who in the Marvel Universe is his equal?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GRIMM THING
I am more a Marvelite than anything. I do not know the difference between the various versions of Superman - prime - precrisis - etc.

I know many here feel the HULK could not stop Superman and with Supe's speed I have to agree - even if the HULK is stronger.

That being said who is the equal of the most powerful Superman?

Not someone off the scale like Galactus but just someone equal - Thor (with the warrior madness?) Thanos? Odin? Gladiator?

stormfront13
i'm pretty sure gladiator is his equal. The man from the shiar empire.

Linkalicious
They say Gladiator is supposed to be the Marvel version of Superman.

I'd think that Thor would probably be a great match for Supes.

Hulk can go blow for blow with Superman, but Superman in all actuality is a better fighter than Hulk, much faster, and very similar in strength.

stormfront13
yeah in marvel VS dc supes beat the hulk by using his heat vision and then hitting him.

kgkg
he said post powerful superman. So it is Superman prime

Sorry Thor , Hulk none of them will be able to beat him , or touch him.

His a match for the likes of glactus mebee even greater , Prime is really a stupid character to begin with.

You will need characters with power higher than Odin to give him a fight.

Linkalicious
yah, but that's why Prime is from a future timeline.

in his timeline they had been hundreds of generations of Supermen. Unlike in Marvel where all futures seem to be extremely bleak....the DC time lines show humanity being really prosperous.

crazyspinz
gladiator, sentry, thor, wonder man, all of those guys ae supes ish

spetznaz
Note: He was talking about who would match the most powerful Superman. Gladiator can take out the current Supes, and probably do it fast, but would be utterly useless against the more powerful Superman variants.
Pre-Crisis would wipe Shiar out of existence (and would come up with all sorts of powers on the fly), and Prime is basically a hyper-powered Superman with the last GL ring and the sword of heaven.
The only people who would be able to face off against the super supermen would have to be cosmic level entities (eg Thanos with the IG and HOTU). IEven Galactus wouldn't be able to stop Prime (and might not even be able to stop Pre Crisis).
Gladiator would get his behind handed to him in a wrapped package heat wrapped.

Tron
Wrong forum.

Moving

rougeredmage
well this is a very very easy question to answer the only person probibbly to deal with supermn is his hommage to the justice leagues superman in the form of hyperion

GRIMM THING
opps..........sorry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.