Tekken 5

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ultimatespider
When is the offical realase date? And has anyone any decent shots of "Devil" Jin?

SaTsuJiN
pretty sure there was a thread about this

Tekken 5
Publisher: Namco
Developer: Namco
Genre: Action
Release Date: 02/25/2005

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/tekken5/preview_6118393.html

platformskater
Guess who's coming back..................

dark1365
Tekken 5 is just another upgraded version of Tekken 4...

Ultimatespider
No! It is waaaayyyyy more!!!

FlappingMangera
Even if it is just an upgrade, i think i'm still down to play, even though i always get whooped up on by my friends in tekken

greyboy
I like Tekken.....its fun.....I like fighting games....they're fun.

an ode to tekken.

Ultimatespider
Any shot od "Devil" Jin?

radioboy121
I saw a trailer in one of my games. Has Heihachi been fully proven dead?

SaTsuJiN
I believe he's dead... now some relative mishima that was jailed for years has arisen.. his name is Jinpachi Mishima.. he appears to be stronger than heihachi

ZomBiE_HunTER
Whos getting it. I prolly be getting it when it cums out next week.

SaTsuJiN
if they made some kind of change to the playability.. I'd think about it.. but noone really comes over my house anymore (friends that is).. so theres really no need to

Ultimatespider
I find tekken a great play solo get it for the story.

Aku
It's gonna be crap. Its just Tekken 4 with 3 new characters and no Heihatchi. Aslong as Steve Fox is in this game I'll take any of you to China Town.

Fallin Angel
Actually they changed it to be a lil more like 3 but its still going to have the walls and stuff in the stages and they brought back some of the old characters like anna, wang, bruce, etc... . They also added a thing where u can customize your fighters , sort of like how they did in virtua fighter 4.

SaTsuJiN
they got rid of the walls I believe and brought back the infinite sliding ground stages (apparently players got very tired of being infinately juggled up against the many obstructions in tekken 4)

platformskater
well, according to my sources, Heihachi is NOT dead

SaTsuJiN
http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/

yup.. he's back again.. how inarguably lame..

FallenArchAngel
Tekken 5 looks quite cool, however I am sick of them trying to copy off other games Tekken 4 was a crap copy of Dead or Alive and now Tekken 5 is a copy of Virtua Fighter with the whole character customization idea, I just think they really need to get their own ideas coz the way its going the Tekken series is going down the pan.

ZomBiE_HunTER
He is http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/tekken5/media.html check out the offical trailer 2.

Smasandian
Thier is actually a review of the game at Gamespot. 9.2 and they said its similiar to Tekken 2 and 3 but its basically has everything that a fighter fan wants.

Xbusta_capsX
hey

FallenArchAngel
Heihachi is still alive coz u he is a playable character check www.tekkenzaibatsu.com

SaTsuJiN
they killed off jun kazama. I lost all respect for namco after that miffed

Fallin Angel
is tekken 5 out yet? i'm just wondering

FallenArchAngel
it's out in america, but it wont be out in Europe for a while

SaTsuJiN
I bought it yesterday.. so far its great.. my only complaint is that you know the training tool in tekken 2? they go through the correct button presses as you do them.. they only half half of it in t5 (they demo it for you but wont keep the button presses on screen as you practice them) .. other than that , this was the tekken I was hoping for

radioboy121
Not much loading time, which is great. Some of the endings are kind of silly (Lee's ending was hilarious) and some of the midway dialogue was humorous too (i.e. Kuma's path against Paul). I have all the endings, except Devil Jin (I think it's activated from the Devil's Within mini-game) and I'm still waiting for a walkthrough to see if I missed anything else.

ZomBiE_HunTER
Im getting Tekken after I get DMC 3.

SaTsuJiN
Ah, I found Asuka's ending quite hilarious as well.. nothing like a punch from an ill-tempered female schooled in martial arts wink

radioboy121
He was getting fresh unintentionally. At least she didn't bring up a suit. Zombie Hunter, what's DMC3?

ZomBiE_HunTER
Devil May Cry 3

SaTsuJiN
regular jin's ending was kinda borin sad

pr1983
is the game any good?

FallenArchAngel
I ahve just ordered it from America it seems cool

pr1983
i'll definately play it (i own 1-4), if its good maybe ill buy it...

FallenArchAngel
Jin is the coolest character, hense my sig

SaTsuJiN
lol.. his fighting style is all wacky now (Jin) .. I prefer either paul or asuka at the moment.. and yes this is worth getting

FallenArchAngel
Is Jin's fighting style the same as was on Tekken 4 or has it changed yet again

pr1983
i'll definately look this up so...

SaTsuJiN
It seems to have gotten back some tekken3 techniques.. but he retained quite a large chunk of his tekken 4 style..

FallenArchAngel
Well thats good jins fighting style was great in Tekken 4 i'm glad it's virtualy the same style

SaTsuJiN
hmm.. I was very familiar with the tekken 3 style because he was kazuya and jun combined.. but I have to say he has some useful moves from his '4' fighting style.. I wouldnt personally rely on him to win a fight though (for my style)

FallenArchAngel
"hmm.. I was very familiar with the tekken 3 style because he was kazuya and jun combined.. but I have to say he has some useful moves from his '4' fighting style.. I wouldnt personally rely on him to win a fight though (for my style)"

I thought that his Tekken 3 style was way too much like Kazuya's which made him boring and unoriginal coz he was basically tha same character as Kazuya

SaTsuJiN
lol, I forgot how much I love Nina and Anna's sibling rivalry

One thing I really enjoy is how hwoarang / baek speak korean .. Lei and Feng speak chinese and the japanese speak japanese... very nice touch.. was hoping a fighting game would do that thumb up

radioboy121
Nina always seems to use violence with her, while Anna on more sexual terms.

I somehow find it too awkward. Is everyone polylingual? Also, Lee and Lei sound funny when they say "Come on." Maybe it's me, but they sound as if they're adding a little Australian flavor in their accent.

i forgot it????
anyone who needs help on tekken 5 and out a hole lot of &^*$ 1st of all heiachi mishima may have been blown seven miles out of his dojo and kazuya got away heiachis still alive and if your wondering ill list some tips for u so here

(@) how to unlock roger jr-beat game 1ce with any characters
(@) how to unlock anna williams beat game twice with different people
(@)and now you probably get the point so ill list the order u get them in

()roger.jr
()anna williams
()baek
()bruce
()kuma (massive bear)(if player 2 hes panda)
()mokugin (block dude kinda like combot off tekken 4)
()heiachi misshima
($)eddy gordo (u have to save 500.000 g and get julias spair costume)
($)and for some %$@# reason jinpachi is not unlockable in this game i know it sucks. Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

AdventChild
Originally posted by dark1365
Tekken 5 is just another upgraded version of Tekken 4...

Have you played the game yet? you should get to know your facts before you decied to judge...

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by AdventChild
Have you played the game yet? you should get to know your facts before you decied to judge...

Tekken 5 is nothing more than an upgraded tekken 4. Better graphics and better reaction time, these are the only differences between these two games. that isnt a bad thing though.

moviejunkie23
hey is is eddie still a chick, since he got his sex change and all.

ragesRemorse
i think eddy retired all together, to busy somkin that whacky tobacky

leonheartmm
nope, eddy's still there once u finish the game with christie, u can choose him by goin on ana's pic and pressing circle, plus devil jin is probably my favourite playable fighter{hey the devil within minin game is better than any tekke forces too, plus u get to fight OGRE IN IT}, the only problem here is that the final boss, jinpachi is very hard on any difficulty{unless u have devil jin ofcourse} and no matter what u do u cant play with jinpachi.

SaTsuJiN
jinpachi can be simple.. you just gotta find a fast, effective attack that will knock him down quickly.. then just beat him up as he keeps trying to get up.. (he's awfully huge which makes him juggle-licious) wink

the eddie thing by pressing circle.. do you have any proof of that working?

Mistah DEVIL
Originally posted by leonheartmm
no matter what u do u cant play with jinpachi.
with a cheat device you can!! The way the comp uses Jinpachi is nothing compared to what he can REALLY do!!

Mistah DEVIL
Has anybody seen the ps3 spec demo of tekken? it's supposed to be in game graphics.

SaTsuJiN
Eddy can be selected by buying Christie Montiero's "3rd costume" for 500,000 G... then you hold select and I believe press triangle to select eddy

tekken 5 is not like tekken 4... tekken 4 was about slutting up the walls for mega damage.. teken 5 went back to the tekken 3/tag roots of trying to get leet juggles. my only complaint is that when you hit the ground theres no real way to defend yourself like in soul calibur series

dAngEr_Is_gO!
I've played Tekken 5 at the arcade and it is not much more than a better looking Tekken 4, which is not a bad thing if you liked Tekken 4 big grin
When Sega was about to release Virtua Fighter 4 they invited some guys from Namco over to check it out. They were very impressed which is why there are some elements of VF4 that they've incorporated into T5.

pr1983
Just played this, and i have to say im disappointed...

sure the graphics are better... but playing it i just felt... unfulfilled...

tekken 3 is one of my all time favourite games (i even enjoyed tekken 4), but this...

guess i was just expecting a little too much...

ragesRemorse
I am a fan of the tekken series, but i must say that i am getting tired of playing the same exact game with every new installment. Juggling characters only stays fun for so many games. How about a little innovation here guys.

pr1983
On the plus side... good cgi and good customising thingie... coulda been bigger though...

ragesRemorse
yeah, but tekken has always had gret fmv's. I diddnt think the cutscenes for tekken 5 were nearly as kick ass, as the ones for tekken 4. I could have done without the nearly pointless customization. It just reminded me of what i couldnt do. Why does tekken always invest in the same moves for every character game after game?

SaTsuJiN
its the pokemon formula approach.. if it works and noones complaining they dont fix it.. right now in tekken5 steve fox is broken

ragesRemorse
His australian accent or his moves? He is one of the funnest characters to play with, but everyone is good with steve, and whore-ang, and all eddy clones. I think those characters are broken in that aspect. I mean, you can master the most difficult players, but when people start mashing buttons with christie, whore-ang, and steve, it's all up in the air.

SaTsuJiN
no the good steve players dont let you hit back.. they have moves to beat you to the ground, and they have moves to keep you on the ground lol (and you know getting up in tekken is a battle by itself).. still he's fun to fight against.. but he's just not my style

dvampire
Best old shcool characters:

Paul and Nina

Best new characters:

Raven and Fang

The game is good, and even better if you play with friends. thumb up

Yuna33
I like Asuka and Jin.

Lord Ryugen
Asuka's my fave easy. I love her style (not to mention her looks big grin ). Me, Lord Shadow Z and Kanis just completed the game yesterday with every character and did Devil Within, I got to say that after Tekken 4 this is a brilliant comeback for the series.

Bad Wolf
Short Review:

Although at times the difficultly can be bit fustrating and you want to throw the controller (Playstaion an' all) angrilly at the nearest person, this is a soild tekken game! An excellent adition to the series!

The mass selection of charecters and the Arcade versions of tekken 1-3 is minted! some charecters storys are slitghtly farfecthed and ppl (Such as howrang and lee)whom spoke in english in tekken 5 now speak a differnt langaue wich is piontless.

The personal little interludes od dialouge (usually in stage 4 ) is an excellent idea. I kinda takes me back to the glory days of playin' "Tekken 3" for hours!

Overall an excellent game that i havent stopped playing snice i got it on friday!

8/10

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Bad Wolf
some charecters storys are slitghtly farfecthed and ppl (Such as howrang and lee)whom spoke in english in tekken 5 now speak a differnt langaue wich is piontless.

how is it pointless for a korean to speak korean.. and a chinese adopted by a japanese to speak japanese? (and I believe you meant they spoke english in tekken 4) I welcome that aspect because it doesnt make sense for everyone to be from all these different nations and speak perfect english (I mean they have subtitles, so its not like it gets in the way)..

it is a very very nice comeback from the crap that was T4 (in my opinion).. however the juggling stuff is sortof irritating because I thought they would have some kind of soul-calibur esque air control by now... also the whole getting up from the ground thing is a real pain in the ass.. maybe I'm just picky but with a few more tweeks , tekken 5 can be a platinum title instead of gold

MrBones
will Eddie Gordo be back???

powerfulone1987
WEll I just got the game like 3 or 4 days ago. I feel so left behind.
Anybody else just getting this game?

Anybody else get this game with the intent to play it alone or just ended up playing alone?

ShapedByWords
So is anyone here serious about tekken? I have tons of tips and combos to swap.!!

Bad Wolf?

Green Day was here over the weekend and they kicked arse!!

ShapedByWords
theres some new videos of tekken5.1 in action.here is the link ftp://www.hameko.net/tekken5/ . go to the kankoku3on3 folder and download a vid there. there you go, instant 5.1 action.

alic88
well i am a big tekken fan, so i will get tekken 5. but i was too dissapointed with tekken 4. that was absolutely terrible.
tekken 3 was great, and i was even more impressed personally by tekken tag. the graphics were a huge leap compared to tekken3, it was a great way for the ps2 era to start.

SaTsuJiN
tekken 5 is way better than tekken 4.. they returned to the arcade feel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.