Corporal Punishment in schools!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Xena fan
Ive notice some very good topics in this forum. so I think is time for me to make one. this topic is regarding disciple in schools! Do you approve the idea that teachers should use methods like spanking or canning to discipline disobiedent students? I think so!
Children that behave rudely and disrespectful in schools should get a good spanking from the teacher so that the child can behave! I have a very close friend of mine that is a teacher and she tells me that some children are very offensive! She cannot take action towards them. So she sends them to the pricipals office!
I think that she should be given the right to discipline those little punks for acting like jackasses! I dont like violence but sometimes is necessary to discipline those that dont want to learn!

What are your thoughts on Corporal Punishment? do you agree with my views?

JKozzy
Nope, Corporal Punishment is for Westpoint and all those schools you pay thousands for your children to go to school at. Public schools shouldn't hace CP, but if you pay for it, I guess that's your choice. But I still think that's something for parents to worry about. With all the cases these days of abuse and mistreatment, its for the better that CP isnt used anyway.

Tex
I dunno.

Most of the rotten mutant kids in school today deserve severe spankings!

But that's what parents are for.

It's usually the parents that deserve the bigger beating! yes

Xena fan
with all the violance in schools these days. And with kids carrying guns to school it maybe a good idea to impose CP! if the kids dont have respect for teachers I highly doubt they might have it for other adults. So for me cp is just fine!

JKozzy
It's true, you know laughing out loud

Xena fan
sometimes they can be real savages! Some are even gang members! I fear for those teachers that have to teach in ghettos. Is just inst human for them to try be among those that dont want to learn.

Lord Soth
That's banned, isn't? I even think we have rules against teachers touching a student at my school

Evy_O
No I don't agree with corporal punishment.
In no way has any teacher the right to HIT a student erm That's their parent's responsibility. If the student misbehaves a lot, he can be suspended.

Now, if thet carry a GUN and they belong in GANGS, do you trully think that a little bit spanking would stop them? roll eyes (sarcastic) The teacher would be found shot the next day or something like that... confused

JKozzy
If anything, hitting would just provoke messed

burlyman
laughing out loud You are unreal

burlyman
Children should be punished in contructive ways, so they see the error of their ways yes

Yup, it could cause them all sorts of problems, and change them - make them violent, as a retaliation.

Oh and children have rights too you know stick out tongue

If say, you did something wrong at work...I dunno..a pratical joke that backfired, Do you expect to get bent over and spanked What the f**k?

JKozzy
You can't feed violence with violence and expect peace.. sad

burlyman
Fight fire with water thumb up

Maverick2364
Most students may act out inappropriately, thus they need discipline. Physical beating wouldn't help them. They would be more likely to fight back than be fearful of consequences.

§pearhead
Ok, Xena, lets do a simple algorithm. First, you say that public schools shoud impose Corporal Punishment. Then you say these kids carry guns to school.

Lets do the math, shall we? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Gregory
"Fear" and "respect" are not synonemous. I think being beaten would have made me resent my teachers even more, not respect them.

andyF1
the school i went to use to search you for weapons, and if you didn't have any they would give you one laughing

WindDancer
If someone is to discipline my children it will be ME and my WIFE! I will personally teach OUR child about behavior, if he disobeys my instructions I will be the one to punish our KID!

If a teacher ever EVER puts his hands on my child I will personally go visit him after school and "Crack him on the JAW!" That is one of things in the world that would drive me in a rage! I don't like it when other adults discipline MY KID!

silver_tears
I am against corporal punishment for the reason that I don't want anyone touching my child unless it's me and for severe reasons. A simple wise crack or talking back does not deserve such punishment as spanking. Also who's to say children understand what they are doing in the first place, they might just be following a bad example, and punishing them for it is out of line.

If and when I have children I will make sure that they go to school where teachers are not allowed to touch them, but that won't even be necessary because I will bring my children up right in the first place.

§pearhead
If there was corporal punishment, I might not be here right now sad

Linkalicious
My dad put foot to ass on me on more than one occassion...that straightened me up real quick. I think that discipline should be taken out by parents, but in these modern times, kids make lawsuits against their parents for abuse. Everyone deserves a good whooping now and then to keep them inline.

JKozzy
Well said, you two! I couldn't agree more smile

Corlindel
Never mad

And I hope no one tries to do it to my son or I will show them what is a real corporal punishment.

DeNiro
ok check this out. My teacher Mr T there was a fight going on so he came over and ripped the kid off and then he slammed his head and then he threw him that was ok he was stopping a fight.

but today there was a fight that happened and then it stopped and mr t walked up to the two kids after it was done and then he just took the kid and threw him and yelled whats going on it was so funny he didnt need to throw the kid at all he just hates him its so funny.

Linkalicious
What the hell are a bunch of kids goofing off in Mr. T's class?!?!

Jesus what idiots...I pity the Foo!!!

jacksparrow22
eek! i'd probably enjoy thatshiftysmokin'

Xena fan
are you serious? THAT IS VERY INSANE!So if your kid feels like beating up a teacher and if that teacher has to defend himself from you kid YOU will beat the teacher too? that is just plain WRONG! Sheesh! I pity the teachers that will have to deal with someone like you!

Xena fan
sometimes that doesnt work. Children have rights? Teachers also have rights and there are times they have to defend themselves from a child attacker.

Xena fan
sorry for the double post.

JKozzy
Yes because little Timmy's got a hell of a hook on that right arm. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Xena fan
he could have a weapon in the hand. It doesnt take strength to hurt an adult person. what if the teacher is a feeble old woman?

Linkalicious
then she better watch her mouth around her students...laughing out loud

Xena fan
it should not be that way! You got to school to learn NOT to fight!

burlyman
What if the little kid in a wheelchair has been caught smoking in the school grounds?

JKozzy
So why fight back? What does that solve? Nothing. This brings back to the debate we had a few years ago, whether teachers should be armed or not... perhaps if they were armed, they wouldn't be threatened by these so-called "child attackers."

WaDe_N_sPaRrOw
no...

SlipknoT
I think that if a teacher hits a kid the kid has all the right to hit him/her back.

Fire
Teachers dont have the right to hit a child, nor does a parent

Xena fan
Is not a good thing for a child to be hit. But there are countless cases in which young adults assult teachers in school. Alot of times teachers are force to defend themselves. do you really think that a teacher should just take the abuse? that is unjust and any agressive child should be discipline. Or even better have the kid charged with assault and taken to a police dept. So in the end what do you prefer? a teacher discipline a child or a Police officer putting the child in handcuffs and throwing the child in jail? discipline is best left to the educators and not the law enforcement. Corporal punishment can help a child learn to respect adults. These days children dont give much respect to anyone anymore.

yerssot
so, cause sometimes teachers have to defend themselves they have the right to do a little pre-emptive strike ???

oh well, my pov is probably different cause I don't live in a gung ho-weapons country

WindDancer
Xena fan> Discipline yes! Abuse no! Children should be discipline in their education by teachers. Parents should discipline their children in behavior, and respect.

Fire> I like that! Discipline doesn't have to involve physical actions.

yerssot> All countried have weapons. Is the same everywhere.

§pearhead
Hey Xena...seems to me the beginning of this was just if you bad mouth or somthing, you'll get a whipping. When did this turn into extreme cases when a person's life is on the line? OF COURSE a teacher should defend themselves in that case--it might just be worth a manslaughter charge to stay alive in these extreme situations.

On the other hand...if teachers were given the right to use corporal punishment, I know plenty of teach's who would abuse that right.

ChinaNiki
As a teacher I would not want the responsibility of doling out corporal punishment. There are children who are always troublemakers. You know who they are and you expect them to act up in class. Those kids would end up getting punished so much it would become abuse. Sometimes those kids straighten up on their own if you don't pay any attention to the misbehavior or if the whole class gets punished for the actions of a few. Peer pressure can work to get good behavior since everyone hates being punished for something only a couple of kids were doing. The punishment that works best with my students is to make them put everything away and have to stand by their desks for five minutes without talking. If I hear the slightest whisper I nail 'em on it. If they act up again after the five minute punishement then I make them stand for the rest of class with no talking, just me staring them down. It works really well when their homeroom teacher comes by the room as they are being punished because then they yell at them too. Sometimes I will let the kids who were actively particpating and obviously paying attention sit while the rest have to stand. They hate that. If they are really good for the week and we finish up everything early, I play a game instead of making them do work or we watch a video.

yerssot
yes, every country has weapons... but to my memory, there hasn't been a teacher shot dead here by a student ...

WindDancer
To my memory there are different ways to hurt or kill a person. No place on earth a teacher is safe from an attack.

yerssot
your memory serves you well ... and still no teachers have been seriously hurt or killed here ...yet

Baylin
I say bring coporal punishment for kids, bring back the work houses!

yerssot
*cries to the moon* sad

Baylin
I also speak nonsense most of the time as well we all know! embarrasment

Linkalicious
Hey I'm all in favor of Corporal Punishment, but teachers should use blunt objects that are no smaller in diameter than a human wrist. Anything worth beating...is worth beating good!

Xena fan
Very well done ChinaNiki! You seem to be a very good educated woman. i dont mean to sound harsh towards children but some of the stories my friend ( who is a teacher btw ) tells me about children misbehaving and bein rude are awful. I just consider that corporal punishment sometimes is the best solution.
Very good interesting post ChinaNiki.

thumb up

Xena fan
Not beating Linkalicious discipline. Certain forms of punishment like ear pulling and spanking may work on children that are extremely hopeless cases.

DemonicGambit-2
I think if a student hits the teacher that isn't right, and first the school and parents should step in. Then if it happens again let the teacher hit them back, but what happens if they go overboard and end up beating the student. Students shouldn't hit a teacher period. And no using anything to beat students, that's just tramatizing in my opinion

wuTa
cp wouldnt work....what if a kid has add and isnt diagnosed yet...that kid would get his ass whupped for something that aint his fault.

mumygrl
I just read an article in my local channel 6 news that a kid from New Jersey was suspended from school for threatning his highly allergic teacher with a peanut butter cookie. Now you tell me if this kid doensn't deserve a sapanking! Teachers don't get paid enough to put up with kids that have no respect.

BackFire
I think the kids of today need a good asskicking on occasion. I overhear them when I'm out and I weep for the future. They all seem to think that they're invincible and brilliant even though they fail to conjure even the most simplistic sentance.

Here's a good way to start corporal punishment: If a kid who old enough to identify the difference between right and wrong brings a gun in to school, and is caught, he should be shot in the face immediately.

Lord Soth
To be sure yes

LarryTheArch
it will only make them want to hurt the ppl that imposed the corporal punishment

you cant solve violence with violence

they will just carry a gun to your home isntead stick out tongue

Evy_O
Not from the teacher, for sure messed From the parents yes, and a heavy punishment perhaps. But since the law can't be compliant and has to be severe and absolute, corporal punishment is either allowed always or never.

I'd say never yes

Darth Revan
I'm against it. I don't know why people think little kids should be paddled for misbehaving. And I know how moronic kids can be sometimes--trust me, I know. But I don't believe that gives us the right to cane them or paddle them... Most adults would be practically in tears after the beatings they used to give kids.

Darth Revan
The reason kids bring guns to school is NOT because they don't respect their teachers or they are mad at them. It has nothing to do with the teachers at all. In most cases, kids that bring weapons to school and try to, or succeed in shooting people, do it because they have been either a) abused at home or b) bullied at school. Clearly, you don't know how kid's minds work, or how the public school system works.

Darth Revan
Noooo... If a kid brings a gun to school and starts shooting people, he should be taken to jail. Problem solved. If he were to be spanked by a teacher, that would only make him MORE angry and want to hurt the teacher more than he already did. But like I said, kids usually don't attack teachers--they attack other kids.

And there is a BIG difference between making a joke about a teacher (which is what corporal punishment was used for when it was legal, if you somehow didn't know) and attacking one. If he makes fun of one, it's against the rules. If he attacks one, it's a crime. Kids who commit true CRIMES should be treated as adults.

LarryTheArch
to add to this, teachers dont deserve respect right off the bat. Some people are pieces of crap that dont deserve respect. Everyone has to earn respect now, it just isnt freely given out.

Darth Revan
Yes indeed. That's not to say they should physically attack a teacher... But I can hardly blame people my age for making jokes about bad teachers. And I confess that I've done it myself.

LarryTheArch
i do it to good teachers, but they know im playing around! yes

Xena
Very well put BackFire! certain punishments require phisical actions and thats what corporal punishment is about. Setting a disciplinary for youngsters is very important. if they dont respect their teachers or even their parents that means they will never respect the law! Which can be very bad for society.

<<Solo>>
Well....How you put it sounds like a bunch of BULLSH!T... because I know kids that are extremely smart.. act like jackasses...

Oh yeah and there are people that just mess up once or twice so do they deserve a beating for that? I could see ya if there a jackass everyday they do stuff really bad all the time. Then sure. But nothing worst then a spanking.

§H@Ń€
HELL NO THEY SHOULDN'T! no miffed

§pearhead
I'd like to point out that kids hate school to begin with. CP ain't gonna help.

<<Solo>>
That is true.

Xena
well that is very dumb! school is for their future! They hate it? thats a pity. Guess they will be flippin burgers at mc donalds.

<<Solo>>
Even the people that are genuisis at my school hate school.

LarryTheArch
Your a dumbass aint you? Kids naturally hate doing stuff they dont want too, and most are too young when they start to realize that IT IS THEIR FUTURE. I am just now realizing that high School and how well I do in it will influencve my life, and Im an 8th grader. You sound like you nevva had a childhood...

Xena
i dont appreciate name calling LarrytheArch! As for your comment YES! i did had a childhood everyone does! I was mostly addressing school drop outs! The ones that dont care about their future or school!

Darth Revan
If they don't care about their future, that's their own damn problem. They don't deserve to be beaten for it. And there are kids who realize the mistakes they made and decide to go back to school, WITHOUT being caned or paddled or anything...

§pearhead
yes. it is a pity. But will CP help them, one way or another? If you can prove that CP does help someone in that sense, you'd make a good lawyer.

silver_tears
construction workers get paid well, and they don't need a degree happy
to each their own I say.

yerssot
so? you called everyone that hates/hated school dumb, that includes me, so before you go off on "name calling" read your own posts again

pottermad
i am american but i am living in china for a year, here in the poorest school they do hit the children and i think that sux...i mean who r they to hit other people's children though i think that some children need severe punishments, but like writing lines, or send him a lot of extra homework but only stuf like that i totally hate when the teachers hit the childre. once when i just got here i was goin' 2 teach english in one school n i saw a teacher hitting a child and i stopped the teacher and she was so ****in' mad at me but hell i didn't care then i got fired 'cause they said that i shouldn't have done that n i didn't care.

ssoccergrl
i believe that corporal punishment should only be used if the kid(s) get totaly out of hand

David Duchovony
Corpral punishment should be left to an administrator.

Fiery Eyes
Being that both my kids were in the office ALOT LOL i'm all for corporal punishment

sim0921
HELL NO! If some kids dont want to learn, just send them out, and leave them be dirtbags, if thats their choise!
Beating them up won't solve anything. It will just make them hate school even more.
Also, think that, if teachers are allowed to hit students, what if your kid comes home with bruises and sh*t, just because the teacher is a maniac, you can't complain, because its his/her right!
Now thats bullsh*t.

Jackie Malfoy
Spanking should not be used in schools if a student disobeys then they should get a dention,
And if they keep it up then they should be suspended and then exspelled.It would then teach teh student that
He or she has miss up there change of gratuding from school and geting a job.So it up to them what they want for there futrue.That to me would be a very good thing to do in schools.JM Happy Dance

PVS
and that would be a damn shame if they "miss up there change of gratuding"

laughing out loud

Darth Revan
Um... You DO know what it means to expell a kid, right? Could you please explain to me how expelling a kid from school is going to get him ahead in life somehow? roll eyes (sarcastic)

FE&gt; The fact that your kids were in the office all the time probably only indicates that you weren't doing a very good job at home no expression

Jackie Malfoy
Some might be upset.Most jobs you have to have a highschool degree on when you get interview.So no job no money no place to live or eat!
Anyway what is your plan?JM

Darth Revan
Kids who do such stupid things in school as to be expelled don't think about stuff like that. And you're completely missing my point, which is that kicking a kid out of school and making him switch schools is only going to put him behind, making it even harder for him to graduate.

MY plan? Dubble yuu tee eff does that have to do with anything? I don't know why you care, but I have a good grade point average and I plan on going to college... Prolly Oregon State...

Jackie Malfoy
Hey you ask me a question so I ask you one!Fair is fair.Good collage I just hope you make it in highschool!JM

Darth Revan
The question you asked me was totally irrelevant to the thread, goldenrod. no expression

Jackie Malfoy
Well so it was.Good eye!Keep this up and you may learn something today!JM For now off to class to get good grades and go to a nice rich collage like you!JM Bye now!

PVS
and what an exiting day of school it must be eek!

fingerpainting: 11:00

naptime: 12:00

story time: 1:00

corpral punishment is wrong, but a school employee should
have the right to self defense, as deyfus seems to disagree with.
there is no reason to lay a hand on a student.

Darth Revan
laughing out loud

§nakehead
Violence is the answer to all problems.

But anyways I was one of the worst kids in school weither it was writing on the bathroom walls or sneaking my pet hamster in school so I could let him crap in the school cafe food

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.