GALACTUS versus a CELESTIAL

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GRIMM THING
this one sounds interesting aye?

GALACTUS versus a CELESTIAL!

Lord S
Depends on which Celestial.

Actually it doesn't...as it is believed by many that the weakest Celestial is more powerful, or at least equal to a fully powered Galactus. So the Big G would most likely lose.

Zahit
In Earth X, it states that one Celestial is not as powerful as Galactus.
He even takes one of 'em out with a weapon he made.

demigawd
There's big a HUGE debate about this on another board. I originally believed that Galactus was the highest expression of physical might in the universe, being the bridge between the physical universe and the abstract beings that exist beyond our ability to comprehend. But after really, truly reviewing all of G's appearances, I don't know how I came to that conclusion.

Celestials have routinely shown themselves to operate on a completely different level of power. They're basically the Q of the Marvel Universe, able to manipulate reality itself on a whim. Galactus, on the other hand, seems to be a massive energy battery and discharger. Like some kind of Cosmic Uber Cyclops.

Celestial wins. Easily.

Mider
Galactus was once manipulated by the dreaming celestial one of the greatest if not the greatest celestial ever he made galactus's hunger go through the roof he was even gonna have Galactus eat the celestial home world but in the end the dreaming celestial was the one who was eaten so no one celestial vs galactus would be dinner for galactus.

whobdamandog
A full powered big G would probably take it..but it would be a damb tough battle for him...

Mider
yeah right maybe if it was like Exitar or someone like that but a regular celestial is going bye bye.

savagerampage
like someone mentioned early isnt big G suppose to be the last sole survivor of a race thats one with the universe. if he dies doesnt the universe? if its a guy like eternity then big G would lose but against some others he would win.

thats the problem with marvel at times. they make these super powered characters and then, they downgrade them. then anyone has a chance of beating them. Remember how powerful big G was in his earlier apperances or what about magneto. now almost anyone cant beat them or fight them 2 a draw. when galactus can easily wipe them out with a blink of an eye

Tron
If Galactus dies, an uber-powerful entity is allowed to live, Abraxas, who's suppose to be the anti-Eternity or something like that. So basically yeah, if he dies, the universe is screwed.

savagerampage
thanks for the info. i wasnt quite sure.

Mider
its true Galactus is supposed to be the balance between death and etenity thats why abraxas never did anything till after this universe galactus died, galactus was the most powerful psychical entity ever till the secret wars, and even then does it count, since the beyonder has been reconned?

savagerampage
Hold on Galactus is dead? i thought hes still alive?

eleveninches
He was turned into a human by the f4, but his cosmic conciousness is still floating around in space, and its only a matter of time before galen becomes galactus again

K Von Doom
The Galactus in Earth X actually took out a few celestials but I don't think that counts because it's an alternate reality, and that Galactus was Franklin Richards.

Someone above stated that Celestials can "manipulate reality on whim". I don't think this this has been shown anywhere.

demigawd
A Celestial turned Thor into a frog during the Heroes Return storyline, among several other reality-altering feats. A Celestial also, under its own power, wreaked planetary havoc on Earth2 doing things that can only be described as manipulating reality.

K Von Doom
But the Celestials are "cosmic scientists" of some sort, so why would they manipulate reality if they're studying the effects of their experiments?

Khellendros
That's what their experiments are. Poke reality here, twist it there, see what happens.

eleveninches
In earthx/paradisex/universex, galactus' role in the universe was to consume planets that were actually the eggs of the celestials, and galactus had to kill them before they could hatch and threaten the universe, which was how the previous universe ended.

Swanky-Tuna
The greatest things come from eggs. Easter bunnies, celestials, ducks, frogs, you name it.

But on topic, I guess if Galactus is that integral to the universe, he's gotta be packin' something.

Linkalicious
I have a Thor comic where a celestial comes to this planet that Thor ends up on and he does nothing but monitor the planet and it's inhabitants.

Then Exitar shows up and dwarfs that "judgement" celestial but like 4x his height. Everyone on the planet tries to escape because they fear that Exitar will destroy the planet. When Exitar lands, he incases the entire planet in a force field so no one can get out.

At the end of the comic, after Thor has forced his way into Exitar's brain, Thor finds out that Exitar has eliminated all of the bad people on the planet leaving only the good people...and he fixes the environment of the otherwise dead planet.

I'd say he has significant reality warping skills if he can a.) destroy only the bad people b.) turn a nearly desert planet into a utopia.

Galactcus could probably take down a couple of celestials before he died. Personally, I think he'd lose to Exitar one on one.

Cosmic Cube
Easter Bunnies come from eggs? Since when?

K Von Doom
So it's reality warping on a minor scale? That's probably why the two celestials during the IG story opted to throw planets at Thanos instead of warping reality.

Swanky-Tuna
Since always. ONLY Easter Bunnies though.

earthship
Hello
Galactus is equal to his siblings Eternity and Death. These 3 comprise the Celestial Trinity. They are above all except the following:

The One Above All (not the leader of the Celestials but LTs Master)
The Living Tribunal
The Antithesis (LT's opposite sibling)
Elorkahois (LTs other sibling)

The Celestials are manifestations through Eternity's meditations and although extremely powerful, they are nothing but pawns of the Living Tribunal.

Hence, Galactus is above all Celestials combined.

seaapple
I agree with earthship 100%

Galactus is meant to be that powerful. Some writers have not given him the treatment he was originally conceived with. He is on a different level than the Celestials.

Maybe the Watcher is on the same level as the Celestials.

dave315
A Celestial is more powerful. For Galactus eating a star is a signifigant event. A celestial is made up of the energy of an entire galaxy- 100 billion stars (wich is only about 10% of the total matter of a galaxy). So if a galaxy has the energy of 10^12 stars Galactus eats 10^-10 (10 to the negative 10) percent of a celestial for lunch.
For reference that would be like a human eating an atom for lunch.
Celestials have more raw power.

Wynndar
i dont think its about raw power...like earthship said, Galactus is more fundamental and speaks with Eternity on a pretty regular basis and even exists outside and separate of Eternity...Celestials although extremely respectable in terms of sheer power, r only Eternity's creations and less fundamental...I think they r closer to the Watchers.

dave315
True Galactus is older and more fundamental but Eternity is far more powerful than Galactus and is capable of creating beings that are also more powerful than Galactus.
Prehaps less important but still stronger overall. Eternity could destroy Galactus and one way he could would be to use his most powerful creation -celestials - to do so.

A Celestial is celestial life force(containing an unknown amout of power and displayed as a sphere of energy in the Black Galaxy Saga) plus the energy of a galaxy. Galactus battled 1 single planet of the black galaxy and was outmatched, he tried to consume the planet and was almost killed. He fled for his life. That planet plus the entire galaxy ended up becoming a Celestial.
There seem to be rules that say Galactus can not be killed as he has a destiny involving the fate of the Universe but outside of these conditions a Celestial should be easily able to destroy Galactus.

whobdamandog
If I do recall...The Celestials really didn't do much during the IG saga vs Thanos...Neither did the big G or any of the other cosmic beings for that matter..but damb...the two Celestials(including the most powerful...TOAA Celestial) who were facing Thanos with the IG got taken down pretty early in the fray...and there's also that what if issue with the Dreaming Celestial and Galactus...

Anyway, Galactus is definately up there in terms of raw power when at his best..and possibly surpasses a single Celestial..either way it would be a tough battle between them in IMO...and I think the Universe would be nearly destroyed during this battle...

King Burger
I think what happened with Galactus is what happens with
other "villians/chellengers" that become famous, he got
over-used and over-exposed, and as a result became
weaker (after all, he has to be beaten or atleast thwarted).

The Celestials don't appear as often, so they appear more
mysterious, and therefore potentially more powerful.

Galactus is probably as powerful as the more powerful of
the Celestials (Arishem? The One Above All? Exitar?), but
that can never be known, now that Marvel has essentially
ruined Galactus.

One more point, some of the Celestials seem to have certain
duties, which may not help indicate there standing in the
Celestial hierarchy (if there is one) or their power levels.
For example Arishem the Judge and Exitar, the former seems
toi judge worlds, while the latter "purifies" them. But who is
above who?

K Von Doom
Galactus is more imporant to the Universe but Celestial are probably more powerful. In that gathering of cosmic beings during the Infinity Gauntlet, Galactus spoke as the leader, not the Celestial (before everyone chose to follow Warlock that is).

K3VIL
Galactus is part of the Celestial Trinity, considering his existence is a key to the life of the entire Universe, he's obvious above the Celestials.
When Abraxas, the being that wants to destroy the multiverse was in possess of the Ultimate Nullifier was going to obtain his target, Galactus, the Galactus of the regular Marvel Earth was teleported in NY from Franklin Richards, and he slap Abraxas like a *****, he blasted off hundred of Nova's from different realities, and then give the UN to Reed Richards.Abraxas is the other side of the existence, he wants to end all the things in the Universe.And he was also powered by half of the medallion of Uatu the Watcher.

Lord S
Originally posted by earthship
Hello
Galactus is equal to his siblings Eternity and Death. These 3 comprise the Celestial Trinity. Equal in status, but not power. Galactus is much weaker than Eternity and Death.

Again, in status he is above the Celestials...but not in terms of raw power.

eleveninches
In earth/universe/paradise x, big G's job was to eat planets, as they were the eggs of the celestials, and galactus had to consume them before hatching to keep the cosmic order

Jason8200
Galactus is the balance between the two other celestial beings. One is life and the other is death. He must eat (cause death) to stay alive. He was around before the beginning of this universe and will be around after.

The Celestials take life to different worlds. They are the ones that brought life to Earth. The run different experiments and see how everything turns out. They made the different DNA that would lead to mutants and when the Earth slowly became more and more poluted the abnormalities in the DNA started to come out more (so there are more mutants). Then after sufficient time passes they come back and see if that world is worthy. During their last visit to Earth they judged Earth to be good which barely ever happens.

Galactus performs a tast that can be compared to what humans do now when they hunt and kill deer or ther animals. He keeps the population in the Universe down. The Celestials go around and inhabit different planets and then Galactus goes around and drains their energy. Someone else said that Galactus could only absorb one or two stars but thats all he needs to absorb now to satisfy his hunger. Who knows how much he will need in the distant future.

I think Galactus would win.

WW_Rules
Back in the 70s (yes, I'm old) I remember a few issues of Thor where Thor, and even Odin were powerless against The Celestials. Thor, while never his equal, has always been at least an annoyance to Galactus. My vote goes to The Celestial.

who?-kid
Originally posted by demigawd
A Celestial turned Thor into a frog during the Heroes Return storyline, among several other reality-altering feats.
And don't forget this same Celestial totally "destroyed" Loki.

kgkg
Galactus should be able to beat some Celestial but they all differ in power.

And the powerful of all of them are not even shown yet.

There can be a Celestial much stonger than Galactus.

who?-kid
Originally posted by earthship
The Celestials are manifestations through Eternity's meditations and although extremely powerful, they are nothing but pawns of the Living Tribunal.

Hence, Galactus is above all Celestials combined.
That's some strange logic.

Even if the Celestials were nothing but pawns of the LT, the very same can be said of Galactus. And again, even if they were nothing but pawns of the LT, that doesn't mean the fact they can kick Galactus' ass.

Imo, an average Celestial is as powerful as Galactus.

True, but everybody was beaten by Thanos, and if I remember correctly, Galactus had to fuse bodies with the Stranger and someone else to attack Thanos, and he was beaten as fast as the Celestials.

kgkg
Well in "the end" comic.

Thanos with HOTU distoryed a celestial and Galactus was shocked like crazy.

That shows how stong a celestials are. Beside you can say they are weak because they got beat by Thanos because everyone did.

i whould say an average celestial is equal to Thanos in power.

But am sure there are some Celestial that are much stonger that BIG G.

and remember we have only seen like 10 or so.

There is an army , and their power are yet to be seen.

who?-kid
Originally posted by kgkg
i whould say an average celestial is equal to Thanos in power.
Thanos is an ant, compared to a Celestial.

the Darkone
That was in Infinity Gaunlet. In a different timeline Galactus devour the marvel universe even destroying the Celestials and the dreaming celestial who is one of the most powerful celestials.

Galactus is apart of the big three Eternity,death and himself. LT needs those three to keep balance in the universe. No way will the LT let Galactus be attack by Celestials he would intervein and so will Eternity.

kgkg
Originally posted by who?-kid
Thanos is an ant, compared to a Celestial.
i meant Galactus lol

my bad

kgkg
Originally posted by the Darkone
That was in Infinity Gaunlet. In a different timeline Galactus devour the marvel universe even destroying the Celestials and the dreaming celestial who is one of the most powerful celestials.

Galactus is apart of the big three Eternity,death and himself. LT needs those three to keep balance in the universe. No way will the LT let Galactus be attack by Celestials he would intervein and so will Eternity.

logically your rite.

but i haven't seen LT , or even eternity intervine when Galactus was in verge of being killed.

while other people like Surfer , FF4 other have aided him many time.

My guess is LT , and Eternity saw all outcome , therefore they knew Big G will be safe.

the Darkone
they will bring him back to life

kgkg
they never did

Frank had to do it himself

LEXDOOM
Ever think LT or Eternity made franklin do it, reason you never "see" them do anything is because they influence/make people do it for them.

citannah17
i dont think the celestials should be as powerful as galactus considering one of his siblings (Eternity) created them they should more appropriately be around herald level that would make much more sense instead of eternnity being able to make being as powerful if not more powerful than galactus seeing as his universal importance what do you guys think.

quanchi112
which celestial, arishem? anyways i believe the celestial takes this they are uber uber badasses.

Utrigita
Originally posted by citannah17
i dont think the celestials should be as powerful as galactus considering one of his siblings (Eternity) created them they should more appropriately be around herald level that would make much more sense instead of eternnity being able to make being as powerful if not more powerful than galactus seeing as his universal importance what do you guys think.

The entire Race would take him down but one single celestial just to think of it is hilarious laughing

citannah17
galactus ftw only because its sad nobody really thinks he can beat them but he should be able to but oh well.

starlock
Originally posted by citannah17
galactus ftw only because its sad nobody really thinks he can beat them but he should be able to but oh well.

Hey there i responded to your question in the other thread(galactus vs celectials?)

But i will sun it up,in my opinion and i respect the role he has,i think of galactus as a finite being,where as celestials are not,i think celestial for the majority depending on said celestial
Celestial 8/10

Tenebrous
depending on which celestial, as stated. But IMO it depends a lot more on the power levels of Galactus.

A well-written Galactus (i.e. no PIS/CIS) will take 1 celestial down 10/10 IMO.

Reason: when was the last time you saw a single celestial do anything that Galactus has done? (obliterate star systems when severely weak, devastate countless galaxies in the collateral damage of battle, wield tech as sophisticated as Taa II, the ultimate nullifier, etc.)

I would say on average the celestials are depicted as more impressive because for some reason they never job to anyone. in the long run average, yes their casual power seems to be greater than galactus'. But individually, no single celestial, not arishem, not exitar, not the One Above All, and not the dreaming celestial, have ever shown to be capable of doing the same things Galactus can do when he has a proper writer.

THe fact that the dreaming celestial himself had to use Galactus' powers-not his own-to achieve his goals already confirms that on the whole, Galactus has much more power than a single celestial. otherwise, why didn't the black celestial just do it himself?

Utrigita
Originally posted by Tenebrous
depending on which celestial, as stated. But IMO it depends a lot more on the power levels of Galactus.

A well-written Galactus (i.e. no PIS/CIS) will take 1 celestial down 10/10 IMO.

Reason: when was the last time you saw a single celestial do anything that Galactus has done? (obliterate star systems when severely weak, devastate countless galaxies in the collateral damage of battle, wield tech as sophisticated as Taa II, the ultimate nullifier, etc.)

I would say on average the celestials are depicted as more impressive because for some reason they never job to anyone. in the long run average, yes their casual power seems to be greater than galactus'. But individually, no single celestial, not arishem, not exitar, not the One Above All, and not the dreaming celestial, have ever shown to be capable of doing the same things Galactus can do when he has a proper writer.

THe fact that the dreaming celestial himself had to use Galactus' powers-not his own-to achieve his goals already confirms that on the whole, Galactus has much more power than a single celestial. otherwise, why didn't the black celestial just do it himself?

Well Tenebrous none of us would deny that the Celestials as a Race would take him down his lose of power while fighting would really be a pain in the ass for him, unless he is at full power then he would win against the entire Race IMO.

But I completely agree with you, Galactus has preformed feats that outlevels all that the celestials has done, and if we where going by feats the cosmic hierachy would be somewhat different.

Was there two different celestials doing that act the Dreaming who was controlling Galactus but got himself eaten, and the Black birthed from the Black Galaxy where Ego lived prioer to the celestial being born.

Also before someone bring that up. Galactus being Afraid of the Dreaming Celestial is completely nonsense, he has faced the IG and Beyonder and Thanos with the heart of the universe nowhere did I see Galactus show fear, is the Dreaming Celestial above all these artifacts?

Also I think what happend to Hyperstorm and the link between Hyperspace and the Celestials should be thought of...

Space M ummy
Galactus wins, mostly due to the nullifier.

The nullifier is only a fraction of his total power, and has been demonstrated on panel to be able to eliminate and then recreate the entire marvel multiverse.

not just 616, the whole damn thing. No feat by any celestial, even exitar is anywhere CLOSE to being that high up.

Consider also that a good chunk of galactus' power is apparently used for the sole purpose of keeping abraxas in check- a being whose mere existence causes the multiverse to collapse and fall in on itself.

Galactus has a ship the size of an entire galaxy, that he powers and moves about at will. I haven't seen any celestials move galaxies about lately...or hell, EVER.

It's rare we see galactus go all out, and yes he jobs, but read between the lines. the amount of power the big G has at his disposal is monstrous.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.