John Carpenters 'The Fog'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dean7879
i picked this up today...i remembered seeing bits of it when i was little and i remember being quite scared
after watching it again i think that its not as good as i expected to be...but the film has loads of atmospheric scenes and the story is quite original..i think lol..id recommend it to horror fansthumb up

eggmayo
Its a great film, i like it.

dean7879
i picked it up today for 6 pounds...its the two disk special edition
my aim is to get all the best carpenter films by the end of the month

BREN
i loved the fog i bet the remake sux arse ,say what u will carpenter used to make great atmospheric movies my personall carpenter faves are :the thing,escape from ny,assault on precinct 13 (remake was ok but originall rocks just picked it up for 95c),halloween,dark star and i even like christine,allthough the book is much better smile

dean7879
i enjoyed 'they live'..that was a cool movie

slayer
his his flicks from the 70's and the 80's were all great smile

papabeard
the fog is an excellent atmospheric film, but i think the special effects at the end in the church ruin it.

tpaquin
I didn't get into it as much as, say, The Thing. It did some cool things with lighting, but teh story was kinda lame....and it dragged in places. I'd say worth a rent for those few brilliant moments where it all works.

Hydrokronic
I never seen this one yet, can some one tell me what its about. It must be good since its from the makers of The Thing

papabeard
pirate ghosts attck a seaside town, sounds lame but is good

dean7879
The Centenary of the small sea town, Antonio Bay, is approaching. While the townsfolk prepare to celebrate, the victims of the crime that founded the town rise from the sea to claim retribution. Under cover of the fog, they carry out their vicious attacks, searching for what is rightly theirs.

MildPossession
The Fog I absolutely adore, one of my all time favourites in the horror genre, excellent film.

The 2 disc edition is lovely, with the neon green card board box yes Dean?

dean7879
yeah thats the onethumb up

Darth_Big_Boy
Classic Carpenter!

What's on the 2 disc R2?

Deano
two good documentarys
storyboards
outtakes trailer
audio commentary

nothin special really

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.