Can anyone...?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnoidfreak
Can anyone list all the Superman rip-offs? So far I got Hyperion, Captain Marvel(original), Gladiator, and Supreme. There's this other guy, but I forget his name, he wore a yellow sleeveless costume with a red cape, and had too many muscles. He was more of a parody than a rip-off, and was from a lesser known comic book company. Acclaim Comics I think. Maybe Chaos! Comics.

Anyway, list them here.

Maestro
Sentry

ScarletSpider
Prime. Although I think he was more a ripoff of Captain Marvel, as with being a kid and everything, but the powers were the same more or less. Apollo from Authority. The original Wonder Man, published by some old omics company. The laws were different at the time, and the courts ordered the company to cease and desist, and then pay reparations, that's how blatant of a ripoff he was.

Arachnoidfreak
YES. PRIME. From Malibu Comics! That's it! I used to love that guy.

Scarlet Spider, you rock ass.

Tron
Ummmm, that doesn't sound right.no expression

ScarletSpider
I was thinking the same thing...you're welcome Arachnoidfreak, but you can keep your...erm...compliment.

Prime is cool though, Marvel owns all the Malibu stuff. Wish they'd do something with it.

The Flash
Mr. Majestic.

Arachnoidfreak
They are. I read somewhere that a Prime movie is in the works.

Khellendros
Omni Man from Invincible.

crazyspinz
Supreme, i think he is image or dark hosre, im not sure

MERCILOUS
Supreme is kind of a rip off of Superman and Marvel's Thor. Remember he later carries a hammer.

Does anyone remember the recent one that marvel made up. It was called Super Powers or something and it was basically a "What If" Superman landed in Russia instead of the states and was a soviet tool.

DarkCrawler
"Red Son"

But wasn't it DC?

dami wilson
NEO from Matrix! That made me laugh so much in the theatre my friend got pissed off! The way he flew with his hand in front of him and going super speed made me wish I could put an S on Neo's chest!

Arachnoidfreak
"Superman: Red Son" was DC. It was an Elseworlds Comic. and yes, I already mentioned Supreme, and he's from Image comics.

tremerearchon
Hyperion- Marvel Max
Supreme- Awsome comics
suprema- awsome comics
kid supreme-Awsome comics
Tallos- Awsome comics
Radar the dog supreme- Awsome comics
Prime- Malibu/ Marvel comics
Mr. Majestic- Wildstorm comics
Ultra man- DC Earth-2
Preus- DC
Superboy-DC
supergirl-DC
supergirl2-DC
supergirl3-DC
Krypto the superdog- DC
Streaky the supercat- DC
Comet the superhorse- DC
Captain Marvel- DC
Captain Marvel JR.- DC
Mary Marvel- DC
Black Adam- DC
Justice (from new warriors and avengers)- Marvel
WonderMan-Marvel
General Zod- DC
Captain Marvel(Mar-Vell)- Marvel Comics
Captain Marvel(genis)- Mavel comics
Captain Britain-Marvel comics
Marvel Boy- Marvel Comics
the Sentinel- Marvel Comics
Gladiator-Marvel
Martian Manhunter- DC
Vision- Marvel
Red Tornado- DC

That's just off the top of my head.
let me know if I missed anyone

Mainstream
their was a guy name Icon for DC I think and the Sentry...but list covered just about everyone

ayjay
wow..thatsalot of rip-offs...so much for orginal thought in the comic industry...this makes me marvel (pun not intended) at stan lee's work

Paola
Superman forum...

Zod4Life
Captain Marvel was never a rip-off of Superman.How can he be a rip-off of Superman if he doesn't even have all of his powers?And besides,Billy Batson changes into Captain Marvel way differently than Clark Kent changes into Superman.Captain Marvel from DC COMICS is way different from Superman and they really aren't alike in any way.Superstrength,flight,and superspeed has been used on so many characters so if that's why you listed him as a rip-off of Superman,then you mine as well say ever superhero is a rip-off of Superman.

Zod4Life
Originally posted by tremerearchon
Hyperion- Marvel Max
Supreme- Awsome comics
suprema- awsome comics
kid supreme-Awsome comics
Tallos- Awsome comics
Radar the dog supreme- Awsome comics
Prime- Malibu/ Marvel comics
Mr. Majestic- Wildstorm comics
Ultra man- DC Earth-2
Preus- DC
Superboy-DC
supergirl-DC
supergirl2-DC
supergirl3-DC
Krypto the superdog- DC
Streaky the supercat- DC
Comet the superhorse- DC
Captain Marvel- DC
Captain Marvel JR.- DC
Mary Marvel- DC
Black Adam- DC
Justice (from new warriors and avengers)- Marvel
WonderMan-Marvel
General Zod- DC
Captain Marvel(Mar-Vell)- Marvel Comics
Captain Marvel(genis)- Mavel comics
Captain Britain-Marvel comics
Marvel Boy- Marvel Comics
the Sentinel- Marvel Comics
Gladiator-Marvel
Martian Manhunter- DC
Vision- Marvel
Red Tornado- DC

That's just off the top of my head.
let me know if I missed anyone

Dude,Martian Manhunter isn't any where near like Superman.Streaky and Comet and Krypto are supposed to be like Superman.Streaky and Comet maybe,but not Krypto.Krypto came from Krypton so he's supposed to have powers like Superman.General Zod is a villain so he definantely can' be a rip-off of Superman.Black Adam is a rip-off of Captain Marvel but I like them both.You're kind of off with your list because those characters are different from Superman.What next?I guess someone's going to say Spider-Man is a rip-off of Superman too,huh?

Laminator_X
The High, from Stormwatch-"Change or Die"
Power Girl from DC (I miss Sovereign 7)

Fanboy
http://www.greatkrypton.com/superman/micro.php?gallery=wannabes this is all the real Superman wannabes

superr
The british take MARVELMAN 1954-1963, was taken back to the states in the 90s as MIRACLEMAN

Endless Mike
How is Red Tornado a ripoff of Superman?

ragesRemorse
you are all forgetting about Jesus Christ

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.