Beta Ray Bill VS. The Astonishing X-men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zahit
Scenario (or insert better plot devise if you got one) :
The X-men are on a space-mission with The Shi'ar fighting off the
Brood or something. The ensuing battle somehow threatens
Skuttlebutt, the starship containing the remaining Korbinites.
Beta Ray Bill steps up to defend the remnants of his people and
attacks everyone. To keep him from decimating the Shi'ar (who are
busy trying to kill The Brood) the X-men try to keep him busy.

discuss......

http://www.silver-surfer.us/Character_Bios/betaraythor.gif
http://imagesource.allposters.com/IMAGES/153/916833.jpg
plus Colossus of course.

spetznaz
If Thor can win then Beta Ray Bill also can. The only difference between the two was that Thor was born as an Asgardian, while Beta Ray was an enhanced alien cyborg who was given godhood by Odin.
Even his uru hammer StormBreaker has the same abilities as Thor's Mjolnir.

Tron
To simplify what spetnaz just said:

Beta Ray Bill "eats" them all.

stormfront13
I think the astonishing x-men would win. its six powerful people against one powerful person.

Swanky-Tuna
I don't think half of them could even phase Bill.

stormfront13
well i don't know too much about bill so thats why I said x-men

Swanky-Tuna
He's Thor with a horseface.

stormfront13
ha ha

Beyonder
You forgot...a better combatant and intelligent fighter.

Swanky-Tuna
What did you think "horseface" meant? Haha.

spetznaz
Actually it is 6 powerful people versus one new god.
Beta Ray would whoop the Xmen so bad that even Hela would refuse to take their souls into the underworld.

muffin man
really have to say the astonishing X-men

K3VIL
Colossus is a low rank Class 100 Strenght possessor.
It means he can go fist to fist with BRB but, onestly, BRB has Thor's equal strenght if not superior.It means he can beat the living crap out of the steel giant without problems, and the magical blasts of Storm Breaker can beat down him easy if BRB doesn't want a physical confrontation.

Wolverine, yes the best at what he do.But when he get blasted from SB and then punched from BRB into space, Logan will pray for his soul.

Beast, agile and with great reflexes, but Hank is really outmatched from BRB

Cyclops may try to blast BRB with his Optic Blast at full force, but if SB is equal to Mjolnir, it means BRB can project a GodForce blast, but it wouldn't be necessary.A normal blast can outclass Cyke's blasts, or BRB can simply absorb it and knock down Scott physically

Shadowcat with her phasing abilities can try some tricks against BRB, but looking at what the hammer can do, she'll pray for Colossus awakening and save her

Emma Frost
BRB can resist to her psychic attacks more than a normal human, and in a physical confrontation she's outclassed, but maybe BRB will avoid from hit a nice woman, or not.

kgkg
Beta Ray Bill = Thor
they have the same powers , i don't think these punny x-men can do any thing to BRB. Hey add Magnito then we have a fight.

BRB is too much for the them

simple as that

who?-kid
Which X-Men are we talking about ? And is Skuttlebutt included in the fight ?

Without problems ? Why is everybody underestimating Colossus ? Of course he will beat him, I don't doubt that for a second, but not "without problems". Colossus is a true powerhouse, end of story.

And don't forget Storm, though she's of course not on the same level than Thor/BRB when it comes down to controlling the weather and making storms and so, she certainly can distract him a bit.

And while Storm and Colossus are keeping BRB busy, even for a relative short while, what is holding Wolverine to do a sneak attack from the behind, and stab him in a place he doesn't like it ?

Tron
They're talking the current Astonishing X-Men team who?-kid, the team shown in the picture up top, the team that Storm's not on.wink

muffin man
I know you had some more but by saying that in my mind it seemed a bit stupid

K3VIL
With SB BRB can extinguish storms and control weather with a control hundred times superior than that of Storm.
Colossus is Class 100, but no someone that can lift outstanding weights like BRB or Thor, he's in the 150/180 Tons range.BRB has Thor's strenght, who was able to lift things like the Jormungad Serpent and substain the roof of an entire section of an airport when the soldiers of Moses Magnum were attacking it just to pull off some examples.Seriously this is a battle the X-Men cannot win.Wolverine stabbing BRB?He can slam him in the face and send Logan floating into space asking himself what did to me that Thor with a horse face?

who?-kid
Oh I see lol.

Fine, but I still stand by what I said earlier wink : some X-Men distract him, and Wolverine sneaks up behind and cuts him. It isn't a that unrealistic scenario.

I don't see any other way for the X-Men to win...

eleveninches
BRB is on the level of thor (pre-ascendant). SO he could easily beat them.

rougeredmage
which vertion of the astonishing xmen are we talking about....?
if its the shittty new ones then they willl get there assses welll and truely kicked however if its the orginaly AOA team then i would love to see this one through to its bitter end

juggernaut74
Well I dont see how one very powerful hero can take 6 heroes. Thor was(hes dead) no doubt Marvels top dog in the hero deparment and BRB is close to his equal but not quite. Believe it or not Colossus may be the deciding factor here cause the weaker younger version of him went the distance with Gladiator. He is capable of holding his own against BRB and keeping him busy while Wolverine takes a few good slashes. If the X-men all attacked at once like they did to the Sentinel in AXM #8 and like they are trained to do BRB is in trouble. I dont know if BRB can summon the Godforce. Never heard of him using it. Even if it didnt work it wouldnt be a easy fight like most think. The X-men have taken down bigger threats than BRB.

Tron
Yeah, but I don't see this specific team beating him, even with Colossus. Beta Ray Bill's probably argueably a better fighter than Thor, and he has beaten him before.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.