Jackie Chan vs Jet Li

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Punk Tiger
I love both actors, they are great martial artists, but I'm thinking who has the most martial arts skills, nothing to do with their movies, just their skills. I see them taking out lots of people but in a competition, who would you think would win?

When I watch their movies Jet always looks more great the way he moves his body, the way he avoids moves and the best way to attack his foes.

eleveninches
Jet Li is probably the best hollywood kung fu star ever in terms of fighting ability. Bruce lee was definately more of an icon, but even at his peak, bruce was never the best martial artist in terms of fighting ability. He only mastered 2 or 3 styles, whereas Jet Li has mastered about 11.
Jackie Chan is more of a stuntman and fight choreographer than a kung fu master (although he IS a kung fu grand master). Jet is in much better shape than Chan, and Jet keeps winning loads of Chinese kung fu tournaments year after year, so I have to give it to him. He has been quoted as saying that kung fu is really not difficult for him

rainbow123
Jackie Chan in my opinion. He does his own stunts. I'm not sure for Jet Li. I dont see as much movies of Jet Li than Jackie Chan, so I just picked Jackie Chan

forumcrew
i think jet li could take jackie chan in a fight but he cant perform the same amazing stuns jackie can do... it would be interesting to see them both at a similar age though because jackin wouldnt stand a chance being a good bit older then him.. and i think Tonny Ja (star of ong bak) could be a better martial artist then both of them

Punk Tiger
I know what you mean, Bruce Lee was the greatest ever. I haven't seen many of his movies but he had the speed of a cheeter! But of course I didn't include him because he would win anyway so there'd be no point and of course... he's not around sad

MISSME
Yes,........this would be a "block buster" movie.

Jackie Chan and the toughest enemy.....Jet Lee....!!

I can't wait to see this movie!!!

Punk Tiger
Jet said "I have met Jackie Chan 6 times, I would love to be in a movie with him, that would be great." Not exact words but overall that's what he said

MISSME
Jackie Chan is a really nice person....I am sure he will think more about this future movie!!!

Deathblow
I like both, although they've both sunk pretty low in their American movies. Romeo Must Die, Cradle 2 The Grave, Shanghai Knights and Tuxedo are all godawful movies, especially compared to some of the masterpieces like The Legend and Drunken Master.

In terms of sheer ability, Jet easily. But Jackie's funnier and a better actor, and of course the crazy stunts (I'm still amazed he survived Police Story). Overall though, Jet has done by far the better movies.

Punk Tiger
Jet Li is a better martial artist & Jackie does comedy which is easier to do. The older films were better, Chinese movies, real movies that fitted.

Cinemaddiction
I have no idea how I missed this before. Guys, use the VS. thread at the top of the page for this.

Thanks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.