What is Harder

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

crazyspinz
What is harder between all of marvels realy hard things

Caps Sheild
silver surfers skin (appenantly indestructible)
colossus's skin (wolverine couldnt cut him)
adimantium
thors hammer

kgkg
i whould go with Thor's hammer

The Flash
It should be Surfer's skin since it is cosmically powered. And this shouldn't be in this forum since it's not a fight.

SnakeEyes
What are you talking about!!! This IS a fight! He means, which item would crush the other if dropped on one another from a rooftop jeez! Its not that hard to put 2 and 2 together!

j/k

The Flash
Do'h! I should've payed attention!

Tron
Moving

K Von Doom
I don't think even an angry Hulk or Thor can dent adamatium. I've not seen any comic where that metal was ever broken or damaged in any way.

Cap's shield has been destroyed a couple of times - IG Thanos smashed it with one fist; SW Beyonder destroyed it on Battleworld.

Thor's hammer was smashed recently.

I haven't seen Colossus skin pierced in any way but his recovery time was really long when the wrecker clobbered him with a crow bar.

I don't think the Surfer's skin has been cut before, but I imagine someone similarly powered and wielding a sharp object, such as Morg's axe, could do it. Maybe.

Khellendros
I think its a tie between adamantium and thor's hammer.

Arsenal
If Wolverine couldn't cut him, wouldn't that mean that Colossus's skin is stronger then Adamantium?

Wynndar
Colossus' skin is no where near Adamantium strength...Pyro and Avalanche shattered the surface of his entire body once. Adamantium can easily withstand a nuke. I cant recall if Thor has or not, but the Hulk has compromised Adamantium on more than one occassion. Naming the instances where Cap's shield broke isnt really applicable considering it was broken by omnipotent beings in both instances...and the blast from Doom that destroyed it on battleworld also destroyed colossus dont forget.

so in my opinion, there is no proof that the Surfer's skin, Mjolnir, or the shield is the most durable...however adamntium is clearly less durable, and Colossus' skin is much less durable.

Linkalicious
I've seen Thor's hammer destroyed on 2 occasions.

I've seen Hulk bend adamantium.

Cap's shield was crushed by Thanos using only the power gem.

I've never seen Silver Surfer destroyed to this day.

Napalm
The hulk can bend adamatium thou it cant break

cap's chiled has broke before

Thor's hammer could

Colloss dosent even deserve to be name in the same class as this stuff

SS is industuctable

Scoobless
Thor put a huge dent in cap's shield with his hammer and in a "what if" (i know, i know) thor's hammer cracked the surfers chest

MERCILOUS
Adamantine is Stronger. But from the list, Surfer's board wins in my estimations.

K Von Doom
I don't think the Surfer's board is on the list.

GreatMuta
Hmmm.

GreatMuta
Gotta go with Thor's hammer. Because Surfers skin isn't really an object. no emphasis from the writers has ever been put on how indestructible it is (as far as i know). Objects more often than not are usually emphasized by the writers (caps shield, Thor's hammer) as being indestructible. Also being that surfers skin is somewhat malleable it would be hard to "break" his skin because it is not a solid molded shape (any physics experts out there can chime in) Thor's Hammer is solid. Caps shield, wolverine's claws are mostly thin adamantium objects. Colossus really should not even be in the category because he is only steel (respectfully) The rest are Adamantium, cosmic or mystical metals. I'm no expert or anything but in my opinion Thor has it, regardless if it was broken before.
http://www.worldfamouscomics.com/bakersdozen/image/deodato-thor.jpg

Paola
^ jawdrop

ayjay
colossus's metal isn;t steel....its some weirdo organic metal stuff isnt it?

GreatMuta
Come to think of it ...maybe not. But i often here people (real and in comics) refer to it as such. Maybe i am worng!

Hey paola. pick your jaw up off the floor. Chime in and correct me if i'm wrong.

radioboy121
Colossus's armor couldn't protect him from Deathbird's acid-like attack, Avalanche, or Pyro's flames when his powers were going haywire when he had the legacy virus. He shouldn't be on the list.

First grade adamantium hasn't proven to be destroyed by regular means and I've never seen Captain America's vibranium shield destroyed. But on the list, I'm leaning towards Silver Surfer skin, as it's hard to imagine that mankind of all the civilizations in the universe could create something more potent than durability by a cosmic.

MERCILOUS
Caps shield has been broken, that's why he switched to the energy shield for a while. It's not nearly as hard as any of the things listed here, it can take more damage than most things because of the vibranium properties. That doesn't make it as hard as pure adamantium. All things on the list have been broken or dented. I still say Sufer's board because it was broken by an God-like Cable, so i'm not counting it.

Wynndar
interesting how people question how "hard" surfer's skin is but not colossus'....one time She-Hulk hit Surfer in the face and he didnt move, she just hurt her hand.

radioboy121
Colossus has been demonstrated in more likely being injured in his armored form. Silver Surfer and his board are far different in durability, despite giving that same shimmering silver color. Norrid Radd was enhanced for the purpose of being the herald and not the board. Cable may have broken the board, but most likely he cannot do the same with Silver Surfer's magnitude.

crazyspinz
i am speaking of current colossus, his skin is much harder now in astonishing xmen then it ever was and he is close, if not harder than adimantium, but i think surfer might be harder

King Burger
If I'm not mistaken, wasn't it already well established that
Cap's Shield was stronger than adamantium? The Shield is
made up of a mixture of adamantium (itself an alloy), and
vibranium (a naturally-occuring hard metal that also has the
property of absorbing physical stress). So the Shield has
both the super-hardness of adamantium, and the hardness
and "vibration-absorbing" properties of both metals.

Also, again I may be mistaken (if someone has the comic they
can check), but in the Maestro/Hulk mini-series, we can tell
that SS was killed in the great war, and his board was broken.
But Cap's Shield is intact. Maybe that means that SS's board
isn't quite as hard as the Shield, atleast not without SS powering
it up with Cosmic powers?

And about Mjolnir, it has been broken a few times I believe. And
besides, who knows if its indestructability comes form the metal it's
made form, or from Odin's magic.

Anyway, I say Cap's Shield, followed by Surfer's board, adamantium,
then Mjolnir. Unless SS's board is protected by Cosmic powers
"layer", then it would be first.

GreatMuta
Did they ever say cap's sheild was vibranium or admantium? sooo confused. I'm still not even sure if surfers board/skin was ever toted as being indestuctible.

King Burger
Well, Cap's Shield is the result of an accidental one-time only
fusion of both adamantium and vibranium. So it's got the best
of both elements.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.