Does Darth Vader Get Knighted In The Jedi Temple?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkYoda
The title is self explanatory. I hope he does. It would really be evil if Darth Sidious comes along in the Jedi Temple amongst all the dead jedi and knights Darth Vader on the jedi's own sacred grounds. It would make sense as Obi-Wan watches the hologram in the Jedi Temple along with a holographic recording of all of Anakin's evil deeds also performed there.

DarkYoda
Of course it goes along with a spoiler pic most of us are familiar with:

DarkYoda
Here:

Boris
It would be a really fecked up thing for Sidious to do alright, I like it evil face

DarkYoda
Well the sith probably have trials in which they have to prove themselves, much like the jedi. If it happens after Anakin attacks the temple it would make alot of sense. It's kind of interesting really. In Episode I we see the two best jedi involved in a jedi getting knighted (Yoda confers the level of JK on Obi-Wan) and in Episode III we see the two best sith involved in a sith getting knighted (Sidious knights Vader). Kind of cool actually! cool

mandalorian_war
that would be so cool

PVS
a cool idea, but i believe that anakin will be knighted in palps' office
after mace is killed.

jnolan
I know common sense would say that the sith have trials like the jedi, but is this ever actually said, shown or alluded to in any star wars media, eu included, I only ask b/c ive never heard of anything I just fig. that they didnt have trials since there were only two of them and if the master took the time to train the apprentice and he didnt think he was worthy hed just kill him? any one have an answer on this?

and PVS i dont think it will be so soon, i think he will be knighted after the massacre. Right after mace is killed it has been said that anakin will be very regretful about what he has done and confused about the consequences of his actions, and only after much convincing does sid get anakin to belive that the jedi are traitors, he would then send him directly to the temple and upon seeing his work first hand would knight him in the temple

Jedi Priestess
Doubtful.

jnolan
whats doubtful, JP your not elaborating........tsk tsk tsk, what is the world coming to big grin

JKozzy
Getting knighted in the JT would be pretty.. hm. Different. And evilish. It's always a possibility, since Obi-wan did find the recording there, as the picture attached has shown. I don't see any reason to rule it out as of now. ...what

Jedi Priestess
Doubtful this will happen. ...Im thinking its going to happen in Sideous's quarters.

How's that?

jnolan
oh ok i got ya, but if they are watching footage from the temple how would obi all the sudden tap into sid's private quaters footage, unless sid left it there for them to see...hmmmm......making sense this all is now

Jedi Priestess
Ok I see how everything got confused.

My doubtful reply was addressed to the original question.

Secondly I dont believe that the Sith "knight" their apprentices. Theya re simply give a title. Such as Count or Darth. If you are trying to go beyond this, then you are straying into EU territory, which has no bearing on the movies.

PVS
to bring up EU as supposed proof would have no bearing,
but the idea of a 'knighting' is not EU. so there is no proof
besides seeing anakin kneel in the hologram...which could
just be another standard greeting to his master.
but JP, its so very possible, dont believe me?
care to make another wager? stick out tongue

DarkYoda
Knighted, dubbed, renamed, given a title...it's all semantics...just a play on words...

The meaning I had in mind:

When Anakin Skywalker is actually given the title Darth Vader and vows to be loyal to Palpatine and become a Sith Lord.

I mean they must have some kind of oath or ceremony of some kind.

jnolan
what about the trials, anyone have anything on sith trials EU or not, i just wanna know if its ever been mentioned

PVS
i dont know about EU, but if its not in the actual films,
its not canon. the trials are not canon.

DarkYoda
Well we will probably find out for sure in Episode III since it is the first time we actually get to witness someone becoming a Sith.

PVS
"you dont know the power of the dark side. i MUST obey my master"

maybe this has something to do with it. i think there is way more involved then a name change.

DarkYoda
Well the jedi trials are definitely cannon. Anakin whines about it in Episode II..." mad I'm ready for the trials..."

laughing

PVS
i mean the actual trials...explained in detail or shown...not just a one word reference. gundarks are also technically canon, but when have we seen one?

DarkYoda
True enough. Remember how Obi-Wan becomes a knight in Episode I after killing Darth Maul...that is kind of like the Jedi Trials. He got to go right past them after that fight. And Luke had to go through all kinds of things too, finally culminating in confronting Vader.

Jedi Priestess
I maintain that there will be no ceremony etc. I think Sideous will see when Anakin is fully aligned with the dark side and thats when he will give him the title of Darth Vader, and that this will happen in the confines of his quarters.

Darth_Nefarus
I agree with JP. After Anakin is ordered to invade the Jedi temple, Sidious will reward him by calling him Lord Vader, etc.

PVS
well she's wrong and you're wrong stick out tongue

DenKi
Im kinda Confused when that Pic is taken in the Movie....

IS that before or after the fight with Obi-one??

IF its before why would he wanna join the sith? the only reason i can think of is Padme?? but he wont turn jsut becos of her..

DarkYoda
That pic is before Anakin fights Obi-Wan. He becomes Darth Vader before the suit and before his confrontation on Mustafar. wink

Jedi Priestess
No I believe its YOU that are pal! stick out tongue Same bet as before? Im banking on breaking even here.

PVS
naaaa...i've been feeling really guilty about proving you wrong and taking your money. stick out tongue laughing out loud

Echuu
holllllllldddd up....

if he was knighted in palps office wouldnt obi wan have found/seen the hologram there?

I can just see sidious saying to anakin,"Take this floppy disk and copy this hologram into the jedi temple database!!!!!, muahahahahaha!!!!"
laughing ok that was dumb

anyway- theres that one other hologram pic with anakin fighting the jedi Rick Mchallum and his daughter, who were all in the temple- so im assuming palps goes to the battle with anakin to see him fight and then knights him-then goes back to his office and sends ani to mustafar- and yoda and obi see all this-

hoping all this made a little sense....

bilb
I hadnt thought of it before but now that you mention it, it seems very probable. Obi & Yoda are watching the hologram of the Temple massacre, right? So then it makes sense that that is when we see Ani kneeling before Sids, that is, in the temple.

HOWEVER, Anakin is given the title of Vader after the Mace fight in Sids office, which happens just BEFORE the Temple slaughter. So this hologram is most likely NOT of the renaming. Unless the GFFA is like Big Brother and has cameras in every nook & cranny. Besides, the renaming happens in Palps private quarters, where your every day senators and even the JC arent given access to.

But to answer another question,the Sith do have a trial of sorts as stated in LOE. I cant remember the exact wording used, but it basically said that before Dooku was considered 'worthy', Sids had him kill his VERY good friend Sifo Dyas. One to make sure his turn to the darkside was complete and two, to make sure he could be 'trusted'. And Anakin's 'trial' is to kill all the Jedi for just the same reasons.

Echuu
yes yes- wouldnt palps have hologram of mace getting killed then?

It just doesnt make sense that obi wan is watching a hologram of the knighting of anakin in the jedi temple if it happened in palps office.
Why would they have the recorded footage from the office in the temple?

wait- dooku killed sifo? is that EU or not? i dont remember

GCG
well Palpatine was still the Chancellor so it would make sense having part of his quarters under surveillence. After All the Jedi are the protectors of the peace

bilb
Its in Labryinth of Evil, which I guess is technically EU, but seeing as how GL wanted it written I read it (and I NEVER go by EU).

bilb
Thats true, but remember that he is also Sids and doesnt want the Jedi watching him all the time.

Echuu
still-wouldnt he have footage of mace fighting ani?

GCG
thats why i said part of his quarters. im not expecting them to watch him on the toilet. ----Big Brother Sidiousmessed

LightSaber_Part
I think knighting Ani in the Jedi Temple would be like a laugh in the
Jedi orders face (so to speak)
because the Sith have been in hiding for over 1,000 years
and the name of the movie is "Revenge of the Sith"

any way I think it would be rather cool to see that big grin

bilb
Good Point LsP....

J.M FcThumbs-Up
Palps;...you've proven to be recognized a feared warrior, Anakin.....

Anakin; yeah yeah Granps, give me that damn Helmet! mad devil

Snakebyte
I dont think Palpatine will go into the Jedi Temple.

Too much buisness to do... big grin

so no knighting scene in the TEMPLE (but somewhere else?)

Sadako of Girth
The Shots submitted so far actually show Palps with Anakin kneeling before him.......AT the temple..... Obiwan is reviewing the surveillance hologram of "The slaughter".... smile

But my concern for Anakin would be the actual dubbing process....
This has always the touching of left shoulder then the right with the end of a sword wielded by the ruler performing the dubbing....

HOW messy could that be with a lightsabre....? stick out tongue

Snakebyte
Why cant that be Holo News that they see?
I mean, they look for the tapes what happened.
but after that they can check the news whats up on the planet.

Sadako of Girth
Anakin'd probably killed any reporters hanging around the place... wink

wishmaster
he dosent get knghted beacuse he gets expelled and he joins the dark side the cooler side of the force

smoker4
Erm he doesnt get expelled, but the darkside is cooler smokin'

DenKi
I think Its R2D2 Showing the Hollogram of the knighting and fighting, since those Droids can do that....

Sadako of Girth
R2 didn't need to there in TPM and AOTC for holograms to be projected..
He wasn't in Palp's office in AOTC for the Obi-wan message etc... He was patching it through though.
From the information avaliable, its unlikely that i'd be him projecting it more likely he'll be with either Anakin or Padme and C-3P0 at the time of that shot.... T'would be cool though...

DarkYoda
Er...wishmaster...this topic isn't about him getting knighted a jedi but officially becoming the sith lord Darth Vader. He is already a full jedi knight by the start of Episode III. He doesn't get expelled but chooses to leave and join the dark side.

carnage04
I like the idea of the "Knighting" happening in the Jedi Temple. Twisted and Evil. Don't know if that's what will happen though.

I would think there has to be a ceremony of some kind. I mean, it's not going to be like.

DS: Dude, ya wanna be a Sith?

Anakin: Like, Totally. That would rock.

DS: Give me some skin brother.

Darth Vader: Yes my master.

Later....

Darth Vader: Ok, lava burns. Can you give me some skin now?

Carnage

stefaan
In the trailer, isn't there a shot of R2 hiding behind something?
Maybe he is looking at Sidious and Anakin going at it?
Personally i don't really think Anakin gets knighted there why would he. altough the captions of Obi-Wan looking at holo-Ani killing Cin Drallig and the captions of Sidious knighting Anakin are looking alike.

Is my story making any sense, like, at all?

Sadako of Girth
If you mean in the Jedi Temple by Sidious when you say "Why would he be" then the answer may be that Anakin would've proved himself utterly loyal to the darkside beyond all reproach and doubt by murdering all the Jedi knights/masters/younglings within. smile

Most employers (If their business was darkside malarkey to this extent)
would probably see this as cause to give the employee in question an on-the-spot-promotion......)

bilb
Dont quote me on this, but I think R2 is hiding on the Invisible Hand in the OSB.....

stefaan
Impossible, the lighting doesn't look like it's on a spaceship. Don't know where he is, but it's certainly on a planet. No spaceship has sush bright lighting.

bilb
Whatever you say....

stefaan
Are you mocking me?

bilb
No, just seemed like you were smarting off to me......

Sadako of Girth
The Tantive 4 does, for one....
And the trade federation ship's corridors in Ep1....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.