Marvel vs. Capcom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Ryugen
Who else has played these games because their probably the two best 2D fighters out there. The characters, moves, graphics, sound and stages were just awsome.

Kaistar
Hello, I was just wondering if any of you guys play this game competitively? I am looking forward to discussing Marvel with any of you fellow players which is the reason why I humbly made this thread. To start off, I've been playing this game for about almost 2 years now and I mainly consist of mainly top tier teams (Magneto/Sentinel/Storm/Cable teams). I consider myself a mediocre Marvel player (at least compared to top tournament players) so if any of you guys have any questions on this game whether its combos, tiers, glitches, etc., I would be more than willing to try to answer them =]

Peace

SaTsuJiN
MvC2's infinity combos were friggin insane lol

Kaistar
its all bout Magneto's ROM infinite (sj. lk, mk, dash down forward, lk, mk)

ROM = GGPO!

Kaistar
c'mon peeps! this thread has lots of potential. I would really like to discuss and/or answer questions to this game =] don't be shy

peace

Kaistar
i won't let this thread die. there has have to be someone out there w/ great curiousity to this game but isn't willing to step forward. i ask you people to please step forward and ask ANY questions (related to marvel that is). i do not believe in "stupid questions" because any question unanswered is a question worth answering.

Dogbert
Uh... I havent played much of either...

Kaistar
remember, if you have questions, do not hesitate to ask

peace =]

SaTsuJiN
Maybe we can have like an online fighting game discussion?.. this way we can learn from eachother n stuffz.. (it would have to be xbox or pc for me though).. I believe guilty gear XX reload and SVC : Chaos are both online compatible o_O

god number 2
capcom vs snk 2 was best in my opinion

Alpha Centauri
It's a fun game but a bit too fake. Ryu Vs The Hulk and all that.

Fun though.

-AC

Kaistar
i would be great if we did but i dont have xbox live =[ i do have GGXX#R though. that game is just too good

Kaistar
alright, just for kicks, i will post up some infinite combos/infinite setups w/ various characters. =]

lp = light punch
lk = light kick
(remember you have to combo 2 lp or lk to make a mp or mk)
mp = medium punch
mk = medium kick
hp = heavy punch
hk = heavy kick
D = dashing
C = crouching
S = standing
J = jump
sj = super jump
sjc = super jump cancel
df = dash forward
ddf = dash down forward
duf = dash up forward
tj = triangle jump (super jumping canel into dash down forward motion)
xx = cancel into
u = up
d = down
b = back
f = forward

Iron Man -

setup #1: D.d.lk, d.mp, S.hk, sj, hp, ddf, lk, mk, u.hp, repeat brackets
setup #2: tj.lk, mk, land, c. lk, c. mp, sjc, lp, df, lp, u.hp, repeat brackets (a little harder than the setup #1 because it requires precise timing for the super jump cancel)

I'll post up more later =]

Kaistar
just for the record this thread will focus on Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (at least what i will be discussing) almost nothing that i will be discussing can be appliable to Marvel vs. Capcom (i.e. strategies, infinites, combos, etc. the game engines differenciate from eachother)

Kaistar
arent all game a bit too fake =p

Cooties
The game is aought. But i still can't get over the fact u can't turn into shin akuma or evil ryu.

eleveninches
I always wanted to play this game, but never got a copy of it. sad

badsymbiote
I love these games, but it doesn't seem to draw too much ACTUAL content from comic books.
The game characters are based largely on the physical appearances of the Marvel characters, and aside from their individual special moves (which are considerably better in MVC2 for x-box), little more consideration to the characters themselves as they exist in the Marvel universe is incorporated into the gameplay.

I was just playing this game yesterday, in fact. I like the original, but I think the second is far better, offering like 50 characters from which to choose.

Generally, I like to use my "super-team". I start with Venom, then usually switch to Rogue and lastly use Spidey. It is a good team for head-to-head matchups, but I cannot beat Abyss with this team. In fact, I cannot get more than halfway through his third and final appearance in the game. I am committed to these characters and would like to finish the game with them, but I feel that this is impossible. Would love to hear any suggestions on how to make my Abyss *ss-whooping a reality.

Kaistar
VENOM: when fighting abyss form 1, you wanna use jab venom fangs as much as possible but cautiously at the same time. the best time to do them is when he is throwing that horn at you. when you see him charge his big cannon, super jump and dash to the other side and punish him after he is done (if you hit him while he is doing it, you will also get hit). be constantly on your guard as well as super jump dashing over him and you will be fine. abyss form 2, you want to use jumping hp and venom rushes (QCF + kick) from a far distance. BE CAREFUL w/ his supers though! when he calls out his bubbles, since venom cannot really defend himself rather good against them, super jump dash over abyss or use death bite super would prolly work (at least thats what i did when i tested it out). when fighting abyss form 3, you want to use jumping hp and hk and combo everything into a venom fang. DO THIS ONLY WHEN HE IS ON THE SCREEN. be on guard everytime he isn't. i'll post up more later. hope that helps =]

Kaistar
its not easy playing as low tiers. for this reason, i will post up a list of tiers:

top tier

sentinel
magneto
storm
cable

mid tier

iron man
cyclops
spiral
dr. doom
blackheart
strider
cammy

mid/low tier

juggernaut
colosus
war machine
rogue
silver samurai
dhalsim
hulk
omega red
ruby heart
wolverine
bone wolverine
venom

low tier

everyone else

lowest low tier

servebot
dan
roll
zangief

this tier list is not an official tier list but rather my personal opinion

Lord S
Yeah MvC2 is a great game...just wish it had a bit of a storyline, and alternate endings. Oh well.

BTW, my best and most productive line is Cable, Iron Man, and Dr. Doom.

ResEvil_4ever
Come on...Everyone knows Capcom makes the best games
Marvel is fine but i don't like the graphic's of their games

FallenArchAngel
"Who else has played these games because their probably the two best 2D fighters out there. The characters, moves, graphics, sound and stages were just awsome"

I agree they are really cool games, I got a demo the other day of Capcon vs SNKmessedVC chaos. This one was developed by SNK rather than Capcom, however from what I have seen it is not as good as Capcoms version

SaTsuJiN
Im a fan of both SNK and Capcom worlds , so both fighting styles are good imo.. I played MVC and MVC 2.. but I dont own either of them, so I couldnt really relate to much of its discussion

badsymbiote
Thank you. If your advice doesn't help, it'd just be due to my lack of video game prowess...I appreciate the help.

Oh, and I thought your post of the tiers was great.

SaTsuJiN
yeah, unfortunately every single fighting game has a top tier set of characters.. (making all the others a piece of crap when it comes to playing professionaly)

Kaistar
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
yeah, unfortunately every single fighting game has a top tier set of characters.. (making all the others a piece of crap when it comes to playing professionaly) I like your attitude. any other contributions?

Joker1237
so Were was Ryu in all of these? I was sure he was either a top or mid tier.

AdventChild
i agree...Ryu kicks ass!! I use Ryu,Sakura, and Iron Man!!! such a productive team! well any way for the highest combo attack i'd have to say it would probably be with ironman, warmachine, and BB Hood... !

Kaistar
Originally posted by Joker1237
so Were was Ryu in all of these? I was sure he was either a top or mid tier. Ryu is a LOW TIER in MVC2. trust me. he really sucks. however, u don't want to underestimate him completely. I've seen Duc Do (the best MVC2 player in the early days) win a tournament using Ryu, Ken, Akuma (Team Shoto). Unfortunately, him and Jay "Viscant" Snyder (another top player back in the day) are really the only ones I've witnessed use that team proficiently. Its REALLY HARD to pull off wins w/ against top tier team with that team but it ain't impossible. Nowadays, you will only see top players play w/ teams that consist of storm/magneto/sentinel/cable. Just for fun, I'll give you a little timeline of important milestones in Marvel.

2000 MVC2 Champion: Duc Do (spiral/cable/cyclops)

2001 MVC2 Champion: Justin Wong (storm/sentinel/cammy)

2002 MVC2 Champion: Justin Wong (magneto/cable/sentinel)

2003 MVC2 Champion: Justin Wong (magneto/cable/sentinel)

2004 MVC2 Champion: Justin Wong (storm/sentinel/captain commando)

(just as a note, Justin Wong has never NEVER lost a Marvel tournament in his life since he began playing; he is also known to have the most dominant fighting game winning streak ever)

Kaistar
Originally posted by AdventChild
i agree...Ryu kicks ass!! I use Ryu,Sakura, and Iron Man!!! such a productive team! well any way for the highest combo attack i'd have to say it would probably be with ironman, warmachine, and BB Hood... !

Marvel isn't all about combos really; mind games are in essential part of the game. sure its good to be able to execute flashy combos but in Marvel, if you combo 24/7, the damage scaling decreases and it becomes rather useless. for example, in magneto's super jump infinite, when magneto reaches a certain point to when the hit virtually takes away NO damage at all (in about the 50 hit mark), your opponent will spin out or "dizzy" right out of the combo and will reset the damage scaling. if you do magneto's 6 hit heavy combo (launch, sj, sj. hp, dash down forward, sj. hp, sj. hk, c. hk,), it takes almost as much as the whole infinite. another thing to really keep in mind when it comes to mind games is resets. a reset is the process when you crossover your opponent and start the combo over (doesn't necessarily have to be the same combo); for example, magneto w/ sentinel assist, c. lk + assist, c. mk, assist hits, dash under opponent, launch, if you perform this reset, your opponent will block incorrectly and the damage scaling will "reset" hence the name. most of the time your opponent will block the same direction but when you reset them, they will be blocking the wrong direction and you can finish them off faster plus it looks flashy as well. anymore questions concerning this game? =]

Kaistar
so Were was Ryu in all of these? I was sure he was either a top or mid tier. i forgot to add, Ryu WAS a mid tier back in the days of Marvel vs. Capcom and X-Men vs. Street Fighter when the games were much more balanced. In Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Ryu just doesn't have what it takes to hang w/ the big boys. Damn I have to go to my next class so I'll add on later. peace =]

Joker1237
great lol,

So what did they change of Ryu to make him go to the bottom of the Barrel of the low tiers?

Kaistar
great lol,

So what did they change of Ryu to make him go to the bottom of the Barrel of the low tiers? I'll try to break it down as best as I can. To start with, Capcom for some reason reduced the damage on his shinkuu hadouken to a very pitiful amount (seriously, Sentinel's s. hp, rp takes away more lol). He has not that great recovery (his hadoukens makes him very vulnerable if dodged on account of then being very slow), has ABSOLUTELY NO AIR MOBILITY (he can't air dash or double jump), he is not very fast on the ground, his air combos do much less damage than in the previous installments (his air combos cancelled to supers is rather worthless), none of his supers have range (except for his shinkuu hadouken, but even that doesn't do much; sure his shin shoryuken is mighty powerful but you cannot combo it without an assist). Ryu CAN actually hold it down fairly well against mid tiers and lower mid tiers, but what makes him look like a sorry character is when you put him against top tiers (actually, who doesn't lol). I mean, he does not have to work that hard against, lets say......Iron Man or Cyclops, but if you place him with Sentinel, its pretty much a free win for him.

Kaistar
Alright, I will explain to you all why Magneto/Storm/Sentinel/Cable are the best in this game.

Magneto:

WOW! What makes Magneto such a great force in this game is his rushdown game. Magneto to start, is the fastest character in the game. He has the ability to super jump or jump, then immediately cancel into his dash down forward, and hit any attack button which can combo afterwards if they get hit. Why is this good? Because it puts TONS of pressure on your opponent in his high and low blocking game which can cause your opponent to make mistakes and then capitalize from them. He has the fastest opening in the game (after the screen says "Fight"wink, has EXCELLENT air mobility on account of having the ability to dash in any direction that you position your stick in, has the fastest resets abilities in the game, he can also play a keep away game, and has some of the deadliest combos in the game. Don't f*ck w/ Magneto haha =].

Kaistar
Cable:

This guy is the king of the keep away game. If played Cable correctly, Cable will keep you on the other side of the screen and makes it INCREDIBLY ARDUOUS to get into him. But what good is keeping you away? It gives Cable LOTS of breathing room, he chips his opponent really well ("chip" or chip damage is the damage recieved when you block something), he is a really good battery character (battery character is a character who can build super meter really fast), and it will make your opponent stressed and will begin to make desperate moves which leads to mistakes. Making the slightest mistake against Cable is a REALLY REALLY BAD IDEA. Why? Because of Cable's infamous Air Hyper Viper Beam super. If you do the motions down, down forward, forward, up forward + 2 punces, it has INSTANT startup and a 1 frame beam projectile which can REALLY DAMAGE your opponent. To make him even deadlier, if Cable has 3 super meter (or if you have 5 super meters, you can link 5 AHVB on larger characters such as Blackheart, Sentinel, and Juggernaut), you can link 3 of his supers which can almost or instantly kill your opponent. IF YOU MESS UP, YOUR ASS GETS SHOT!

Kaistar
Storm:

Damn! This b*tch can throw it down! Basically what Storm is, is a female version of Magneto (but not quite as fast; but SHE IS EXTREMELY CLOSE in matching his speed). Yep, she can rushdown and reset you all day long and keep you dumbfounded after she finishes you off. In my opinion though, her greatest strength is her battery game and her runaway game. Lots of people might think, "runaway is cheap!" but it is a very useful tool. Runaway is just like keep away but it requires more defensive than offensive work. It will, just like keep away, make your opponents stressed and attempt desperations which Storm can capitalize from (depending on where you are) with her air combo to lightining attack xx lightning storm (which is also damaging; it may not be damaging like some combos but it works really well). Her battery game is probably her greatest arsenal. She can build meter faster than anyone else in the game by running away and throwing repeated heavy punches. To make matters worse, she can "float" (by holding up while she is in the air) which gives her more air time to throw hp to build meter. Another great attribute is her Hail Storm super. What she does is fly upwards and when it is initiated, a barrage of hail comes down from the sky and falls ALL OVER THE SCREEN. If you are not blocking the very moment when the hail comes decending down, you will eat a painful super. The only option you have when this is excecuted is to block because you CANNOT ESCAPE IT WITHOUT BLOCKING (except spiral, dhalsim, and psyloke if timed correctly with their teleports; but thats it. everyone else eats this if they do not block). Storm is the queen of Marvel haha =]

Kaistar
Sentinel:

This f*cker is just a f*ckin unstoppable tank of destruction. Sentinel is one of the only three characters that have default super armor (Juggernaut and Hulk are the only other ones with it as well) meaning that he has a great vitality and it is harder to setup combos with. Eventhough Sentinel is a very large character, he is incredibly fast for his size (on the ground and in the air). His flight mode has the fastest startup in the game and has the fastest flight mode mobility in the game. It's so fast that if someone tries to super jump attack you from below, you can hold up on the stick and you will fly upwards and they will not reach you, in other words, the higher they jump in the air, the higher you will fly (you cannot fly all the way to the top of the screen while they are grounded). You can cancel all of his regular moves into flight mode the moment you feel threatened. The only let down about flight mode is that if you are in flight mode or you unfly, you cannot block until you hit the ground. However, a really interesting attribute to his strengths was discovered and is called Unfly Mode. What this is really is a tool in which if Sentinel is hit to the point when he bounces right back from the hit, he has the ability to execute another hit after unflying from flight mode or the ability to block (to this day, we do not know if this is a glitch or an add on Capcom secretly applied to the game) which can open new doors to rushdown tactics w/ Sentinel. Even more abilities were discovered with Sentinel as the game was progressing. Fastflying was discovered not long after Unfly Mode. What Fastfly is is an advanced technique in which you can combo a light punch or light kick and immediately commence the combo after you activate flight mode. To execute it, you have to combo your opponent in the air after a light punch or light kick, cancel the hit into flight mode, and you combo the next hit with an up + light punch or light kick into whatever else. What makes this also really deadly is that you can call out your assist while you are in flight mode so you can do DEVESTATING COMBOS (for example, launch, lk, Fastfly, lk + captain commando assist, hp, upwards rocket punch; this 6 hit combo does about 50% damage on almost any character). Sentinel's defensive game is also probably second best next to Cable IMO on account of being able to cancel any normal move especially his c. fp or s. fp into flight mode and flying back making it very difficult for your opponent to punish you. The only real character that gives Sentinel a hard time is Cable for obvious reasons if your read my Cable basic breakdown paragraph above. Cable's keep away game/defensive game pins down Sentinel really well and can initiate an AHVB whenever he feels threatended (especially if Sentinel is in flight mode; even if Sentinel has Unfly Mode, Cable's AHVB INSTANT startup which comes out faster than Sentinel's unfly. I'll add more in a little while =]

Kaistar
Sentinel (con't):

Actually, Sentinel's Unfly is just as fast as Cable's AHVB in terms of blocking it, however, it REQUIRES PERFECT and I mean PERFECT timing for it to work. I myself have only done it about 8 times in my entire MVC2 experiences thats why I said Cable's AHVB is faster because it will most often be in Cable's favor. But beating Cable is far from impossible, it just requires extreme patience. A really good technique to use against your opponents (except Cable) is c. hp/s.hp cancel into flight mode to unfly because if you try to do a consecutive c.hp/s.hp without fly to unflying, it will not recover fast enough which will therefore leave you wide open for attacks. With canceling into fly to unfly it will come out almost immediately after you unfly. c. hp/s.hp or "spit lazer" as I like to call it takes away good amount of damage for a normal one hit move and it travels all the way across the screen really fast. It is good for putting pressure on your opponents (especially with a projectile assist). It is especially good to do this because if you time the c.hp/s.hp correctly, it becomes an unblockable hit which can be comboed into rocket punch to Hyper Sentinel Force super for beautiful damage (especially when your opponents character comes in after you killed off his first or second one). Sentinel IMO is the most evolved character in MVC2 as well as the hardest to master.

Kaistar
Originally posted by Kaistar
Marvel isn't all about combos really; mind games are in essential part of the game. sure its good to be able to execute flashy combos but in Marvel, if you combo 24/7, the damage scaling decreases and it becomes rather useless. for example, in magneto's super jump infinite, when magneto reaches a certain point to when the hit virtually takes away NO damage at all (in about the 50 hit mark), your opponent will spin out or "dizzy" right out of the combo and will reset the damage scaling. if you do magneto's 6 hit heavy combo (launch, sj, sj. hp, dash down forward, sj. hp, sj. hk, c. hk,), it takes almost as much as the whole infinite. another thing to really keep in mind when it comes to mind games is resets. a reset is the process when you crossover your opponent and start the combo over (doesn't necessarily have to be the same combo); for example, magneto w/ sentinel assist, c. lk + assist, c. mk, assist hits, dash under opponent, launch, if you perform this reset, your opponent will block incorrectly and the damage scaling will "reset" hence the name. most of the time your opponent will block the same direction but when you reset them, they will be blocking the wrong direction and you can finish them off faster plus it looks flashy as well. anymore questions concerning this game? =]

Baiting out your opponent's assist is another way of playing mind games in Marvel. For example, w/ Magneto, if you dash towards your opponent he might think that you are going to rush him and will begin to mash the assist button (i.e. captain commando) to defend himself better. instead of attacking him, try dashing back to avoid getting hit. when their assist misses hitting you he will still be on the screen for a couple of more moments. at this time, you can rush your opponent down without having to worry about assist. mix it up w/ baiting tactics like dashing over your opponents head and miss being hit by their assist, sj. dash down forward back, etc to become less predictable and increase your skill.

If any of this is hard for you people to understand I deeply apologize but I am trying my best to translate it better.

Kaistar
Sentinel (con't):

Sentinel defense:

- If your opponent tries to jump attack you from below while in flight mode, using hp aka "frying pan" will smack them back all the way back to the other side of the screen while causing some decent damage

- If you are in flight mode w/ the same scenario as above, send out an assist (perferrably an anti-air assist i.e. cable, cyclops, captain commando)

- dash back c. hp/s. hp + projectile assist, fly, unfly, repeat to keep distance from your opponent; pressures your opponent really well

- If you are standing below your opponents and they are super jumping at you, super jump and combo them (example: sj. lp, mp, rocket punch)

Kaistar
I'm still accepting any questions

Magee
I always wondered if there were any characters u could unlock but u cant buy them?

Kaistar
You cannot unfortunately (in the Dreamcast version at least; I have not really bothered touching the PS2 or X-Box versions). I have yet to hear a way to ACTUALLY do it in the arcades but I have heard rumors. The only quick way to obtain them is to share another memory file (with everyone unlocked) from your friends but other than that, no.

moises
Who is the 5th best character in your opinion?

Kaistar
Damn. This is a big argument me and a couple of my friends got over not so long ago. IMO, the 5 characters worthy enough to be called #5 are Iron Man, Cyclops, Spiral, Strider, and Dr. Doom. It's really hard to decide actually because they all have their own uses. Iron Man is the most combo crazy out of all of them (has a near 100% infinite into super), has one of the deadliest guard breakers in the game, and has a DHC (Delay Hyper Combo; when you do a super and then "delay" into someone elses) to fear. Cyclops is a great battery character, has a sj. hk which can beat out many things, has good ground combo abilities, can recover incredibly fast from most of his normals or specials, and has a great runaway game (not storm material but can do it good). Spiral can be very deadly as well; she can call out swords which can keep you on your defense for a long time, can teleport from almost any situation (her startup is so fast, she can teleport right out of cable's 1 frame AHVB), can mash her grabs which can at some points take away HALF of your life, builds battery better than any of the other 4 characters (she uses supers very sparingly, but she usually saves abuot 5 meters for your next character which is important to usually always put her on point in the beginning of your match), and has a very and i mean VERY annoying trap w/ Sentinel assist. Strider is just as great as Spiral. He has a great lockdown game (but has to rely on supers; but is a good battery character as well), can teleport to the opposite side VERY FAST (but does not have faster startup time than Spiral but can get to the other side of the screen faster), and has probably the greatest trap game w/ Dr. Doom assist (has an EXCELLENT chip game w/ Doom as well). Dr. Doom is IMO is probably the most versatile. His keep away game can be very effective if played correctly (sj. photon shots control space really well), he has some great air combos to super (has a good 45-50% combo to super), has a c. hk unblockable, has a good anywhere guard break, and is IMO the best all around assist in the game which makes him a great addition to almost any team. It is really hard to tell who is 5th best, IMO, it just depends on how the person plays. hope that helps.

peace

=]

Ketchuptome
Whoa Kaisar!!!U no alot!!!!
Uhh how do u turn ryu into evil ryu.And i most disagree on that 5 char.

1.Akuma
2.Magneto
3.Ironman/War machine
4.Servrbot( fast and can do crazy comos although weak)
5.Cable

Raging demon is answer really!!!LOL!!!

Draco69
1. Rogue
2. Psylocke
3. Iceman
4. Storm
5. Cable

Ketchuptome
Rogue!!!!
She only has one special!!!!

Draco69
So? She's highly adaptable to any situation. Especially with her absorbing ability. She combos really well too.

Kaistar
Originally posted by Ketchuptome
Whoa Kaisar!!!U no alot!!!!
Uhh how do u turn ryu into evil ryu.And i most disagree on that 5 char.

1.Akuma
2.Magneto
3.Ironman/War machine
4.Servrbot( fast and can do crazy comos although weak)
5.Cable

Raging demon is answer really!!!LOL!!!

you can't. that is only appliable to Marvel vs. Capcom 1. no offense, but Servbot and Akuma do not really cut it. they have way too many weaknesses. lol don't get me started lol. its all good tho. I've seen people beast w/ low tier. see ya later

Kaistar
Originally posted by Draco69
So? She's highly adaptable to any situation. Especially with her absorbing ability. She combos really well too.

Rogue, if used correctly, can be DEADLY, I mean grim reaper deadly especially w/ tron bonne projectile assist (y). Patrick Henry aka Vegita-X has the deadliest Rogue I have ever seen. His Rogue has been known to TEAR APART top tier characters in a matter of seconds. You're right, she does have tools like the absorbing kiss, decent combos IMO, nice resets, and an awesome rushdown game rivaling even that of Magneto and Strom easily. She would be top tier if she had more/better supers to tell you the truth IMO. Unfortunately Ketchuptome, she is much better than Akuma or Iceman lol. If I can find some Rogue videos, I will try to post them up.

peace

Kaistar
http://zachd.com/mvc2/mummy.html

when enter the webpage, right click Vegita-X vs. Sentinaal and click save target as . If you look at match 2, OMG.................................total rape; nuff said

Kaistar
Rogue, if used correctly, can be DEADLY, I mean grim reaper deadly especially w/ tron bonne projectile assist (y). Patrick Henry aka Vegita-X has the deadliest Rogue I have ever seen. His Rogue has been known to TEAR APART top tier characters in a matter of seconds. You're right, she does have tools like the absorbing kiss, decent combos IMO, nice resets, and an awesome rushdown game rivaling even that of Magneto and Strom easily. She would be top tier if she had more/better supers to tell you the truth IMO. Unfortunately Ketchuptome, she is much better than Akuma or Iceman lol. If I can find some Rogue videos, I will try to post them up.

peace

Another significant weakness in her arsenal is that now that I've thought about it throughly, Rogue needs her assist in order for her to really be effective (T. Bonne projectile assist). If you look at the Vegita-X vids, Rogue gets beaten by Sentinel even w/ T. Bonne assist which is known to counter anti-air assists really well (like Cyclops). You can tell how Rogue was struggling to get into Sentinel but his fly back fierce, small but damaging combos, and vitality is too much. The only time she really messed up Sentinel was in the second match but that was because he was being played as an assist most of the time. I know assists had a lot to do w/ their victories; however, if it were a top notch Sentinel vs. a top notch Rogue 1 on 1, Rogue's chances of victory would have gone downhill but not dramatically. Nonetheless, Rogue is still a great character, but IMO not the best. Sentinel has too many strengths and Rogue would not have the proper tools to take him down. I know Vegita-X would disagree w/ me tho lol. If anyone would like to discuss this game further (Draco69 or anyone else), I would appreciated if you post up. thanx =]

SaTsuJiN
I like captain commando sad

Draco69
Sentinel is SOOOO cheap. I watched the video. It's nearly impossible to react to him

Kaistar
Originally posted by Draco69
Sentinel is SOOOO cheap. I watched the video. It's nearly impossible to react to him

thats why many expert Marvel players recognize him as the most broken character in the game. This fool just can't be touched haha. But I loved seeing Rogue destroy a whole team apart. It never gets old

Ketchuptome
Goodies!!!!!

savagerampage
I love using thanos, juggernaut and hulk. This game kicks major ass

Kaistar
Originally posted by savagerampage
I love using thanos, juggernaut and hulk. This game kicks major ass

Throw in Colossus over Thanos and you have Team Steroids lol. Replace Hulk for T. Bonne w/ y assist and you have Team Mega-Damage. Trust me evil face

Thats just me though

Kaistar
I'm going to add some info on Juggernaut in case you people didn't know. If you activate his Juggernaut Power Up (f,d,df + 2P) and you switch characters while he is still glowing red, you can switch him back in whenever you want throughout the entire match and he will have a permanent Juggernaut Power Up which can take away 1/3 more damage than usual (his Juggernaut Head Crush will take away about 2/3 of your life and can be cancalled from any normal move and most special moves). This is a game breaking glitch and is allowed in Marvel vs. Capcom 2 tournaments

SaTsuJiN
psylocke can do an infinite combo right?

Kaistar
psylocke can do an infinite combo right?

Yes but it only works on Sentinel =

air Sentinel:

the timing is a bit hard but still possible

I'm pretty sure she has a couple more but I'll post them up later

Ketchuptome
Kool

black robb
Originally posted by badsymbiote
I love these games, but it doesn't seem to draw too much ACTUAL content from comic books.
The game characters are based largely on the physical appearances of the Marvel characters, and aside from their individual special moves (which are considerably better in MVC2 for x-box), little more consideration to the characters themselves as they exist in the Marvel universe is incorporated into the gameplay.

I was just playing this game yesterday, in fact. I like the original, but I think the second is far better, offering like 50 characters from which to choose.

Generally, I like to use my "super-team". I start with Venom, then usually switch to Rogue and lastly use Spidey. It is a good team for head-to-head matchups, but I cannot beat Abyss with this team. In fact, I cannot get more than halfway through his third and final appearance in the game. I am committed to these characters and would like to finish the game with them, but I feel that this is impossible. Would love to hear any suggestions on how to make my Abyss *ss-whooping a reality.

I think the people who made the game didn't knoe that much about the comic books, the best evidence of this is why the hell does Venom seem to be able to manipulate his shadow and turn into a freakin giant mouth?

black robb
There is way to many people from Xmen i like Xmen but why the hell do they have Spiral in the game?

Kaistar
Originally posted by black robb
There is way to many people from Xmen i like Xmen but why the hell do they have Spiral in the game?

lol tell that to Capcom lol

hey, Spiral is a hella good character btw; probably better than 70 % of the roster haha

SaTsuJiN
I usually pick Hayato , Captain Commando , and maybe cyclops.. the third person varies

Kaistar
I usually pick Hayato , Captain Commando , and maybe cyclops.. the third person varies that team is decent but IMO, you should put Cyclops (or mid/top tier character) in first or second and leave Captain Commando as your last character because he is more of an assist character =]

Ketchuptome
my team is Akuma,Jin and servebot.
Speed,defence, and valility

black robb
The only character i use in every team is my boy Spidey

Ketchuptome
He very fast.Especially maximum spider

Kaistar
my team is Akuma,Jin and servebot.
Speed,defence, and valility LOL no offense, but that team has NO speed or defense. Akuma is one slow mofo and Jin and Servbot just suck. Seriously, Jin CANNOT combo for shit (I'm being a little to over exaggerating) and has possibly the worst recovery in the roster. For example, if you use s. hp and your opponent blocks, GAME OVER. If you use his tornado attack (hold back, forward + p) and is blocked, GAME OVER. If you block ANY of his supers its GAME OVER for Jin. If it is not GAME OVER, he will eat a devestating combo (if you are playing a DECENT player of course). The only real way to avoid this is if you have a good assist (Dr. Doom for example) and that does not even cut it sometimes. Akuma is much better than Jin but he still lacks a lot of versatility. Akuma has no air mobility, cannot rushdown, has one of the worst vitalites in the game next to Strider, and has too risky supers . Now Servbot, I don't even have to explain myself, just drop him. His only strenghts is that he is a very small character which makes it a little harder for bigger characters to combo him and his y assist super does good chipping damage. Thats about it

(I am mostly making my comparisons to mid/top tier characters which goes to show you how overpowered they are; you may have a better chance of success against other low tier characters in general but overall, they don't cut it)

Kaistar
He very fast.Especially maximum spider NOPE, he is actually suprisingly slow. His maximum spider DOES come out quick but has lots of startup time which can be blocked EASILY and is suicidal (unless it's comboed). If you try him out next time, try dashing on the ground and in the air, that will explain how fast he is. However, his normal moves do come out fast and can be recovered quickly but still lacks variety. His projectiles come out very slow and even if you do get trapped in them, he will most likely not make it in time to punish you (except probably his maximum spider). His Crawler Assault and his Super Web throw both lack decency. If you jump over his Crawler Assault, it's pretty much a free combo setup. His Ulitmate Web Throw lacks range and is still punishable if blocked or jumped over. He is not the combo crazy guy he once was in his previous installments, which sucks because he was one of my favorite characters.

If you or anyone else care to discuss this game furthermore, post up

SaTsuJiN
lol.. I've never seen someone get hit with a maximum spider

Kaistar
lol.. I've never seen someone get hit with a maximum spider

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

you can seriously see that shit coming like 234289374878596782348 miles away its not even funny

masta shake
this game rocks marvel vs capcom rocks but i am a resident evil fan so JILL VALEVTINE ROCKS my team in the game is JILL,MEGAMAN,WOLLVEREAN AND VENOM

gls
Originally posted by masta shake
this game rocks marvel vs capcom rocks but i am a resident evil fan so JILL VALEVTINE ROCKS my team in the game is JILL,MEGAMAN,WOLLVEREAN AND VENOM

wow..first off check ur spelling and try not to use caps all the time..it's annoying.

anywho..i had MvC2 for Dreamcast and played in the arcade whenever i had the chance.
my usual team was Gambit, Rogue, Servbot for fun
other characters i used a lot were Hayate, ryu, cable, Storm, iceman, son son, juggernaut, war machine, megaman and psylocke.

i used to play a lot since i had on dreamcast (imo best version on consoles). i have so many hours saved on that game.

Ketchuptome
LOL no offense, but that team has NO speed or defense. Akuma is one slow mofo and Jin and Servbot just suck. Seriously, Jin CANNOT combo for shit (I'm being a little to over exaggerating) and has possibly the worst recovery in the roster. For example, if you use s. hp and your opponent blocks, GAME OVER. If you use his tornado attack (hold back, forward + p) and is blocked, GAME OVER. If you block ANY of his supers its GAME OVER for Jin. If it is not GAME OVER, he will eat a devestating combo (if you are playing a DECENT player of course). The only real way to avoid this is if you have a good assist (Dr. Doom for example) and that does not even cut it sometimes. Akuma is much better than Jin but he still lacks a lot of versatility. Akuma has no air mobility, cannot rushdown, has one of the worst vitalites in the game next to Strider, and has too risky supers . Now Servbot, I don't even have to explain myself, just drop him. His only strenghts is that he is a very small character which makes it a little harder for bigger characters to combo him and his y assist super does good chipping damage. Thats about it

(I am mostly making my comparisons to mid/top tier characters which goes to show you how overpowered they are; you may have a better chance of success against other low tier characters in general but overall, they don't cut it)

eek! you wrote all of that just to compare n contarst my team big grin
Not bad.My new team is
Akuma
Magneto
Wolverine

or replace Wolv with Cable

Is this good?

Kaistar
eek! you wrote all of that just to compare n contarst my team big grin
Not bad.My new team is
Akuma
Magneto
Wolverine

or replace Wolv with Cable

Is this good? If you are going to replace any character, hmmm, I suggest you trade Akuma for Cable and have Magneto as your first character, Cable as 2nd, and Wolverine as your last. Wolverine isn't the best installment for that team but you can still do really well with it if played right. Just read my BASIC Cable breakdown paragraph in the previous pages to give you a better idea of how to use him or you can pm me for more info =]

Ketchuptome
If you are going to replace any character, hmmm, I suggest you trade Akuma for Cable and have Magneto as your first character, Cable as 2nd, and Wolverine as your last. Wolverine isn't the best installment for that team but you can still do really well with it if played right. Just read my BASIC Cable breakdown paragraph in the previous pages to give you a better idea of how to use him or you can pm me for more info =]

Nah, Ive been practicing with Gouki for to long to give him up.
I usually use Wolv as an assist and use Akuma and Magneto mostly.

Kaistar
It just depends on your style BUT I HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you keep Magneto and Cable on your team. If you want to keep using Akuma then there's no problem. In my honest opinion, I believe that Wolverine is slightly better than him.

Ketchuptome
Ok, why do you say Wolv is better than Akuma?

Kaistar
Ok, why do you say Wolv is better than Akuma? In my opinion, yes.

Ketchuptome
Why though?

Kaistar
Well, it depends which Wolverine you are talking about, but in general, both Wolverines have better air mobility (their drill claw can be used as an air dash; they can also wall jump which is almost equivalent to a double jump), have a slight better vitality (not by much but still better than Akuma's), faster ground dash (his ground dash is second to Magneto; Actually, if you read my previous posts, I said that Akuma's ground dash aren't fast; just ignore that, I tested it out a couple of days ago and man its pretty freakin fast), MUCH BETTER RUSHDOWN GAME, good ground combo into super (c. lk, c. mp, Berserker Barrage X or Berserker Barrage, Berserker Barrage X) which will send you all the way across the screen into the corner where Wolverine will stick to you like some sort of adhesive and not let you breathe for shit. However, one of the only things Akuma has over both Wolverines is his projectiles (which plays a pretty good defesne tool IMO) ad his more invincible anti-air (Gou Shoryuken). Akuma also has some pretty good combos too though ( c. lk, c. mk, standing HP xx Hadouken xx Shinkuu Hadouken) which does more damage than Wolverines' but in my opinion, it is harder to apply than Wolverines'. Wolverine doesn't dish out Akuma badly though. They will go toe and toe but IMO Wolverine is the overall better character. Damn, I'm tired, I'll post some more info later.

StaT1c
In attempt to revive this thread, does anyone still have any unanswered questions I can possibly resolve? Thanks =]

Freaky Zeeky
laughing out loud

EvilCap America
MY GOD someone here that knows how to play MvsC2 properly eek!

Anyways i play Team Watts myself.No matter how outdated it seems she works for me

StaT1c
Originally posted by EvilCap America

Anyways i play Team Watts myself.No matter how outdated it seems she works for me You nice. Team Watts was a buff ass team back in 2001 as well as Team Ducvader (Spiral/Cable/Sentinel) and Team Viscant (Dr. Doom/Storm/Cyclops). Team Watts is still buff if your opponent can't get around HP and HK demons.

Phoenix Aska
oh shit!

marvel vs capcom 2 is one of the best fighting games out...

I wonder if i've posted in here yet...

but they should make a marvel vs capcom 3..not like some game with capcom going against SNK or something like that...

StaT1c
Unfortunately, EA has got license of the Marvel franchise so thats virtually impossible now =[

Phoenix Aska
Originally posted by StaT1c
Unfortunately, EA has got license of the Marvel franchise so thats virtually impossible now =

o...that sucks...

Freaky Zeeky
Originally posted by EvilCap America

Anyways i play Team Watts myself.No matter how outdated it seems she works for me

What is Team Watts?

StaT1c
Originally posted by Freaky Zeeky
What is Team Watts? Team Watts = Blackheart/Sentinel/Commando

Phoenix Aska
lol

I use gambit, hayado, and either morrigan or strider as a third...

StaT1c
Just for fun, I'll give you guys a list of well-known team name translations:

Team Watts = Blackheart-b/Sentinel-y/Commando-b
Team Ducvader = Spiral-a/Cable-b/Sentinel-y
Team MSP = Magneto-a/Storm-a/Psyloke-a
Team Rowtron = Magneto-a/Cable-b/Sentinel-a
Team MSS-y = Magneto-a/Storm-a/Sentinel-y
Team MSS-a = Magneto-a/Storm-a/Sentinel-a
Team Mike_Z = Juggernaut-y/Dr.Doom-b/T. Bonne-y
Team Phat Toi = Iron Man-b/Sentinel-y/Cable-b
Team Julius Jackson = War Machine-a/Iron Man-b/Dr. Doom-b
Team Scrub = Sentinel-y/Cable-b/Commando-b
Team Matrix = Sentinel-y/Storm-a/Cyclops-b
Team Santhrax = Sentinel-y/Storm-a/Commando-b
Team Justin K = Gambit-a/Morrigan-b/SonSon-y
Team Viscant = Dr. Doom-b/Storm-a/Sentinel-y
Team Combofiend = Sentinel-y/Magneto-a/Iron man-b
Team Mixup = Magneto-a/Storm-a/T. Bonne-y
Team Ducvader v.2 = Sentinel-y/Cable-b/Cyclops-b
Team Justin Wong (oldschool) = Storm-a/Sentinel-y/Cammy-a
Team Clockw0rk = Strider-b/Sentinel-y/Dr. Doom-b
Team David Lee = Storm-a/Sentinel-y/Cable-b
Team Vegita-X = Rogue-a/Storm-a/T. Bonne-y
Team ZaZa = Wolverine (bone claw)-y/Wolverine (adamantium)-a/Sentinel-y
Team Dr.Spr0cter = Magneto-a/Jin-a/Dr. Doom-b

SaTsuJiN
so who are the must used characters? I personally found Dr. Doom really fun to play

http://www.slateman.net/sf/art/mvc2/series1/drdoom.jpg

StaT1c
Well, I have noticed that the most used characters used in tournaments are Magneto/Cable/Sentinel/Storm based teams nowadays which are also the top tiers of the game. Dr. Doom used to be a top tier back in its heyday (like 2000-2002) but has been dethroned by several characters. IMO, Dr. Doom is probably the 7th best character behind Iron Man and Cyclops with Strider and Sprial being right behind him.

Phoenix Aska
Just for fun, I'll give you guys a list of well-known team name translations:

Team Watts = Blackheart-b/Sentinel-y/Commando-b
Team Ducvader = Spiral-a/Cable-b/Sentinel-y
Team MSP = Magneto-a/Storm-a/Psyloke-a
Team Rowtron = Magneto-a/Cable-b/Sentinel-a
Team MSS-y = Magneto-a/Storm-a/Sentinel-y
Team MSS-a = Magneto-a/Storm-a/Sentinel-a
Team Mike_Z = Juggernaut-y/Dr.Doom-b/T. Bonne-y
Team Phat Toi = Iron Man-b/Sentinel-y/Cable-b
Team Julius Jackson = War Machine-a/Iron Man-b/Dr. Doom-b
Team Scrub = Sentinel-y/Cable-b/Commando-b
Team Matrix = Sentinel-y/Storm-a/Cyclops-b
Team Santhrax = Sentinel-y/Storm-a/Commando-b
Team Justin K = Gambit-a/Morrigan-b/SonSon-y
Team Viscant = Dr. Doom-b/Storm-a/Sentinel-y
Team Combofiend = Sentinel-y/Magneto-a/Iron man-b
Team Mixup = Magneto-a/Storm-a/T. Bonne-y
Team Ducvader v.2 = Sentinel-y/Cable-b/Cyclops-b
Team Justin Wong (oldschool) = Storm-a/Sentinel-y/Cammy-a
Team Clockw0rk = Strider-b/Sentinel-y/Dr. Doom-b
Team David Lee = Storm-a/Sentinel-y/Cable-b
Team Vegita-X = Rogue-a/Storm-a/T. Bonne-y
Team ZaZa = Wolverine (bone claw)-y/Wolverine (adamantium)-a/Sentinel-y
Team Dr.Spr0cter = Magneto-a/Jin-a/Dr. Doom-b

who came up with those names? confused

StaT1c
Originally posted by Phoenix Aska
who came up with those names? confused Most of them were named after players (Viscant, Dr.Spr0cter, Ducvader, Clockw0rk, Watts, etc), some are just simple abbreviations (MSS-y, MSP, etc) and some are just named after the way it's played (Team Scrub is supposed to be a team that virtually takes no skill how to play and just plain cheap hence the name lol). They just adapt over time I guess =]

Freaky Zeeky
so who are the must used characters? I personally found Dr. Doom really fun to play

http://www.slateman.net/sf/art/mvc2/series1/drdoom.jpg

To me Cable is.

My team now is Shuma Gorath/Akuma/Magneto. Comments?

StaT1c
Originally posted by Freaky Zeeky
To me Cable is.

My team now is Shuma Gorath/Akuma/Magneto. Comments? Put Cable back on your team. If that's your casual team, then thats cool. But if you expect to get big winning streaks, Cable is very essential to the team. Even Cable w/ a pixel of life and 5 super meters can still have hope of making a comeback. It's nearly impossible for Shuma to achieve that.

EDIT: I also suggest you put Magneto as your first character if you plan on keeping your team or take my suggestion. Magneto w/ assist is 1,000,000 times better than Magneto without.

CorderaMitchell
Fun game, one of my favorites. smile

StaT1c
Anyone have anymore questions about this scrubby ass game lol?

peace

CorderaMitchell
It is scrubby.

StaT1c
Oh Man! I almost had a heart attack there!

BUMPING THIS SHIT BACK TO NEVERLAND RANCH NO HOMO

Freaky Zeeky
Put Cable back on your team. If that's your casual team, then thats cool. But if you expect to get big winning streaks, Cable is very essential to the team. Even Cable w/ a pixel of life and 5 super meters can still have hope of making a comeback. It's nearly impossible for Shuma to achieve that.

EDIT: I also suggest you put Magneto as your first character if you plan on keeping your team or take my suggestion. Magneto w/ assist is 1,000,000 times better than Magneto without.

thumb up

MrBones
i loved this game and 2 was sick as well

StaT1c
Originally posted by MrBones
i loved this game and 2 was sick as well ...........Tha F*ck?!

Burner
...........Tha F*ck?!

He said he liked Marvel VS. Capcom, and that the second one was good as well, what was so hard to understand?

CorderaMitchell
Oh Man! I almost had a heart attack there!

BUMPING THIS SHIT BACK TO NEVERLAND RANCH NO HOMO

lol

StaT1c
Originally posted by Burner
He said he liked Marvel VS. Capcom, and that the second one was good as well, what was so hard to understand? That reply just seemed to make me laugh for some reason. It just seemed reminiscent to one of those spoiling the moment type of things in my opinion. laughing out loud

RANDOMNESS!

Freaky Zeeky
That reply just seemed to make me laugh for some reason. It just seemed reminiscent to one of those spoiling the moment type of things in my opinion. laughing out loud

RANDOMNESS!

laughing out loud

CorderaMitchell
rofl

Maji
Hey StaT1c, I read your posts and was wondering how my team is:

Morrigan / Doom / Juggy

And with Capn Commando or Capn America as substitutes sometimes.

StaT1c
Originally posted by Maji
Hey StaT1c, I read your posts and was wondering how my team is:

Morrigan / Doom / Juggy

And with Capn Commando or Capn America as substitutes sometimes. That team is actually PRETTY GOOD to tell you the truth. In order for it to be more effective and function better is if you put Juggernaut on point first w/ either ground assist or variety assist and then Dr. Doom w/ anti-air assist and then your third more dominant anti-air character (perferrably Captain Commando IMO because of the damage and obtaining the ability for his assist to reach all the way to the top of the screen; but you can use any of your other substitutes if you want; this is just my recommendation). Back to the team, when you start off a match, you want to "Glitch" up Juggernaut as fast as you can (see previous posts for references) and tag in Dr. Doom. You shouldn't worry that much for Juggernaut getting punished as you try to glitch him because of his super armor which lets him recieve less damage than most other characters. Also, you shouldn't worry that much about tagging in Dr. Doom keeping in mind that you might get punished for it; just wait until your opponents messes up in a combo and fight him off for a while and build meter or if Dr. Doom is almost dead by that time just DHC into Juggernaut. Juggernaut is what holds this team together and with his approximate 1/3 damage increase on all of his moves it pretty much compensates for all the beating that you might have recieved (he has very easy 100% damage combos (on most characters): j. hp, c.lk, s.hp xx Juggernaut Headcrush super or any throw combo in the corner: hp throw, j.lk, j.hk, land, Juggernaut Headcrush super, etc. You should also keep in note that all of his regular moves can be cancalled into his super at any time). With your glitched Juggernaut, you can also SEVERELY DAMAGE or in some cases kill your opponents' assist with ease by just doing his super even at full life. Remember, his super has a lot of invincibility which can let him go through ALMOST anything so you shouldn't feel so hesistant about doing it. It is a good idea to mix in a lot of his moves which recover very slow at the end (Juggernaut Punch, Juggernaut Headcrush in some instances, or his Belly Flop) with Dr. Doom's assist for better lockdown tactics and/or blocked attacks.

Ex: c.lk + Dr. Doom assist, s. hp, Juggernaut Punch

If done right, right when Juggernaut is recovering from his Juggernaut Punch, Dr. Doom's rocks will disrupt your opponent if he plans on retaliating. Play around with this duo and come up and practice your own variety of simple lockdowns.

I'll prolly post some more later. Man, I'm tired haha

EDIT: For added references, check out Mike_Z's Juggernaut and Doom tutorial videos in http://zachd.com/mvc2/ (located almost in the bottom of the page) smile

Maji
Ah yes, that video tutorial. Saw it a bit back, found the provided information to be excellent. And thanks for the evalution, I thought the team was pretty solid, just wanted to get a more of an expert's opinion on the matter.

Just curious though, what do you think of Guile? I know someone (my brother) who has to have him on absolutely every team he has.

he's not the brighest person anyway, since he thinks Colossus's Anti-Air assist is better than the normal dash one, though I try to explain to him that it's rarely going to work.

Sonic x 20
I usually use Cable, Ryu, Spider-Man, and Venom all the time and are a pretty good team.

StaT1c
Ah yes, that video tutorial. Saw it a bit back, found the provided information to be excellent. And thanks for the evalution, I thought the team was pretty solid, just wanted to get a more of an expert's opinion on the matter.

Just curious though, what do you think of Guile? I know someone (my brother) who has to have him on absolutely every team he has.

he's not the brighest person anyway, since he thinks Colossus's Anti-Air assist is better than the normal dash one, though I try to explain to him that it's rarely going to work. Guile is a pretty decent character in my opinion. To somewhat break him down, he has some pretty good air combos (c.lk, c.hp, ^ *hold down to charge*, sj.lp, sj.lk, sj.mp, sj.mk, Summersault kick; does about 60 damage on normal characters out of the 143 point damage scale), a semi-infinite (c.lk, c.hp, ^, sj.lp, sj.lk, sj.mp, pause, hp grab, OTG c.lk, c.hp, repeat; will irritate opponents who don't know how to tech hit LOL) a great c.hp in general which counters a lot of incoming attacks, a good projectile which travels all the way across the screen, can cancel almost all of his normals to combo to any ground super, his Crossfire Assault air super which has almost instant startup and a good DHC tool, and an overall great assist character for controlling large amount of diagnal area. However, he does have some flaws. He has very bad recovery on his Sonic Hurricane super and Summersault Strike super (should really only be used if you are certain the super will hit), has almost no air mobiltiy (his Crossfire Assault kinda counts as an air dash at the expense of a super meter LOL), very limited rushdown offensive priorities, has slow dash/wavedash capabilities, and limited specials which consist of all having to charge. Overall, an okay character. About the Colossus thing, yeah, that assist only works if you opponent likes to be airborne more than half of the time. Even
if that is the case, ground assist still outweighs it in sheer versatility.

If you got anymore questions, I'll try my best to answer them smile

Sonic x 20
How will you know if you unlocked someone on Marvel vs Capcom 2?

StaT1c
Originally posted by Sonic x 20
How will you know if you unlocked someone on Marvel vs Capcom 2? Ummm, be more specific. Are you talking about console or arcade?

Sonic x 20
I'm talking about the console for the PS2.

Maji
You have to buy them in the secret shop.

Sonic x 20
Thanks. I thought you had to unlock them another way. big grin big grin

Freaky Zeeky
I'm talking about the console for the PS2.

You have to get points and buy them from the secret shop.

Maji
Whats your team StaT1c?

StaT1c
I got lots of teams. However, the teams I use when serious are:

Magneto-a/Cable-b/Sentinel-a
Magneto-a/Storm-a/Sentinel-a
Sentinel-y/Storm-a/Cyclops-b
Magneto-a/Storm-a/Psyloke-a

When I'm semi-serious:

Iron Man-b/Dr. Doom-b/Cyclops-b
Iron Man-b/Sentinel-y/Dr. Doom-b
Iron Man-b/Cable-b/Dr. Doom-b
Sentinel-y/Storm-a/Iron Man-b

When I'm messing around:

Strider-b/Sentinel-y/Dr. Doom-b
Captain America-b/Storm-a/T. Bonne-y
Dan-b/Zangief-a/Captain Commando-b
Storm-a/Akuma-y/Guile-a

These are just from the top of my head

Maji
I love Dan so much.

They should of made one of his taunts an assist, so you could just summon him in whenever just to charge the super meter a little.

Sonic x 20
Dan can actually hit someone when he taunts.

Mainstream

yeah

Sonic x 20
Who is the best team in the game?

Mainstream
on the first one I like to play as War Machine and Gambit

and on M and C 2 I like to play as Iron Man, Cable and Gambit
and sometimes I'd put in Cyclops instead of Gambit.

StaT1c
Expertwise, I think the only teams worth mentioning in the best list are:

Sentinel-y/Storm-a/Captain Commando-b
Storm-a/Sentinel-y/Cable-b
Sentinel-y/Cable-b/Captain Commando-b
Sentinel-y/Cable-b/Cyclops-b

Other great teams:

Magneto-a/Storm-a/Sentinel-y
Iron Man-b/Sentinel-y/Cable-b
Sentinel-y/Magneto-a/Iron Man-b
Spiral-a/Cable-b/Sentinel-y

Sentinel is just that good

Darkstorm Zero
My teams usually consist of:

Akuma
Cable
Magneto

But I am generally flexible and have been known to mix-and-match with

Bison
Dr.Doom
Juggernaught
Cyclops
Sentinel

StaT1c
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
My teams usually consist of:

Akuma
Cable
Magneto

But I am generally flexible and have been known to mix-and-match with

Bison
Dr.Doom
Juggernaught
Cyclops
Sentinel Always put Magneto in first and learn how to do his ROM infinite. Learn that and you'll be spanking fools left and right

Darkstorm Zero
My general infinite is Hyper grav to HK and cancel the first hit into HG and repeat.

Maji
Expertwise, I think the only teams worth mentioning in the best list are:

Sentinel-y/Storm-a/Captain Commando-b
Storm-a/Sentinel-y/Cable-b
Sentinel-y/Cable-b/Captain Commando-b
Sentinel-y/Cable-b/Cyclops-b

Other great teams:

Magneto-a/Storm-a/Sentinel-y
Iron Man-b/Sentinel-y/Cable-b
Sentinel-y/Magneto-a/Iron Man-b
Spiral-a/Cable-b/Sentinel-y

Sentinel is just that good

Which leads me to believe that Sentinel is the most broken character in the game.

Darkstorm Zero
Probably...

I would have LOVED it even more if Capcom had stuck all the boss characters from the previous games into the mix...

Cyber Akuma was a terror in his one and only apperance.

StaT1c
Cyber Akuma was HELLA EASY lol

StaT1c
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
My general infinite is Hyper grav to HK and cancel the first hit into HG and repeat. The ROM infinite is sooooo much more effective though. Not putting you down or anything, it's just the truth smile

StaT1c
Which leads me to believe that Sentinel is the most broken character in the game. EXACTLY

Darkstorm Zero
Perhaps, But I love having the ability to easily change pace into an Air Cmbo or Magnetic Shockwave/Team Super.

StaT1c
you can also do that with the ROM infinite

Darkstorm Zero
The timing is more scratchy with the ROM combo though, Sort of like Sabertooths Air throw to Anti X super.

Maji
Onslaught was much more of a *****, unless you knew what to do (namely have Cpan America for the first form and War Machine for the second).

I personally wouldve like to have seen Narimaro, but I'm probably alone here.

Darkstorm Zero
You mean that joke character that was even eaker tha Dan?

Yeah, Onslaught although easy to beat when the computer uses him is an utter SOB when in a players hands, infinite supers mean infinite clones. Plus he can utterly whore his Sentinel bombing run.

Cyber Akuma on the other hand would be a scrubs wet dream, me was beyond god tier in the vs games.

A-poc was similar to Onslaught.

And the other marvel games bosses are playable. Juggernaught, Mags Dr.Doom and Thanos.

StaT1c
Getting down the ROM infinite is worth it in the end. You have so many options during the ROM such as resets, continuous Hyper Grav xx Tempest combos, Snapouts, etc. Plus it looks cooler wink

EDIT: actually, I'm not even sure you can infinite a s.hk (1 hit), to hyper grav. I know you can infinite a d.s.hp, hyper grav. in the corner, but now that I actually think of it, I'm a little unsure about your infinite.

Darkstorm Zero
I mastered it in X-men vs street fighter, and continued the tradition in MVC2, you just have to be sure to cancel the S.HK into the Hyper Grav before the second hit connects the timing is vey fast, but it is an inescapable trap thats simiar to the ROM combo in many ways.

Freaky Zeeky

I hate Dan

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>