Superman Prime vs Hulk...armwrestle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hoorayforpeepee
while hulk is being kicked in the balls by his great love...while she's making out with abomination. and hulk can only kill those guys if he buts supes prime in an arm wrestling contest.

Swanky-Tuna
You'd have to give Hulk something to feed off of emotionally or Superman will win with his naturally unbelievably high strength.

spetznaz
The Hulk would need several years to work up enough anger to cause Prime to even start straining a bit. Superman Prime is the strongest superman ever, making the planet juggler Pre-Crisis look like a chump. The Hulk has never had his upper strength limit quantified, but he needs time to work himself up to it. He usually starts (the stronger Green versions) at 100 ton strength.
Normal Superman would win the Hulk in an arm-wrestling match (again due to the fact that Supes has a higher base strength level, and although the Hulk might get stronger than normal Superman it takes some time and rage. An arm wrestling match doesn't have enough time to allow the Hulk to get to full speed).
Against Superman Prime the Hulk could be given enough prep time to make Batman envious, and he'd still lose (unless the prep time was inside a gamma generator for a couple thousand years, with something seriously annoying him like heck and causing his anger to seethe to unknown levels. Then he may be able to make Prime take note).
But having Prime sit down, and the Hulk sit opposite him,and they start to arm wrestle. .......Well, this would be one time the Hulk's healing factor would be a good thing - because he would have to regrow an entire arm (and shoulder).
Superman Prime by such a huge margin that the Hulk will have to revert back to Banner so as to get psychiatric assitance to soothe his injured pride. Some chiropractic consultation would also be necessary.
Prime wins - with ridiculous ease!

DarkCrawler
Yeah, they could show him Hostess (fruit pie, with oh so golden and delicious stuffing) articles for an couple thousand years. Prime would be crushed.

http://www.seanbaby.com/hostess.htm

Tron
"HOLY F*CK YOU, BATMAN!!"laughing out loud

Now that's the ill sh*t, lol.

OMEGA_05
LOL ^

IRTMU-Dragon
Hulk would take this easily...

If one punch from prime didnt kill him before he even has time to realize he needs to get angry, or is even facing him.

spetznaz
You must be kidding. NORMAL Superman would win against the Hulk in an ARM-WRESTLING match. Not a fight - and arm wrestling match. Professional arm wrestling matches last less than a second because both people exert all their force in one surge. For non-competitive arm wrestling it lasts less than a minute.
Normal Superman has a higher strength level than normal Hulk (the strongest Green Hulk starts at 100 ton strength). Normal Superman starts at far hgiher than 100 ton strength. Now, given enough time the Hulk can get stronger than normal Supes since the angrier the Hulk gets the stronger he is. But an arm wrestling match is not enough time for the Hulk to get strong enough to beat NORMAL Superman.
Now, when it comes to Superman PRIME, the strongest version of Supes ever, the Hulk would lose even if he had years of anger buildup. The Hulk would fry his brain before he got angry enough to match Superman Prime's strength.
The Hulk is outmatched here. Easily outmatched. Ridiculously outmatched.
Unless, as i stated before, the Hulk gets inside a Gamma generator for a couple thousand years with something that makes him mad as heck. Then he'd stand a chance against Superman Prime.
But you'd hae to be a Hulk fanboy to think he'd stand a chance against Prime - someone who makes Pre-Crisis Superman look weak! Comeon, i like the Hulk but he is useless in EVERY SINGLE WAY against Prime.
Prime probably wouldn't know the difference betweena gnat and the Hulk. They would both be minor irritants.

Victor Von Doom
People need to stop imagining the strength increase as a linear anger increase, over a period of time.

Secondly, if you are going to reference professional arm wrestling matches lasting less than a second, you'll note also that it's not about who is the stronger. Technique is the main factor.

Cosmic Cube
Hulk's "calm" strength is above 100 tons, we don't know how much it is.

The strength increase is not a linear equation. His strength increase is not proportionate to his anger increase. All Hulk needed was a few insults to allow him to support 150 billion tons. Superman Prime may be initially stronger than Hulk, but all Hulk would need is a source of emotional distress before he outclasses Superman Prime's strength by a billion.

In any contest of pure strength, Hulk wins.

spetznaz
Against Superman Prime the Hulk is simply outclassed in every single way. Against normal Superman it would be an interesting match, but against Prime it would be a mismatch. Remember Prime was used as a source of strength by the future Supermen (the descendants of Kal-El) who were they themselves far stronger than the current Superman (the future supermen were far stronger in every single way, plus had additional abilities due to the inter-marriage with the 5th dimension). Yet they were still siphoning strength off Prime while he slept in the heart of the sun. He literally became their god.
Prime is beyond the current Superman in every single way, and the Hulk simply wouldn't be able to keep up. Even in the strength department.
Now, if the Hulk truly doesn't have an upper limit he might get to Prime's level of strength. But it would take centuries at the very least even taking a non-linear strength gain, you have to take into consideration the fact that Superman Prime gained his current strength after millenia of wandering the cosmos, and a couple millenia of sleeping in the heart of a sun. The guy is uber-charged with solar energy. If the Hulk has always had a challenge fighting against the current, normal Superman, how is he supposed to match one that has spent millenia gaining strength? It is just not possible.
Again, the Hulk would literally be like a gnat against Prime.

Swanky-Tuna
Remember, this is armwrestling.

Superman isn't punching Hulk in the rocks with one hand and making out with Betty, that I did not revive so don't pin that one on me, with the other for an hour beforehand so Hulk can get powered up.

Cosmic Cube
If I am correct, this is a contest of pure strength. His other powers have no effect. If the Abomination is raping Betty, (lol,) and Hulk is seeing it, he would slam (Prime) Superman's arm through the table. Any feat of strength Supeerman could do, Hulk has, or will surpass it (with the proper motivaton).

Swanky-Tuna
I missed the abomination rape thing. Still, Prime's strength is at such a level that it'd take more than just the sight of petty rape and crotch kicking to give Hulk the power to slam his hand over. He'd need to really work up to beat Superman on this one.

Cosmic Cube
Lol read the first post. Petty rape? That's his wife! Being raped by his mortal enemy no less!

Swanky-Tuna
Good grief, I'm the first to reply and you can tell I didn't read the first post. What a jerk.

Still, he'd need some time to get pretty furious before the whistle to match Prime's "been sittin in the sun for a million billion years" strength.

Cosmic Cube
Sorry, I guess you did. I didn't think Betty would willingly make out with Abomination. But I guess it could happen. "Gamma Spawned Love Triangles," Issue #1. Now THAT'S something I'd buy.

It would take quite a bit of stress to match Superman Prime's strength, but I have no doubt Hulk could match or exceed it. If he's really pissed.

Maybe if the Hulk is wagering his soul on the match, or something like that. Maybe...

spetznaz
Let me break it down this way.
The Hulk, in a fight, would find normal Superman a challenge. Given enough time the Hulk could get stronger than current Superman and bring him down. But all in all, whoever won, it would be a fight.
Superman Prime is the current Superman after millenia (note: millenia) of gaining strength. He is so potent that the future Supermen use him as a fount of power to augment their strengths. And note that these future descendants of Kal-El are extremely powerful themselves, having kryptonian abilities as well as abilities stemming from the 5th dimension (where Mr Mxpltlk, or however you write that, comes from). YET THEY DRAW EXTRA POWER FROM PRIME.
Also note that Superman Prime is far more powerful than the Pre Crisis version of Kal El who could juggle planets and do all sorts of crazy stuff with no effort (he blew away a galaxy with a sneeze).
Hence, let me ask you. Using logic, do you really think the Hulk has any chance against Superman Prime? A guy who has been soaking up solar energy for millenia? A guy who is in essence a god for the future supermen?
The Hulk, even with his rage induced strength upgrades, would need (at the very least) a couple of centuries to come close to Prime's level of power. Personally i think it would take a couple of millenia at least. And even then who knows how the Hulk may handle it. Maybe he does have an upper limit, but an upper limit so high that it might as well be limitless. With Prime would come an opportunity to see just how high that upper limit is.
In any case, the Hulk wouldn't have a prayer against Superman Prime.
Not a single prayer.

Swanky-Tuna
I was pointing out the stupidity of my mistake. Not you.

gautam
prime hands down

Cosmic Cube
He doesn't have to "charge" anger, he would have to be under a certain amount of stress. He wouldn't have to stay angry for years. His strength could go from 1,000 tons straight to 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 tons in no time, flat, and continue to rise as the stressor increases, not as the time passes.

If he was arm wrestling for Betty's life, or something like that, Hulk would win.

spetznaz
1) The Hulk's mind would fry before he got angry enough for his strength to 'go from 1,000 tons straight to 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 tons in no time flat.' Oh, and he starts from a 100 tons not a 1,000 tons. It would stress him to do the 100 - 1000 tons, let alone the figure you put up there. Infact i am willing to doubt he could even lift the amount you put up there.
In case you are wondering that is 1 sextillion metric tons (1 followed by 18 zeros). The weight of the Earth is 5.978 sextillion metric tons (5.978 followed by 18 zeros). I doubt the Hulk can get that strong.
But, for the sake of argument, let's assume he can go from 100 tons to 1 sextillion metric tons in a blink of an eye (he can't, but let's say he could). Ok, we have a multi-colored (TM) Hulk that is currently operating at 1 sextillion.
Look at Superman - the Pre-Crisis Superman.
He could JUGGLE planets. Move planets. Meaning he was far stronger than the weight of the earth, since he could move it, and far stronger since he could move several planets at the same time. Hence Pre-Crisis Superman is far stronger than multi-colored Hulk!
Now, let's look at Superman Prime.
He is the strongest Superman ever. Bar none. Even Pre-Crisis. Prime was considered a veritable god by the future Supermen.
Seriously, using logic, how in goodness name is the Hulk (even my imaginary multi-colored variant) supposed to beat someone who makes Pre-Crisis Superman look like a chump?
This is not even a contest i tell ya!

IRTMU-Dragon
Well if were talking about a simple arm wrestling match, normal superman would win.

The Hulk starts out around 90-150 class strength, superman has 1000, so it wouldnt take prime.

I thought we were talking about fighting.

Cosmic Cube
This is a comic book forum, not an anthropology seminar. Hulk's brain wouldn't "fry" and if it did, thats the purpose for regeneration. All it took was a couple of lame insults from Reed Richards to allow Hulk to lift 150,000,000,000 tons (something Superman has never done.) Hulk doesn't have any limitations on how strong he can get. Superman Prime is more powerful. Hulk is stronger.

IRTMU, What are your sources? If it isn't Marvel, it's incorrect, and I know Marvel doesnt specify Hulk's base strength is. It could be 150 tons, or it could be 150,000 tons or more. You don't know what Hulk's strength "starts out at." No one does.

Cosmic Cube
Let's not dwell on BS feats like juggling planets. It is physically impossible, as to "juggle" a planet it would have to be falling. Falling is relative to gravitational pull. Note that a heavenly body weighs considerably less in the absence of gravty. If Hulk can throw something as small as a gem to the center of the earth, he has more than enough power to move the earth.

Hulk can't go from 100 to 10 x 10^16 tons in the blink of an eye? Who are you to say so? Do you have any evidence proving that he can't, or are you ASSUMING that he can't?

Superman Prime couldn't do half of the crap Pre-Crisis Superman could do "strength"-wise, (or should I say "bullshit"-wise.) He may be more powerful, but Pre-Crisis Superman could do anything with his strength.

Most of Superman's "strength" is a extremely short range form of tactile telekinesis.

If Hulk is armwrestling for Betty's life or safety, He won't lose.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
All it took was a couple of lame insults from Reed Richards to allow Hulk to lift 150,000,000,000 tons (something Superman has never done.)

Funny! In your last post you said that '. His strength could go from 1,000 tons straight to 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 tons in no time,' yet now it is only 150,000,000,000 tons? Hmmm.
Oh, and by the way Superman has done strength feats the Hulk has never done. The greatest act by the Hulk has been keeping a mountain from crushing his fellow heroes, as well as that nifty thing he did with Onslaught. Superman has moved planets.

IRTMU, What are your sources? If it isn't Marvel, it's incorrect, and I know Marvel doesnt specify Hulk's base strength is. It could be 150 tons, or it could be 150,000 tons or more. You don't know what Hulk's strength "starts out at." No one does.

You asked IRTMU, but i'll answer this. Marvel itself states that the Hulk's strength (Green) is at 100 tons. Grey Hulk oscillates around 65-70 tons. Marvel states that. They do say that Green Hulk can increase his strength with rage, but it starts at 100 for Green Hulk. If you have a problem with that write Marvel.

Let's not dwell on BS feats like juggling planets. It is physically impossible, as to "juggle" a planet it would have to be falling. Falling is relative to gravitational pull. Note that a heavenly body weighs considerably less in the absence of gravty. If Hulk can throw something as small as a gem to the center of the earth, he has more than enough power to move the earth.

Goodness. Like i told someone else these are comics we are talking about. And if juggling planets is BS, how can you explain someone being caught in a gamma burst (in essence a nuclear detonation) and instead of perishing turning into a MUSCULAR GREEN RAGING BEAST?
Oh, and as for 'heavenly body weighs considerably less in the absence of gravity' you should note that that only applies for weight! Mass is different from weight and constant with or without gravity (and before you make another post asking WTF there is a difference between mass and weight).

Hulk can't go from 100 to 10 x 10^16 tons in the blink of an eye? Who are you to say so? Do you have any evidence proving that he can't, or are you ASSUMING that he can't?

Easiest question to answer. But before i do why don't you prove your assertions first. You are the only who claims the Hulk can lift a fifth the mass of the earth in a blink of an eye (when you said he could lift a sextillion metric tons). Prove it!
Anyways, to answer your question. The Hulk doesn't exist, neither does Superman. Hence there is no way to quantify what they can or not do. Thus the use of what their respective writers have made them do.
Marvel has shown the Hulk doing immense things like lifting an entire mountain, and ripping the armor of Onslaught.
DC has shown Superman Pre-Crisis juggling planets, sneezing a galaxy away, and all that stuff. And they have made Superman Prime into the most powerful Superman ever, so astounding he can affect TIME AND SPACE!
Superman Prime is beyond the Hulk.
And it will be that way until Marvel decides to show the Hulk having enough strength to affect time itself.
Again, these are comics. Character A is as powerful as writer A makes him to be. If Writer A makes Character A silver in color, and able to ride space in a surfboard and be a herald for a gigantic eater of planers - so it is. If Writer B makes his character into a green numbskull with enormous strength, so it is.
DC made Superman Prime the epitome of strength.
Marvel made Hulk the epitome of strength.
DC made Prime stronger than Hulk.

Cosmic Cube
Obviously, I was saying that Hulk's strength increase allowed him to support 150,000,000,000 tons with minimal aggravation (a few insults.) I was not implying that 150,000,000,000 tons was his limit. I was also asserting that Hulk's strength can jump any span in a short time. When Molecule Man dropped the mountain on Hulk, he didn't give Hulk a chance to get angry. Hulk's strength instantly jumped from whatever his base strength is to 150 billion tons.

Show me where *Marvel* states this. According to the official "Marvel Encyclopedia: Incredible Hulk," in a relatively calm state, Hulk can lift more than 100 tons. They also say that Hulk has access to limitless strength. Superman Prime doesn't have that, does he?

You have just proven my point. I have taken physics, I know there is a difference between mass and weight, that's why I made the statement. A watermelon on earth doesn't have the same weight as a watermelon in space, though they have the same mass. A planetoid in space doesn't weight the same as a planetoid on earth, though they has the same mass. Try to understand that. Most comic books follow physical science to some extent. Except for early Superman comics.

Superman Prime doesn't use strength to affect time and space does he? Does he just start punching time and space until it obeys him? Superman Prime cannot juggle planets, or sneeze out solar systems (not galaxies.) DC has long since abandoned such tomfoolery.

DC made Superman Prime more powerful than Hulk, not stronger.

I agree that In a fight, Superman Prime would win, no question. In a test of strength, Hulk wins with the proper motivation.

spetznaz
Obviously, I was saying that Hulk's strength increase allowed him to support 150,000,000,000 tons with minimal aggravation (a few insults.) I was not implying that 150,000,000,000 tons was his limit. I was also asserting that Hulk's strength can jump any span in a short time. When Molecule Man dropped the mountain on Hulk, he didn't give Hulk a chance to get angry. Hulk's strength instantly jumped from whatever his base strength is to 150 billion tons.

Show me where *Marvel* states this. According to the official "Marvel Encyclopedia: Incredible Hulk," in a relatively calm state, Hulk can lift more than 100 tons. They also say that Hulk has access to limitless strength. Superman Prime doesn't have that, does he?

You have just proven my point. I have taken physics, I know there is a difference between mass and weight, that's why I made the statement. A watermelon on earth doesn't have the same weight as a watermelon in space, though they have the same mass. A planetoid in space doesn't weight the same as a planetoid on earth, though they has the same mass. Try to understand that. Most comic books follow physical science to some extent. Except for early Superman comics.

Superman Prime doesn't use strength to affect time and space does he? Does he just start punching time and space until it obeys him? Superman Prime cannot juggle planets, or sneeze out solar systems (not galaxies.) DC has long since abandoned such tomfoolery.

DC made Superman Prime more powerful than Hulk, not stronger.

I agree that In a fight, Superman Prime would win, no question. In a test of strength, Hulk wins with the proper motivation.

I really despise arguing with fanboys since they seem to be beyond all logic (eg the belief that the Hulk can exceed Prime in strength). But anyways, you asked me to give you basis for my statements (and i am still waiting for you to show me where the Hulk has ever lifted a fifth of the Earth's mass).
Anyways, this is from the Marvel Directory.

Strength Level: The Hulk possesses superhuman strength of the Class 100 level, enabling him to lift (press) in excess of 100 tons. The Hulk only attains this strength level when he is enraged. In a totally, calm state his functional strength is significantly less, perhaps in the 70 ton range. In human form Bruce Banner possesses the normal human strength of a man of his age, height, and build who engages in no regular exercise.

I am surprised myself. I thought he started at a 100 tons, but it appears that in a calm state he (Green Hulk) is actually at 70 tons, but can go to over a 100 with rage.
Anyways, on Superman Prime. The strength of Superman comes from the absorption of solar radiations from a yellow sun. Prime has been sleeping in the heart of a sun for millenia. Thousands of years!
His strength is beyond comparison.
This is an armwrestling match. The curve is just too high for the Hulk to gain, and even if he could it would take him too long to do so. Again note that Superman had been absorbing energy for millenia. Not for decades, not for centuries -millenia!
Comeon, even for a fanboy you have to admit the Hulk is beaten here.
And let me ask you this final question. The Hulk has tangled with normal Superman a couple of times, and all those times it has been more or less a draw (Supes won one, Hulk won the other). That was normal Superman.
How the heck is he going to do anything against Superman Prime., someone who is infinitely stronger than the current Superman!?!? Goodness, the guy was being used by the future Supermen to draw on extra strength!
At this rate you will be telling me Spiderman can lift and throw Mjolnir further and harder than Thor because he has 'spidey abilities.'

IRTMU-Dragon
I know for a matter of fact, right when Bruce turns into the hulk, right at that point where he goes green, he doesnt have 150,000,000,000 strength. At least not right when he turns, so yes, I do have the right to specify a base strength.

And what I meant with the planet thing, is weight wise. You people act if I took the hulk, and threw jupiter at him, when he wasnt mad or upset and had just turned, he could immediatly lift it, right then right there on the spot.

spetznaz
He will not listen to logic. According to him the Hulk operates at strength levels that Marvel itself doesn't know about.
According to Marvel (note: the writers of the Hulk) he can lift well over 100 tons, but in a calm state he starts at 70 tons (which was surprising since i thought the Green Hulk started at 100 tons - but according to big M in a calm state Green Hulk is at 70 tons, and with rage he can go over 100).
The greatest feat of strength i've seen the Hulk do is lift a mountain. That is amazing, were it not for the fact he is facing Superman Prime.
Prime is just beyond the Hulk in every single way.
After all, if the Hulk vs normal Superman ends in a veritable draw, how then is the Hulk supposed to defeat someone who makes the normal Superman look like an ant?
I just think Cosmic Cube is a Hulk fanboy, and even if Marvel itself said the Hulk had no chance he would probably start drawing his own Hulk comic on a notepad and have him flipping Galactus and eating the Silver Surfer.
As i told him at this rate he will be saying silly things like Spiderman can use Mjolnir better than Thor, or that Magneto is stronger than the Phoenix entity because he can control iron ore in the asteroid belt!

spetznaz
Obviously, I was saying that Hulk's strength increase allowed him to support 150,000,000,000 tons with minimal aggravation (a few insults.) I was not implying that 150,000,000,000 tons was his limit. I was also asserting that Hulk's strength can jump any span in a short time. When Molecule Man dropped the mountain on Hulk, he didn't give Hulk a chance to get angry. Hulk's strength instantly jumped from whatever his base strength is to 150 billion tons. ----Cosmic Cube

Oh, and one more thing.
I was reading some older posts on other threads and came on some where you, Cosmic Cube, CONSISTENTLY assert that Wolverine can lift 25 tons! Even when other posters gave you links to MARVEL saying that Wolverine is at 850 pounds you still claimed that he was at the same level as Spiderman, and that Spidey could also lift 25 tons (even though any person reading comics knows Spiderman can only lift 10 tons).
It appears you have a history of, midly put, 'buffing' (ahem - lying) character stats. No wonder i thought it was weird when you said in a couple of posts above that the Hulk could lift, erm, what was it: 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 (1 followed by 18 zeroes)!!!!!!!
Ridiculous!
There is a new thread that is asking who would win in a fight between NightCrawler and the Silver Surfer. Maybe you should go there and tell us that nightcrawler can 'teleport suns' or some other lunacy. You do seem to be reading 'special' comics where Wolvie is as strong as Spidey, Spidey can lift 25 tons, and the Hulk can lift 1 sextillion metric tons in, ahem, 'the blink of an eye.'
Again, ridiculous! Soon you will be posting that Carnage can run faster than the Flash through some 'new symbiotic powers' only you know about.

King Burger
To Cosmic Cube,

You (like Wynndar in the Superman Vs. FF thread) keep bringing
up Hulk lifting a 150 billion ton mountain, from Secret Wars, do
you have the issue? Can you show a picture?

I ask this because I remember that the Hulk didn't lift the
mountain, but merely balanced a key point on top of them just
long enough to buy the others time to find a way out. Balancing a
portion of a mountain is different from lifting the whole
thing, still very impressive, with maybe even a few million tons
involved, but far far from billions. For example, I can probably
lift up a corner of a tv set and lay it down on an up-turned finger,
and keep it there for a few seconds, but that doesn't mean I can
lift the whole tv set with that same finger.

Besides, Secret Wars was full of b.s., with this mountain incident
being just one of the worst.

Oh, and even normal Superman can break an enraged Hulk's
arm, a la "The Fly". Superman may be a boy-scout, but he
still deserves respect as the master butt-kicker that he is.

Napalm
If hulk saw betty giving the leader a blow he might get mad enoth

spetznaz
Cosmic Cube seems to bring up 'facts' that are just not substantiated. He was saying that the Hulk could lift 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 (1 followed by 18 zeroes) in a blink of an eye. That is something even Marvel wasn't aware of. And on other threads he has said that Wolverine could lift 25 tons!!!!!
I think he just makes up 'facts' on the go and posts them, as if other people do not read comics.
Or maybe he just likes to use hyperbole(i.e a gentle way of saying lying) - basically exagerating (again, midly put) things beyond all reason.

Never
spetz, you have zero clue how strong Hulk can get (even after EVERY bio says "for all intents and purposes, his strength is virtually limitless"wink or how long he has to "rage up" to lift said amount...so why do you continue to masquerade as if you do? And you are consistently incorrect with the 70 ton starting point. That is for GREY Hulk only, and it is 75 tons.

Hulk has not lifted more than 150,000,000,000 tons because he has not HAD to. Has Hulk ever been unable to lift anything?

Nope.

IRTMU-Dragon
Then how come everyone says The hulk is not like a "battery" he doesnt need time to charge up, right? So why cant he just lift something a bazillion tons immediatly if he doesnt need to take time to get to the strength level, he could lift the earth right when he turns.
According to everyone here you say hes not like a battery, so, why cant he lift a mountain right when he turns into the hulk, I mean, if he doesnt need to be horribly enraged and insanely chaotic to be that strong.

So far all ive heard is "The hulk doesnt have to take time to get to a super high strength level, HES NOT A BATTERY!" So what im saying is, why cant he just pick up anything he wants at any time?

The hulk NEVER LIFTED a freaking mountain, his durability was so the mountain wasnt heavy enough to physically crush him, like juggernaut, he was bracing it, not lifting it, Lifting is picking something up and walking around with it, he was kneeled down and the mountain was resting on his back, which was probably about as strong as admantium when he was that mad, thats why the mountain couldnt crush him.

If you took a block of admanitum, and set it there instead of hulk, is the mountain being "lifted" by it? No. Its being braced, or held up, by it.

Never
Um, WRONG, if you grab an automobile by its bumper and pick it up such that the wheels are even 1/8th of an inch off of the ground, you LIFTED it.

The mountain wasn't heavy enough to crush him? LMAO, they said it dwarfed the ANDES. And besides, Hulk has lifted ISLANDS with one hand while swimming.

Unless The Hulk stood PERFECTLY STILL that 5+ minutes that they were underneath the mountain, he LIFTED it. He had LEVERAGE -- i.e., the correct BALANCE to hold it up.

He did NOT stand still. He moved UP and he moved DOWN while holding up the mountain. On occasion he lifted it; on others, he BRACED it. If you want to be specific, he SQUATTED it.

Cosmic Cube
Brilliant point, Never. "Bracing" requires strength. If Hulk were laying on his back, the mountain atop him, It would definitely crush him.

And as Never said, when has Hulk not been able to lift anything?

King Burger. Comics are full of bs. Period.

Hulk lifting or bracing 150 tons is bs, but Superman's feats aren't bs? Moving the moon isn't bs? Superman would go through the moon, not move it. Supeman moving the moon would be like trying to move a pincusion with a pin. He would go through the Moon before he moved it.

Readers have granted superman this "telekinesis" to supplement his BS feats. DC has never mentioned it. As long as Superman is doing it, it isn't bs, right?

Wrong.

Here's that picture for ya.

Notice the words "One Hundred and Fifty Billion."

Cosmic Cube
Spetznaz, The Hulk can lift any amount if he has to. That's why I said that Hulk can lift 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 tons. Try to understand the meaning of "limitless." If needed to, he could lift the weight of the earth.

On a Marvel scale Wolverine is a level 4, same level as Spiderman. The maximum range of level 4 is 25 tons. If you don't believe me, go buy a Marvel Encyclopedia. Why would I lie on a comic book forum?

spetznaz
Again, check the meaning of hyperbole. It means, in essence, an exageration. You basically fluffed up the Hulk. While Marvel does say that his upper limit is not known they have never said he could lift a fifth of the Earth's mass. You are the one who came up with that ridiculous figure.
Again, hyperbole.
Example: The United States of America is the sole superpower in the world. That is a fact.
A hyperbolic statement of this fact would be for me to say that the US is an integalactic superpower.
Marvel has never said that the Hulk could lift 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 tons. All they said is that his strength has no known limit. That could mean that he could lift all of that, and more. Or that it is less than that, but just has not been measured.
And by the way, using your logic i could say that Superman Prime could lift 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 PLUS ONE tons. After all DC makes him the strongest Superman ever, and hence if i was to exercise dramatic license (aka hyperbole) i could say that he could do all sorts of things.
But that would be ridiculous. At least for me.

As for the Wolverine/Spiderman thingimajig where they lift 25 tons.
Again, more hyperbole (although i am starting to think it is actually more wishful thinking than hyperbole).
Marvel Comics states that Spiderman can lift 10 tons. This is a fact that has been hammered over and over again. I am willing to be that not even one member of the forum would agree with your 25 ton number, and that even Marvel itself would be astounded by that.
I checked out what you were saying about level 4 strength (at least you were not pulling that out of the air), and you basically answered yourself. (You said: The maximum range of level 4 is 25 tons)
That is the max level. The maximum level. The max. possible for that range. Now, semantics aside, what does that tell you. That just because that is the max level does not mean everyone with a 4 can lift 25 tons. For example Venom also has a level 4 strength ranking. Does that mean he and Spidey have the same strength? No! Venom is stronger. Spidey lifts 10 tons, Venom can lift more.
Based on your logic Venom has the same strength as Spidey since they have the same ranking. They do not. The key part you are missing is the word 'maximum' in the range.
Let me give you a simpler analogy.
Your class.
Let's say (and bear with me while i assume your age based on your posts) that the oldest student in your class in 13yrs of age (he repeated the class 2 yrs in a row). The median age is 11 and the mean is 10. The youngest kid is let's say 9.
Now, the MAX age is 13 yrs. But does that mean everyone in the class is that age?
No!
But based on your logic everyone in a class with a maximum age of 13 is 13 years old.
Seriously, any spiderman fan knows that Spidey maxes out at 10 tons. That scale grouped (note:grouping) characters into numbered tiers.

And anyways, this is what Marvel has to say about Spiderman:

Know Superhuman Powers: Spider-Man possesses superhuman strength, reflexes, and equilibrium; the ability to cause parts of his body to stick with great tenacity to most surfaces; and a subconscious premonitional "danger" sence. The irradiated Common House Spider (Achaearanea tepidariorum) which bit Peter Parker was apparently already mutated from prior exposure to certain frequencies of radiation and received a final, lethal dose during Parker's attendance of the exhibition. The radioactive, complex mutagenic enzymes in the spider's blood that were transferred at the time of the bite triggered numberous body-wide mutagenic changes within Parker.

Spider-Man's overall metabolic efficiency has been greatly increased, and the composition of his skeleton, inter-connected tissues, and nervous system have all been enhanced. Spider-Man's musculature has been augmentedso that he can lift (press) about 10 tons. His reflexes are faster than an average human by about a factor of 15 (he is often able to dodge bullets, if he is far enough away). Spider-Man is extraordinarily limber and his tendons and connective tissues are twice as elastic as the average human being's, despite their enhanced strength. He has developed a unique fighting style that makes full use of his agility, strength, and equilibrium.

Cosmic Cube
The personal attacks aren't necessary, and you don't have to explain everything to me; I'm not stupid. You are hurting my feelings.

Could you show me where Marvel says "there is no known limit to the Hulk's strength?" Could you?

Great Logic. I miscalculated Wolverine's strength. However
Spiderman, Wolverine, Venom... none of them are relevant to this thread.

"By supreme decree of the writers of DC, Superman Prime is the strongest superhero ever!"

No, He isn't.

radioboy121
I wish I knew more about Superman Prime, but it sounds like that he should most likely win.

On the debate about Wolverine's strength, it was once specified on a Wolverine comic card that if Len Wein (who created Wolverine) continued writing him, he would have possibly been boosted to Spiderman's strength level.

Cosmic Cube
I know Superman Prime would beat Hulk in a fight, definitely. However, I think Hulk would win in an arm wrestling match, especially in the conditions specified.

spetznaz

Cosmic Cube
That is from marveldirectory.com, a fansite. These sites are very innacurate, and unreliable. You continuously quote this site as if it were www.marvel.com; an official source. I asked when MARVEL said that "the upper limits of Hulk's strength are not known." They haven't. In the offical Marvel Encyclopedia: Incredible Hulk the writers say that for all intents and purposes, the Hulk's strength is limitless.

This is innacurate, as Hulk has been hit by nuclear warheads in the past, and has survived them, only slightly injured. His base strength is far above 70 tons; the Grey Hulk can lift more than that. Hulk's base strength is far above 100 tons. If Hulk sees that a planet is being hurled at him (however this is done,) Hulk would be able to lift it. The sheer adrenaline surge for fear of his life would allow him to lift it.

How strong is Superman Prime? Mind you, "stronger than Hulk," is not a number.

Never
LoL, that response was funny.

>>>1) The Hulk vs normal Superman matches have always ended in a draw (in that Supes wins one, the Hulk won the other). Hence the Hulk and normal Supes are equal - with the exception that Superman starts higher, and the Hulk can become stronger than normal Supes with his rage induced strength.

Sooooooo the fights ended in a veritable draw because they were equal in strength? No -- so of course the rest of your analogy is faulty if your premise is.

>>>The thing is that the Hulk has fought normal Superman to a standstill. And if that is the case then how can he defeat a Superman that has been gaining strength for millenia?

It is an ARMWRESTLING match. The result of their battles has ZERO significance. Silver Surfer can reasonably augment his strength such that he would defeat Thor in an armwrestling match, but Thor ALWAYS whips Surfer in their comic battles.

>>>Here is his bio according to the Marvel Directory. In it you will see where they say that the Hulk 'possesses the capacity for nearly limitless physical strength.' Note: Nearly limitless is different from limitless.

Yes, and "nearly infinite" is DEFINITIVELY and THEORETICALLY different than "infinite," but in PRACTICE, it is not.

Anyway, here is the caveat that precedes that bio:

"Now that I am following the same layout that the TOHOTMU did a lot of the bios are old."<--------------

Hulk's base strength is NOT "far above 100 tons." If he was casually sauntering down the street (read: perfectly CALM), he could bench 100 tons at MINIMUM. What people fail to realize is that ANYTHING can immediately trigger an increase in one's heartrate, thus sending his strength level skyrocketing (and people ALSO fail to realize that NO ONE is aware of the exact anger: strength ratio, so it is perfectly logical to believe that it can only take seconds for him to "rage up."wink.

Cosmic Cube
Good point Never.

Marvel says that Hulk can lift 100 tons at minimum. Therefore, His strength is above 100 tons.All I am saying is that whatever Superman Prime's strength is, Hulk could meet it, or exceed it, as Hulk's strength is near infinite, or limitless (infinity cannot be reached.) That is not implying that Hulk could beat Superman Prime in a fight. That is impossible.

IRTMU-Dragon
One, marvel encylopedias become outdated and are constantly changed and become unreliable within months of buying them, and two, because some people are hidden fanboys, and lie about things so well, it sounds true.

IRTMU-Dragon
ONCE AGAIN, I stress my weight arguement, The Hulk would have no time to even become angry to gain that strength, or should we go back to the fact hes not a battery, and doesnt NEED time to gain strength?

Cosmic Cube
IRTMU THIS IS NOT A FIGHT. Superman wouldn't be trying to knock him out. Hulk does need a small amount of time to react to the stimulus (a fraction of a second), but he doesn't need an hour or two to get angry or get stronger.

Read my previous posts. If you "throw Jupiter at Hulk," He will be able to lift it just as he lifted the mountain, (he does raise himself with the mountain on his back.) He may need motivation to continue to lift this weight, but Hulk can lift any weight that he needs to.

Betty being raped is more than enough motivation to allow him to armwrestle Superman Prime.

King Burger
Cosmic Cube,

Yes, all comic books are full of bs, but atleast with Superman
he has always been performing feats of unparalleled
strength. By contrast, with the Hulk, we hardly ever again
saw him preform anything close to this, atleast not on the same
consistent basis as Superman.

And can you please post the inside of that comic book, where
Reed asks Hulk about how he is able to keep the mountain
up?

But as I said, even if he did lift a mountain, that still
changes nothing, since Superman, unlike the Hulk, has been
performing similar feats on a regular basis. And that's normal
Superman!

But I want to address all this silliness about Hulk having potentially
unlimited strength because he can get angrier and angrier.
The fact is, no one can just keep getting angrier and angrier
forever. If Hulk saw Betty raped and killed, he would get plenty
mad, and plenty strong, but he's not going to keep getting
madder and madder forever. Just imagine for yourself the
worst thing that can happen to you, and how angry you would
get, now ask yourself, can you possibly get significantly madder
than that?
Furthermore, you forget that Hulk's anger isn't a magical
wish-granter. Just because he may get mad enough to, say,
want to shatter the Moon into pieces, doesn't mean he actually can.
Anger and hatred are just like love, they get you all worked up,
put all sorts of exaggerated thoughts and ideas into your head,
but they don't necessarily make you significantly smarter or
stronger, or give you the ability to make those ideas come true.

eleveninches
mr prime is beyond conventional definitions of strength

Never
ONE, it is not ANGER, it is STRESS.

Two, AGAIN, do YOU know (or anyone else for that matter) in what proportion his strength increases to his ANGER? Do YOU know whether or not, for example, if he reaches his "breaking point" (think Wolverine's "berserker fury"wink if his strength will just automatically continue to rise? No, you DON'T. NOBODY knows how precisely in what ration his stress levels increase his strength. YES, it is perfectly logical to conclude that he can lift NIGH anything (since they said that, FOR ALL INTENTS AND PURPOSES, his strength is VIRTUALLY limitless). So why assume that he CANNOT lift it?

And actually, Grey Hulk (the weakest of the much) already shattered an asteroid that was bigger than earth, so YES, it actually means that he CAN.

How these people debate these characters with little or no actual knowledge of what they have already accomplished is beyond me.

Cosmic Cube
Hulk doesn't perform feats of strength on a regular basis? You mean like lifting commercial airplanes? And bending Adamantium? And throwing one of the infinity gems to the center of the planet? And destroying a planetoid almost twice the size of Earth with raw strength? Oh no, he doesn't do things like that. You don't read many Hulk comics, do you?

Why do I always have to argue this? Save your theories. There is no scientific explanation for Hulk's strength increase, ok? The writers have said "For all intents and purposes, Hulk's strength is limitless." You don't know how angry someone could get; anger grows exponentially. You don't know the Hulk's strength/anger ratio. You don't seem to know much about Hulk. You can only theorize. The fact is that his strength is limitless; thats the power that Marvel decided to give him. Don't like it?
Talk to Marvel.

Can you name one feat of strength Post-Crisis Superman or Superman Prime has done that is greater than Hulk's? When has Superman ever lifted 150 billion tons or more by himself. Name one time. Don't say moving the moon. The moon does not weigh more than 100 billion tons in space, with the absence of gravity, (you know, the force that makes lifting things kinda hard?) He had plenty of help as well.

Hulk could easily move or destroy the moon, or the Earth for that matter. He destroyed a planetoid twice the size of Earth. There's enough proof for you.

Eleveninches, Hulk is beyond the "conventional" dimensions of strength as well. Give a number damnit.

Napalm
But hulk liften a 30 million ton mountain

Cosmic Cube
It was 150 billion. Not 30 million.

black wolverine
forget armwrestling dats weak the hulk can own supermanin hand to hand battle and i hate superman his a punk he fights peopl like lex luther lol his worst enemy is some rich white guy and hulk fights dudes like wendigo, abomination, juggernaut,bitbeast, please superman is hecca weak

Cosmic Cube
Let's not let personal feelings cloud our judgement, blackwolverine.

IRTMU

Marvel Encyclopedia: Incredible Hulk, was published in 2003. Not much has changed since then.

Swanky-Tuna
Man, "150 billion" was an attention grabber. There's no way the piece above them weighed 150 billion.

Cosmic Cube
Yes it did, it wasn't a piece either.

Cosmic Cube
See? It's a mountain. A big one too.

kgkg
holy cow now all you hulk hater take that.

King Burger
This has nothing to do with "hating " the Hulk. I've read alot
more Hulk comics than Suerpman ones. It's about seeing that
Superman was made into a muchy stronger character than
the Hulk. Maybe that made him less "realistic" than the Hulk,
but that's just the way it was.

To Cosmic Cube, again please show the inside panels if you
can. I am not challenging you, I just want to see. I no longer
have that issue.

Let us go back to the first Superman/Hulk meeting. The Hulk
kept punching and pucnhing at Superman's chest, and the
latter was completely unaffected. The Hulk even went on about
how "the madder Hulk get, the stronger he gets" (os some such
line), and it still did him no good (I believe that that was also
the story where Superman shatters an adamantium robot).
When that happened, Marvel wasn't as big as it was to become,
so the writers had to acknowledge the far superior strenght
of Superman. It was only later when Marvel became the
industry giant, and the Hulk became an even bigger star, that
suddenly he was able to stand up to Superman.

Bottom line: Superman crushed Hulks hands. Superman Prime
crushes Hulks hands. even faster.

Gilgamesh
Blew away a galaxy only by sneezing huh? ... well... once really pissed off Hulk could blow away...maybe a car by sneezing?... ok wait, let me think this through... Galaxy...car...galaxy...car...galaxy...

Acording to my calculations based on the information found in this thread, i can safely assume that Superman Prime would not only win, but also disintegrate Hulk's arm, whatever table or object they are wrestling on and most likely the greatest part of the floor beneath that table or object.

Swanky-Tuna
Har har, look, Wolverine fought Galactus. Seriously. Get some inside-the-book scans.

Cosmic Cube
Galactus vs. Wolverine? That HAD to be a good one. Action packed, no doubt.

I have only read the synopsis for Secret War #4, can you show me another pic of Hulk lifting the mountain?

King Burger, Superman has the power to remain immovable when he will himself to do so. That is not a feat of strength. Show me when Superman has lifted more than 150 billion tons. Superman is stronger? Any comic book expert would disagree.

Did you catch the part when Hulk tackles Superman through a building? Or when he punches Superman several miles, clear out of Metropolis?

Pre-crisis Superman blew away A SOLAR SYSTEM with a sneeze, let's get that straight. Superman Prime does not possess such outrageous abilities. Disintegration isn't allowed; this isn't a fight. Hulk is or can become stronger than both.

If you say Superman Prime is stronger than Hulk could become, prove it.

nigel45
I don't think that the scenario presented by the guy who started the thread would be enough to get Hulk mad enough fast enough to beat Prime. Maybe, though.

ZephroCarnelian
Has Hulk watched Betty making out with Abom before the match statrs? Or as it happens?

Cos if the match starts even a millisecond BEFORE the Hulk gets stressed out, Prime will win istantaneously. Hulks strength is born from his stress - Primes are stored in his cells and instantly released on demand.

DarkCrawler
Pre-Crisis Superman has lifted an planet.

Well, he could probably maipulate himself to be stronger then Hulk.

DarkCrawler
I think this says it all. cool

Prime would win.

King Burger
Then why can't he "will" his arm to not move an inch against
the Hulk's efforts?

I hope there is someone here who has that first fight between the
two, so they can post a picture of the Hulk's punches not affecting
Superman in the least, despite getting madder and madder (and
presumably stronger as well).

Look, I remember when I first read that comic, I was plenty mad
to see Hulk so easily outmatched by Superman's strength, since
I liked the Hulk, but disliked Superman. But one has to be real here!

Besides, even if we assume that Hulk is stronger than Superman,
it means nothing when compared to Superman Prime.

Cosmic Cube
I have the picture, kingburger. If Superman would have continued longer, Hulk would have overcome the forcefield. Though he was unmoved, that does not mean he was unaffected.

In this "armwrestling match", there would be no use of extraneous power; it is a test of strength alone. No becoming immovable, no using heat vision (though that would probably help Hulk,) no using any other powers. If that were the case, Superman Prime could obliterate Hulk, and win the match.

We are not talking about pre-crisis Superman, though I don't reall him lifting a planet, (you probably mean he moved a planet,) he probably would be able to.

Manipulate himself to be stronger than Hulk? Yeah... anyway, no powers are used other than strength.

Hulk does has preptime, according to the first post.

How strong is Superman Prime?

eleveninches
Prime is beyong physical definitions of strength

Swanky-Tuna
Have you ever seen DC characters classified as anything but "Stronger than that person but not as strong as this person"?

Cosmic Cube
Can't say that I have.

Cosmic Cube
Actually, I think kicking Hulk in the balls would make him weaker. I don't know about of any of you other guys on this forum, but getting kicked in the balls doesn't make me angrier. It has a calming (though painful, and throbbing,) effect. I wonder if anyone has ever tried doing that to Hulk. It would probably be pretty effective way of taking him down. Heck, he might even revert to Banner.

If Hulk doesn't have preptime and a powerful source of stress, he will lose to Prime.

badabing
Bump

emporerpants
here is post crisis normal superman holding a mini black hole.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Superman/SupesblackholeJLA77.jpg

mini black hole >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> mountain

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Tron
"HOLY F*CK YOU, BATMAN!!"laughing out loud

Now that's the ill sh*t, lol.

Just wanted to bump this post. laughing out loud

badabing
Originally posted by emporerpants
here is post crisis normal superman holding a mini black hole.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Superman/SupesblackholeJLA77.jpg

mini black hole >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> mountain
Hulk>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mini black hole.
Hulk>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Super massive black hole.
Hulk>>>>>>>>>Superman.
shifty

emporerpants
no, supers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>hulk. with not PIS supes speed blitz, melts, tosses into the sun, etc. to the hulk. in a fight supes owns him. in an arm wrestling match, supes owns him. hulks greatest strength feat is that mountain. you just saw supes hold a black hole. you do know that a black hole >>>>>>>>>>>>>> a mountain i hope.

badabing
Originally posted by emporerpants
no, supers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>hulk. with not PIS supes speed blitz, melts, tosses into the sun, etc. to the hulk. in a fight supes owns him. in an arm wrestling match, supes owns him. hulks greatest strength feat is that mountain. you just saw supes hold a black hole. you do know that a black hole >>>>>>>>>>>>>> a mountain i hope.
Hulk held back two spheres of antimatter.
Antimatter>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Black hole.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by badabing
Antimatter>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Black hole.
agreed and BTW hulk has unlimited strength

bigbran
ok, supes doesnt have unlimited strength, but, that doesnt mean hulk is going to outmuscle him.
superman breaks his arm, no matter what.

Juntai
Antimatter>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Black hole. Has he done anything impressive in the last decade or so?

bigbran
doesnt matter, hulk gets his arm http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zn_adDn1as&search=snapped%20arm

badabing
Originally posted by Juntai
Has he done anything impressive in the last decade or so?
Yes, Hulk has smashed. whistle

Juntai
Yes, Hulk has smashed. whistle confused

badabing
Originally posted by Juntai
confused
I'm was having a bit of fun with a new guy. embarrasment

bigbran
new guy?

badabing
The top of page 5.

bigbran
oh.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.