Todays Youth...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Miss_Faye
As i'm looking now into today's youth I see utter dissapointment to be honest with you. I see girls at the age of 10, 11, 12, 13 pregnant already. Shit at that age i was outside playing tag still or watching cartoons. Mind you I'm 19. I see boys already in jail for murder, rape, assault. Just what the hell is going on!?! What is happening with the small peepole? Girls are so worried about makeup, boys, sex, fashion and friends at such a young age now. Boys the same thing, worried about things that shouldnt be of any concern to them yet. I honestly don't know whats going on...I was hoping maybe someone here did.

KidRock
and these things havent been around forever?

speiderman
sinful things have been an influence on children ever since biblical times.

Miss_Faye
Not as much as today in case you haven't noticed.

speiderman
not true. In the 1960s children snuck off to rock concerts in spite of their parents telling them that rock and roll was evil.

Miss_Faye
er uhm..ok?

pinsleepe
Do you live in USA? confused

Miss_Faye
Yeah..

Clovie
actually you are right...

one of my friends told a kid who was looking as in age of 10 that he shouldn't smoke. and the kid told him to f.uck of..
honestly. it is getting scary sad

and suz.. it is not only states.
have you heard about that 15 your old guys who killed some homeless person.

§H@Ñ€
All of this has bee around for a very very long time, but since America is becoming more "open" you hear about it all. Long ago when someone 18 or younger had a kid, they were sent off to live with other relitaves, and since we have DNA test we can find out who killed who a lot easier. Think of back long ago when someone would kill another person in an alliey... there was nothing to go by, but since we have camera's and test we see more now.

And by the way, I'm 16 and I smoke and drink... is that really anyones elses problem but mine?!

(Clovie... I really liek you sig)

Clovie
(thankyou)

it is your problem only.
but it doesn't change the fact, that when i was younger life was looking a bit different.

silver_tears
Yes it is, you might think you're only harming yourself, but think about this hypothetically, what if one of those nights that you're drunk you drive or something, and manage to run someone over, who's problem is it then? Obviously older people drink irresponsibly as well, but they at least know their limits.

Or this whole thing with drug abuse. What is so harsh about young peoples' lives today that they have to smoke weed or take ecstacy or whatever to feel happy? Are they engaging in hard labour? Are the forced to walk like 2 miles to school? No, technically speaking, life has never been easier for a generation, so what gives? Why is being depressed or whatever the new hip thing? roll eyes (sarcastic)

And the whole thing about teen pregnancy, I find that just grotesque, don't even get me started.

Echuu
Agreed

Youth these days seem to think that they can do whatever they want and nothing bad will happen to them.

Miss_Faye
I agree fully, youth these days are changing from what i grow up or how i grew up.....and it's true it's because usa is becoming more "open" we're losing our values

Echuu
mhm- im 15 but im tryin my best i can stay in the minority of youth that have those good values

Miss_Faye
bravo to you!

Echuu
yes i hope so

but i doubt ill make too much of a difference

yerssot
in most cases:
pathetic attentionseeking

Miss_Faye
well it'll make a difference to you if it counts anything

Echuu
yeah yer rightembarrasment

im just being too pessimistic

Miss_Faye
very true Yersot. I think its a bit patheic though to look for attention of that sort....

Echuu
Parents have some to do with the youths problem. A lot of them had no morals either when they were young and they were doing things just as bad. But it's no reason to take any blame away from the youth. They are just as resonsible.

Miss_Faye
True i'll have to agree with you on that a little. Parents at time do drive kids over the edge but it's also the kids who wish to do the "bad" things, it doesn't effect their parents at all it only effects them. I think blaming their parents is the easy way out.

Miss_Faye
ahems atleast thats my opinon heheh

manny321
Parents don't ever think thier kid can do something so bad. That's why there are more problems.

Echuu
Oh definitely.
Parents need to take proper disciplinary actions at a young age too. Someone at this forum whom I can't remember said something like- "yeah parents say 'go to your room' where they have internet access, a tv, and videogames. "
They need to start at a young age with kids- showing them right from wrong and that they must obey the parents. When the kid gets older he/she needs to keep these things in mind when they are making decisions because they will have to take responsibility for their actions.

manny321
I serioulsy wonder at the kids around 12 13 already doing such things. At that age I was watching cartoons and had no worries and i didn't even know about such things. Even high school didn't make me turn all messed up.

Miss_Faye
Very true on the parents perspectives, I'v seen parents simply say that and sorry to say it but it's pure b.s. Parents yes do need to take proper disciplinary actions, for the greater good on their child. Not just saying to simply go to their room...tell where the hell is the punishment in that? No where! It's actually rewarding...hey go to yer room and play and yes my dear son/daughter do it again. Parents at time can be gullible and well...lets face it stupid

Echuu
yup

If the kid disobeys the parents after they told him not to do something then they have to wonder if what they did to punish him the first time was enough or if it was in one ear and out the other. And like you said; gullible. A lot of parents just dont get it.

Miss_Faye
Nope they don't. *le sigh* tsk tsk tsk

furryman
The age kids start stuff is getting younger and younger... and yeah I find it disgusting seeing 12 year old slags smoking.

I blame the media! stick out tongue

Miss_Faye
Oo media blamer....and i'll agree with you there too...

"smoking is cool"

silver_tears
right you are thumb up

yerssot
hey; once in a while I need to be that

silver_tears
once in a while wink

Miss_Faye
once in a while...ha, just dont do it to the point where its only pure drama cus then...blahs

Miss_Faye
silver tears,

love the teddy bear its so cute!

silver_tears
thanks, it's gone now embarrasment

Miss_Faye
lol aws

Miss_Faye
I wonder if the media has really driven some kids to do the crap they do now....is it really possible that the media has that much of control over the youth of today

Afro Cheese
I see what you're saying but I don't think it's nearly as new as you make it seem. You're only two years older than me and things today aren't much different from when I was a little kid. Could it be maybe that now that you're older you're a little more aware of it?

KidRock
no

big gay kirk
funny thing is, Plato and Socrates said exactly the same thing about the youth of their day....

WindDancer
I really don't know how to explain this so I'll do my best. The problems of the youth you're referring to have always existed since man has walk the earth. If you think about it there were cases of matchmakers that would pair very young girls with very young guys and when they got older they got marry. And as disturbing as this might sound who really knows if they even had sex and the girl got pregnant.

Fashions change with time and seasons. And styles either become more provocative or more conservative. With all that comes stereotyping of how a person looks like. Either a girl looks sporty or looks decent or she looks like total tramp. What's important is to be notice or to dress however you feel comfortable.

Jackie Malfoy
The world always been mess up like that.I blame the parents more then the kids through.JM

big gay kirk
And I would put some of the blame on the victorians and their misguided ideas of childhood.... until they totally messed it up, girls were women as soon as they were old enough to breed, and boys were men when their beard started to grow.... and because of the style of life back then, by the time a girl was twelve she would know how to run a house (not just help, but actually run) and boys would already have a trade.... even today the Jewish society holds manhood to begin at 13.... then along come the Victorians, with the idea of the sacredness of childhood, extending it to last until 21 years had passed.... so we end up with the scenario that we have people who are physically mature, but are treated as children... they then fail to mature quickly enough emotionally to cope with the urges of their physicality... we call it adolescence, because we are reluctant to rid ourselves of the myth of childhood.... surely we should be doing our best to make sure that by the onset of so-called adolescence, each young person has been allowed to mature emotionally, instead of being forced to behave in a way younger than their body is telling them they are....

WhoKnows?
well even kids my age call eachother motherf*****s and talk about sex and etc. i want to have nothing to do with it.

Clovie
'your age' means?

WhoKnows?
im around 13. guess.

Next Venom_girl
Heh heh. We're not ALL that bad. stick out tongue

Venom (to Carnage) "You must be two examples of that sociopathic youth that I've been reading about... led down the garden path to lives of criminal overindulgence by violent TV shows, comic books, and video games --! We don't believe for a second that TV, comics and games twisted your little sick-puppy brains-- I mean, WE watched and read all that same stuff -- and look how NICE we turned out!" *RIIIIP CRUNCH SNAP SPLOOT*
death

Oh, and blowing stuff up is cool. gunsmilie

bilb
yes

hh?
today's youth is filled with dumbass'

they need to read classic novels

and they need to listen to intelligent lyrical music

http://www.dustygroove.com/images/products/v/vakill~~~~~_darkestcl_102b.jpg

WhoKnows?
i knew i was the only one that did that.

Bardock42
Note that someone with an evanescence sig is saying that.

WhoKnows?
is this an insult or a sign of agreement?

Jackie Malfoy
With Bardock you never know.JM confused

WhoKnows?
evanescence has very good lyrics, you know. i write my own, though.

Bardock42
I don't know, I just put it there, people can now decide for themselves if they agree or disagree haha

Jackie Malfoy
Very sneaky my friend!JM wink laughing

big gay kirk
Like Alex in "A Clockwork Orange," you mean.....

WhoKnows?
i write my own songs, so people can criticize that if they want.

Bardock42
HEY you BIG GAY KIRK PERSON Alex in a Clockwork Orange is my Hero stick out tongue

Anway....well Who Knows post some of your lyrics and I will mwuahahahahahahahahahah evil face

mouth
i've given up on this generation
i'm only 19 and i don't follow any of today's trends
rather spend my life smokin spliffs in nature with real live music then go to some club with usher's annoying no sense songs being played over and over while girls dressed in nothing are begging for thier arses to be spanked.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

yep, this babe's stuck in the 60's for sure embarrasment

SaTsuJiN
hmm.. so what age bracket are we talking about when we say "Today's Youth" ? huh

eggmayo
Same... I shoulda been born in the sixties or seventies

WhoKnows?
read the bottom of my sig. did you think that was part of an evanescence song?

mouth
i dig that man, they knew how to live, they had the best music / musicians, people were starting to have a voice, protesting against war.. amazing philosophers lived back then.. now days everything seems to be taken for granted.. what i would do to have been my age now at Woodstock or the Summer of Love.. would have been living right on hippie hill in san fran

manny321
funny thing is that girls complain that guys are bothering them and harassing them a lot. Well duh, if your going to wear such low jeans that show your underwear, the guys are going to get turned on. Its funny sometimes. Some things i see 12 years old do is something i didn't even know about when i was there age. When i was 12, my only interest are video games and TV. I had no care in the world to get a girlfriend or be "cool". It wasn't until i was 16 i started caring about that.

Line
ah ... yeah ... sure ... because harrassment is something we just can't live without, and since men have no power over their urges, it should be completely allowed, cause hey! look at the trousers! poor guys!

Aini
...omg...just because girls wear low jeans give boys the right do that?
...I don't think so

botankus
Make today's youth get jobs at restaurants immediately when they're 16. All money earned will go into a trust fund which they will not touch until they're 22, which is the age where people should actually consider that you might know something in life.

That will teach them a few things:
1) You don't know everything
2) Appreciation for the employees of the food business so you won't b*tch about less-than-perfect service at a restaurant
3) More appreciation for money
4) You will have a better chance of being alive at 22, even though you're chances of dying before then are slim to begin with
5) You will get into less trouble (I was arrested at 20)
6) And you won't look like the second coming of Jodie Foster in Taxi Driver every time you step out in public. Though she was great in the movie, you will do nothing but embarrass yourself. Same for guys, too.

Have a nice day (unless you're a 12-year old hootchie).

KharmaDog

botankus
Very True.

WhoKnows?
its that cursed television. warping minds. doesnt warp mine for some reason.

manny321
lol in my neighbourhood there are guys acting like thugs wearing clothes pretending to be from the ghetto. I know most of those guys and they live near me and this is far from a ghetto!! Kids want to act so big and bad and act like the guys in rap videos even though parents are full with cash!! They want to think that they can't be successful in life and the government is going to make sure it won't happen. Bullshit! There parents have more then enough money to give them everything! Few are forced into being a criminal and most do it to get so called respect. Damn high school students. Thats the problem in Toronto. To many people fake to be thugs.

Also girls should know by wearing such clothes they face a higher chance of being harassed then getting a new boyfriend.

I am not an old grumpy man, i just went through a messed messed up high school. This isn't about poor kids going to crime. It kids thinking by being a thug they will get respect.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.