Favourite Jim Carrey movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bakerboy
My personal favourite is eternal shunsine of the spottless mind, followed by Truman show. And yours?

baracustastic
Truman Show for me, although Ace is a close second.

Cinemaddiction
Eternal Sunshine, followed by Dumb and Dumber.

BackFire
Drama - Eternal Sunshine

Comedy - Dumb and Dumber.

KillTheLight
Eternal Sunshine

Solo
Eternal Sunshine followed by The Truman Show

PunkyTurtle101
Eternal Sunshine, Bruce Almighty

shaber
Dumb and Dumber, Ace Ventura.

Liar Liar was pretty good.

Jeff-Man
were is Dumb and Dumber?!?
its one of my favorite movies.

Deathblow
Eternal Sunshine. Aside from that and Liar Liar & Man On The Moon, the majority of Jim Carrey's movies have a tendency to suck royal eggs.

MildPossession
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, I enjoyed this a lot. I can not stand him in his comedy roles. I like him serious.

Myth
Me, Myself, and Irene is hands down my favorite. It is easily the funniest Jim Carrey movie. Eternal Sunshine though is the best made Jim Carrey movie.

Wolfie
Drama - Eternal Sunshine
Comedy - Dumb and Dumber though Ace Ventura isn't far behind

el barto
the mask followed close by dumb and dumber

DVDFREAK
eternal sunshine of the spotless mind,and dumb and dumber

Myth
Am I the only one who found Me, Myself and Irene absolutely hillarious?

RavenNightstar
Nope, I found it hilarious! I couldn't stop laughing! But Dumb & Dumber is my fav., but Me, Myself & Irene is pretty close behind!

bakerboy
I think that he is very underrated as a comic and as an actor. He is one of the most talent comic and actor of nowadays. He can do comedy and drama in the same way, and with a lot of talent in both. He has been robed again in the oscars and wasnt nominated for eternal sunshine. Really, the academy never reconigze the comedy. Chaplin and Groucho Marx only got a honorary oscar and Peter Sellers never won one. Same with robin williams or bill murray. Now with carrey. What do you think?

Wolfie
I didn't find it as anything special.

Red Superfly
Dumb and Dumber, by a long shot.

Next up would be Cable Guy. That's right I said Cable Guy. I thought it was totally under-rated.

Jeff-Man
"Killer boots, man!!"

nothing can beat Dumb and Dumber.

Illyria
Bruce ALmighty was awesome.

Red Superfly
Yeah Dumb and Dumber is the shit.

*hot woman and boyfriend walk past Harry and Lloyd"

Harry: "Would you look at the buns on that"

*both stare*

Lloyd: "Yeah, he must work out"

and

"Excuse me Flo?"

laughing out loud

Thoma5
I sure i love all his show!!!

jaden101
DUMB N DUMBER...what else could it be?...its one of the greatest comedies in history because the humour has so much depth to it..."fell of the jetway again"..."it was just a goof man"....total classics

eleveninches
Truman show was truely great.

dizzyblondegirl
Ace Ventura 1 and 2
Bruce Almighty
without a doubt they are the best

Napalm
Ace Ventura and Dumb & Dumber

dizzyblondegirl
Dumb and Dumber aint seen that in years

Darth_Vader05
Ace Ventura is no doubt Jim Carrys best movie! ALRICHTY THEN.

PIZZA WARRIOR
To be honest, it is hard to judge what his best movie is, since we are talking about an evolving career.

It is good to see him reaching out, but it is hoped he does not lose his comic roots, and does what Robin williams is doing, that is getting real creepy.

He has a lot to offer as a light-hearted leading man type, if he gets the right script.

Mandorallen
liar liar
ace venturaet detective
the truman show
bruce almighty
Dumb and Dumber
the grinch
the cable guy

in that order^

alic88
truman show4me

Norma Jean
Liar Liar

DeVi| D0do
Am I the only one who likes "When Nature Calls"?

Lady Ellie
I like "When nature calls" too. I used to be a huge Jim carrey fan. I used ace-ventura quotes all day! "Loohoooseher!" It was driving people crazy...

Stealth Agent
all his movies are goodi cant pick one i like cable guy, liar liar alot but i wouldt say there my favorites

DanZeke25
Its too hard to choose.

wuTa
i'm with you on that but i would say liar liar is tied with cable guy as the two spot

"the blue knight rules the red knight sucks the big one"

"why dont you both stop acting like a bunch of p*ssies and try them at the same time.....sounds like a dare har...its a double dare!!....its not so bad, more tingly than hot"

"how's your day mr fletcher?...i;m still suffering from a bad sexual episode that happened last night"

thats right i know them all

Lord Shadow Z
1.The Mask
2. Ace Ventura 1+2
3. Batman Forever

Ignite
drama - Doing Time on Maple Drive(tv),the Truman show.
comedy.....cable guy,liar liar, Bruce almighty!

ChickinMeat
I might have to actually see this spotless mine film if everyone seems to think its so good, is it out on DVD yet?

Stealth Agent
spotless mine film what movie is that?

Darth Jello
it's out in both standard and two disc special edition

Norma Jean
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Not "spotless mine film".

Best Jim Carrey movie is without a doubt Liar Liar.

Cinemaddiction
What rock have you been living under? laughing out loud

Why isn't anyone mentioning "Earth Girls Are Easy" or "The Majestic"?

ChickinMeat
The rock where im poor and have no money stick out tongue

and sorry about typing 'mine' instead of 'mind', i have a radio keyboard and its a cheap one, so its cack

Kaldro
The Cable Guy followed by The Mask. Under the "Others" category, I would have to say Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls followed by The Grinch.

vagaryatwill
Dumb and Dumber, hands down. Not a close second would be Eternal Sunshine, although I love that movie.

Velcro_Boy

Wolfie
'Cause Earth Girls Are Easy was bad. Might as well mention Once Bitten while we're at it. stick out tongue

Stokely
I think that's been his best film. Liar Liar and Mask are also very good. Not fussed about his dramas.

Leggy_n_Merry
The best film in my opinion is definitely Liar Liar! I luuurve that film! Also Dumb and Dumber laughing out loud and then Ace Ventura.

wuTa
hey...i liked Once Bitten

Thoma5
Lemony Snickets : A Series Of Unfortunate Events

erict
How 'bout 'NONE OF THEM'.

JimCarrey=IDIOT thumb down

Stokely
I agree that he's an idiot but he's a funny one in certain films. I can't sit through Ace Ventura without cringing.

erict
Stokes,
Glad you agree. Seems he always 'over-acts'. I can't handle the in-your-face comedy.

MetallicaT
eternal sunshine of the spotless mind but i also really liked dumb and dumber

LLG
Dumb and Dumber. I do like his other movies, but I'm just naming one.

Lydia_J
Liar Liar is by far the best I'm LMAO just thinking about it, closely followed by Ace Ventura

Frosty Beverage
bruce almighty- i laughed my socks off, and i wasn't wearing them.

Heather 29
My Favorite Jim Carry Movie is Deffinitley the Majestic.
He calms down and plays a seriouse role, I think one of his best movies
yet

s|m
"The cable guy" and "Bruce almighty" stick out tongue

flee the evil 1
i luv 2 of Jim Carey's serious movies- Eternal Sunshine and the Truman Show!

Bruce Almighty and A Series of Unfortunate Events were also good.

Red Superfly
Is it me or are the ones who think Jim Carrey in Ace Ventura is annoying are SLIGHTLY missing the idea?

ACE VENTURA IS SUPPOSED TO BE ANNOYING!

All his jokes, the way he talks, his rediculous demeanor is designed to annoy. He's purposely an annoying character.

People who complain hes annoying in these films prove how successful it was.

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Is it me or are the ones who think Jim Carrey in Ace Ventura is annoying are SLIGHTLY missing the idea?

ACE VENTURA IS SUPPOSED TO BE ANNOYING!

All his jokes, the way he talks, his rediculous demeanor is designed to annoy. He's purposely an annoying character.

People who complain hes annoying in these films prove how successful it was.

couldn't agree with you more... Ace Ventura is hilarious!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.