Yavin IV - Does It Have Any Natives?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkYoda
Expanded Universe aside, I was just thinking that on basically every planet seen in the Star Wars movies so far we know a little something about the native culture or wildlife... except for Yavin IV. It's natives appear to be extinct except for the rebel base. We don't even know what kind of wildlife is on Yavin IV except that it would be jungle life of some kind. Here's a brief list which shows what I mean. I didn't include anything Episode III of course.

Tatooine - Tusken Raiders, Jawas, Hutts, Sarlacc Pit, Rancor, Bantha, Eopie, Dewback, Ronto, etc.
Alderaan - Humans (never see the surface)
Death Star - Dianoga creature
Yavin IV - ? (Rebel Base in Massassi Temple ruins)
Hoth - Wampas, Tauntauns
Asteroid Belt - Space Slug, Mynocks
Dagobah - (Yoda), creature that spit out R2, swamp creatures, snakes
Bespin Cloud City - Humans, Ugnaughts
Endor Moon - Ewoks
Naboo - Humans, Gungans, creatures domesticated by the Gungans, various sea monsters
Coruscant - Humans, species and creatures from all over the galaxy
Kamino - Kaminoans, flying creature domesticated by Kaminoans, clones of Jango
Geonosis - Geonosians, Acklay, Nexu, Reek

Sadako of Girth
The Massassi (?)people apparently all mysteriously vanished from the the planet WAY before ANH.....

Ushgarak
I would say that a moon is less likely to have life... but then there is Endor... which didn't even seem to have a parent... strange...

Sadako of Girth
Or else thats SOME long orbit its in....... confused

PVS
yeah, i noticed that too.
why did they never show the parent planet?

Ushgarak
Simple- Star Wars and logic do not mix. Terms get thrown around without the meaning necessarily correlating.

Sadako of Girth
Man, its a good job there are no Vulcans in SW... wink
Imagine the headaches THEY would have with all this lack of followable logic... Ponfar'd look like a picnic...... borg

Silver Stardust
Hehehe!!!

I always wondered that myself...if Endor's a moon, then where the hell's the planet?!

yerssot
out to lunch?

DarkYoda
Well the official site actually says that Endor's small moon is also called Endor just like it's gas giant. Probably the special effects had already taken the biggest chunk of money and there wasn't enough left for added things like this. I don't remember seeing the star that gave light to Endor and the battle either.

yerssot
they could have fixed that in the DVD though, DY

eleveninches
Yavin 4 is featured heavily in the TOTJ series. Exar Kun had his temple there. There were lots of massini living there, as well as some dark side beasts.

ARC Trooper 117
Yes, but he said, "Expanded Universe aside". wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.