Song Meanings

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ronny
eek! Oh my god i just had like teh best idea!

ok here is an example:

Person-A:- Hey what do you think Passenger by Deftones is about?

Person-B:- Yo man, i think Passenger is about having sex in a car...

What About Tool's Ticks & Leeches?

~embarrasment sorry i was bored~

I start off stick out tongue ... Passenger laughing out loud

Alpha Centauri
It's about being kidnapped and taken away, similar to Feiticiera.

By Chino's own admission.

-AC

Ronny
And enjoying it, yea chino said that in an interview i saw, i just wanted to see what you guys would say

ok New song

APC - The Noose

Alpha Centauri
Drug addiction and overcoming it. Yet, remembering that just because you've beat a drug addiction, it doesn't make you ultra special. Don't let it go to your head and think you're better than everyone else because you WERE in a bad position.

"Your halo is slipping down to choke you now".

I can't really name a song and ask for a meaning coz I get most of them.

-AC

Df02
well la de da stick out tongue
but doesnt have to be a song u dont know the meaning for, just ask 1 and then see what other ppl put stick out tongue

eggmayo
Bohemian Rhapsody

Deathblow
I don't think that has any meaning really messed

room #99
Tool - The Grudge ?

loserib
a ggod song writer can write a song and it have difrent meanings for difrent people

Alpha Centauri
The Grudge: Basically it's mocking people who hold grudges really. The line "Wear your grudge like a crown of negativity" is pointing a finger at those who bear grudges and show them off like it's something to be proud of. The astrological references could point to many things. The most obvious being the story of how the roman god Saturn, ate his children for fear of being overthrown. The grudge consumed him to that end. It could also point to the fact that Saturn represents order and organisation in astrology, so when it completes its orbit every 25 to 30 years I believe, it's a new chance (In Maynard's opinion) to grow and develop. To let go of grudges we are bearing, "Saturn comes back around, lifts you up like a child". OR on the flipside, it could be a point where our grudges get heavier, "Or drags you down like a stone. Consumes you till you choose to let this go", as a result of not letting grudges go.

It's essentially making fun by way of reverse psychology, of those who bear grudges. Showing the grudge bearers that what they're doing is pointless. For example "Terrified of being wrong, ultimatum prison cell" and "Unable to forgive your scarlet lettermen." Sort of like "You know you're wrong to hold this grudge but you don't wanna be proven wrong so you hole yourself away" and how they know they've done wrong but you're unable to forgive them due to your overpowering need to bear a grudge. The need to control everything about the person, by holding a grudge. On top of that there's the religious aspect with regards to the "tree of life" theories, used and practiced by qabalists. No need to get into that though.

Song: Growing on me by The Darkness.

-AC

room #99
alpha..where do you get these explainations
? is there a site ?

Alpha Centauri
That was one of mine and partially someone elses who I happened to agree with which was the end part about the qabalists and while I understand it, I didn't come up with it. So can't claim credit.

Rest is mine though. It's because, as I stated (much to the chagrin of others), I get Tool. I could actually be way off but that's one of the things Maynard has referred to.

Next song, a comedic one: Growing on me by The Darkness.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Standard love song/ genital wart related shenanigans.

Great art doesn't have A meaning, it's open to interpretation. We should be saying what we take things to be about, rather than what they are about. No piece of art is completely definable as a limited explanation, even if the author had a specific intention in mind.

Having said that: Paranoid Android by Radiohead.

Alpha Centauri
I always thought it was about the trauma of life and becoming paranoid at having compromised yourself to make things easier.

Haven't looked into it much.

-AC

room #99
Metallica - The Thing That Should Not Be ??

Alpha Centauri
Isn't it about, or in reference to, Ktulu? Stuck in a dreamstate within his sunken kingdom or something?

My aunt has a book called "The Call of Ktulu" by H.P Lovecraft. Lots of references appear to point to it.

Seems a bit out of context within the album though.

Hmm........The Real Thing, by Faith No More.

-AC

FistOfThe North
This one's like the analyzing lyrics thread.

Tptmanno1
I think the Real Things has alot to do with the line from Cowboy Bebob,
"I only want to know what true sadness is."
That you need to feel a range of human emotion to feel true happyness.
And he's at the point of true happyness and discribing the journey to get there.
He's calling it "the golden moment" And then discribing all the crap he had to go through.

Or it could be about drugs..

Hmm.
Opeth-In The Mist She Was Standing

Alpha Centauri
What about these lyrics:

"Merge the thread, merge the thread.
O' Moderator please, merge the thread."

From Merge the Thread by Alpha & The Centauris.

-AC

Tptmanno1
Some deep deep meaning behind that right there.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.