Can someone help me with this?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shadow link
i am going to buy a form of portable and am proabably going to go with a sony mzg750 (potable minidisc player/recorder thingy) and there was heaps of stuff about mzn (netmedia player thingies) can anyone tell me wats the difference (coz i cant afford the newer ones) exactyl wat i am loosing out on - wat i dont get if i dont buy the netmedia one

as far as i understood the first one u download/record songs and stuff and i fu want to download it u cant just download it straight off the net, but with the net media player u can download actual tracks - a burner - and its really fast

um yeah can u help me

Orlando Bloom03
What?

JKozzy
If you can't help... DON'T POST.

JKozzy
What exactly are you looking for? A way to download MP3s? Normally portable music devices have software to transfer downloaded MP3s to your portable device... Windows Media Player v9 has this support, as does Apple's iTunes.

The One Part 2
I have the Sony MZ-N707 that I bought for $100. I love it. The only drawback is that with the minidisc players, you have to buy the discs. I have one disc that hold about 30 songs or roughly 80 mins, and that's plenty for me. When I want to listen to something else, I just switch the songs. On the plus, it works seemlessly with Real Player.

JKozzy
Realplayer... puke Can't stand the thing. Windows Media Player and iTunes all the way thumb up

Fire
iTunes is good I still distrust WMP

The One Part 2
I thought iTunes only transfer to MP3 players. I'm not a big fan of Real Player, but it works perfectly with my minidisc player. That's about the only thing I use it for.

JKozzy
Why? Sure, its MS but I disabled all those information senders, and it's the most stable media player I've come by, with the exception of DIVX player for DIVX movies smile

shadow link
i know the question is a little confusing, ill re phrase it, i know the sony mzn minidisc player is the latest and the mzg is the older version

wats the difference between them exactly?

Fire
cause it's from windows Jkozzy, and because it used to suck big time WMP everything that came before 8.0 SUCKS

ash007
get a I-Pod there really amazing smile. you can store alot of music on it.

But its quite expensive to buy sad

shadow link
yeah i know lol - believe me ive explored this from every angle and stuff, when i buy a product i cant help oing a bit of research so i dont regret wat i buy and stuff. thats the reason i wouldnt get an ipod, plus there a little on the big side and yeah. it alos doesnt have removable storage thingy (which i guess realy could be good or bad either way)

an even more basic question that will help with my "research" is exactyl wat do minidisc players work - i mean i know there just a player for a small disc (or is it a square) that can store like 5 hours and stuff and u dont have to necessarily go to a computer to get data onto the discs, plus the discs are really cheap, um yeah

?????

Fire
no idea SL minidiscs never were my thing

rusky
Why don't u look for FlashStorage Mp3 Players ? They're sooo small and some even have 512 mb,FM playback AND recording and stuff..

shadow link
\

coz 512mb is like biggest flash memory u can get before atuff like an ipod, and anything with a 512 flsash memoery is too expensive for me, the thing with the md player is found this chepaer one on this site and wanted to know which one to get, or just what to consider when buying an md player

Oswald Kenobi
Shadow, I can tell you that I love my MD Player and I have one of the cheapest models. Most of them are the same in how they work. The price goes up with added features like faster writing and customizeable menus. What are you looking for your player to do? I might be able to help you better if you're looking for something specific. If all you want is to record some music from your computer to the disc, buy the cheapest you can find, but definitely go with Sony.

shadow link
thank you, that helps alot, its just that i was reading heaps of reviews for this md and they said it was the best until the net md comes out and i know that review must have been old i was wondering what exactly makes the net md's better. i was going to buy a discman coz that was the most affordable but then i found a really cheap one ona an auction and thought id better learn more about the different types.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.