xorn vs magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

savagerampage
i hope this one isnt done yet. although i dont know much about xorn. but he appears to have magnetos powers.(again i dont know much about him other then he killed jean grey. anyways who would win between xorn and magneto

my money is on good old magneto

Cosmic Cube
Xorn doesn't have magneto's power. He has complete control over gravity. Completye control. He is more powerful than Magneto, and could cause Mgnteo's molecules to collapse upon themselves. When Xorn wanted to commit suicide, he started to create a black hole that would destroy the solar system. He can control virtually anything with mass, because mass is accompanied by gravity, which he can control.

Xorn wins.

illadelph12
Magneto could take Xorn.

spetznaz
Completely agree - or maybe not. This battle is actually extremely good.
Based on quantum physics both Xorn and Magneto are exceedingly powerful. They each control 2 of the 4 forces behind everything in the (real) universe: electromagnetism for Magz, and gravity for Xorn (the other two forces are the weak nuclear force and the strong nuclear force).
Written well both have amazing power, and this is one reason i do not pooh-pooh magneto when he pops a new power ala Pre-Crisis Supes. Unlike my PreCrisis himself, Magneto actually has a basis for the powers he comes up with (and this is why Magneto is one of my fave MArvel characters).
However Xorn possesses a power that he can use to tear open singularities at will. Again, if he truly has total control over gravity, he can rip open time and space (gravity can affect, and bend, both - which is why Einstein said time travel would be possible through an Einstein-Rosen bridge, aka a wormhole or blackhole) throwing Magneto into a blackhole. Magneto's powers would be totally useless there. Nothing, not even light, can escape the crushing embrace of a black hole.
Magneto is uber powerful, Xorn is just more so.
And there is always the obscure theory that gravitons, what string theorists believe causes the pull of gravity, are actually omni-dimensional particles (this is when string theory stops behaving like science and starts looking like something froma poorly written comic book. Quantum physics, based on the books and articles i have read, starts looking like silly science fiction quite fast). Anyways, based on this theory Xorn could rip magneto into far flung realities with a gesture.

Caveat 1: Magneto is the darling of Marvel. Quantum physics or no quantum physics there is no way they would let him lose to Xorn. However, based on pure string theory Xorn should win.

Caveat 2: There is a chance the Magneto himself is a walking singularity. That his powers do not just include magnetism, but also the other 3 forces (gravity, weak nuclear, and strong nuclear force). If this is the case, and with Magz it is quite possible, he can rip Xorn apart from the macro to the micro to the quantum level. Literally do what science says is impossible - utterly destroy matter! The Phoenix force would be nothing for a well written Xorn, and ridiculously pathetic against a Singularity Magneto.

Caveat 3: This ties with the second one. String theorists believe that there is a way that all the four forces can be brought down to one equation. The unification theory. If this is the case the Xorn would be a walking singularity, and Magneto would be a walking singularity as well. Having all 4 forces in them. Thus a fight between the two would be a draw, and possibly spawn a new universe in the process.

The only thing one can be sure of is that if Xorn and Magneto fought at full power, that the only survivors would be Xorn and Magneto. Everyone else would be destroyed. Infact i'd bet even they would perish in the fray!

long pig
what does caveat mean?
magneto at full power is the top mutant in the universe.

demigawd
Excalibur #8 - Magneto creates a wormhole
Wormhole = Black hole with an exit (white hole)
Ergo, Magneto can create blackholes
Ergo, Magneto is proof of Unified Theory

Xorn has a star for a brain. His power works by varying the gravitational pull and electromagnetic radiation of the star for a head. He hasn't actually shown the ability to control electromagnetic energy outside of the effects generated by his own control over the star for a head. Of course, there are a lot of inconsistencies in that because Morrison genuinely meant for Xorn to BE Magneto until it was retconned. But based on what Xorn's power actually is, that's supposed to be the case.

Either way, Magneto is the only one of the two who exercises innate control over all EM energy, and the Unified Theory.

Magneto wins.

eleveninches
If they both have complete control over their respective powers, I would go for magneto, as the magnetic force is about 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times more powerful than gravity.

eleveninches
Xorn didnt kill jean. It was a magneto clone pretending to be xorn, sent to xavier's by sublime

demigawd
No, actually it was retconned to be (and I'm not making this up): Xorn's twin brother Xorn pretending to be Magneto pretending to be Xorn who did all that damage and killed Jean Grey. So, uh, technically, Magneto had nothing to do with that whole storyline.

Mainstream
I read about that gave me a headache and a half.

rougeredmage
Magneto. i mean come on Xorn.... lets be serious he is just a faker if you ask me. as i seemed to remember he pretended to heal xaivers legs but he didnt.

so lets get this right this is xorns twin brother, pretending to be xorn pretending to be magneto, after he pretedned to heal xaivers legs.

you can see the problem i have here. yes i am sure he does have all tht star in the head nonsence... but has he realy done anything consiquencal. thats a no he hasnt... while come on magnetos done so mutch stuff it could go on forever and ever

and thanks for mentioned the wormhole magneto thing before i did

savagerampage
is xorn a mutant. how on earth do u have a star in ur head. man i didnt know xorn was so powerful. magneto is when at full power is one of the strongest characters in the marvel universe. i would still pick him, hes older wise, and im sure much more craftier.

mr.smiley
i don't know if magnetos older or not

muffin man
What are Xorns powers?
remember in the comics were behind you

Eden Unicorn
It seems to me by the look of Xorn that his power is Utter survival. Some how he can withstand any force against him. The star in his brain is really his victory over the opposition that he faced.

Cosmic Cube
Xorn could reverse the polarity of any "wormhole" or "whitehole" Magneto produces. In fact, Xorn could cause Magneto's gravity to increase dramatically, instantly grafting him to the planet. Beat that Maggie.

Beyonder
You forgot Thanos...
You forgot Shaman Nate...
You forgot Franklin Richards...
You forgot Soldier X Cable and God-like Cable...

Nope, they're equal. Furthermore, gravity particles actually escape into other dimensions thus it sort of seems weak - but it's not.

demigawd
Well, even assuming Xorn has shown any such abilities (he hasn't), Magneto can reverse the reversal. And gravity would have no affect on Magneto because Magneto's control over the far more powerful EM spectrum would suspend the influence of gravity on him. Xorn wouldn't fare as well if Magneto did the same to him. In fact, Magneto could just destroy Xorn's blackhole entirely.

Cosmic Cube
Mind you, a Black hole isn't like a headlock, whoever gets sucked in is dead. If Magneto did create a black hole, Xorn could nullify his personal gravity, so he wouldn't be pulled in. Xorn's gravitational power far exceeds Magneto's limited power over gravity.

David Duchovony
So Juggernaut would not be able to survive a black hole I suppose?

Wynndar
I dont think it matters which power is more fundamental or powerful than the other...Magneto certainly doesnt have the raw power of Xorn. Magneto would require a much greater source to demonstrate the power that Xorn does. Magneto doesnt have infinite power, if he did he could throw around planets like a celestial. Kristoff even mentioned it to Doom once, Magneto could potentially be able to take on the FF, if Doom had granted him the cosmic power he stole from the silver surfer. Instead Doom gave that power to Tyros.

Cosmic Cube
No, He wouldn't.

Swanky-Tuna
I'm guessing it'll be a comic black hole/micro-sun/white star where at any point somebody could zap it and everything it sucked up would come spewing out.

Cosmic Cube
Of course.

demigawd
I don't get it...what power has Xorn shown? Xorn was a fake healer, then an unimpressive Magneto, then an unimpressive Magneto on Kick, then a guy with either a black hole or a star for a head (they can' decide) who has so little control over it that he needs an entire team of X-men to contain it for him. Where exactly is this power that people are so quick to say exceeds Magneto's? If Xorn had any degree of power whatsoever on a scale even remotely similar to what you and Cosmic Cube are suggesting...he'd just turn his head...off.

As it stands, I don't even think Xorn could beat Gambit, much less Magneto.

Swanky-Tuna
Wasn't the unimpressive Magneto on Kick the one that almost reversed the poles of the Earth?

demigawd
He was too drugged out to do much of anything, really.

Arsenal
I'm intrigued by this Xorn fellow. Would anyone happen to have some sort of bio on him?

Beyonder
Yes. Juggernaut's power comes from a god. His invulnerability is magic, not physical. I don't see how a blackhole can tear him up since his protection is divine and not biological.

rougeredmage
magneto is very very cunning though.. couldnt he just do the old classsic tried and tested technique of reduseing the iron content of xorns blood to a point where he collpassesss

what can i say a quicjk eas meathord of defeat and xorn may not even know whats happerns... it doesnt take any of magnetos fancy new powers to kill xorn.. if he wanted to kill him he could just stop his blood all together or make his blood flow the wrong way into his heart.. the possibiltys are endless

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.