Han Solo/Luke Get Frozen, Anakin Gets Burned!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkYoda
Heh. Just a thought I had. In ESB Luke gets badly frostbitten on Hoth and later Han gets frozen in carbonite. In ROTS Anakin gets burned. Lucas likes to take this story full circle doesn't he. rolling on floor laughing

bilb
I honestly dont think one has anything to do with the other

zavin
i agree

DarkYoda
Probably not. Lucas just likes to throw in all kinds of things. Hoth is the frozen planet. Mustafar is the burning planet. Tatooine is the desert. Endor is the jungle. Wookiees and Gungans are tall. Jawas and Ewoks are short.

bilb
Thats true but still, I think he is just going for diversity

darth eddie
i might be wrong but didnt Lucas say that when he made the planets he made them all extremes so the audience could tell the planets apart?

JKozzy
Looking a bit too far into it, methinks. You can come up with infinite connections if you think hard enough. Not everything is intended, just a few happy coincidences here and there, too.

DarkYoda
Well, seeing how Luke and Anakin mirror each other, it would be interesting if Anakin ended up in a bacta tank following his lava plunge just like Luke did after his incident on Hoth. wink

JKozzy
Nah, that would've happened in AOTC if it were to truly mirror stick out tongue

Note the recent pictures of Anakin and Dooku... looking almost exactly like ROTJ wink

Darth Subjekt
wrestlers and basketball players are tall, horse jockies are short. wide receivers are slim, line backers are fat. Middle East is desert, Niagra falls is water. People from france speak french, people from Spain speak spanish. We are smart, you are not.....i guess the worlds just full of crazy things like that. Life imitating art imitating life...seems GL shares the same sense of humor that God does.....i wonder if they bowl together to discuss these types of things.....

DarkYoda
You have to admit it isn't completely by accident...Lucas doing all these things.

For instance...Lucas does have a thing for small people. Luke Skywalker was originally going to be a midgit...you know...like the Lord Of The Rings and the hobbits.

He was going to use wookiees in ROTJ...instead he uses ewoks...completely polar opposites.

The first Trilogy Luke does all the right things...The second Trilogy Anakin does all the wrong things.

The only thing I am trying to point out it how Lucas seems to intentionally be making the trilogies opposites of each other that mirror each other...even the titles are opposites of each other...Return Of The Jedi...Revenge Of The Sith...

Anyone see a pattern? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Jedi Priestess
Indeed.... yes

J.M FcThumbs-Up
Meditate on this, I will! yes

DarkYoda
I found this pic in the Expanded Universe Forums. It is from the Revenge Of The Sith Video Game. Might be a subtle hint of what we may see in Episode III.

Here is the thread:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=323028&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=3

Edit: Never mind. I discovered it is fan made.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.