new son gambit vs superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mr.smiley
i thought this would be a cool match.
i realy don't know about this one

spetznaz
I can honestly say i have never heard of New Son Gambit (after from talk on the forum that he is some sort of uber-powered Gambit). Can someone please state his abilities and capabilities (and a pic would be a perfect addon).
Thanks.

spetznaz
after from = apart from.

mr.smiley
i belive he was in exiles
he can charge anything within his sight and can deystroy planets by charging them.

mr.smiley
he can also create pocket universes

Ironmanpower
But if he can't see something like invisible women ?

mr.smiley
i don't know!

spetznaz
Well, if he can destroy entire planets b y charging them then he would be more than a match for Superman (unless Supes charged him at top speed). Generally speaking it seems that he might be too powerful for most of the current versions of Superman. Certainly all of the ones that do not have their writers employ superspeed in their attacks.

mr.smiley
what about prime?

spetznaz
Prime is Superman after millenia of exploring the cosmos and learnin about his powers, and a couple more millenia sleeping in the heart of a sun (and gaining power, and powers, all the while). He also has the last Green Lantern ring (connected to all the power of Oa), and the Sword of Heaven (after going through hell and almost breaking the gates of heaven in his search for Lois).
Prime is everything you can think of about Pre-Crisis Superman, plus much much more.
No version of Gambit,not even one who can (allegedly) charge up entire planets and destroy them, could even hurt Superman Prime. Prime would just absorb all that energy, and probably not even register it.
But against the current Supes the New Son Gambit (if he can truly make planets go ka-boom) would win (and that is if Supes doesn't rush him at superspeed).
Against Prime he wouldn't even have a chance. Even if he had the Phoenix playing backup.

mr.smiley
cool.
but with phoenix new son would take him

Mider
Well the new son was stopped by gambit and archangel how did they do it?

mr.smiley
hmmmm?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
perhaps over a cup of tea?

eleveninches
I think gambit actually was able to use his powers to their full potential in new son's pocket dimention, as they seemed to be evenly matched for each other

mr.smiley
ah

hoorayforpeepee
POWERS
interkinetic manipulation allows him to command all manner of kinetic energy, biokinetically augmenting his strength, speed, endurance and reflexes, converting matter into energy at a sub-molecular level, causing objects to vaporize or explode, transplanting matter through time and space, and propelling himself by a wave-like aura

if he can see it, he can vaporize it at a sub-molecular level.

mr.smiley
thanks for the more in depth explanation.
now we have more to go off of

Ironmanpower
So we have to know what Superman we are talking about. All supe with the super speed, will rip the head out of the new son because he don't gonna be able to see him.

Cosmic Cube
Actually, if this New Son Gambit can manipulate all forms of Kinetic energy, he should win. Gambit's superfast reflexes (that would probably be further enhanced in this "new son" form,) would allow for him to use his power before Superman beats him to tar. Motion is a form of kinetic energy. Theoretically, he could use this power to stop Superman Prime in his tracks. If he's powerful enough to do that, "New Son" Gambit should win, easily.

mr.smiley
can new son breathe in space or would he even have to

Ironmanpower
I don't think but he can create pocket dimention to survive.

DarkCrawler
Yes and no.

HarmoNiC FLo
pics anyone?

cray z 4 sarah
new son gambit is awsome

Jimmy Buggs
new son gambit is lame

cray z 4 sarah
y do u say that?

mr.smiley
does he pretty much have the same personality?

cray z 4 sarah
does any one have a picture?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.