard.

I think they should put McClane back in a situation where he is trapped somewhere. I liked Die Hard III the least (but it was still a good movie).

They should put McClane in the jungle or something (which I think was the origninal idea for it). Or have him in Italy, or some forein country.

Or how about The Mall of America? That would be sweet.

Fire
Nha, if they'd let me choose I'd trap him in a school that'd be neat, tho making that a credible story, so well somewhere abroad would be nice, like BELGIUM for ones

finti
oh yeah let an urban cop loose in the jungle roll eyes (sarcastic) he fit right in there.

Fire
lol well why not, it'd be fun

ToMacco
exsactly

Myndon
They Should make McClane blow up some stuff like a big train or something

finti
or himself to end these DH movies

BackFire349
die hards suck.

finti
first one was good

BackFire349
generic action movie.

finti
still, yippikahey

BackFire349
zoobey zooooo

Fire
well I still think DH is nice for no-mind full action movies, with hilarious quotes

BackFire349
i prefer speed.

zimbo
i prefer xxx

Julie
Haven't they made enough Die hard movies....the first was good the second I didn't see and the third wasok...it's not like we're talking star wars here!

ToMacco
They are great movies. Of course they should make another one.

pablo007
20th Century Fox has hired Mark Bomback to write Die Hard 4, which centers on the continuing adventures of rogue hero John McClane. Pending approval of the script, Bruce Willis would return in the role and produce through his Cheyenne Productions.

Bomback wrote the upcoming Godsend, starring Robert De Niro, for Lions Gate Films. The scribe also worked with Cheyenne on Reunion, The Tourist and Me Again.

Fox envisions the film as a tentpole that could resume the franchise.

ahaetrkarykl
i heard a rumor that brittany spears was going to play bruce willis's daughter in die hard 4. someone please tell me this isnt true

RavenNightstar
Hey everyone! It's going to happen, finally! YEAH, BRUCE IS BACK! I love the first 3, the 3rd one being my absolute favourite!

The only downside of this, is that it is rumoured that Britney Spears will play his daughter! GAWD, I really hope not!

As I was going to St-Yves, I met a man with seven wives.
Every wife had seven sacks;
Every sack had seven cats;
Every cat had seven kittens;
Kittens, cats, sacks & wives...
How many were going to St-Yves?

WindDancer
Yeah I was reading this the other day. I heard rumors that it was going to be Jessica Simpson as John's daughter. And I heard is going to be titled Die Hard 4.0

RavenNightstar
WindDancer - Well, the title isn't that bad, and I would prefer Jessica Simpson to Britney Spears! Ack, Britney makes me so stinking mad...

OB1-adobe
Check this:

http://www.killermovies.com/d/diehard4/articles/4895.html

I had no idea

Tex
They should've stopped at part I. roll eyes (sarcastic)

RavenNightstar
Yep, knew that! Bruce Willis has wanted to do it for some time now!

I think all three were good, the 3rd being my favourite!

As I was going to St-Yves,
I met a man with seven wives.
Every wife has seven sacks,
Every sack had seven cats.
Every cat had seven kittens,
Kittens, cats, sacks & wives,
How many were going to St-Yves?

forumcrew
no way die hard trilogy is awesome.

he said so far this is the first script that fox has actually liked

bakerboy
Bad idea, with three movies is enough.

movie_god
Can Willis still deliver the goods? lets face it, he's not what you would call young

The Tired Hiker
The first one was classic. The second was good. The third sucked blue whale, the largest mammal in the world. erm

forumcrew
Hostage should give us a good idea of whether hes still got it or not as well as sin city perhaps

forumcrew
More From Bruce on Die Hard 4.0
Source: Empire Online
February 23, 2005

Empire Online caught up with Bruce Willis and tried to get more out of him regarding the Die Hard 4.0 script. "Doug Richardson, who wrote Hostage, took a shot at Die Hard 4.0 and it's a good idea. The script will be done by summer and they want to shoot it in the fall. McClane's retired, he's not a cop anymore," said Willis.

But we knew all that already, so the magazine asked for more. "It's completely different from the other three films. The only one of the other three films that I thought had any merit to it was the first one. Actually, in the third one I think Sam Jackson's work was really strong."

They asked what the significance was of the 'point-oh' in the title. "Well, it has something to do with computers..."

Sadako of Girth
The original Die Hard a generic action movie...? Sure it might seem generic now,
Because of the copycats....! -one of the more notiable copycats BEING 'Speed'.... (All be it one of the better ones.) The only true Die-hard predecessor of note(Taking into account the factors of The 'trapped' element, the 'bodycount' element the 'not perfect but well, identifiable-with central character' and various other factors )has to be
'First Blood' or 'Lethal Weapon' IMHO (The latter sharing a lot in production admittedly including Micheal Kamen's soundtrack.....)

Surely you wouldn't say that Star wars for example was that generic when everything copied Star wars in the late 70s ('Battlestar Galactica' and 'Buck Rodgers' and 'Battle beyond the stars' etc).....?

And yes im aware of its 30's Buck Rodgers/Flash Gordon irony of it all.... But I would hope you know what I mean..... wink

Oh well, I just hope that whatever they do that they make it soes at least not to murder the original sprit of the original Die Hard which for me was the great thing there....... By the way. Any serious fans should check out the original Walter Wager book of it as then you'll see a nastier grittier end and plot events and flow throughout that'll keep you gripped and give you extra and sometimes controvening views of who McClane was meant to be...... It's interesting stuff.....

A4E
the first three movies were awsome, but if there is a IV DH I highly doubt it'll be as good as the other three

RZA
This is bull crap! this is another classic example of Hollywood's greed. The truth behind this is that Willis really didn't want to make another Die Hard film he was content with it just being a trilogy and a good trilogy at that one of the few good trilogies out there IMO and one that really finished strong with the third installment but I read awhile back that what happened was that the FOX execs basically blackmailed him in to doing this.

A while back I remember reading there was a film he was trying to get made and nobody really wanted to touch it. He couldn't get any backing at all for it, I'm pretty sure it was 'Tears of the Sun'. So the studio execs finally found a way of blackmailing him into doing it.

The title of this movie was the subtitle for a Die Hard 4 project the studio was making. The project needed work and 'Bruce Willis' told the studio he would commit to Die Hard 4 if he could use the title for this movie.

So you see, he was really forced into it, what a bunch of crap, they're gonna ruin a perfectly good trilogy, dammit man, will they ever stop!....arggggg...mad

eleveninches
The 3rd film was the best, and the 2nd film was the worst.
DH:WaV Rocked!!!

RZA
No, he really didn't want to do it.

I enjoyed the trilogy as well, it's one of my favorites and the 3rd one was my favorite as well. I don't understand how a few people think part 3 sucked, how can you go wrong with a cast like that, Jeremy Irons, Sam Jackson and Bruce Willis and they all gave strong performances, I mean c'mon.

Oh and for those that haven't figured that little riddle out by now the answer is 1 . stick out tongue

Sam Jackson: No wait...I forgot about the man.

Bruce Willis: What man? f**k the man we got 10 seconds left!

hehe.... big grin

A4E
the third was pretty good!!
the second was good too, the building one right?
the first one kicked ass too... very interesting big grin

Sadako of Girth
1st:The Building
2nd:The Airport
3rd:NY city in the summer smile

ladygrim
ive never seen the second one but i liked the others...

A4E
Id say the second one (airport) is the worst one...yet

Fire
lol personally I like it the most

Sadako of Girth
Damn You Renny Harlinnnnnnnnnnnn....!!!!!!! mad
laughing

The uncut version is better and much more enjoyable though....

A4E
what no way!!

the third one was the best IMO

Sadako of Girth
I've always preffered the original myself.....

lordofwar
According to "The Hollywood Reporter", Underworld director Len Wiseman is going to direct the 4th "John McClane" movie. Mark Bomback (Constantine) and Doug Richardson (Bad Boys) are working on the script.

Gornack
The first one is still the greatest action movie ever made, IMO.

Losty
Originally posted by Tex
First one was great, second one sucked!!!!!!! Third one was watchable, doubt there will be a 4th one roll eyes (sarcastic)

bah get a clue
all where great
2nd was greeeeeat! Happy Dance

-Tired Hiker-
I liked the third one the least. The second one was not bad at all, but the first one is the greatest action movie ever made.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.