World of Warcraft hack n slash??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Havoc470
i was playing champions return to arms and i was wondering if people thought that blizzard should try their hand at a hack n slash game, people would say they would never do that....but look at starcraft: ghost

anyone think this would be a good or bad idea?

SaTsuJiN
starcraft ghost isnt hack n slash.. hack n slash is more like that game with Seig Warheit..dang..forgot the name of that game.. devil may cry is a hack n slash / RPG hybrid

SC : Ghost is more like a tactical espionage game.. but didnt they consider diablo 1 and 2 hack n slash? (even though they were both rpgs)... in any case... blizzard does very well at blending genres.. so I think it would be a good idea (as long as they use new characters / story etc)

Havoc470
yeah, i know ghost isnt a hack n slash, but im saying it really came out of nowhere considering starcraft was a strategy game and then took this nice leap into a sort of stealth game

i think it would be a great idea, judging from ghost they really care for their games and if they put forth the effort they could make some sort of hack n slash hybrid genre that could be the next big thing

§pearhead
SC: Ghost? Is that even coming out?

I haven't heard news about that in ages...

SaTsuJiN
I prefer streets of rage style beat-em-ups.. those are the best if you get a good multiplayer session on big grin

I think they dont want to take the attention off of world of warcraft just yet.. they'll release starcraft ghost. and then the world of warcraft expansion probably

Havoc470
yeah, they'll probably never make a hack n slash anyway....has anyone read about the new gauntlet seven sorrows hack n slash, i've read about it in GI and i really think they're gonna re-define the hack n slash genre, all the types of power-ups and combo's sound great and it focuses heavily on multiplayer

i agree with satsujin, streets of rage style beat-em-ups are amazing with a friend in the mix....that would be cool to have re-made

anyway, for the sake of staying on topic, blizzard probably isnt gonna be making any other WoW counter-parts anytime soon, but i feel that if they do, they'd make something pretty innovative for hack n slash games.......sadly, itll probably never happen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.