Instant Messenging Pet Peeves

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JKozzy
Alright, we have away messages for a reason. If you can't talk, put one up. You can go invisible if you need to do schoolwork. Just don't stay online and say "sorry i cant talk" FFS. If you can't talk, don't be online. And don't block someone because they tell you that, because sorry, it's the truth. Not my fault you're online while you're doing homework. You can't possibly be doing eight hours of homework that requires you to be constantly online. If you can do that, you can at least say a hello, or how was your day. Total disregard for logic, pisses me off.

How about you? smile

Dregh
The only thing I understood of that was when you said How about you
I see no problem with sb stayin online for hours. Today I went to buy sth to the other side of the hood and I was hours and noone said nothin

BakaXero
ugh...
i forget to change my status sometimes...erm

JKozzy
On AIM though, it's blatently obvious if you're there or not. You're able to be invisible so you can talk to your buddys but they can't see if you're online or not... and there's the classic away message where you get a prewritten message if you IM them. The point is: why be signed on if you "can't talk"? Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

Dregh
You are right on that, being online while you are away on AIM, MSN, ICQ or whatever is a bother to the rest.

Ronny
Aaaah messed thats one of mine too... i did it like once but it was becuase i was just turning on the computer and the person imed me before i could log off stick out tongue

another would have to be when the systems logs you off or stops working entirely messed or if someone just stops talking to you...

or if they like say brb.... and like 3 hours later there like, 'sorry i had to goto the bathroom' or something messed

Alpha Centauri
You can always tell when someone is idle or not. I don't get mad if someone is online and doesn't IM me. Not like they owe it to me or anything.

I don't IM alot of the people on my buddy list.

I understand what you're saying but people shouldn't have to change their status according to you.

-AC

LanİeWindu™
I completely agree with you JKozzy.

I mean, sure you can be online and do research for homework or whatever, but do NOT sign on to MSN Messenger or the other IM's if you can't talk. It annoys the hell out of me when someone is signed on to MSN and say they are doing homework. Why stay on IM, which is FOR TALKING TO FRIENDS, if you are too busy to talk to them or anyone else for hours?

People, please please please sign off of the IM's if you won't be there or be able to respond for hours. If you are on AOL there is an exception since it's always there. But on MSN Mess, ICQ, or whatever else is out there...SIGN OFF!!!

Silver Stardust
Well I can kinda understand being on AIM/MSN and not wanting to talk but still being logged in...what if you're waiting for one person to log on so you can talk to them? I do that a lot, be logged into AIM/MSN just to talk to one person.

What really bothers me is when people I don't know IM me. It drives me insane.

Tptmanno1
Yea, I have a habit of cussing them out....

Silver Stardust
I have a habit of not saying anything and then blocking them.

Batarangs Blade
ppl who tak lyk dis genrly anoy me LOL ne wayz yah dats jus 1 o my pet peevs lmao but dats da way da cokee crumblz, ROFL kk kthxbai

Clovie
huh
i usually have it at n/a or something...

pinsleepe
I dont to this, I see no problem about it though messed I don't have problems with sleeping at nights because someone who was logged didn't have time for me smile

Jedi Priestess
Well sometimes there is a reason for this kozzman. For example last night I was doing a double file transfer from smoker of 2 smallville episodes. Now this takes a couple of hours, so I had to be "online" when I wasnt even home, as I left it running while I went to the basketball game. I honestly wish MSN had the feature of being online yet invisible the way Yahell messenger does. messed

JToTheP
Easy Kozzy, some of us set Idle to kick in very soon after we don't touch the PC.

Maybe the biggest situation, is why MSN sucks so much balls compared to YIM! and AIM.

Drumdude1167
not to get off topic but.....i love tool dance

JToTheP
I think YIM! crushes MSN in every possible way, because now even AIM has the option to let you appear invisible, so MSN is falling FAR behind for abilities as of late. I could careless that you can make your own screen name on MSN, all I ever did was posted lyrics anyway, they still need an invisible feature.

Clovie
exactly. why can't it be online and invisible?

Silver Stardust
Meh, I really don't like YIM that much...and AIM has had the invisible setting for quite some time stick out tongue

But it WOULD be very nice if MSN had something like that...there were quite a few times that I was being very anti-social and not wanting to talk to anyone but was still waiting for someone else. An invisible mode on MSN would be awesome.

JToTheP
The only "invisible" AIM had before the eye in the new version, was direct connecting with someone, then signing off, so it's alot easier then to keep direct connectiong EVERYONE. laughing out loud

Jedi Priestess
I think YIM crushes MSN as well except you cant transfer huge-assed files (like a hour long vid) via YIM. Hence the necessity of MSN for now. AND AIM blows, always has, always will. The very first messenging program I used was ICQ. smile

Silver Stardust
I have ICQ but I don't use it laughing out loud And I like AIM the best of the three, honestly.

Alpha Centauri
I've got the new Beta MSN. Screw you all.

-AC

JKozzy
But they're not idle. They're there, just refusing to talk. Amen. yes No, they're not idle, though. They're sitting there and physically type to me "I can't talk" while sitting there "doing homework." If you can't talk, sign off. I heard the beta MSN sucked, because you had no control over the messenger whatsoever, that it's not your messenging experience, it's Microsoft's.

Jackie Malfoy
I don't have IM but I keep online on this site all the time.All you have to read is my location and you know I am not online.JM

dark1365
Get MSN jackie!!!

Jackie Malfoy
sad I can't.My dad will not let me he said not until I am sixteen. mad I guess he does not trust me on it or something.JM evil face

dark1365
OMFG that is retarded!!!!!!!

a1hsauce
i like yahoo, its alil easier

Jackie Malfoy
I know me and my twin sister are still trying to talk him into it.But he will not listen.and my stepmom argees with him too.What makes it worst is that my dad talked to my mom about it and she argees to not let me have it.JMblowup

a1hsauce
hey jacks, i think u can use aim express, u dont really dl anything its like a smaller version of instant messenger where all u do is send and accept messages

Jackie Malfoy
smile REALLY?How do you get it to work online?JM cool

a1hsauce
ill pm u

Jackie Malfoy
Cool thanks!JMkisseshug

JKozzy
Alright, more of my pet peeve: when you know that they're talking to other people when there are QUOTES with the timestamp from today in multiple people's profiles. So I IM them, and they say "im sry i cant talk"... well Jesus H. You can talk to everyone and their mother, but you can't take two seconds out of your busy schuedule for me?

SaTsuJiN
Totally agreed.. I only put my away message up when I either shower.. or leave the house.. and I usually leave in my message an estimated return time, and also when I go to sleepz0r happy

Arachnoidfreak
The thing I hate most is ppl who typ liek diz!1!!one!1

Silver Stardust
So do I, biatch stick out tongue love it.

Imaginary
I hate that too. Most people who use retarded english on MSN use it because they're slow typers, but there's this group of girls at my school who use retarded english "to emphasise the word." It's a pain in the ass trying to make sense of them.

Silver Stardust
I flat out refuse to use netspeak other than omg, wtf, and lol. I type everything out fully.

bilb
But she does does love to use FFS, dont ya Star? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

hug

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.