what is love

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Carpathion
love is a heart pounding, sole sattering and breathtaking and i hope every one has or will have that experince one time in there life i am not the best ting in the world and neather is any one else but love is the only thing that complets you in life. so find LOVE!!!!

Orlando Bloom03
Ready found it thanx..

Welcome to the land of Squeezable Cheeze!!

dodgeviper
yeah i wish i were you Orlando Bloom 03 cause i sure haven't i don't know what girls look for and i ain't tryin to dissapoint anyone. sad sad

Storm
moving

burlyman
another thread!?

Orlando Bloom03
Don't Worry............ sad

Linkalicious
What is love?

Love is what i got for Syren in_love

Orlando Bloom03
^He does!!!

burlyman
Love is such an overused word. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Storm
But love is soooooooooooooooooooo sweet in_love

burlyman
Real love, yeah happy

Storm
*dreams away while thinking about Fire* in_love

SumWatTwisted
Love is a pain in the @$$

§pearhead
love is lovely! eek! smart

steely balls
love is how ONE person interprets it, love is determined by one person you.

Evy_O
Love is the feeling of completeness inlove

lgl107
love is to wait ,to be hurt ,to give.
something is hiding behind love ,very imagzing!??
or maybe stupid?
what's love?
100 people very have 100 answers.

Fire
love is very subjective and there is no sole definition

i slayed buffy
fire means mother in maori but i think its spelt different

Linkalicious
maybe you just haven't found the right guy...

Fire
okie cool, anywayz keep this on topic

iluvpippin
yeah! noone knows what real love is! its when you find someone you really like and cant find anyone else you like more than that person. you dont have to reach a certain level to fall in love, you dont have to accomplish this and that, its just when you go out with some1 for a long time and cant find anyone else you like more.

mechmoggy
I've used this definition before, but here goes again: -

Love is when someone knows the worst things about you, but still wants to be with you. yes

Fire
hehe ooh mechy you got lucky that you found the misses then stick out tongue

iluvpippin
thats true mech.

The Omega
Love?
I suppose it's sometimes putting someone elses wishes and needs before your own, because someone elses happiness means as much as your own.

Falling in love, infatuation and crushes are something entirely different wink

Pirate_Girly
As for the comment above-yes, know one knows what love is, even in their teen years. But love in general, if you can find it, describes finding the perfect person exactly like you, thinks like you and does everything with you. Also, they care about you for what you are, not what you look like and if they cant accept the fact that you may be a nice person and not the most beautiful, then they cant love you. There are a lot more mentally beautiful people in this world then physically.
Does this make sense? lol

Phoenix
What is love?

a poet's mind

a girl's heart

an actor's soul

non-existent

Pirate_Girly
never lol

spookey
hey i would like to know what love is...........i havent felt true love in years i mean i have had boyfriends but felt nothing..........maybe i should just give up on love altogether

Orlando Bloom03
Luv is Dvae LeatherFace12 and Linkilicious!!!

mechmoggy
Did anyone else have the urge to sing "baby don't hurt me, don't me, no more" when they saw this thread title? embarrasment

Pirate_Girly
No....and ive never even heard that song either lol

spookey
how can u say that.......lf12 divorced you...........link is married to syren...(cries)..........so if your saying love hurts you have chosen 3 men who fit the pic............

silver_tears
how true laughing out loud

spookey
someone said to me............if you give up on love you give up on me......i felt a tug in my heart..

leatherface12
Now that was mean. I didnt divorce her I just said that I just wanted to be freinds for now.

spookey
hahhaha she thinks u divorced her and u told me you did..........hahaha and where is she in your sig....................no where

leatherface12
Ok then I will put her in my sig but I didnt divorce her I just asked if we can be just freinds for now.

spookey
hahahha your wife is last hahhahaha.............

leatherface12
* sighs * Women. roll eyes (sarcastic)

spookey
oh now she is third hahhahahahhah!!!!

leatherface12
Well I have already promised you and buffy the fist and second place. stick out tongue

spookey
me i understand..........im your queen but ob is your wife...........just shift buffy down a place

leatherface12
Ok but then she will beat me up. sad Or at least try to. stick out tongue

spookey
and .................tel her your queen told you too.............tell her u answer to one women only

Orlando Bloom03
laughingHe's not my husband anymore!

Linkalicious
you're damn straight that's what love is. naughty

Orlando Bloom03
Hi!!!^

silver_tears
Infatuation and lust is not love link wink

Linkalicious
aww...sad

but it's close...

leatherface12
Well thats true. wink

spookey
link..........so your tellin me its right to love ppl u that cant have you..........i mean thats kinda cruel

Michael Myers 1
ive felt what it is.......amazing, but i will probally never feel it again

Orlando Bloom03
!!!

Michael Myers 1
yes

Orlando Bloom03
I still can't belive the gurl in your sig is the same gurl!!!

spookey
same girl as who.......................

Michael Myers 1
as the other onesin my sig

Orlando Bloom03
She haz big boobs............

spookey
she is well wierd

leatherface12
MM1s sig is nice. smile

Orlando Bloom03
Sadly to guys it is.....

Pirate_Girly
Thats cool how u did that scrolling thing..heheh mine would be funny

darksephiroth13
love is impossible 2 explain.its a feeling for a peson that cant be controlled.If u wake every day and the first thing u think about is seeing him or her then your in love. when u have 2 leave them and all u want is their touch your in luv. its a great and warm feeling love

Pirate_Girly
Actually love itsself is impossible.

silver_tears
Love is a feeling of completeness, and complete ecstacy when you are together. It's a mind blowing experience, especially if the other person feels the same way.

Nilfalathiel
Alright, since this thread is about love, I need to ask for some advice, since I'm really insecure about myself... embarrasment

I have this huge crush on a guy at school. A familiar predicament - I'm sure everybody's crushed on somebody. Anyways, this guy also happens to have been best friends with two of my best friends. They've known each other for the absolute longest time and their families are friends, etc. etc..

Well, my friend sort of pushed me into letting her tell him about my feelings ("OH MY GOD ITS SO FANTASTIC THAT YOU LIKE HIM!!!"wink She did tell him, but after she did, he reportedly changed the subject completely. My other friend (who's also been good friends with him) thinks he's probably flattered, but other than her and my other friend's supportive comments, I have no idea how this is going. I'm absolutely killing myself trying to figure out what my crush thinks of me.

Apparently it's really hard to talk to him about anything serious.

Should I be ready with a big box of tissues because of his reaction to my friend telling him I like him? I'm the type of person that has really deep crushes - they last for vast amounts of time and are almost impossible to get over. I don't know how many times I've cried over this and how many sleepless nights I've gone through worrying about this. When I get hit with a crush, I get hit hard...

Sorry for being longwinded - is there anybody that could possibly help? Oh yeah, by the way, it's Michael Barr that I'm talking about :: points to signature ::

Doctor Love
Don't be trouble any more! The Doctor of Love is here! This is what love is:

A gentle word like a spark of light,
Illuminates my soul
And as each sound goes deeper,
It's YOU that makes me whole

There is no corner, no dark place,
YOUR LOVE cannot fill
And if the world starts causing waves,
It's your devotion that makes them still

And yes you always speak to me,
In sweet honesty and truth
Your caring heart keeps out the rain,
YOUR LOVE, the ultimate roof

So thank you my Love for being there,
For supporting me, my life
I'll do the same for you, you know,
My Beautiful, Darling Wife.

Love should always be discuss with a poems

iluvpippin
YOUR SIG IS SO COOL!!!! I LOVE PIPPIN! love

scarlet1015
love is a feeling you feel in your heart and hopefully the person u love feels the same way

I LOVE ONE THING!! MY BAND!! rock U GUYS ROCK I LUV YA TO BITS big grin embarrasment sorry I'm a lil hypo

Fallen Jedi
neo love

scarlet1015
neo? from matrix? hes cool ! i want his glasses laughing

Fallen Jedi
laughing out loud look under my sig. love

scarlet1015
ohhhhh embarrasment sorry

Nilfalathiel
...or people can just ignore me T_T

scarlet1015
i think you should tell him how you feel, nothing will ever happen unless he knows how u feel for him

Nilfalathiel
He does know. My friend told him last Wednesday >.< He changed the subject.

Fallen Jedi
love is what i feel for neo. love

Pirate_Girly
Love is John Christopher Depp..Love is ....ehm...the cast of LOTR and the movie..meeheeheee

Nilfalathiel
Love is great, but elusive. It's every happy feeling you've ever experienced and at the same time, cuts the heart like a knife. It's beautiful and dangerous...and it's very contradictory. Love doesn't make sense, but those who are truly in love do not question it.

Doctor Love
What the world needs is more love. One day humanity will realise that all the devastations of the past only created misery, cruelty, sorrow, and when humanity realises the mistakes. People will recognise that they should have had more love for others rather than anger and hate. Let the love flow free!

Fallen Jedi
i've never actually been IN love b4. i've been infatuated, but i don't think it was love.

Sarah15
To me love, means, when you cant stop thinking about someone, and their all you talk and think and dream about...u care about them more and anything...and every time u see them, u feel happy...thats just my opinion

Lames.s.
According to Lloyd Christmas, love is when you get that special feeling down deep......like you'd do anything to bone her.

debbiejo
Well what is it???

Shakyamunison
An emotion.

debbiejo
An action?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
An action?
No, a cause.

dark99
an effect...

debbiejo
Love is really a "self sacrifice";............you put behind what you may want in order to do better for someone else...............That is real LOVE.

Shakyamunison
Love is more then one thing.

debbiejo
Love IS self sacrificing is it not? Isn't that what Jesus taught?

Shakyamunison
Love IS self sacrificing is it not? Isn't that what Jesus taught?

Love can also be self gratifying.

Strangelove
This belongs in the Philosophy forum more than the Religion forum....

Lumanix
Oh baby don't hurt me...

Mindship
Love is real , real is love
Love is feeling , feeling love
Love is wanting to be loved

Love is touch, touch is love
Love is reaching, reaching love
Love is asking to be loved

Love is you
You and me
Love is knowing
we can be

Love is free, free is love
Love is living, living love
Love is needed to be loved

wink

Alliance
Love is nothing special really...just another emotion.

finti
a theme for tons of songs

Rogue Jedi
finti!!!!!!!

Alliance
well...his response was correct.

Imperial_Samura
Well what is it???

Your question sounds like one asked by an existential robot I once knew... he had so much philosophical potential.

Alliance
And then he tried to kill you.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Alliance

Yes. The bastard. Though the question of love leading him to a murderous rage was suitably ironic.

Himo
Corny:

Love is finding your soul's counter being in another person.

Mine:

Love is sacrificing yourself for others, or having the will to do anything to see that person survive and suceed.

Alliance
Suitibly so.

Nogoodnamesleft
Well what is it???

Never having to say you're sorry. Also, it's a British spy who bangs Russian byatches.

Rogue Jedi
whats this? did alliance just make a joke? i must lie down!!!! lol

ps: cool new siggy, alliance. wink

Alliance
Thanks.

Imperial_Samura
From HK-47:

"Definition: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 Kilometres away using an Aratech Sniper rifle with a tri-light scope... Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds.

Alliance
Sev walks up to HK-47 and slices his neck open with a quick snap of his vibroblade..."stupid droids."

Imperial_Samura
Sev walks up to HK-47 and slices his neck open with a quick snap of his vibroblade..."stupid droids."

Surely it wouldn't be that easy to kill HK-47.

Rogue Jedi
and this has WHAT exactly to do with this debate? lol

sorry, i couldnt help it.

Alliance
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Surely it wouldn't be that easy to kill HK-47.

Its Sev.

1. He's a clone (which makes him infinately better than any droid)
2. He's 1000 years more advanced with weapons.
3. Hes an RC.
4. Droids suck...especailly annoging ones...that talk too much.

5. And never undersetimate Sev's hatred of Droids.

mahasattva

Rogue Jedi
Its Sev.

1. He's a clone (which makes him infinately better than any droid)
2. He's 1000 years more advanced with weapons.
3. Hes an RC.
4. Droids suck...especailly annoging ones...that talk too much.

5. And never undersetimate Sev's hatred of Droids.
you guys do know that a jedi can wipe the floor with clones or droids, right? wink

Alliance
No.

I must have missed that lesson when I shot a plasma bolt through their skull.

Clones kick @ss...end of story.

Rogue Jedi
what about that little padawan in ROTS? he was wrecking shop on those clone bastards before they finally got him.

JOE NUNEZ
Love is not all: it is not meat nor drink
Nor slumber nor a roof agaisnt the rain;
Nor yet a floating spar to men that sink
And rise and sink and rise and sink again;
Love can not fill the thickened lung with breath,
Nor clean the blood, nor set the fractured bone;
Yet many a man is making friends with death
Even as i speak, for lack of love alone.
It well may be that in a difficult hour,
Pinned down by pain and moaning for release,
Or nagged by want past resolution's power,
I might be driven to sell your love for peace,
Or trade the memory of this night for food.
It well may be. I do not think I would.

Lumanix
Love exists as a concept and emotion, and both go hand in hand. Their are also varying degrees of love, so I'll just go for 'true love' because I'm a lazy prick.

Concept: Willingness to perform the greatest good for the significant other at any expense to yourself, including your life.

Emotions: All emotions from both spectrums (Fear, Jealousy, Anger, Happiness, Calm, etc).

In application, generally selflessness is required, not thinking of yourself, leaps of faith, and quite a few other things. Love is blind for a reason.

debbiejo
You know you guys are ruining this thread with droids and AK-47's.......lol

But could love be something that can be all things....Let me explain. The cause and the effect, the Yin and Yang, the opposite in all of each. It's the one emotion that can transit all others from one spectrum to the other. It's the cause of wars, and yet the ending of them. It's the self sacrifices and the one emotion that needs to be self owned FIRST without others telling it what it should be..............Is there something different about it compared to other emotions, or is it the beginning of all emotions.............and not droids...........lol..........Though I really loved the movie A.I............ONLY because it was trying to instill this emotion to an artificial intelligence and what did become of it.

Actually that movie made me cry..........cry

OK, here's a scripture........"Perfect love casts out all fear".........what does that mean to you?

champion
I wrote this poem about how I felt for my current bf and I was told I captured the true meaning of love.

Love
By: Champion
Love is that safe, warm feeling
when your around that special someone.
Love is putting your full trust in
that special someone.
Love is being able to physically feel
that special someone's presence
no matter how far apart you two are
you still feel them by your side.
Love is a powerful connection
that lets you feel when that special someone
needs you there.
Love is feeling like as long as you two are together,
no one can hurt you.
Love is just knowing when somthing is wrong
with that special someone.
Love is the reason no sacrifice is to great
as long as it means that special someone is safe.
Love is being happy, relaxed, and joyous
when your with that special someone.
Love is caring about the other person
more than yourself.

Noble Strong
Love is when you look in to her eyes, then you realize, how much you enjoy sexing her. and im sorry i spunked all over her pubics, maybe nextime ill be better at loving her.

champion
Originally posted by Noble Strong
Love is when you look in to her eyes, then you realize, how much you enjoy sexing her. and im sorry i spunked all over her pubics, maybe nextime ill be better at loving her. no offence, but thats lust not love......When you experience true love you realize the difference between lust and love......

champion
My boyfriend and I have been together for nearly a year now. We have never done anything beyond normal Kissing. He gave me a golden heart necklace as an one year mark gift. We love each other all the more just because we respect each others bounderies. I dont push him for information when he isnt ready to tell me, and he doesnt push my "no-farther-than-normal-kissing" boundery

RocasAtoll
How many years have you known each other Champion?

champion
Originally posted by RocasAtoll
How many years have you known each other Champion? It will be a year in two days

botankus
I love everyone on KMC, except noobs, wackos, socks, and spammers. So basically, there's only about 4 people left...but I love 'em.

Fëanor
Originally posted by botankus
I love everyone on KMC, except noobs, wackos, socks, and spammers. So basically, there's only about 4 people left...but I love 'em. love was it cause my boobs felt like a bag of sand happy

botankus
They are extremely voluptuous...especially when compared with the chicks you seem to date!

redcaped
A Waste of Time...dedication is a lot better.

champion
I promised my bf that after high school I would marry him then go on to college....with a cheep wedding though...

1Biscuit
Love is something different to each person. Some people love in an obsessive way. Some people love unconditionally. Some people love in a cold way, without emotion. It all depends on the person.

RZA
What is love...
baby don't hurt me..
dont' hurt me...
no more.

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/960/whatislovevz6.gif

sorry I just had to...

champion
Love is an emotion.....you cant love emotionlessly.

botankus
Originally posted by RZA
What is love...
baby don't hurt me..
dont' hurt me...
no more.

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/960/whatislovevz6.gif

sorry I just had to...
I'm surprised a response like this didn't come sooner...it was the first thing I thought of, too.

Storm
To me, love is loving someone without expecting anything in return, no judgments, no restrictions, no limitations, no expectations. Love is free and unconditional, it' s not mixed with various needs, conditions and demands from your partner.

Love is being honest with yourself at all times, being honest with the other person at all times, telling, listening, respecting the truth and never pretending. Love is an understanding so complete that you feel as if you are a part of the other person.

Love is the freedom to pursue your own desires while sharing your experiences with the other person, the growth of one individual alongside of and together with the growth of another individual.

Love is giving and taking in a daily situation, being patient with each other' s needs and desires.

botankus
Love is also respecting an (American) football fan's desire to watch college and pro games on Saturday and Sunday. 1 PM - 11:30 PM, both days, at the very least. Also to attend 3 games per year and tailgate for 8 hours before each contest.

As crazy as it may sound, the above happens for me. That's why I'm in love.

Fëanor
Originally posted by Storm
To me, love is loving someone without expecting anything in return, no judgments, no restrictions, no limitations, no expectations. Love is free and unconditional, it' s not mixed with various needs, conditions and demands from your partner.

Love is being honest with yourself at all times, being honest with the other person at all times, telling, listening, respecting the truth and never pretending. Love is an understanding so complete that you feel as if you are a part of the other person.

Love is the freedom to pursue your own desires while sharing your experiences with the other person, the growth of one individual alongside of and together with the growth of another individual.

Love is giving and taking in a daily situation, being patient with each other' s needs and desires. whoa! you're in a small minority then storm. and when i say small...i'm talking on the sub-atomic level small.

botankus
Originally posted by Storm

Love is giving and taking in a daily situation, being patient with each other' s needs and desires.

To quote Stiffler: "I don't know, man...that sounds like a lot of work!"

Fëanor
To quote Spicole: "All I need is some good bud, and some tasty waves maaaaan."

debbiejo
Love is in the air..........who's gonna catch it..........It's always in the air...Just got to see it............Otherwise like they say..........it'll pass you by...............like a ship in the night.

redcaped
love is old

finti
so is man

redcaped
fin

champion
Yesterday was mine and Matts one year mark and First My best friend and matt start argueing during my only time of seeing him, then I barly get to talk to matt. He called DHS on his family and that is why they were argueing. Then to top it all off mom made me break up with him. ALL OF THAT HAPPENED ON MY ONE YEAR MARK. MY FIRST ONE YEAR MARK EVER.crycrycrycrycrycrycry

lil bitchiness
Love is a feeling you feel, when you feel a feeling you've never felt before...and stuff.

Soleran
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Love is a feeling you feel, when you feel a feeling you've never felt before...and stuff.

And that my friends sums it up, I think, kinda. laughing

debbiejo
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Love is a feeling you feel, when you feel a feeling you've never felt before...and stuff. laughing out loud And stuff????

You know there are a lot of other feeling and stuff that is not love and require a physician.......lol

champion
LOL

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>