Tom Hanks Movies: Which is the best?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PunkyTurtle101
JW.....WHAT DO U GUYS THINK IS THE BEST TOM HANKS MOVIE? I CAN'T DECIDE....

SnakeEyes
where the hell is BIG!!!

fanatos
That will be THE TERMINAL. You should have included Catch Me If You Can though.

Jeff-Man
what about toy story!!

ragesRemorse
money pit

Norma Jean
Catch Me If You Can

forumcrew
his best acting job? the best done film? or our favorite?

Red Superfly
BIG!

Cinemaddiction
"Cast Away", IMO. But voice talent wise, "Toy Story", naturally.

RavenNightstar
Good question! There's a different answer for all three for most people.

His best acting job must have been Forrest Gump! The best done film would have to be Saving Private Ryan. As for my favourite, it's a toss up between Forrest Gump (god, I love that movie) or Money Pit! I couldn't stop laughing at the part where he's stuck in the floor, making airplanes out of dollar bills! laughing That, and the bathtub going through the floor! eek!

Poor man!

MildPossession
Road to Perdition, Splash, The Money Pit, Turner and Hooch, The Burbs(one of my favourites), Philadelphia are some I like.

Drumdude1167
I chose Forrest Gump, but i cant wait to see him in The Davinci Code, or i think hes the guy thats going to be in it

WindDancer
Forrest Gump is his most famous role. But I'll say Road to Perdetion was his best film.

baracustastic
Gump

botankus
I'm shocked Apollo 13 even made it as one of the poll choices. I would have been less surprised if all five choices were The Terminal.

PunisherFan33
tom hanks was the shi* in SAVING PRIVATE RYAN

Myth
I chose Gump but Cast Away is a close 2nd.

Abbita
i like the green mile big grin

Myth
Where's the Ladykillers?

BlondeBombshell
I totally agree, he was just MAGNIFICENT in Road to Perdition. I really love that film. Tom Hanks was so good in that. He is really great though in everything. A great actor.

Also, I did LOVE Sleepless in Seattle... I am a chick...

KillTheLight
Big.... followed closely by Forest Gump

PunkyTurtle101
for all of u wondering why i didnt put his other movies in the poll......
u know i put the choice "other" 4 a reason... there are too many movies to list...

Myth
Good, otherwise I would have called you gay.

Solo
Saving Private Ryan, and Forrest Gump

Wolfie
Forrest Gump, Big, Cast Away, The Terminal.

manny321
Forrest gump, apollo 13, cast away, saving private ryan then terminal. IF you count voices toy story is one his best!

kanis
alien Mine would have to be Forest Gump and Apollo thirteen because they are both good movies and Toy story one and two are one of the best things he has ever done.

Jackie Malfoy
I would say "Money Pit" and "Vocteers" and "Spash!"JM

Piggle Humsy
BIG!

golden moon
all his films are fantastic! I love his acting! I watched the terminal yesterday wow he was great!

bakerboy
One of the most talent actors today. Its very difficult to choice, but ill said forrest gump. With saving private ryan in a close second.

SlipknoT
Forrest Gump, Cast Away, Saving Private Ryan, The Burbs

Thoma5
Saving private ryan

Lydia_J
Forrest Gump is the best one, and although I dont like Castaway there is very good acting in it, it makes me cry when he loses the volleyball thing.

cgtuna21
Saving Private Ryan and Forrest Gump are his bests
Others:
Toy Story 1&2
Cast Away
Road to Perdition
Big

dizzyblondegirl
forest gump
he has a great talent for voice overs as well
toy story 1 and 2

Norma Jean
Forrest Gump
The Terminal
Catch Me If You Can
The Green Mile
Saving Private Ryan
A League of Their Own (Yeah, i know :rolleyessmile

T.M
The Green Mile
Catch Me If You Can
Cast Away

don't like any others

Deathblow
n/a

The Road To Perdition and Green Mile were good, neither were good because of him. I have a very low opinion of Tom Hanks as an actor.

Wolfie
I can't believe I forgot The Burbs! Classic!

pr1983
cast away imo... stunning... one man on screen for so long and still watchable...

dizzyblondegirl
what about animal house i think that was what it is called

wookie_pimp
what about the GREEN MILE

fini
nah green mile goes to Duncan, he was the best

Ignite
forrest gump....
stupid is as stupid does...
love it

Devalion
Personally I would think that 'Polar Express' would be one of Hank's best films because of how it was made and how many characters he played.
But from the poll I would have to either pick 'Saving Private Ryan' or 'The terminal'. 'SPR' I liked mainly for the other actors in it and the fact that the story was based around true events. Hanks does play an emotional character too; so it helps to set the scene more. And the 'terminal' was just funny!

erict
Anyone know about his first TV appearence? He played Jim Ignitowski's stoner roommate 'Gordon' in a flashback episode of 'Taxi'. Gordon was the one that turned 'Reverend Jim' into a burnout! smokin'

Fëanor
what happened to 'Big'?

ChickinMeat
I dont know really, i like Tom Hanks in all his movies, but for this poll ill vote Private Ryan

PIZZA WARRIOR
"Forrest Gump" is clearly one of Tom Hanks' better films, though it is not saying much.

He did a good job, no doubt, but this story could have been done a lot better.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.