28 DAYS LATER sequel ( 28 weeks later )

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evil Dead
Variety writes:
Fox Searchlight is putting together a sequel to "28 Days Later," the stylish Danny Boyle-directed horror film that became a sleeper fall hit in 2002.

While the studio would confirm only that a sequel is in the works, sources said the tentative title is "28 Weeks Later" and that the studio is circling Rowan Joffe to write the script.

Joffe, son of "The Killing Fields" director Roland Joffe, co-wrote the BBC pic "Last Resort."

Boyle is not expected to direct the sequel, though he and screenwriter Alex Garland likely will take producing roles alongside the first pic's producer, Andrew Macdonald.

The low-budget original concerned a virus-driven plague that wiped out most of England and left a handful of survivors fleeing from rage-filled murderous zombies. It grossed $45 million in the U.S. and north of $25 million overseas.

Star Cillian Murphy now is playing the villainous Scarecrow in pic "Batman Begins," directed by Christopher Nolan.

this is going to be ultra dumb. How can there be a sequel that takes place 24 weeks after the original?......um..all the infected died at the end, they starved to death. Nobody to carry on the virus.......

BackFire
I doubt it will get made. It will be thrown out shortly I bet. Horrible idea.

Cinemaddiction
It's more than likely a crossover film, combining "28 Days Later" and "28 Days".

Plot:
Jim (Cillian Murphy), soon after his brush with death in the indie smash "28 Days Later", developed a horrible drinking problem. Leaving Selena behind, Jim starts his trek in search of "28 Days" Gwen (Sandra Bulloch), in hopes to gain a new perspective on life and grasp sobriety.

His travels take him to Portugal, Spain, where Gwen has had a relapse, and crashed another limo into another house. Both find love, sobriety, and a newfound friendship in Zack Daniels, a drunken zombie who survived the worldwide viral plague by swilling booze, played by the charismatic "Piano Man", Billy Joel.

Stormy Day
I know im going offtopic but do you really own all those dvds evil dead?

Evil Dead
um....yeah....

zombieman
I hope this doesn't get made, 28 Days Later stands alone as on of the finest horror films of this decade. A sequel will do it far more harm than good, especially if Danny Boyle isn't attached.

Evil Dead
the only acceptable way to expand the story for me would be to:

- prequel.......14 days later or something..........show all the mayhem that was occuring in the streets that is only talked about in past tense in 28 days later.

- Another 28 Days Later..........taking place in the same time period, yet focusing on different characters and how they are dealing with the situation.

zombieman
There was an interesting statement made in the original which was never expanded on. It was said that there were cases of the outbreak reported in Paris and New York (i think), I would have liked to have seen to what extent the virus effected the rest of the world and how it was dealt with. This is a possible route for the sequel to take.

Stormy Day
I think this is kind of a rip offf the Stand.Just without the zombies big grin

Thats a big dvd collection Evil Dead how many years did it take ?

Evil Dead
3 1/2

Stormy Day
eek!

I dont even own half that many confused and most em are corny oldies my mom buys erm

dean7879
just heard that there is going to be a sequel...is this good or bad??
danny boyle wont be directing it though..thats probably bad!
but he might be producer...thats good!

anyway what are your thoughts??

Cinemaddiction
This is the 3rd thread in as many weeks Re: "28 Weeks Later".

Go here to follow up, because this will surely be locked, after one being started yesterday as well..

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=297921&highlight=28+weeks+later

dean7879
soz i didnt bother checkin for other threads

BadKitty
merged for you smile

dean7879
cheers

Landon
At the end of the first movie, a airplaine see's them and says on the raido in french " Send the helicopter " So I'm assumeing there going to be taken to Paris. Witch would leave tons of room for new things. Just cause the infected starved to death in england, dosn't mean there not thriving in Paris or anywhere ealse in the world. Think about it.

ladygrim
cccccrrrrraaaappp-p

slasherpunk18
interesting....
I really hope it's not total crap.

zombieman
Ive seen this happen so many times, a low budget movie makes a huge profit at the box office so a big budget sequel is inevitable. The big budget follow ups are nearly always rubbish.

slayer
Agreed.

Wolfie
Terrible idea. Leave it to Hollywood to hear "High popularity" and translate that to "Let's make a sequel".

Amanda 417
i doubt it will happen, but i would watch it if it did, but still yet, i think twenty eight weeks later is kind of lame.

papabeard
Heres some news on the sequel :

www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=5236

BackFire
Questionable at best. I don't think this is the type of movie that should have a sequel.

sarcomens
I hope it's better than the first. I didn't like the ending.

papabeard
i didnt like 28 days later at first but on watching it again i have to say , i enjoyed it much more

Cinemaddiction
This is ooooooolddddddd news. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=297921&highlight=28+weeks+later

dean7879
very old news

Zilverz
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!

every movie, that makes money, they want to make a sequel of. some stories are just not fit for a continuation.

):

Norma Jean
Actually, I hate sequels, but I'd be interested to see what would come of it, now that they'd have a decent budget. 28DL is one of my favorite movies ever.

Cinemaddiction
That's the beauty of "28 Days Later". It didn't cost shit to make, and it was killer. A big budget and the absence of Danny Boyle mean that a sequel would fall flat on its face.

tabby999
yeah, 28 Days Later is a modern classic, why the hell would they screw it over and make a damn sequel? i mean, it looked like Danny Boyle had a fair bit of love for horror movies but now he's falling into the damn classic pitfall of sequels

Norma Jean
It cost like $20 mil to make right?

Zilverz
im not sure how much money the whole movie cost ... but the Sony Digital Vid camera they used can be bought new for $2500

Cinemaddiction
Try $8 Million....

Wolfie
The first was okay, an interesting concept, I just didn't get into it.

I can't see what a sequel would be about. And 28 Weeks Later is just a half-assed title.

Azrael01
I agree I saw it once and thought wow they could of done better and also 28 weeks later are you kidding me laughing

Evil Dead
damn........I posted about this like 8 months ago. Get with the times people.

Illyria
I found out about it a few months ago and am looking forward to the sequel. I really liked the first movie and it was much better than Sarah Polly's Dawn of the Dead, or any of the newest zombie flicks. 28 Days L's characters were well-rounded but I think the original characters won't be back in the sequel. I'd have loved to see more of Cillian and Naomie and the Hannah character but I'll take whatever I can get.

Wolfie
Not the original people in the sequel??

Where have I seen this recently? Son of the Mask.

kaztiyo
i did like the first part but not that much and i think they could make a better movie with a better story about this secuel i think the secuel, however will be better(everything is better than nothing)

what i am trying to say is that this is a cool sunbject (that they are not zombies they are ind of monsters evolved humanoids or that mutated whateverer) and the first one is a good movie but the second will be better

Darth_Big_Boy
I enjoyed the first one. I'm a sucker an I'd check out the sequel...and knowing me, I'd liked it.

Smasandian
I think they're is a possiblity of it being good. I would love to see what actually happened in those 28 days. It would be kinda of fun to watch what happens afterwords. It could turn out well if it done right.

Solo
Depends, they could make something good out of the idea.

Thea
I saw it because I was interested in the cast. I thought it was cool! The infected were well freaky to see, red eyes, horrible rotting skin and the fact they were like animals. I didn't know it was an 18 until I saw it. Luckily it was my dad that got for me. I would never have been aloud to get!!

AbsolutSakura
Yeah I always noticed the reports about infection in paris and new york. But also you kind of wonder how it got over there. Unless there were infected on a ship or something. To me thats about the only way it could get to new york.

A prequel would be very interesting. Since I love apocalyptic chaos and such. Id love to see the panic in the streets of london as it unravled. A sequel in paris would be pretty interesting. Although im sad that original cast wont be returning nor is it directed by danny bolye.

But it could still be a very interesting movie. And if it sucks or not its bound to have some cool scenes at least. I cant wait

-AbsolutSakura

steverules
28 weeks later............how original.

LizzyT123
Well, I loved the movie 28 Days Later, so I'll definetly see 28 Weeks Later, hopefully its just as spooky and weird as the first! smile

b-dan
lord help us 28 days later was terrible why must they choose some dum ass movies to become sequils or remake an old movie

LizzyT123
Originally posted by b-dan
lord help us 28 days later was terrible why must they choose some dum ass movies to become sequils or remake an old movie

how was it terrible? I liked it a lot smile

Evil Dead
how ironic. The word merely has four letters yet you still misspelled dumb.

BackFire
Hahaha, good to have you back, ED.

rox
Originally posted by zombieman
There was an interesting statement made in the original which was never expanded on. It was said that there were cases of the outbreak reported in Paris and New York (i think), I would have liked to have seen to what extent the virus effected the rest of the world and how it was dealt with. This is a possible route for the sequel to take.

if u remember at the end of 28 days later. the guy in the dungeon said it was a lie

The Machine
28 Weeks Later

Six months after the events of the first film a virus spreads leaving few survivors. American Special Forces attempts o restore order and help repopulate London when a carrier of the virus unknowingly ignites a reinfection.

LATEST NEWS:

8/24/06
Jeremy Renner has been cast as the lead. He'll play Sgt. Doyle.

7/16/06
A May 11th '07 release date is set according to Fango. Filming is said to begin sometime this summer.

steverules
I watched the first and thought it was good except for the ending. IMO the ending was a little cheesy.

Evil Dead
yeah........alt ending was better.

steverules
There was an alt ending, I didn't see that. When I saw it I had recorded it

Espantada23
Has anybody else heard about or seen the raw footage of this one?I just saw a rough cut of it the other day and I can't say one way or the other whether or not it'll be a good film...I liked 28 Days Later...mainly because I think Cillian Murphy is an awesome actor...I don't think he's in 28 weeks later and I still don't really have a clue what the plot of this one will be but it seems interesting enough.

vintageSW77
I heard its full of americans this time round as opposed to brits.

MildPossession
It's mostly British actors and actresses, also one is Australian I think, can't remember her name. Only two Americans that I know of.

Wolfie
Pointless sequel to cash in on the popularity of 28 Days Later.

Zilverz
Catherine McCormack, sexy british actress is in it. She is the one that played Murron in Braveheart... William Wallace's love that gets murdered in the begining

vintageSW77
well in SFX magazine a reporter visited the set and said it was full of americans
mebbe it was the crew

MildPossession
Probably the crew, because the cast listing doesn't have a lot of Americans in it.

ladygrim
i havent heard nothing no expression

In Fate's Hands
already a thread for this so go search for it

vintageSW77
I tell u what why dont YOU "test your sight" and search for it then bring us the link back

xblanex
Ill go see it, i liked 28 days later a lot.

In Fate's Hands
Originally posted by vintageSW77
I tell u what why dont YOU "test your sight" and search for it then bring us the link back

both different links

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=297921&highlight=28+weeks+later+forumid%3A58

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=325979&highlight=28+weeks+later+forumid%3A58

Espantada23
Well supposedly it's about the AMericans coming in to clean up the mess left behind or whatever,but I don't recognize a single actor in it as American so who knows.

rox
sysnopsis: americans declare the war on infection is over so they try to re-populate london and alot of family's return but one unknownly carries the disease and the infection starts again but this time its more dangerous.

hope this helps. i think the rage virus has evolved or something

Espantada23
Oh damn...that sounds interesting...I thought it was just gonna be 28 Days Later just with Americans and no Cillian.

soin2cal
All englishlaughing out loud stick out tongue

Can someone match this with another movie so that i can actually tell whether its my type of movie or notstick out tongue?
I have wanted to see this for a while. It isnt scary is it?

ladygrim
Originally posted by Wolfie

Bain
I saw the raw footage...looks cool.

I absolutely loved the first one.

Hopefully this will be just another persons story in the same setting.

There is so much more and many more angles that could be told.

I cant get enough of a good zombie flick.

LaHaine
u saw a rough cut and dont know what its gonna be like?

tabby999
Originally posted by Wolfie

say it with me wolfie (comeone ladygrim the more the merrier) please god, kill all the stupid people.

king leonidas
am not looking forward to this, 28 days later was brilliant so why make a sequel? it has got robert carlyle in it so there may be hop for at least someone to be good in it.

SelphieT
I'm looking forward to it. I liked 28 Days Later sooo much. I thought it was haunting and very chilling, especially during the mansion part. I hope this one is just as good, or even better than the first!

Evil Dead
holy old/washed up/already posted news........

didn't I make a thread about this in June of 2004?.....oh yeah....I did....

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=297921&highlight=28+weeks+later+forumid%3A58

In Fate's Hands
ZOMG! trailer is out!

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_atomic/28weekslater/

Zilverz
Originally posted by In Fate's Hands
ZOMG! trailer is out!

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_atomic/28weekslater/

that napalm in the street looked awesome

pumas79
got to agree with zombieman there, sleeper hits always provoke a big smash hit sequel which turns out to be crapola

eggmayo
I can't wait for this, whether it's gonna suck or not.

Baby Bear
I believe this movie is reminding me of that movie called 28 days later.28 days later was......... alright but it got kinda confusing to me.

But I can't wait see 28 weeks later.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.