did luke & han know about the clone troopers?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

yo_yoda
In ep IV luke and han wore storm trooper suites to rescue liea.
When they took the suites off the troopers, didn't they see that they looked alike? Shouldn't that have been covered in the movie?

OB1-adobe
no, who cares. It was established in AOTC

yo_yoda
ya, but wouldn't you wonder why the hell they look the same

Ryoh
I always figured that the clone troopers from Ep2 (having accelerated growth and all) were all old and grey or dead, and since then the Empire has set up training bases to train actual people as troopers? This is supported in ANH when the two troopers were chatting with each other, I would think that the clones would be too trained and disciplined to do something like that. my $.02

-=Ryoh=-

yo_yoda
thank you. It is always awsome to get an educated answer. thanks

bilb
"you're kind of short for a stormtrooper...'

I dont think this was a big glacatic secret.

bilb

GCG
at the time of ANH , The Storm troopers were made up of some of the clones left over from the Clone wars and new recruits.So looking alike didnt really matter. surely short Stormtroopers would be doing the dishes or cooking

OB1-adobe
Exactly! Thanks for seein eye 2 eye with me Sweets! you better hed over to the Koruva Blue milk bar, I think you have an angry customer.

yo_yoda
thanks. I thought about that, but i still wondered about the remaining clones.

OB1-adobe
Yo yoda, you seem like a really nice person, and I don't want to get into a skirmish (little drunk right now).

But my "overanalyzing Alert" is about to go off.

OB1-adobe
Oh, just a heads up, sooner or later someone will be giving you crap for putting this in the wrong forum.

Sadako of Girth
Luke know of the Clone wars:
(To Obiwan) "YOU fought in the Clone wars...?"-ANH
So he probably knew about the troops being clones.....
And as mentioned above, Leia seemed to know, Chewie knew, having served with and then fought them...and Han he probably knew or was told by Chewie..... R2'd know if his memory survives Ep3 unerased...
Yeah I've always been under the impression (Since I saw AOTC) that it was common knowledge in the SW universe...
But whether or not the Stormtroopers Han and Luke mugged for their armour were actually Clones remains to be seen....

J.M FcThumbs-Up
You're right!
The same sorta issue is also discussed in another thread.
I repeat; GL himself states that during the old trilogy the imperial forces consists of prequel clones, new clone sources, conscripted soldiers, mercenaries, academie-graduates etc.. etc..
I see no need to further discuss this thread...no offense!

wink big grin

Ushgarak
Err, no, GL never stated the stormtroopers consisted of conscripted soldiers, to my knowledge. Only that they were all clones.

J.M FcThumbs-Up
Than go through all your non-EU SW-sources again...I don't just say it for fun, I know for sure it is said by George on some documentary or on the OS.
What you think the academy is for>not just fighterpilots or officers, also for recruitments of imperial soldiers!

No offense Ush! wink

Boris
I thought that some of them were clones, the rest of them just signed up.

tpaquin
INT MILLENIUM FALCON. HAN SOLO, CHEWBACCA, and LUKE SKYWALKER stand around two recently murdered stromtroopers. CHEBACCA removes teh hemet of teh first one, and shlowly removes that of the second one. The IDENTICAL FACES of the Stormtroopers shock the crew.

LUKE
My god....they're....they're the same!

HAN
SO THIS IS PROGRESS!!

bilb
But that never made it into the movie, hence it is not canon. Nice find though....

JKozzy
Was that from... what script, a draft? 1974? Or was it in the books? blink

mossman
Yes, actually - the academy is just for Imperial naval recruits.
GL has stated that the Clones = Stormtroopers.
They are clones, always were, always have been.

And this is not an EP III spoiler really...

tpaquin
I made it up on the spot.

JKozzy
Well, bilb said 'nice find', I figured it would've been from somewhere.

bilb
So did I Kozz............ stick out tongue

Ben-Kenobi
Who cares.

J.M FcThumbs-Up
Then again, you've never explored all the documentary.
If you go through all the NON-EU documentary from all the Episodes(on the DvD's), also intervieuws in magazines, on the OS and at the CON's, you'll find the answer.
Somebody asked why during the OT they(STORMTROOPERS) have different size and lenght, voice and appearance etc...so again;>>> The imperial army(OLD TRILOGY) is made up out of prequel CLONES, NEW clone-sources, conscripted soldiers, academy graduates etc...etc....
Why do you think they're called STORMTROOPERS, it would be unneccesary to call them that way if they're still the prequel CLONETROOPERS from the prequels>they(see description) became the main attack-force for the Empire, well ecuiped and well TRAINED, a brutal force totally loyal to the Emperor!

I'll not go through this excercise again, believe whatever you want to believe.
It has been discussed before in another thread...for me the issue is closed.

wink

Ushgarak
Sorry, J... but GL actually said the opposite- that they were all Clones. I advise you check your facts. The reason he gave for the different voices is that they are taken from different templates.

J.M FcThumbs-Up
I'm not to proud to say I'm wrong, but if that is so, then I think GL contradicts himself very often....

wink

Ushgarak
That I do not necessarily deny... but it is the info we have.

bilb
Well I also heard him say that the reason they are different is that they are the copies of copies AND that they ended up letting the relatives of imperial officers be stormtroopers. Like galactic narcissism,

smoker4
Yep i heard that mentioned too

eleveninches
I think the stormtroopers were all clones, but the imperial officers and the non-stormtrooper ground troops from ROTJ were non-clone human recruits

Ushgarak
No no, he said they let the relatives be the new templates.

"I think the stormtroopers were all clones, but the imperial officers and the non-stormtrooper ground troops from ROTJ were non-clone human recruits"

I dunno about the speeder bike guys; they seemed like troopers to me in a different outfit. The officers etc. and the Death Star security staff (black helmets)- indeed yes they are almost certainly non-clones.

Turkish
Luke did know about the "Clone Wars" , remeber when he asked OB1 if he faught in them? So reguardless if the troopers they (he and Han) stole the uniforms from were clones or not, I belive Luke knows about them.

wishmaster
i think luke did because in a new hope they talk about the clone wars and its a big part of htere history Happy Dance

J.M FcThumbs-Up
Exactly, that's what I meant....
I'm confused...actually I don't care, but still I'm gonna stick with my old oppinion....
Thanks Bilbs and Smoker too!!!!!!!

thumb up

Ushgarak
No, sorry, J, that is not what he said. Bilb misquoted him.

So sorry... but according to GL, yuo are wrong if you stick to that opinion.

I just want to make this clear again. GL has directly said that the Stormtroopers are all Clones... just Clones from different templates.

Here is how it was reported:

"However, there is also an in-universe explanation, provided by none other than George Lucas himself. During the productions of Episode III, Lucas told crewmembers that the stormtroopers seen in Episode IV are made from multiple sources. That is, they're not all Jango clones. By that time in the saga, other clone hosts have been selected.

Lucas intimated that the selection process has become more political than strategic in some cases - a highly placed officer's cousin might be selected over a more capable specimen, for example. "

That's how it is! Relatives etc as TEMPLATES, not members.

So I am afraid that is the end of the discussion on that particular point.

bilb
Now whats being misquoted? Lucas INTIMATED? Not exactly from the big man's own mouth now is it?

Mist
exactly right. since jango died, and he was the prime clone choice, eventually the jango clones become less and less competent. id say palpatine would have ordered the cloning facilities destroyed so noone else could combat his army, so he set up recruitment facilities.

ps, since luke is shorter than stormtroopers, how can he fit in the armour?

Cipher
With no new genetic material the Kaminoans (assuming they're still doing the work), would have to get a new source or sources. So the troopers who got ambushed may not have been identical at all.

Being made from other sources would explain why the Stormtroopers couldn't hit the broadside of an AT-AT.

Ushgarak
Well, that was from Insider, and is the word from GL's mouth, and furthermore is the source you got your erroneous interpretation from, so in as much as we know anything about it... THIS is what we know.

bilb
ummmm, whatever dude. For all you know I could be GL's lover that he tells all SW secrets to everynight.
Geez, stupid me. I thought forums were for discussion, not lectures.

ARC Trooper 117
I hate that damned explanation.
Why do they have to ALL be Clones? roll eyes (sarcastic)
That's stupid....so, damned stupid.....roll eyes (sarcastic)

jedijunky1138
Look everyone Ush is the only one to back up his story with actual quotes and sources for the quotes. Most of us know that this is the true origin of the storm troopers. GL stated it himself. How can you argue this point? If you think that USH is incorrect feel free to prove him wrong but be prepared to show proof.

ARC Trooper 117
I don't think he's incorrect....I've read the quotes he's talking about....
But I still think it's REALLY freaking stupid!

jedijunky1138
Well ARC, you have that right laughing

ARC Trooper 117
Take THAT George Lucas and the Empire I and all your SW Fans helped you create by funding you for over 20 years! mad
stick out tongue

bilb
Suprisingly enough, I have been reading about & watching SW for 28 years now. ANd believe it or not, I can have an opinion even if its not what everyone else thinks. So while I may not be able quote the SW Bible chapter & verse, I do know what I'm talking about.

jedijunky1138
I have been watching starwars for 37 years but I dont try to pass off my opinions as fact. wink

bilb
Nor do I

37 years? how is that even possible? It came out in 1977

jedijunky1138
bilb my statement was not directed towards you. it was directed towards JMfcThumbs-up who seemed to want to argue with the facts. Im sorry if I offended you in anyway.

jedijunky1138
What I meant to say was that I am 37 years old and have been a fan from the beginning. stick out tongue

Ushgarak
Look, those are the facts. If you can't take them, tough, but whining about them won't change that.

bilb
OK cool Jedi, thanks......

bilb
Like I said, whatever. Or do you just have to have the last word, if so...knock yourself out.

ARC Trooper 117
Same here, minus 10 years from your total. wink

Cipher
Does it really matter if the stormtroopers are or not?
I don't think it would really affect the experience of viewing the OT, myself.

Somtimes I think Lucas just makes up things off the top of his head when he's
asked these questions by fanboys (and girls).

If they're clones, they didn't come very good sources........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.