Riddick VS Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

K3VIL
Fist to fist

moises
this one is hard
since riddick can see in the dark and batman uses the darkness to fight. Still I think that batman would win because he knows over 137 different types of martial arts.

and a BIG ASS CAR. lol

spetznaz
Not 137. It is 127.
LOL.
And yes, though Riddick is a bad@$$ (he defeated those alien thingimajigs armed only with a sharpened bone) Batman would still win. Batman has more experience, and has also faced off against stark odds (e he has faced Aliens - the things with the two mouths, acid blood and chest bursters - twice. One time armed with nothing but the clothes on his back).
Although Batman would win Riddick would certainly not be ashamed. He would hold his own, but in the end he would go down.

K3VIL
He kill them with a knife.Riddick fought and survive from when he was a child, is life has always been a survival test.in TCOR he fought against the Necromonger soldiers and beat down many of them with ease.He also shows upper normal human strenght level, cause he can kick you and knock back you for several feets or catch guys in mid air for the neck and throw them like puppets.But he doesn't possess a real combat style.Yes he has his own fightning style acquired through experience but he doesn't know MA like Bat.

rocstyles
I say Riddick, because hes a furyian.

jinzin
in a fist fight? I say draw. Riddick may be above peak human levels, but batman staggered the hulk so that makes this even moneys.

besides even IF batman was losing he would use his remote device to run riddick over with his car.

illadelph12
I'm kinda leaning towards Riddick, but he has an apparent weakness Batman can exploit: bright light. Depending on where the fight takes place and when, Batman can exploit that. Other than that, Riddick is stronger, has more endurance, fights extremely dirty, has no thoughts about using lethal force, and can take way more punishment than Batman.

Also, just because you know 127 different martial arts doesn't mean that someone who has completely and utterly mastered just 1 discipline can't beat you, it just means you'll be throwing a lot of different stances and attacks at them but they'll be throwing one style at you with supreme expertise (not that Riddick is an expert, I'm just making a point). If you are a master you can adapt.

jinzin
"fights extremely dirty"-batman wrote the book on this one.

"Also, just because you know 127 different martial arts doesn't mean that someone who has completely and utterly mastered just 1 discipline can't beat you"

tis true. in fact knowing more martial arts styles can actually hinder you due to the different techniques sed to shift weight and throw kicks etc...but that's not what comic would have us believe. lol.

spetznaz
Something for you and Jinzin to read about Batman. Oh, and he does not know 127 martial styles. He has mastered 127 different styles.
Riddick has no chance.
Anyways, you might find this interesting. Enjoy:

However Batman is the pinnacle of true masters. He is the highest master in 127 major martial arts styles and he knows at least quadruple amount of other styles he can utilize when needed. He is an accomplished master who has made a style of fighting for himself. He observes and watches his opponents, using their styles against themselves and then switches styles to best counter their own. However, the biggest threat in Batman's martial arts skills is the fact that he can study and learn and then defeat the opponent. Only the masters like Shiva and Master Girigi's ninjas have given Batman a run for his money. He can use a style or a plethora or go full bore and use all of his skills, also this fact makes him an unconventional and unpredictable opponent, quite capable of using Karate and then switching to Aikido, from there to Jujutsu and then Capoeira and from there to Jeet Kune Do and from there Crane and Tiger style and maybe even Drunken boxing. While combating Batman, you do not face a style, you face different styles intermeshed into a fine art, a poetry of motion and discipline. From Aikido to Yaw-Yan, Batman is the most dangerous combatant on Earth. Many obscure specialties of forms and skills are in his possession. He is the master, second to Master Kirigi himself, in the art of the Whispering Hand. This punch can obliterate bodies, destroy the whole target or the real inside. Or it can be used to knock out, cause heart attacks. Only Kirigi and Batman have progressed in this art to this level. The Tiger Fist he learnt from H'Sien Tan in the Himalayas also. The Tiger is punch that can destroy anything, from wood to granite. It is reputedly the most difficult upper cut style punch ever devised. It requires the wielder to know his body, to completely and utterly be in tune with himself and the surround world in order to succeed and then there is the Leopard Punch. It is Lady Shiva's trademark and yet Batman is the one who's mastered this technique to the level that not only is he lethal, he can disarm and disable opponents with it, a level of mastery Shiva refuses to learn. Then there are other techniques the Bat uses, to disarm and disable opponents: from spinning attacks to arm locks to pins. All in all, he is a one-man army.

When a martial artist reaches a special level, he becomes enlightened. He knows the history of his art, the masters and their styles. Like them Batman has reached and went well beyond that level. Batman has the ability to mimic different masters' styles of fighting, their conduct even to the level of fooling other masters. Also he can look a combatant and judge his or her flaws and exploit them, but he can also see the style, what style it is and who has taught him or her. This has given him leads in the past and will do so in the future.

To add to the things, Cain taught Bruce to read his opponents' moves and body language. He's not as well taught as Cassandra Cain but he is almost as good as Cain in this field. Furthermore Batman's skill in the Haragei, the hyper expansion of senses, and the Kiai, the ability to feel someone's intent long before it happens, this is called Sakki. This means that Batman has the ability to control the fight in any which way and he is even able to, thanks to his training, take the combat from the physical plain to the mental level, as demonstrated in Legends of the Bat: Tao pt 2. Here Batman demonstrated his near full capabilities as he took the combat to the mental plane, his Sakki, Kiai and Haragei turning the combat into a contest of wills. No physical punches were thrown but after that exhausting battle, Batman emerged victorious. Sakki is the intent, but in many ways it can be utilized quite a lot like the Chi into projecting the mental energy into someone else.

K3VIL
It's a fight that happens on a far planet or on Earth obviously veichles and weapons cannot be used.Maybe knives or poles or what they found around themselves, but not special devices, cause calling back your "Supercar" to drive over the enemy is a poor way to obtain victory, and even in that case, Riddick can jump and dodge the car.

Riddick possess peak human or enhanced human physical strenght, stamina, endurance, and resilience, reflexes, speed and reaction time.
He has resist from having his sould take away by Lord Marshal with his Underverse Powers, so he can resist to Batman fighting with him on a mental plane.How can i assume this?Cause Riddick has a strong will.He's someone doesn't stand back or beg for mercy or hope for the things going good.He go straight on his path, wiping out what or who can obstacle him, and never surrend.In a mental battle, doesn't count how much Batman has mastered the use of the Chi, cause if Riddick's will is equal or stronger than that of the Dark Knight the fight will drop into a physical confrontation.
I read Batman is a one-man army.Riddick has show especially during the 2nd movie he knows how to takes advantage of fighting situations and how to fight multiple opponents.He catch for the arm a Necromonger and meanwhile shoot at another with a rifle, he was able to jump and stab in the chest with a knife one of them only getting noticed when it was too late.He use catch fighting style moves to knockdown his foes, and when he doesn't do that, he just use brute strenght.He can lift a man's body with ease, or going fist to fist with alien monsters like in Pitch Black and kill them surving to the fight.He also recover from injuries faster than humans.In PB after he was engaged by 3monsters, his body was dropping blood and he was falling on his knees for the injuries, then after the girl die catched from a monster, Riddick arrives to the spaceship and his injuries where healing back and the blood was nearly disappeared.

illadelph12
"Only the masters like Shiva and Master Girigi's ninjas have given Batman a run for his money."

"He is the master, second to Master Kirigi himself, in the art of the Whispering Hand."

"Only Kirigi and Batman have progressed in this art to this level. The Tiger Fist he learnt from H'Sien Tan in the Himalayas also."

Hmm, these sentences from Batman's own bio kind of reiterates my point about a master in one discipline being able to take him. Besides, doesn't Shiva hand him his ass on a regular basis? Not effortlessly though.

lifeisaglich
You know Riddick holding his soul to not get stolen is really nice but does it a candle to say Batman going to hell and coming back?

I do not know of Shiva handing him his ass on a regular basis but in of the JLA I think batman was wondering who was truely the best of the two of them. Can anybody shine a light to this statement.

jinzin
thanks for that huge hunk of reading full of crap I already knew. I understand that in comic book land multiple styles makes you a better fighter but here in the real world it makes it harder for you to master other styles based on muscle memory and such, I don't expect you to understand but I've been in authentic martial arts since I was 4 so i think I know what the hell I'm talking about.

illadelph12
Would Riddick be considered to have more or less endurance than Captain America? In CofR Riddick ran full bore for like 10+ kilometers in a volcanic environment (extreme heat, volcanic ash polluted air without a filter/mask), and climbed a volcanic cliff effortlessly. Not to mention what he did in Pitch Black. Riddick isn't a pussy.

jinzin
agreed.

spetznaz
LOL. This is hilarious.
Go check out the Shang Chi vs Batman thread. From the middle 'til the end it turned into a martial arts thread in essence.
I could repeat what i said here, but one altered thread is enough. Let me just say that i have done several martial arts style since childhood (and not in some American neighborhood 'dojo' that gives high-grade belts to middle graders). I'm in my mid-20s now, and i started in my first style over 2 decades ago. You are not the only one who started at 'age 4.' Furthemore i've studied a number of arts, and i am ranked above black belt (or sash equivalent) in four (the highest being a ni-dan, and let me add this was training where there was real fighting and not point-kumite), and the other two do not even bother with silly things like belts.
And i know what the heck i am talking about thank you.
And i think you are confusing what i was saying about Batman (read: comics) with real-life. Obvioulsy no one knows 127 styles, but Batman does (since he is a fictional creation).
As for authentic martial arts, well. Good for you. But you are not the only one who has taken taken martial arts, and i am more than willing to bet that my experience is more varied than yours. But it was funny reading your post.
Just remember this is comics. In comics people know 127 styles, and fly, and breath in the vacuum of space.
Anyways it is ironic that it comes back tot he martial arts after that whole Shang Chi vs Batman thread.
And nice to know that you take, erm, 'authentic', martial arts since you were 4. I'm certain you are one of those who got their first black belt when they were in middleschool and think kicking above your head or knowing how to flip nunchaku makes one a master. I've met many as such. Before i came to the US one of the things we had to do after reaching a certain level was to go to rival schools and challenge their students after their classes were over. Not in kumite, not to see who had perfect kata, but to see who was better. One couldn't move on before that. And it was always funny seeing those students go into a pose or attempt a reverse punch.
All of them thought they did 'authentic' martial arts as well, and tried to use their one style against us (we were taught mixed styles). We actually made their sifu (chinese equivalent of sensei) to start teaching them mixed styles after that after seeing how they were useless against things (like Ving Tsun trapping or Lian shi kicks) that they had never seen before. It was sad seeing them attempt reverse punches.
Anyways, going back to batman. He is a cartoon. But the fact still remains that a person with a varied martial background (and is good) will beat a person who is great in one martial art. A person with brown belts in 5 martial arts, and trains a lot, will defeat a person who has a sho-dan black belt in a single martial art (and i am assuming both of them did not come from some 50 dollar a week neighborhood 'studio' where their 'sensei' promised to teach them moves that would 'impress their friends and astound their enemies' or such hogwash).
Real martial artists are always learning new ways to improve their techniques, even if those new ways means learning different styles. A person who depends on a singular style is stagnant, and can be defeated by another who knows the style the first person knows, plus several others the first person has never encountered.

illadelph12
Hmm...

This is interesting. Is this under a premise that a different style is an antithesis to another?

A true master would be able to adapt to the opponent he faced, regardless of their 'style' or many 'styles'. I don't think a true Muy Thai master (for example) would not be able to defeat a person who was a master of Aikido, Mantis, and Muy Thai. It might be harder, but it's possible.

Like Bruce said "Having no way as way".

And also, couldn't two Kung Fu masters still have individual 'styles'?

spetznaz
Not an anti-thesis per se, but more along the lines of inherent adaptability. If you know only Taekwondo your moves and functionality are based on that art. However, if you know Jeet Kune do, Shotokan, Ving Tsun, Judo, Lian shi gung fu, krav maga and filipino arnis then you have a far wider repertoire to utilize. And if you are of a high rank, from a good sensei/sifu that teaches instead of just selling belts, then you can totally take out a pure TaeKwondo stylist who can only rely on that art.
The only way the purist would win is if he was fighting in an environment that gave him an advantage (eg a pure ving tsun stylist would have a huge advantage in close quarters combat); or if the pure stylist is far better in skill terms than the person who knows several (eg a black sash lian-shi stylist versus a snotty-nosed kid who knows 9 arts but only at yellow-belt level).
However have two people with the right dedication, and one knows only one art but the other knows several, and the one with more varied knoweldge will always win barring extraneous factors. There is a reason Bruce Lee created Jeet Kune Do. Being varied and eclectic can mean the difference between a bruised eye and cut lip, and a cool story!
Sadly some like that dude think that is not the case, but i can assure you that it is not only a fact but a simple one.
Anyways, i sort of quasi-promised Tron to stay on topic on the Shang Chi Batman thread, hence let me stick to my word and not go off tangent (i can be quite verbose LOL).

Tron
Yes they can, two completely different styles of kung fu.

jinzin
"But you are not the only one who has taken taken martial arts, and i am more than willing to bet that my experience is more varied than yours."

Yes, I have taken martial arts, get your **** straight. And varied,,,,,,perhaps, more or better,,,,,,,well that's debatable.

"I'm certain you are one of those who got their first black belt when they were in middleschool and think kicking above your head or knowing how to flip nunchaku makes one a master. I've met many as such. "

As have I, and I was almost to assume the same of you. However the fact that you would so easily assume what my experience is much less my style of fighting only goes on to show you're ignorance. Despite not being any of your concern since you seem so ready to assume, I'm still working on my Black Belt in a style of martial arts that takes itself very seriously.

"We actually made their sifu (chinese equivalent of sensei)"

You must assume I'm inexperience to not know what this is. pffft.

"A person with brown belts in 5 martial arts, and trains a lot, will defeat a person who has a sho-dan black belt in a single martial art (and i am assuming both of them did not come from some 50 dollar a week neighborhood 'studio' where their 'sensei' promised to teach them moves that would 'impress their friends and astound their enemies' or such hogwash). "

I might even believe you if I didn't know what I was talking about,,,,however I've more than easily delt with more than a few practitioners of multiple styles. What you're saying is an opinion not a fact. The fighter has to have an active and a reactive mind as I'm sure you know, if one can't adapt themselves so fighting another who possesses multiple styles than they are not a true master of their artform (and just to be clear I am in now implying that i am a master myself), and whats worse is that that implies they don't have the correct mindset for fighting.

spetznaz
Let me just say this. I've studied several styles for slightly over 2 decades (i started at the age that you say you started at). My arts range from Japanese to Chinese to Filipino to one Israeli. I've learnt things in the several Chinese styles i take that i never learnt from the Japanese. And the Filipino introduced new concepts and principles that were innovative.
Basically it has allowed me to develop quite a varied and eclectic pool to draw form, and i do not mean techniques (most of the people here in the states just study techniques). I mean mindsets as well. And i have never met a single person who practices just one martial art that i could not, simply put, overwhelm. I'm not saying this out of hubris, just facts. A couple of these guys have had belts higher than me (my highest is a ni-dan - 2nd degree black belt - some of the guys were san-dans and yo-dans,higher belt levels than i was). But they only knew one art. And while they were good, i was better because i knew almost as much as they did in their particular art, but i was at the same time highly ranked in several others.
It is like going for a quiz against a math genius (but the guy only knows math), while you are exceptionaly bright in Math (though not a true genius, but still exceptionally bright), as well as exceptionally bright in geography, physics, biology and art. And the quiz is a general knowledge type of quiz that can ask any question from any field.
The math guy will do well in the questions dealing with math, but will falter if asked about world history or tectonic plates.
Same thing.
A real fight is a general knowledge quiz. There are no set rules, no stances or poses (as i said it always makes me smile whenever someone would take a stance), and no expected moves. If Joe knows just one style it means that he may be great, but will fall if he goes against another person who knows Joe's styles at Joe's level, as well as several other styles at an equally high level.
Let me end by putting it this way. I'm glad that you started the martial arts young, and you do seem quite dedicated. And you say you are still working on your black belt 'in a style that takes itself seriously.' That is great, and again i wish you the best. May you master your style.
But once you have mastered it it might be prudent to look into augmenting your style with something else. Knowledge is not supposed to be stagnant. If you master your style (as i did Shotokan) it is time to mvoe to something else and master it (which is why i constantly work at Jeet Kune Do, Arnis, Krav Maga, Lian Shi, Judo and Ving Tsun). And while in most of these i have also reached over blackbelt equivalency, i still consider them to be just progressive steps along my Shotokan start (even though i am actually better right now at Jeet Kune Do and Lian Shi than i even was with Shotokan, even at Ni-dan level). It is just another step in the journey.
Once you master your art it might be wise to see how you can make your art better for YOU. Become better than your sensei/soke/sifu (and sorry for thinking you were too dumb to know what a sifu was - i thought i was dealing with another snotty kid who got a black belt in sixth grade - you saying you were still working on a black belt made me realize you might actually be putting serious work into this). Reaching a certain level, and staying there, is stagnation.
On the other hand never mastering a single art but jumping from one to the other as if it was some sandwich bar is even worse (maybe that is what you thought i was saying). One has to become adept with each art and not just 'sample' different styles lookign for some new 'cool' move.
Anyways, believe it or not, but being adept at different styles is a boon.

jinzin
"It is like going for a quiz against a math genius"

no it's not, it's like fighting nuff said. You may have handled your share of single-styled "masters', however, in the same regard, I have delt with my fair share of mutli-stled fighters too. Like I suggested before, it truley does depend on the fighter. If one is a true practictioner of their style they should be able to let it evolve and adapt it to what works for them best. When I say multiple styles makes it harder to learn and correctly practice martial arts I'm talking about the basics of moving one's body, not knowing diff meathods of fighting such as boxing, martial arts, grappling, wrestling, chin-na, etc. I'm reffering to the simplicity of basic kicks and punches becoming mangled once the technique leaves the mind, putting the body in motion. I've fought guys where this has happened to them in the middle of the fight and seen it's adverse affects.

"If you master your style (as i did Shotokan) it is time to mvoe to something else and master it "

now i understand the evidence of your misconception of my style. In my style we never truely master it. That's the goal of course, to be perfect, but our lives are a constant striving for that perfection never to be attained, each day bringing a new lesson. Two of the 2nd degree black belts have been so for nearly a decade now, and each day they practice to become better still.

"and sorry for thinking you were too dumb to know what a sifu was - i thought i was dealing with another snotty kid who got a black belt in sixth grade - you saying you were still working on a black belt made me realize you might actually be putting serious work into this"

apology accepted,,,,and thankyou.

"On the other hand never mastering a single art but jumping from one to the other as if it was some sandwich bar is even worse (maybe that is what you thought i was saying). One has to become adept with each art and not just 'sample' different styles lookign for some new 'cool' move."

perhaps, The problem is that i don't think one can ever truley 100% master their style, and in that same notion it would be ridiulous to attempt to "master" multiple styles given the volume of our lifetime,,,however i digress, to each his own.

IRTMU-Dragon
Are you kidding me?
Batman without any gadgets?
WIN?

Riddick is a anti-hero potentially built upon the very idea of fist fighting, Batman relies on gadgets and what melee combat he can execute, he hardly ever relies on just Melee, I dont think ive ever seen a comic of his where he hasnt used one gadget of some type.

illadelph12
I'm confused. A true master of their art would be able to adapt and apply their skill against any opponent. Even if the opponent had mastered multiple 'styles', they should still be able to adapt to each one even though they've only mastered one 'style'. Even mixing Mantis, Aikido, Karate, Gung, Drunken, etc shouldn't matter to a true master of their respective discipline. Even if the other combatant was of the same level in their discipline, the best they could possibly acquire was a draw more times than not.

Throwing a different style or styles at a true master would simply make him/her adapt and counter it.

I think 'style' is the weakness. If your you're truly a master, your opponent's style wouldn't matter in a conflict. It's not like a true master karate practitioner would be out of his element just because the opponent mastered crane. In unarmed combat, that would imply that the other arts are superior.

spetznaz
Originally posted by jinzin

no it's not, it's like fighting nuff said.---Jinzin

It is. Fighting (and i do not mean kumite where there are rules) has no set rules. Anything goes. In a dojo or dojang there are certain requirements, in the streets anything goes. My quiz analogy was actually quite appropos.

When I say multiple styles makes it harder to learn and correctly practice martial arts I'm talking about the basics of moving one's body, not knowing diff meathods of fighting such as boxing, martial arts, grappling, wrestling, chin-na, etc. I'm reffering to the simplicity of basic kicks and punches becoming mangled once the technique leaves the mind, putting the body in motion. ---Jinzin

Maybe for you. Personally it has made me even better at what i could do before. More fluidity, better cadence, faster speed, more honed skill. The only way more knowledge and experience could 'mangle' a person is if the person really did not know what he was doing before. What you are saying is akin to stating that moving to higher be;t grades 'mangles' ones abilities. That is not the case, unless ofcourse (like the case above) the person really did not know what the heck he was doing in the lower grades.

I've fought guys where this has happened to them in the middle of the fight and seen it's adverse affects.----Jinzin

You must have been fighting people who were not adept enough to know how to match cadence, or who 'thought moves' instead of being one with the act. If someone is mentally switching from capoiera to ving tsun that would cause serious cadence problems. IF the person is not well versed in either art (aka a wannabe). A true exponent would have no problem merging everything into one fluid form. Hence you must have faced rank amateurs, or what we call 'technique collectors' (whereby they pick a move from this art and a move from that art and think they are something else).

..now i understand the evidence of your misconception of my style. ----Jinzin

I do not even know your style, and do not think highly or lowly of it (it would be foolish to since it is not the style but the exponent that matters to a large degree). You are actually the one (if your first post) who was claiming that you had started martial arts since you were 4 and i did not know what the heck i was talking about. And saying i was posting nonsense when i said Batman knew 127 styles (which he does - since he is a comic and in comics people do things like shoot fire from their eyes, breath in water, wear their underwear outside their pants, and know every single martial art in the world).

In my style we never truely master it. That's the goal of course, to be perfect, but our lives are a constant striving for that perfection never to be attained, each day bringing a new lesson. ----Jinzin

And in my various styles we continuously nurture our growth by adding to it, and add to our growth by nurturing what we already know (in two of them, Krav Maga and Jeet Kune Do, this is actually expected). Different paths, same goal. Unless you want to argue over semantics.

Two of the 2nd degree black belts have been so for nearly a decade now, and each day they practice to become better still. ---Jinzin

Do you know how many years i had to be in sho-dan (first degree black) level in Shotokan before i was even allowed to THINK about trying out for Ni-dan? You obviously do not, since i haven't told you, yet you have the temerity to tell me how your 2nd degree black belts 'train every day.' This morning i was training in Shotokan. Tonight i will be doing wooden dummy for ving Tsun. Maybe you think i abandoned my original system. I have not and never will, but i will add to it.

By the way, let me ask you a question. How do you think the founders of most styles started their arts? They normally were raised up in one style, then they found ways of incorporating principles from other styles into their seminal art, and making that art better for them. Were they stupid to do that? Were it the case then everyone would be doing Kalari Payat (the original style that came centuries and centuries ago from India through BodiDharma that gave birth to most modern styles after making its way through China, Japan and the far east). But people always tried to make the art they did better for them, and in the process variety came to be.

Anyways, let me end by putting it this way. I still think you are totally serious in your belief that knowing a single style and a single style alone is the true way. And that is ok, particularly if you really devote yourself to that style (but the way i am curious now about what style it is that you do. And i respect all styles, so i will not utter a single word of disrespect towards it. I also respect exponents who apply themselves with devotion, and you seem to. What i cannot stand is 7th graders having a black belt and not even knowing how to breath in the proper manner during a move). Anyways, it is fine to know one art.
It is also fine to know more than one. As long as the person is not a 'technique collector' (there is a word for that, but it is insulting. Hence the caps).
And there is more than one path.
Maybe in your art it is decorum to study it and nothing else. In others, for example Jeet Kune Do (which is itself a collection of several arts based on ving Tsun started when Bruce Lee decided knowing one art alone was too limiting) it is mandatory to know more than one art (and i mean know not merely collect moves and stances).
Again, more than one path.
And i am willing to bet that if you asked your sensei,sifu, soke, instructor, and he read our posts, that he would probably laugh and say we were arguing over nothing. That we both had correct points,and were both correct.
Anyways, JinZin, let me close by wishing you (again) the best. May you know your art to the best of your ability, and may i know mine to my best.

Mider
Batman always uses his eqipment and stuff Riddick usually uses a knife thats it, He has fought and taken down wild animals, bounty hunters, rooms of armed men, and not even broken a sweat the only guy who gave Riddick a run for his money was the Lord Marshal and thats only cause of his powers to move faster then the human eye can see. On the other hand Batman has almost been killed by a predator from what ive seen from the style of a predator Riddick could probably kill is since He Himself is a predator but in human form, He also may have latent powers since He is the last of His kind, He also seems to fear nothing, if you ask me i guess there equal in fighting in my point of view but yes i guess they would kick the shit out of each other before one of Them dieing but in the end i belive the winnder would be Riddick

Hegemon875
Well Batman has completely and utterly mastered 127, not just kinda knows most of it.

rocstyles
I thought this was ridick vs batman not a martial arts argument. anyway ridick would crush batman, just like bane did.

K3VIL
Riddick isn't a brick guy like Bane, but he's stronger than Bats.Also, his experience can fill the lack of knowledge of martial arts, cause his life is a survival test since he was born.

Mider
I found a bio about Riddick

Richard B. Riddick -- Riddick started out life in a liquor store trash bin. From here his life took one ****ed up turn after another. He became an Elite company ranger assigned to the Sigma Galaxy. There he took on a job as a sweeper in his rookie days. Sweepers drew out the local wildlife, spitfires (huge, slimy, lizard-like creatures with motion sensors for eyes). Soon he was promoted to the prestigious Strikeforce Academy on Sigma 3's moon. There he learned all the ins and outs of killing. He was then turned loose to enforce security on Sigma 3, which was basically the police term for slavery. It was there that he learned that the company was running a crooked game everywhere it operated. After a while the murdering and torture became to much for him to handle, so he blew the whistle. But having the "wonderful" luck that he did he was branded a criminal for life. All the evidence that he had gathered mysteriously disappeared and he was put in Deep Storage. Before his third year out he overpowered a guard, took his uniform and got away. He shot 2 guards and a pilot escaping. The Company put a million-credit contract on his head. He became a wanted man pursued by every bounty hunter, bushwhacker and merc in the space lanes. And every time he killed one of them their deaths was added to his list of serial killings. Until Johns came along and blasted to kids to get two him and captured him.

Frank Laurie: Pitch Black book

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.